Starting to believe the reviews now?

Doomsaga

OP - Can we have your stuff?

Do you even have any stuff?

Bye :)

Everyone else...Don't feed them :rolleyes:

hmm last i check i said nothing about quiting. as for this game gettin a 93% when it copying games that dont i'd say thats grossly biased if i ever seen it. it has problems yes never said it cant get better only time will tell. this game has alot of bugs hince why i said too soon. As a 2011 MMI there are things that it's missing that it should have, that being said theres no way it should get higher score than a 7 /10 which isnt bad but generally the reviews for this game are 7/10 and anything higher than that is clearly biased

Edited by Doomsaga

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm last i check i said nothing about quiting. as for this game gettin a 93% when it copying games that dont i'd say thats grossly biased if i ever seen it. it has problems yes never said it cant get better only time will tell. this game has alot of bugs hince why i said too soon. As a 2011 theres things that its missing that it should have which theres no way it should get higher than a 7 /10 which isnt bad but generally the reviews are 7/10 anything higher than that is clearly biased

That last sentence is just effing glorious. I might just have to make it my signature.

hmm last i check i said nothing about quiting. As for this game gettin a 93% when it copying games that dont i'd say thats grossly biased if i ever seen it. It has problems yes never said it cant get better only time will tell. This game has alot of bugs hince why i said too soon. As a 2011 mmi there are things that it's missing that it should have, that being said theres no way it should get higher score than a 7 /10 which isnt bad but generally the reviews for this game are 7/10 and anything higher than that is clearly biased

if you dont agree with my review you are wrong!!!!!!!!!!!! Raor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i like the game..i know what its lacking..

but its like a child...you dont expect a 2 year old to be driving a car, dating, getting married, having kids, and being an adult..

it like anything, takes time to develope. and i am going to give this game its due..

and I AM STAR WARS FAN..MY computer area is a STAR WARS shrine...

and everyday i get to look at my manufaturing defect toy worth hundreds of dollars even though i paid 6 bucks for it...

Boba Fett. is sweet. even as a toy he makes bank...lol

but anyways..if they did conventions where i lived id be then and probally dressed for it too...

this game has my attention...LETS SEE WHAT U CAN DO TO KEEP IT BIOWARE OR EA or whatever ur company is called...DARK HORSE...lol

Like review scores even mean anything, not to mention scores tend to go

under 8 = terrible

8 is ok, 9-10 goes from good to great.

and I won't even get started on metacritics absurd out of 100 scale

I might read a review to see if it has any interesting points, but some arbitrary number doesn't mean anything to me.

Edited by Fyuria

I have a few friends considering it mainly due to them being big pvpers and hating huttball, and the massive imbalances that comes with it.

All the people I know staying are ones that don't like MMO's and never talk to anyone and have chat disabled and only party with their significant others and ignore all other people completely and play the game like it's a single player game.

Which leads me to my theory that this was a single player game that they made into an MMO at the last minute to get more money out of it.

Heres what I believe.

Do I find this game fun? Yes

Do I find it addicting? Yes

Do I see my self playing for months? I fully intend on playing through all storys so yes.

Is there other things in the game to keep my interest? PVP is fun even if its not a main focux and I enjoy the space missions so yes.

Conclusion ----> Worth subbing

Sadly, EA doesn't care if a game is ready or not.

This is what happens when you partner with the dark horse of the gaming industry.

Too funny, but so true. Clearly, they are in for the money, not the creative works. They build games based on stock performance and cash flow, not to win game of the year.

EA ruined Dragon Age. Bioware back in the day with Baldur's Gate, etc. were the kings of RPG and then along came EA. Enough said.

Bad reviews?

