Class changes: Nerf vs. Buff

Kaldron_Fell

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think buffs would be better received too...but for some reason, I think it's easier for them to use the nerf hammer...it's probably less work somehow.

The reason I think buffs would be better, is because they're regarded more positively and it would bring up the classes that aren't as strong without diminishing anyone's fun, at least not straight away, until a new uber class emerges. Of course, that means, they'd have to up the difficulty on the bosses and such. Which might not be a bad thing, given what a face roll this game is really. I can 'one key' to death most things.

I think waiting 10 months to fix inbalance is a major issue. People get use to a certain play over time, if changes are made quickly there is less arguement. More so you don’t make nerfs over months do it quickly and all at once dragging it out as they have it’s just not smart. Oh well if they are determined to drive players off nothing we can do about it but either chose to endure a poorly run game that I think has potential if only it gets decent dev leaders, or we can leave. It is getting harder to believe they will find a talented dev leader to reverse all the damage their current and previous dev leadership has done.

I think waiting 10 months to fix inbalance is a major issue. People get use to a certain play over time, if changes are made quickly there is less arguement. More so you don’t make nerfs over months do it quickly and all at once dragging it out as they have it’s just not smart. Oh well if they are determined to drive players off nothing we can do about it but either chose to endure a poorly run game that I think has potential if only it gets decent dev leaders, or we can leave. It is getting harder to believe they will find a talented dev leader to reverse all the damage their current and previous dev leadership has done.

It is a long time and the problem is many issues seem to just hang there for a really long time, doesn't matter what it is really, it sits and sits. And it's bad for the game, because people will do exactly what you said. :(

I'm not sure if you guys just don't care or you're just not understanding what you're doing, but your nerfs/buffs/changes are way off and the game is not played on some nerds spreadsheet. You're creating more problems than you're solving. It's very frustrating. I also do not think you guys understand just how lucky you are that there is litterally NO OTHER MMORPG OUT that's similar to this one. If there was, you'd have credit farmers and a handful of Star Wars fans playing this game and thats it. Anyone playing it for actual content or PVP would be gone.

+ 1, agreed