Season 8 Rewards

EricMusco

They've said in the past that gold tier should include the top 5% of players. Tanks and healers usually skew the numbers every season (especially longer ones) but this season's metrics were also impacted by the influx of the uber dps specs of Merc and Sniper.

So, basically let FOTM be "generally" the only thing reaching gold while the rest is ruined just like that. Pretty darn fair. I mean, yeah, FOTM is usually the 'top of the mountain' but Merc/sniper was just pure abuse compared to any update before.

With that said, I do like the increased requirement to keep it competitive and make it more difficult for win traders to predict where they need to stop.

Its nice but come on, this is too much and only, pretty much, achieveable on Harbinger and The Red Eclipse servers.Other servers are basically dead, and only way is really wintrade. Seems fair, right? Population of two servers to screw the others(I say this because it is where the rank games are popping usually) :\

And I don'ttouch the part of throwers, hackers and component/cxp farmers.

Edited by memerobot

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've said in the past that gold tier should include the top 5% of players. Tanks and healers usually skew the numbers every season (especially longer ones) but this season's metrics were also impacted by the influx of the uber dps specs of Merc and Sniper.

With that said, I do like the increased requirement to keep it competitive and make it more difficult for win traders to predict where they need to stop.

I understand the need to keep it competitive, I'm always for this :p But things start to get weird when you're from a semi-deserted server, were the lack of players makes it really hard to obtain any rating over 1400+

I've seen some good players who got stuck with low rating because nobody wanted to queue. :/

As for big server like TRE or else, the amount of players who were there for the purpose of playing ranked was really small in comparison of players who just afk in ranked because they're after components. Even if it is easier to get higher rating by playing tank or healer (I've seen the difference when playing tank over dps ^^ ), it won't prevent you from failing because you got with you the two guys that don't care about winning. :(

The problem isn't that the ratings increased, it is more that the increase was really big for a season that didn't saw much players. :/ The longer the season goes doesn't mean that you'll get higher rating, in fact you're more likely to lose it. :D

As for group ranked, I'm not certain if the over-playing of merc and sniper was really a thing. I didn't see many team that used two merc, two snipers or anything similar this season... This impacted greatly solo ranked if i'm correct. :/

I'm guessing the top 5% is infected with people who don't deserve the rating, either from que sync or win trades, of course plenty of the 1750+ earned their rating, but a good portion didn't and that is why data is not always the way to go with decisions for pvp.

The problem I see is that, you can have 250+ wins, and 150 losses but be considered a silver tier player. I don't like to get all geek mode because RL>swtor but it doesn't sit well with me when you have limited time to play, and when you log on and either get hackers, or really bad players due to horrible mmr, how do you work with that?

Edited by Going

I'm guessing the top 5% is infected with people who don't deserve the rating, either from que sync or win trades, of course plenty of the 1750+ earned their rating, but a good portion didn't and that is why data is not always the way to go with decisions for pvp.

The problem I see is that, you can have 250+ wins, and 150 losses but be considered a silver tier player. I don't like to get all geek mode because RL>swtor but it doesn't sit well with me when you have limited time to play, and when you log on and either get hackers, or really bad players due to horrible mmr, how do you work with that?

Well... You stop playing for some times, then pray really hard to have good mates when you begin your next session. :x

Before 5.0 I think you could still had some wins even if your team was really bad if you were so good that you could carry them.

Now it became really more difficult with this much merc and sniper around. :/

Ranked has never been worth the effort...Rewards are garbage, hacking is rampant and goes unchecked...

Extreme class imbalance is left skewed for duration's that negatively affect an entire ranked season...

When you really think about it there are far more reason not to play ranked than there are to participate...

Now add the wonderful pricing and hefty ranking requirements to the list... Mhm fun.

It's like the developer's went straight into my brain and pulled out the perfect formula to repel me from a specific game activity.

Edited by Soljin

Ironic.

People are complaining that there is fotm classes but never managed to adapt to it.

People also complaining either ranked is too hard or game is broken or the rewards isn't good enough or a million other ways to complain.