5/5 G4TV

95 Ausgamers

93 PCGamer

92 3DJuegos

90 Gamereactor

90 Vandal Online

90 Cheat Code Central

90 XGN

90 Gamers.at

89 VentureBeat

88 Ten Ton Hammer

80 Guardian

80 Gameblog.fr

80 Eurogamer Italy

How are those bad, exactly?

before the game release alot of reviews gave it bad reviews and the ppl here didnt like them. After playin the game a bit i can tell those reviews were pretty accurate and u see less of the ppl who said this game was "awsome" and more ppl unsubing. this game clearly wasnt ready

The 1, 3 and 6 month marks are what matters and when the reviews should happen.

Launch and pre launch reviews are generally way out of whack from reality good or bad.

Like review scores even mean anything, not to mention scores tend to go

under 8 = terrible

8 is ok, 9-10 goes from good to great.

and I won't even get started on metacritics absurd out of 100 scale

I might read a review to see if it has any interesting points, but some arbitrary number doesn't mean anything to me.

Be nice if 5 actually meant average again :)

before the game release alot of reviews gave it bad reviews and the ppl here didnt like them. After playin the game a bit i can tell those reviews were pretty accurate and u see less of the ppl who said this game was "awsome" and more ppl unsubing. this game clearly wasnt ready

sad thing is id be playing if i was not in a Q.

People have to realize the ones that post on forums are a small population i mean if everyone posted here there would be well over 1.5 million on each post yet u see what 30 posts per post some with the same person posting.

so ur opinion is noted but the vast majority will never see ur troll post

Bad reviews?

How are those bad, exactly?

Shh you can't say that,at any moment someone will say those people were paid off and that's why TOR scored high.

What said peeps fail to realize is if EA/BW paid them off so did Blizzard,Turbine,SOE,Funcom and so on,but of course you can't tell them that.They seem to know all when it comes to reviews.

Shh you can't say that,at any moment someone will say those people were paid off and that's why TOR scored high.

What said peeps fail to realize is if EA/BW paid them off so did Blizzard,Turbine,SOE,Funcom and so on,but of course you can't tell them that.They seem to know all when it comes to reviews.

Oh right, silly me. :p

I haven't actually seen any bad reviews for the game in my limited searching. I don't see where all the hate is coming from, I mean, it's a new toy. Give it a chance until you get properly acclimated and some more content is put in since that is where your subs are going.

Negative reviews indeed /sarcasm

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/star-wars-the-old-republic/critic-reviews

Oh wait! It's a conspiracy right? EA has somehow bought off every publication in existence and has managed to seal all potential leaks by hiring hit men to kill all who know.

*puts on your tinfoil hat*

Wait a minute...I got it! EA has hired YOU to come here and make a false claim so others will post all the positive reviews the game has been getting, ergo, showing off the amazing scores giving EA free publicity! OMG it IS all a big conspiracy!! I solved it guys!

Edited by Improv-

Heres what I believe.

Do I find this game fun? Yes

Do I find it addicting? Yes

Do I see my self playing for months? I fully intend on playing through all storys so yes.

Is there other things in the game to keep my interest? PVP is fun even if its not a main focux and I enjoy the space missions so yes.

Conclusion ----> Worth subbing

Ditto and as for the original post I haven't seen a bad review of this game even here in Australia, where most people are peeved with having to wait until March for an official Australian release.

I was part of beta and have seen that the points I made during my feedback sessions appears to have been acted upon, so yet again I am happy.

Happily having fun in game

Happily addicted

Will be Happily playing for many many months

This is the first game I will Happily be involved actively in PVP (WoW turned me totally off of PVP for a long time)

Happily parting with my money to keep playing.

(sorry for plagiarizing your post Flunkorg)

Let's be honest for a second and face, SWTOR on release day might have had many bugs, but from personal experience I can tell you it had a lot less bugs than WoW had when it was first released. Love it or hate it, the devs are dealing with the issues but they're only human so give them time?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/warhammer-online-age-of-reckoning

It bloody tanked.

Reviews good or bad mean jack. All that matters is the subscription loss after the first month and if there is any growth/loss at the 3/6th month marks. That is the true review.