Oh it will be righteous

kissingaiur

I have a 70 operative. I refuse to play concealment. I will only play leth, because I admit Im a garbage hlr, so I dont try.

the reason I refuse to play con, is because its broken. some player like a challenge, we dont want to roll everyone.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hatred sin

I played hatred sin once, I think it made me dumberber... the spec's rotation is litteraly the most brain dead thing in this game, and that's saying a lot.

Also, things make more sense now.... a concealment op would destroy a hatred sin 1v1, so obviously they need a nerf. Rock beats scissors so if you're scissors, rock must be nerfed!

I have a 70 operative. I refuse to play concealment. I will only play leth, because I admit Im a garbage hlr, so I dont try.

the reason I refuse to play con, is because its broken. some player like a challenge, we dont want to roll everyone.

Garbage at lethality but God at concealment? Thanks for your noble gesture of not breaking the game by playing your concealment op, I'm sure you'd single handily ruin PvP for all.

lolol, you asked my main bud. I play every dps spec in this game. there is no rock/paper make my class/spec god.

everyone has preferences. mine? I will not play OP specs. my merc? I main arsenal first of all. that being said, he is command rank 7, I have had him since 5.0 launch. I am disgusted what they did to my merc. I have been disgusted with the power of con op since my first end game operative.

you have a very narrow insight.

Edit: arsenal merc is my main Merc spec. Not my main anything else.

Edited by Seterade

I dont remember calling myself a garbage leth. pls dont assume.

I played hatred sin once, I think it made me dumberber... the spec's rotation is litteraly the most brain dead thing in this game, and that's saying a lot.

lolol, ok you made me laugh. however you feel about me Im no longer buggered.

before I log off swtor tonight I did want to post one more thing to this post.

I have played every spec in this game well enough to parse up to 200k of the highest parses. I suck at tanking, I suck at hling. but the #1 thing I have learned..... "game is hard" is the most sarcastic thing you will ever say about this game. this game, considering it has (I think) a 13+ age rating on it, could be played well by my 7 year nephew.... Im not joking, I let him try, and within a half hour he was walking through heroics.

so in fairness.... their all brain dead classes.

Edited by Seterade

lolol, ok you made me laugh. however you feel about me Im no longer buggered.

before I log off swtor tonight I did want to post one more thing to this post.

I have played every spec in this game well enough to parse up to 200k of the highest parses. I suck at tanking, I suck at hling. but the #1 thing I have learned..... "game is hard" is the most sarcastic thing you will ever say about this game. this game, considering it has (I think) a 13+ age rating on it, could be played well by my 7 year nephew.... Im not joking, I let him try, and within a half hour he was walking through heroics.

so in fairness.... their all brain dead classes.

Cool story.

Lulz. Ppl actually think the operative class doesn't need a nerf.... I can say with 100% certainty coming from a player who despises all OP specs, the concealment is one of the most powerful spec 1v1 in this entire game. Not only that, but an operative of equal skill to a deception sin will roll that sin into a corner to die.

a 4 sec LOS root every 15 seconds is stronger than a resolve building stun that cant take dmg. a 30 sec hrd stun vs a 45 sec hard stun. a 1 minute cooldown force shroud that takes white dmg vs a all moves resist roll every 10 sec. 5 sec 200% white dmg eva with 150% reflect vs 12 sec 50% white dmg evade and 50% reflect. shield probe every 25 seconds vs 30% defence every 45 sec (hatred) or 10% def from crits and maul. are you strting to see a pattern?

sin an ops are not in the same class. not only that, but if you think the ops dont need a nerf you need to either fight better ops, or you need to learn the power of the 4 sec root an op roll.

Your argument is 100% invalid because you failed to realize one thing.

First off...in solo content...everything is easy for all specs.

In pve you always need a team to do an operation...or FP (Not the solo ones). So operatives skillset is once again...useless...not that its skillset really ever applied in pve the way it does in pvp.