Here is the bottom line,

Ranked PVP is made for people who wanna win and put real work into to not only learning a class but learning how to play at a high level. This goes also into learning how to find like minded people to play with who has same core values to win.

Ranked isn't about vanity items or gear its about being the best you can each season and geting better

I happen to like what the rewards are and look forward to next season so everyone can feel the hard work I am about to put in to get top rank.

Thank you Eric and team and keep up good work! Would love to see 2 vs 2 arena someday in this game. 😀

Edited by Caeliuxrules

Not sure if it has been asked yet but what will happen to our season 7 tokens? In the past I believe it was said that unspent tokens would convert to warzone commendations, but those are gone now.

Is it entirely possible that our unspent S7 tokens will cconvert to Season 8 ones? A one to one would be wonderful, but I think a 2 for 1 would suit me.

OMG, 100,000 for the weapon set and 50,000 for the crystal... this is so impossible

I use to queue every night for ranked and during daytime on weekends and max pop I got per night is probably 5 or 6 per day, I m on pub side. sometimes I m in queue WHOLE NIGHT AND ZERO POPS.

Has any of the dev team actually plays this game? are they aware of how rare a rank pop is? I can prob afford the crystal box (although I can imagine the color will be ugly) but no way close I can afford the weapon box

Eric are you joking with these rewards especially the weapon box and how it costs 100k tokens even tho the predacious ones cost 20k and less than the Crystal box. And the titles are just a joke.

LOL, I didnt queue ranked much before this season and I realized how less pop compare to regular warzones, sometimes I do not get any pop in one night, as of now I am in queue for about 2 hours, Friday night, no pop. I stopped using command boost when queuing ranked, it is just waste of credits. oh wait I know why no pop yet because after seeing the reward nobody gives a sh*t any more!

there is no way I can get 100,000 that is ridiculous, I think they are only purchasable by people who have silver and gold ratings, not for me. too bad, will not bother with ranked next season. :mad:

Edited by royren

I formally came from JC before my guild switched over to harb for more reg que pops, and I have to say the costs are to much for people who are on semi-dead servers. Hell the only reason I was able to get gold was because the season started I was one of the only 3 healers ever in que, so I got majority of the que pops and the wins due to luck. Point is, for other people they wont even get near this amount. Hell ranked was dead after the first month on JC, and now that people realize they need silver for at least the weapons which is 1500 rating, they probably wont even try because ranked wont even pop on some servers.

This neither provides incentive for people to que for ranked pvp nor is affordable for people who are on servers that struggle to get 90 people on imperial fleet.

This neither provides incentive for people to que for ranked pvp nor is affordable for people who are on servers that struggle to get 90 people on imperial fleet.

Lol, 90 is still good x) just transfer to any french server, where they never get more than 20 person on the fleet...

But yeah, empty server makes it hard for people to do ranked, it's sad to see that the high requirement won't change things at all :/

I think this situation is a perfect example of Bioware's current failings. More communication is entirely irrelevant to us unless the communication is worthwhile. You have left players with a little over two weeks, in the height of summer, to grind the extra rating needed to make up for this bizarre rating inflation. A short time frame in a busy month, what a brilliant idea.

Of course, this could have been solved if the ratings were released a few weeks ago, like the following people asked for:

If you could prioritize the ratings for each tier it would be great.

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that I get characters to 1650 under the assumption that that will be good enough for tier 1. If it isn't I've got a lot of work to do before the end of the season...

Please release the tier rating requirements... That is very important to a lot of people. Thank you.

There is more than month left since that annoucement and still NO feedback about screenshots, prices or tier-rating demands :(

I was hoping we would get some news about rewards, tiers, prices by now....

So what day are you gonna release the ratings and the exact cost cos I can't wait any longer I keep checking the site every 5 minutes

I understand it can take a while to get the weapons, mounts, banners, flairs and titles sorted. We didn't need to know exactly what these would be, as you've been fairly consistent over the past few seasons with the quality of your items. The issue everyone had was in this uncertain meta with specific classes breezing past certain ratings and others struggling, where you would find the balance. You decided to inflate the rating requirement pretty substantially, and have given players almost no time to sort it out.

