Largest Cartel Market weapons sale of the year is now live! Check it out before August 27! ×

For armor sets to be saved to collections does it have to be on the same character?

Finrok

Been away 3 years and my inventory is totally fubar so this might seem like an odd question but anyway a hypothetical..

Character 1 has belt

Character 2 has boots

Character 3 has all the rest of the armor pieces

They are all bound.

Is it saved to collections?

Edited by Finrok

No, but for some stupid reason my Outlaws set can't be opened and it wants me to buy a whole other set. I've asked heaps of times for them to fix it, but I'm totally ignored. It has to be a bug because my partners opened up just fine.

One thing I have noticed is if you don't have all the pieces equiped in the actual slots and not outfit slots when you are ready to open the collection, it may not register. Also if you haven't logged in with that character for a while it may also not register. Lastly sometimes even when you've done all of that it won't register as being equiped in you collections. If that happens you need to unequipe it and then re-equipe.

I hope that helps if you are having issues in opening a collection when the gear is across multiple toons.

One thing I would like to know if anyone can answer, is, will equipping set pieces on different toons across different servers work the same as if you had them all on the same server?

I might not have been as wordy as you but at least I was correct

I don't understand. I've always thought - been told time and again - even tried it a few times, that to unlock an armor set in collections you need to have all the pieces equipped at the same time on one character. What did I get wrong?

I don't understand. I've always thought - been told time and again - even tried it a few times, that to unlock an armor set in collections you need to have all the pieces equipped at the same time on one character. What did I get wrong?

That is the way it originally worked, but at some point it was allegedly changed. I haven't tested that myself as I am too afraid to gamble on anything Bioware "fixes".

I just tested this with a cheap armor set. It has not been changed, you do need to have the pieces equipped on the same character. The armor will not unlock in collections if you have the pieces on different toons.

Not only do you need to equip all the pieces on a single character, you'll also need to pay the cartel coin unlock price (Depends on rarity: 60 cc for a bronze set up to 400 cc for a gold set) to even use it on any other character other than the one you unlocked it on.

That is the way it originally worked, but at some point it was allegedly changed. I haven't tested that myself as I am too afraid to gamble on anything Bioware "fixes".

I've done it many times.. but there can be some hiccups like I described in my first post.. if you run into difficulties just do those trouble shooting things I suggested and it works

It hasn't changed, they all need to have been equipped on one toon to be unlocked in collections. I know because I have Satele Shan's boots and gloves on my SW but the rest on my JC, it is NOT unlocked in collections.

Follow the guide lines I put in my first post to make sure each particular item shows in the collections. Once you can see the boots and gloves listed in the collection tab, go to your other toon and get those items to show in the collection tab. You should see the boots and gloves already listed. If for some reason your individual gear items aren't showing, follow those steps I posted earlier and try again.

I hope that helps you unlock them. I've done it myself with other sets, so I know it works.

As others have noted, you need to have all the pieces equipped on a single character.

In response to the single poster who claims otherwise, I also just tested this with two different cheap armor sets.

One, I equipped between two characters and it did not unlock, even after I tried all of the "fixes" that poster suggested.

The other armor set I equipped on a single character and it unlocked immediately.

As others have noted, you need to have all the pieces equipped on a single character.

In response to the single poster who claims otherwise, I also just tested this with two different cheap armor sets.

One, I equipped between two characters and it did not unlock, even after I tried all of the "fixes" that poster suggested.

The other armor set I equipped on a single character and it unlocked immediately.

I did the same and got the same results. All pieces need to be on the same character.

Same here I wouldn't chance it. Experiment with a cheap set if you want to know for sure I guess. Anything important, it's better to equip on the same toon and be sure it unlocks. :)

The "at the same time" part. It does need to be all on one character, but you can do it "piecemeal", one piece now (discard), one piece the next day (discard), and then the remaining 427 (or however many it is) pieces of the set three months later.

I just tested this with a cheap armor set. It has not been changed, you do need to have the pieces equipped on the same character. The armor will not unlock in collections if you have the pieces on different toons.

I appreciate you both testing this out to verify. I always thought it was ALL on one character, but I never tested it...I appreciate that you both did.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.