Great...operatives are good at duels in your Stronghold. Yet when I que up for lowbies, mids, 70's, solo ranked, team ranked...all I get are the options of 4 v 4 and 8 v 8...guess what? no 1 v 1 option. It is team based so operatives can't excel at 1 v 1 if being focused. Operatives don't really have any high powered DCD like undying rage, imperial preparations, enraged defenses...and so on. They have roll dodge immunity as conceal...which has a 10s cooldown and cannot attack while using...I can while in undying. Then right after...since if the player is stuck in 1 v 1 on an operative should have called for help...now its not a 1 v 1...even if the op gets help...a 2 v 2 is not where an operative shines either...all they have to do is focus it or the other player and kill it..an operative doesn't have the ability to prevent this besides leaving the fight with escape combat. Not saying its worthless and can't win a 2 v 2...it just shines best in 1 v 1. Pvp is a team based game...the fact that you think its a 1 v 1 is because you either do not call out...or you put yourself in a position to be killed 1 v 1 with an operative. Like say chasing it after door is blown up in voidstar and suddenly you are alone with the nearest teammate over 150m away. Good luck.

Also your comparisons to sin literally are lacking. You should tie in sins CC kit...you'd be surprised HOW much more cc a sin has...its way better than an operative. You even got Spike! Operatives only have hidden stri....oh...R.I.P.

Thats okai you can just teleport away using Phas...yah...its always the sorcs fault in the end. =)

Edited by VixenRawR

http://i.imgur.com/DkuZ9A8.jpg

Let the nerf wars commence! :D

(And yes, something else will just be FOTM then. And yes won despite being "out-merc'ed" heh)

Undoubtedly there will be a new FOTM, let's just hope it's not as extreme as Mercs and Snipers have been this meta, at least that would still be an improvement.

I will say this though, I wouldn't want to be one of the more vocal trashtalking Merc players we've seen across the servers over the last 6 months after July. Payback's a *****.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Also just had a CW with no less than 5 sorc healers on their side :(

Oh how I wish for a better Star Wars PVP game.

i not long ago came out of a WZ where

we had 5 lighting sorc and 1 healer sorc

the enemy team did not had a healer....

we lost because we could not kill anyone lol

Also your comparisons to sin literally are lacking. You should tie in sins CC kit...you'd be surprised HOW much more cc a sin has...its way better than an operative. You even got Spike! Operatives only have hidden stri....oh...R.I.P.

Thats okai you can just teleport away using Phas...yah...its always the sorcs fault in the end. =)

Sin cc kit: deception

Spike- 2 second hard stun (can only be used from stlth)

whirlwind- single target 8 sec, 2 sec cast 1 minute cd (breaks on dmg) (you can use a utility point to make it cast insta, an you can use an addition utility point to make it affect two more players, totaling a 3 person cc insta cast for 8 sec. requires 2 utlitys.)insta whirlwind will inflict a 2 sec hrd stun on dmg taken

low slash- 4 sec cc 15 sec cd 30 meter range. (cc breaks on dmg)

stlth cc- cc an enemy up to 60-10 (8?)seconds (usable only from stlth, enemy cannot be in combat) (a utility can inflict 25% att debuff if cc breaks on dmg)

legendary utility only: you can root an enemy for two secs after low slash.

Operative cc kit: Concealment

Requires utility point- back stab roots for 2 seconds and interupts enemy (utility available only from stlth back stab)

Flashbang- ccs up to 8 enemys instant activation 45 sec cd (cc breaks on dmg)

crippling slash- root an enemy for 4 seconds 15 sec cd (offers LOS immunity to dmg)

stlth cc- you can cc an enemy up to 60-10 (8?) seconds (utility point offers a 50% att debuff. does not require dmg to take effect [see sin cc debuff requirment])

sin hard stun: 55 sec cd (with utility 45 sec cd)

op hrd stun: 45 sec cd (with utility 30 sec hrd stun)

I could go into dcds but I feel like this info is redunant. but no, with all this info spread out comparision to comparsion, sin cc does not equal operative cc.

