Class Changes: Virulence Sniper/ Dirty Fighting Gunslinger

EricMusco

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What they want is for us to be able to meet their "Quasi-Sustained" damage output levels.

Also, I am gonna need to check the Series of Shots useage now given that the lethal shot nerf is pretty major. Corrosive mine useage might also be a bit lower, idk yet.

My guess is that we are going back to the old rotation with 3x lethal shots under WB and series of shots+ takedown in the other and just rotating them off. I get why they want to nerf the dot damage but most likely we still are going to be filling lethal shots into a WB period, so i'm just not sure why they want to tell us not to.

This is what I was afraid of when I did some quick napkin math. I would recommend more along the lines of reducing the damage of cull by 12.5% or 15%. This combined with the other changes makes Virulence a better sustained spec then Marksmen/Sharpshooter. At the same time in would help bring sniper more in line with where it probably should be in a pure numbers standpoint.

Again this seems to be the same problem as the sorc corruption nerf, Bioware please reduce the level of the change that you are doing because as it is you are making huge changes numbers wise without actually have these changes on a Public Test Server in order to actually gauge these changes among a larger player base that can potentially try these changes in pvp, Nightmare (I know you label it as Master Mode) operations, and flashpoints and uprisings. The simple scale of the changes that you are doing should require public testing not just internal testing because they affect a significant part of the player base.

Also people need to remember that looking at dummy parses doesn't help too much when it comes to damage in ops because of how heavily roll is used in parsing but not in ops. I just did a no roll rotation parse and got pretty average crits and got 10.2k.

http://parsely.io/parser/view/294080

Even if we were to lowball the dps nerfs (say it's only 800 dps after finding a better rotation), that's 9.4k. That's pretty bad. I expect marksman to be the go to spec for most fights now unless there's no target swapping.

Edited by shyroman

I think the cull damage was the only reason viru was in the "quasi-sustained" category.... now with the nerf can you really quantify viru as having burst at all? Edited by Silense

Keep inmind that its only the "white" dmg of cull that gets nerfed not the poison effects it triggers which is the main dmg of cull anyway since using cull without dots on the target is kinda useless either way. so the nerf isent as big as you guys find to believe.

everybody were laughing when they annonced change for Arsenal its not funny when its your class been nerfed uh? that what happen when you ask bioware for nerfs enjoy now

Everyone was asked to nerf mercs defenses... it is a glass cannon and should remain one.

Keep inmind that its only the "white" dmg of cull that gets nerfed not the poison effects it triggers which is the main dmg of cull anyway since using cull without dots on the target is kinda useless either way. so the nerf isent as big as you guys find to believe.

Right now a laze target cull without dots does around 17k without relics or adrenal. If you factor in the 25% reduced damage you lose around 4k per cull activation. Seems pretty big to me lol.

also RIP virulence

Edited by AbashedDuk

everybody were laughing when they annonced change for Arsenal its not funny when its your class been nerfed uh? that what happen when you ask bioware for nerfs enjoy now

I think most of the playerbase realized that arsenal was in dire need of a DPS nerf and so are it's defensives, in particular as the spec is so easy to play.

Sure I doubt many are happy with the nerf to Virulence but it still viable in bossfights imo and it's hardly the end of the world. The aspect of being forced to swap around between specs is just something positive for a class, it is stupid when only once spec is viable for all bossfights, as it has been prior :)

Edit: Another important note, there is a context of DPS as well, as in requirements in PvE bossfights and for that, Viru is still viable as the DPS requirements overall are low and as we constantly get even better gear despite no buffs to nightmare content. As in, people are crying over a reduction of numbers, despite the numbers still being more than sufficient to clear all content.

Edited by RikuvonDrake

I think most of the playerbase realized that arsenal was in dire need of a DPS nerf and so are it's defensives, in particular as the spec is so easy to play.

Sure I doubt many are happy with the nerf to Virulence but it still viable in bossfights imo and it's hardly the end of the world. The aspect of being forced to swap around between specs is just something positive for a class, it is stupid when only once spec is viable for all bossfights, as it has been prior :)

But the way of going about making the other specs viable isn't by nerfing the 1 spec that outperforms the others to the ground. Instead, this should have gotten a smaller/milder nerf with the under preforming specs meeting it in the middle.

But the way of going about making the other specs viable isn't by nerfing the 1 spec that outperforms the others to the ground. Instead, this should have gotten a smaller/milder nerf with the under preforming specs meeting it in the middle.

Nailed it

I never considered Virulence to be a danger in yolo or in regs...granted it is a support class that requiers considerable skill to cause any kind of danger. So i don't think there will be much difference noticed, it will perform the same pre 5.3 and after, it is a sustained dot damage, support class, that keeps it's distance and spreads poop all over the place... it is good in 8 vs 8, it is a disaster in solo ranked...

I think we are still waiting for the adjustments to the other two specs no?

And I am not saying that MM should become equal in terms of sustain, I am just commenting on the fact that even in terms of burst, Virulence is better than MM and Virulence is better than Engi for sustain, that shouldn't be the case if you want all specs to be viable. Engi is supposed to be the preferred spec for sustain, MM for Burst and Virulence as something in between, these adjustments to Viru makes it less of a bursty specc which is great while it retains most of it's sustain.

With the upcoming changes to Engi and MM, I really hope that Bioware ensures that each spec is the best at its specific purpose, be it sustain, burst or being decent at both.

Edit: I guess you might have missed this thread by the devs, please read it and you will understand my thinking better.

Edited by RikuvonDrake

ok so here it's a stupid nerf. you're killing the spec with these changes.

weakening blast costing energy ?? cull 25% damage nerf :eek:

you're not playing this game...

i bet for the death of engineering soon, seeing this.

any pve boys arguing it's a nerf because of PvP?? :p

Edited by Thaladan

Engineering and IO should be prepared to take a nerf also.

I honestly don't care if they nerf my DPS as long as they fix my resource management (and IO dotspreads).

Edited by XhrisShan
Typo correction

So... we destroy two other class spec's in game and give a NERF Feather Tickle to Snipers/Slingers?

I have ONE Sniper and she is fun to play, but not heavily used. Appears this forum is not melting in a nuke fallout shelter so I'm going to assume the Snipers/Slingers are "meh okay" with a mild nerfing. :)