Starting to believe the reviews now?

Doomsaga

I've seen nothing but positive reviews, other than people complaining on these forums. Not sure those count as "reviews" though. PC Gamer gave this game a 93 I believe. Most places are giving it a 90%+ score.

user reviews, which are all that matter, place it in about 60%.

Critic reviews are total ********. They have a vested interest in giving good reviews as they only get games from big publishers (EA) if they give decent reveiws, and they need games given to them to keep in business, they cant piss off publishers just to be honest.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

before the game release alot of reviews gave it bad reviews and the ppl here didnt like them. After playin the game a bit i can tell those reviews were pretty accurate and u see less of the ppl who said this game was "awsome" and more ppl unsubing. this game clearly wasnt ready

It's reaching close to 2 million sales, and who knows how much longer its going to grow. But when a company makes the 1 millions subs, they can already improve this game for the coming 10 years. So they already made their money and profit and they have nothing to worry about. Now, all that's left is that the devs listen to the community and release new features and expansions and off course fix glitches in the future.

you think we still have the oh-so-mentioned 2m preorders still playing?

try half of that

try even less than half

and going down as we speak

I love your kind of fanbois, but I dont get to enjoy you for long. when official numbers are given and they reflect a reality WAY grimmer than what they expected they fall in depression and dont post ever again

I think the one depressed and crying because this game it isn't dying will be you, but aside from that, I'd love to ask "why do you want this game to fail?"

what is your emotional involvement in this? do you have any grudge or you just hang around game forums spewing silly doom predictions while touching yourself? Just a curiosity from a purely medical point of view

Remove the multiplayer element at the moment

Can you even imagine a singleplayer RPG having 4 differing stories when you play as a republic class and then enabling you to switch and play as a empire player and going through 4 more full stories.

I mean it has 8 full length stories for you to immerse yourself in, EIGHT! That is a ton of gaming content right there!

So even if you completely ignored the Multiplayer aspect of the game and just played each class story up to the end for each class set on both sides, empire and republic, you are telling me that isn't worth the money you paid for the game!

Then you have to imagine them release addons upon addons either every month of every couple of months?! Its an absolute STEAL!

Some people are just weird in this world expect so much

Edited by Lonewolf

No these = 61%

1001 user reviews, I think thats a statistically significant sample base ( and yes it is, if you dont think it is go learn something about sampling before posting)

That's one site. Why don't you post the others.

I have never heard of metacritic til now.

Really? 1001.

Under your thought process then {1001 user reviews, I think thats a statistically significant sample base ( and yes it is, if you dont think it is go learn something about sampling before posting)}, Gamespot wins (1078 reviews with an average of 88). Since it is using more than 1001 reviews, is a well known site compared to Metacritic, and gave a higher user rating.

Maybe you need to work on your sleuthing skills over the interwebs before YOU start posting.

Edited by Fraxture

You think this game wasn't ready for release? This game is far far far far far more polished and ready for release than any other MMO the past 6 years. Want to see an MMO that wasn't ready for release? Try Final Fantasy 14, it still isn't ready for release 1 year after the launch.

I can't believe people are so whiny and complain about every single thing, just to have something to complain about. There will NEVER be a MMO good enough for them. You're not gonna get a game much better than this at launch, from any developer, it has never happend and probably won't happen.

Thanks god the forum just represent the 0.5% of the comunity

to much QQ around, its getting bored

go play the game instead of crying in the forum and maybe you will enjoy it

also, lol at quoting metacritics, 1001 users in a 2 millon players game

u ve to be kidding, for real

also lol@wowfanboys

half of metracritics are quoting the word "world of warcraft"

thats funny, couse i dont want to play World of warcraft, my money went to Star Wars The old republic, if u want WoW you can play it

Expecting something different like everything that I was promised all i got a was blatant wow copy with different skin. It's so exactly the same its not even funny, the only difference is that you get those silly mass effect cutscenes that go like this "Welcome overlord of moons oh great Sith Lord, I want you to kill 10 Drones. Bye." 0/10
for example, that kind of trolling in that crit

0/10? 10 drones?

sidequest means something, every *********** game has sidequest ,for example that guys is a fail troll and u have about thousands of those

so LOL critics, just play the damn game, keep playing if you liked, quit playing if you dont, but dont try to convice ppl with false arguments

Edited by BioG

I've been cracking out on this game since early access and I'm loving it. I don't have any complaints except for the few things that Bioware has already stated they're working on (such as poor GTN interface).