Honestly: L2P. Just because you dont know how to play one and fail to understand the class is not a good reason to be trowing false statments like that on an almost universial celebration of the nerf of mercs. Jeez, I hate to be that guy but just L2P.

:jawa_redface:

the irony of this post was the ppl who need to L2P are the ppl who think their class doesnt need a nerf. remember all the arguements for dont nerf mercs? they were all from merc players who couldnt win 1v1s.

Edited by Seterade

Sin cc kit: deception

Spike- 2 second hard stun (can only be used from stlth)

whirlwind- single target 8 sec, 2 sec cast 1 minute cd (breaks on dmg) (you can use a utility point to make it cast insta, an you can use an addition utility point to make it affect two more players, totaling a 3 person cc insta cast for 8 sec. requires 2 utlitys.)insta whirlwind will inflict a 2 sec hrd stun on dmg taken

low slash- 4 sec cc 15 sec cd 30 meter range. (cc breaks on dmg)

stlth cc- cc an enemy up to 60-10 (8?)seconds (usable only from stlth, enemy cannot be in combat) (a utility can inflict 25% att debuff if cc breaks on dmg)

legendary utility only: you can root an enemy for two secs after low slash.

Operative cc kit: Concealment

Requires utility point- back stab roots for 2 seconds and interupts enemy (utility available only from stlth back stab)

Flashbang- ccs up to 8 enemys instant activation 45 sec cd (cc breaks on dmg)

crippling slash- root an enemy for 4 seconds 15 sec cd (offers LOS immunity to dmg)

stlth cc- you can cc an enemy up to 60-10 (8?) seconds (utility point offers a 50% att debuff. does not require dmg to take effect [see sin cc debuff requirment])

sin hard stun: 55 sec cd (with utility 45 sec cd)

op hrd stun: 45 sec cd (with utility 30 sec hrd stun)

I could go into dcds but I feel like this info is redunant. but no, with all this info spread out comparision to comparsion, sin cc does not equal operative cc.

the irony of this post was the ppl who need to L2P are the ppl who think their class doesnt need a nerf. remember all the arguements for dont nerf mercs? they were all from merc players who couldnt win 1v1s.

Cool, so you're admitting that Sin's have more stuns than Ops... #nerfsins

grow up. petty insults are for kids. you dont like what I have to say. disagree. dont act 12.

your as intelligent as "mercenary player" at providing accurate, analytical, and logic responces to posts.

You sir, are a hypocrite...

And since I have no problem using petty insults, I'll go ahead and call you a moron too. Pro tip: When criticizing someone else's Intelligence, at the very least, use spellcheck.

Let me break this down into something you might understand:

- Low Slash > Crippling Slash (can't really argue this one)

- Lift = Flashbang (debatable, I like the range and two second hard stun on lift but Flash affects more targets)

- Both have 4 second hardstuns (Slight advantage op due to lower cd)

- Spike > NOTHING (sins can open with a 2 second hard stun whenever they pop out of stealth, ops can't )

So what I said was in fact, 100% true... Sin's do have more hardstuns than operatives.

Can you please quit hijacking the thread and just allow us to rejoice in the Mercy/Sniper nerfs!

Edited by J_McSkill

the funniest part of all this?: this is bioware we are talking about. they aren't going to fix the broken dcd's. instead, they will nerf the dps down to sorc levels. mark my words and you heard it here first.

p.s. nerf ops!

Edited by sumquy

p.s. nerf ops!

No thanks. My Op is not yet BiS, but I am still getting killed 1 vs 1 against DPS juggs with BiS :(. Despite my best effort of controlling a situation, I am obvious still going to get hit, and they simply do too much damage for any of my defenses to cope with (Evasion is only white damage and Curative Agent take 7 years to do any meaningful healing). I would literally have to run and hide until all my CC was available again, and by then the guy is long gone, or his own CD would be back :/

And despite this I still think DPS juggs needs to be buffed heh.

Sorcerers are the only class I can reliable chase and kill.