That doesn't particularly bother me, I have more PVP weapons and Titles (along with the infinitely cooler PVE ones anyway) and can stand to miss out on a few toons, but many people will miss out because of how awfully you've handled this situation. If you knew the tiers already you should have told us, and if you didn't, your PVP team are failing at their job. It doesn't take this long to set arbitrary boundaries, and you should have had the metrics to prove where people would end up.

It pretty much goes without saying as well, that this is the worst season you could have chosen to make these strange changes. At the beginning of the season, RNJesus smiled upon some and not others, which allowed those who played a lot at the beginning establish a dominance due to how teams are chosen, and stay there, farming one toon until they had the comms to play with others. That's a good way of managing it, for the players, and good on them, but that option shouldn't have existed. The gear disparity shouldn't have existed, not when the grind took that long. All in all, you created a season in which gaining rating took only time, and gear. Once I broke 1500, grinding to 1700 and beyond took no time at all, and I'm sure many people found the same experience, so why arbitrarily restrict the the rewards to time spent?

The way I see it, the only answer I can find to that question, is that you can't motivate people to play ranked through the rampant class imbalance, long queues and low population that your disastrous handling of this game over the past year has caused. As a result, you have changed the balance achieved when tokens were the reward for time, and tiers the reward for skill, to both simply being time sinks, because you feel it's the only way you can actually get people to play the game. That is frankly rather sad.

I've been enjoying the direction the team has been taking the game until now. I had enjoyed playing the game again until now, and it doesn't even have anything to do with me missing rewards, as I probably won't. I'd fallen for your marketing ploy of increased communication, but all this shows to me is that when it counts, you'll be 'old Bioware'. I'd fallen for the spiel that you were returning to MMO roots, but this again only shows that only time sinks for sub revenue are on your agenda. Then again, maybe that's exactly what you meant.

Edited by Selenial

Ranked has never been worth the effort...Rewards are garbage, hacking is rampant and goes unchecked...

Lol guys... what did you really expect??? Bioware team gave us a wonderful rewards. And at least they gave us EVERYTHING they could according the previous seasons (except armor). You call'em garbage just because these rewards don't match your taste, but that isn't right, our tastes are different and Bioware team can't really satisfy us all. I can agree with your claims about prices and tier demands, but the rewards and titles are really splendid (at least comparing with rewards of season 7). Thank you, Musco, for such great rewards, they are really worth playing RWZ and expecting'em such long time!

Wow. Those rewards really are trash. I'm sorry but they are really bad. "Hot"? "Sizzling"? "the Fiery"? ", on Fire"? In addition to the mount barely even being fiery. The rewards besides the flags, crystals, and maybe even weapons aren't worth it. Edited by Talon_strikes

I understand it can take a while to get the weapons, mounts, banners, flairs and titles sorted.

They sure seem to get those cartel market ones out ok tho. Don't they? And for some reason cartel market ones have a few more bells an whistles. Pretty sure they **** out the season 8 rewards in 2 days time after we started pointing out a few weeks turned into a couple of months. Look at the flairs. IS THAT A *********** 8??? OMG AN 8. SORRY FOR THE CAPS BUT IM SUPER EXCITED FOR AN 8!!! Thank god i busted my *** this season. **** i only had 1-4 before. some people need to go **** themselves

Can the pvp reward tokens be legacy and not character bound. Otherwise some of my character will have wasted tokens that i can't give use.

Don't think this hurts the gameplay. I just want to play on one character more than the others, and being forced to play the equal amout of time on both to get the elo i desire or tokens is frustrating.

Eric if you can tell this to keith i would really appreciate

Edited by LordAppius
misspelled a word

Wow. Those rewards really are trash. I'm sorry but they are really bad. "Hot"? "Sizzling"? "the Fiery"? ", on Fire"? In addition to the mount barely even being fiery. The rewards besides the flags, crystals, and maybe even weapons aren't worth it.

actually i like the bronze better that the rest title but why so hard to make up great title for example

extreme killer, great destroyer , or some cooler title like that ?

hot , sizzling, fiery , on fire ? when i saw this title i associate the title with some master chef shows