Consider the alternative - they could have launched it 3 months later.

I'm sure that given the choice between the small improvements they could have made and a delayed launch date, most of the post-new-thread-"bioware failedz0rz" people would change their tune.

As far as things like DPS meters, dual spec'ing, etc. Those are just features that people are accustomed to in other games. Personally, I don't want any of that crap, but I don't see how not having them at launch is game-breaking for them...

I'd be fine with that.

There is an ENORMOUS amount of work that still needs to be done.

As it stands, the game isn't fit for release imo.

I just need to ask, have you ever tryed other MMO at launch?

This is one on the best launches I have tryed, yes there is bugs there will always be bugs.. (Look at WoW still patching bugs)

For me this has been a good launch with few hickups.

My worst was proberly vanguard.

before the game release alot of reviews gave it bad reviews and the ppl here didnt like them. After playin the game a bit i can tell those reviews were pretty accurate and u see less of the ppl who said this game was "awsome" and more ppl unsubing. this game clearly wasnt ready

This is because the people who like the game are actually playing it and don't have time to post 'this is awesome' in the forum.....

No these = 61%

1001 user reviews, I think thats a statistically significant sample base ( and yes it is, if you dont think it is go learn something about sampling before posting)

Erm, those 'reviews' are worthless because anyone can write a crap review there whether they have played the game or not.

A statistically significant sample base would be taken from players that have 100% played the game. Reading through those you can see it's obvious that many have never even played TOR and are just fanboys of other games looking to bash the competition.

I just need to ask, have you ever tryed other MMO at launch?

This is one on the best launches I have tryed, yes there is bugs there will always be bugs.. (Look at WoW still patching bugs)

For me this has been a good launch with few hickups.

My worst was proberly vanguard.

That and FFXIV for me....

That's one site. Why don't you post the others.

I have never heard of metacritic til now.

Really? 1001.

Under your thought process then {1001 user reviews, I think thats a statistically significant sample base ( and yes it is, if you dont think it is go learn something about sampling before posting)}, Gamespot wins (1078 reviews with an average of 88). Since it is using more than 1001 reviews, is a well known site compared to Metacritic, and gave a higher user rating.

Maybe you need to work on your sleuthing skills over the interwebs before YOU start posting.

not really, gamespot is not independant, its biassed.

meta critic does not do reveiws itself, it has no incentive to make games look good.

I'll always take indendant sites over critics and their forums (which they moderate).

Your ignorance over metacritic is not my problem, neither is your ignorance over the totally biassed joke that is gamespot, its been a laughing stock in the games world for years.

I've seen nothing but positive reviews, other than people complaining on these forums. Not sure those count as "reviews" though. PC Gamer gave this game a 93 I believe. Most places are giving it a 90%+ score.

That's because the majority of major reviews have to give it a positive score or they wont recieve games in advance to review in future.

Reviews from players are far more accurate.

not really, gamespot is not independant, its biassed.

meta critic does not do reveiws itself, it has no incentive to make games look good.

I'll always take indendant sites over critics and their forums (which they moderate).

Your ignorance over metacritic is not my problem, neither is your ignorance over the totally biassed joke that is gamespot, its been a laughing stock in the games world for years.

Metacritic's aggregate is 88%. The user reviews are 100% worthless, as there is no control over them.

And even if we were sure that all 1000 user reviewers had played the game and were giving honest opinions, that is not a statistically significant sample size with over 1 million subscribers. 5% is the generally accepted level of significance, that is 0.1%.

Metacritic's aggregate is 88%. The user reviews are 100% worthless, as there is no control over them.

And even if we were sure that all 1000 user reviewers had played the game and were giving honest opinions, that is not a statistically significant sample size with over 1 million subscribers. 5% is the generally accepted level of significance, that is 0.1%.

Thats the point of big samples, it balances out error.

The problem with critic reveiws is they have a vested interest in keeping publishers happy.