Hood/Mask issue

Allblackmusic

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw a character with a hood and a mask, was a sith warrior, level 46 , tried on his mask and it did not remove my hood, so.....why do certain masks dont remove the hoods and most others do ?

It is sad that we cant wear a hood with our masks, how painfull could it be to just add a toggle for those with clipping issues ?.

I can't really understand why it would be removed unless it somehow really really broke something else. Otherwise, I doubt many people care about a little bit of clipping. Pretty much every single game of the 3d era has had clipping of some kind.

It just kinda happens. Can it be fixed and made look pretty and perfect from all angles all the time? Maybe. Is it usually worth the effort to fix if it is only tiny things? No, not really.

Just saw a character with a hood and a mask, was a sith warrior, level 46 , tried on his mask and it did not remove my hood, so.....why do certain masks dont remove the hoods and most others do ?

It is sad that we cant wear a hood with our masks, how painfull could it be to just add a toggle for those with clipping issues ?.

Can you tell me which mask it is that do not removes hood? Maybe I would get it for my Sith Warrior...

Can you tell me which mask it is that do not removes hood? Maybe I would get it for my Sith Warrior...

I'm guessing it's the Malgus like breather mask. That one doesn't remove the hood, but I like the full masks better which removes the hood unfortunately.

I made a topic about this a few days ago. This definitely gets my support!

As everyone has already mentioned, it looks goofy when there are lots of NPCs that are supposed to wear hoods with masks, but can't due to this bug (is it a bug? was this intended? BW needs to stop keeping us in the dark).

I also wish hoods would work with Twi'leks again, but I can wait a bit longer with that since I understand there were some clipping issues that need to be fixed. As far as I know, there were no problems with masks and so this is probably a bug that accompanied them removing hoods for Twi'leks.

I also support a hood toggle option, but that's probably not very high priority so I can wait a while for that. I'd just keep my hood on most of the time anyhow, so it's not much of a concern for me.

I made a topic about this a few days ago. This definitely gets my support!

As everyone has already mentioned, it looks goofy when there are lots of NPCs that are supposed to wear hoods with masks, but can't due to this bug (is it a bug? was this intended? BW needs to stop keeping us in the dark).

I also wish hoods would work with Twi'leks again, but I can wait a bit longer with that since I understand there were some clipping issues that need to be fixed. As far as I know, there were no problems with masks and so this is probably a bug that accompanied them removing hoods for Twi'leks.

I also support a hood toggle option, but that's probably not very high priority so I can wait a while for that. I'd just keep my hood on most of the time anyhow, so it's not much of a concern for me.

Yeah this should be somehow questioned... And also here on general is very hard to make some topic alive... But this one need some attention...

Where should I sign or vote for bringing back the option to have hood and mask at once? Since on forum is no search I will not find it manually...

It looks really horrible that mask with no hood... I know that some hard worker in Bioware studios was making that mask whole weekend but it does not mean that it should be this way...

I have a nice underwear from Styx but it does not mean that I wear it over my pants... I mean that mask suppose to be layer under hood... If you have no hood than you have visible mask if you have hood than it covers mask... It looks good that way.. It is how it should be... The same like underwear should be under pants even if it looks really good and sexy...

I do not wear masks because I love hood... If there would be option to wear hood over mask than I would wear mask.. And I know more people this way.. And if people refuse to wear mask because of this than mask loose its point anyway...

We all know Revan with mask and hood.. Bioware ***** even him... Isnt it illegal or something?

I would be pleased by some toggle hood up down feature... If you like mask with no hood than ok.. but there are a lot of people who likes hood over mask...

/signed

Keep this thread on top!

I just made a thread about this which got locked and directed me here, it seems somebody of the community team is aware at least.

Also, for the record, if the reason this was removed were clipping errors, this was one weird fix. I mean I get that maybe hoods and masks didnt work correctly with twileks and some other stuff, but now it works for no one? I vote for more customization, make hood up/down a toggle.

I agree with this 100%!

When I planned my classes I wanted my Sith Inquisitor to look like this or this Really mysterious and scary and on top of all b-a-d-a-s-s! (I actually wanted a better one where the were large rings covering the helmet like a cage)

Instead

is what that became. (1:45-2:02) At first I thought the Devs had the hood down on purpose. Its when I tried something similar with my warrior that I realized that hoods and masks could not be worn together.

Also, its seems weird that without the hoods, masks that cover the face become helmets. It looks cool when its just a mask but not when its a head covering helmet.

On the bright side, a lot of threads that have been discussing this have been closed down with the people who made the threads being redirected here. This means that a Dev is at least aware of this. :)

Edited by Rohanshot

I just made a thread about this which got locked and directed me here, it seems somebody of the community team is aware at least.

Also, for the record, if the reason this was removed were clipping errors, this was one weird fix. I mean I get that maybe hoods and masks didnt work correctly with twileks and some other stuff, but now it works for no one? I vote for more customization, make hood up/down a toggle.

Well it is good that devs are aware.. It seems like if thread survive for few days than it brings some attention... :)

I agree with this 100%!

When I planned my classes I wanted my Sith Inquisitor to look like this or this Really mysterious and scary and on top of all b-a-d-a-s-s! (I actually wanted a better one where the were large rings covering the helmet like a cage)

Instead

is what that became. (1:45-2:02) At first I thought the Devs had the hood down on purpose. Its when I tried something similar with my warrior that I realized that hoods and masks could not be worn together.

Also, its seems weird that without the hoods, masks that cover the face become helmets. It looks cool when its just a mask but not when its a head covering helmet.

On the bright side, a lot of threads that have been discussing this have been closed down with the people who made the threads being redirected here. This means that a Dev is at least aware of this. :)

Yeah exactly... the look is horrible... I wanted my Sith Assassin to look hooded with mask too.. Like he is Assassin after all... But without hood just mask (helmet) looks just funny... You just cant take it seriously...

Well I would be pleased at least with some informations for example something like that:

We are aware of this issue but it is not our priority now...

We are working on it. Maybe in next few months. We cant specify...

We decided to remove this feature because...

Just let us now if Revan will put his hood again over his mask....