Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Update on Roadmap

KeithKanneg

Well on the positive side my 2 month SUB card runs out next week.

I came back to check out the new boss, validate how bad CXP Grind is for those with MANY ALT's, see how the state of the game is and hear about this magical roadmap.

I gave them 2 months and here is what I found:

- Chat is even more toxic now than ever before. (Even saw "Suicide report me" crap one night, Cyber Bullies, etc.)

- QUE Pop for Daily SM OP is non-existent (Have to be in a guild or one doing Conquests) - Or stand on fleet.

- Noob players in game = morons - Wipe once (Even at trash) because DPS suck or Tank clueless - Group disbands

- GSF/PVP still very unbalanced with new player/ship - Get butt handed to you pronto - When the que pops

- CXP Grind is terrible unless you have those lovely Cartel boosters

- CM is the only thing different in the game right now

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well on the positive side my 2 month SUB card runs out next week.

I came back to check out the new boss, validate how bad CXP Grind is for those with MANY ALT's, see how the state of the game is and hear about this magical roadmap.

I gave them 2 months and here is what I found:

- Chat is even more toxic now than ever before. (Even saw "Suicide report me" crap one night, Cyber Bullies, etc.)

- QUE Pop for Daily SM OP is non-existent (Have to be in a guild or one doing Conquests) - Or stand on fleet.

- Noob players in game = morons - Wipe once (Even at trash) because DPS suck or Tank clueless - Group disbands

- GSF/PVP still very unbalanced with new player/ship - Get butt handed to you pronto - When the que pops

- CXP Grind is terrible unless you have those lovely Cartel boosters

- CM is the only thing different in the game right now

Came back? You only really took a month off based on your post history ... that's barely even enough time to count as missing a months worth of sub revenue back to BWA.

Try taking a lengthy break if you're going to bother, the game feels much more worthwhile when you do.

Funny how quickly people forget we didn't even get anything close to a roadmap or this level of communication from the previous "leadership" (and I use the word "leadership" very loosely and while I'm at ... I'm so glad he's gone).

Keith - please don't waste too much time reading comments about how long it's taking you, that would just waste more time and isn't overly constructive.

I think focusing on getting it right the first time and getting ready to engage in the inevitable discussion that follows should be priority at the moment.

To be fair we know there are operation bosses coming, 4 within ideally a 7 month timeline if they can keep to the goal of 5 by the end of the year. also not even close to being as bad as what we had after KoTeT ended - almost 4 months with no content if you didn't qualify for the bonus chapter (almost 3 if you did). From there it was 2 months until a few more uprisings and almost 3 months until 5.2 ... coming up on 2 months with no content is nothing unusual really for this game in recent times.

Welcome back, but I have to say, one news Ops boss every few months and some singleplayer content is not new content by any means.

At this point we're not impressed, i mean, we can wait also we appreciate the fluid communication and the goodwill but we're also disappointed i guess we were expecting too much in a very short time maybe?? anyways, we can lay all the waste in comments but thats not going to help, we just have to waint and maybe lowe a little bit out expectations from now on and see. I think that a lot of people still trust in you Keith so... don't let us down please!!

All they need to do is what WOW does. Somehow, all group content is cross server. If you que up for an "ops", PVP, questing, whatever it is, the que's are cross server. I don't know enough about it to know how they do it, but know it means that there are que pops 24/7. No matter what time of day you play, there is always group to get into. You know players in your group are from a different server because their name has a (*) next to it.

24/7 queue pops are ultimately where it needs to go. That's either getting a situation like Wildstar where everything merges onto Entity or it's with a cross-server queue. I shouldn't have to plan daily activities around queue pops (I do move movable parts of my schedule around to hit "prime time"--the key word there is "movable").

so i got a sneak peak of the road map it goes like this:

more cartel packs

more cartel packs

more cartel packs

more cartel packs

more cartel packs

second boss

more cartel packs

more cartel packs

more cartel packs

more cartel packs

third boss

more cartel packs

more cartel packs

season 8 rewards (more titles lol)

fourth and fifth boss

new expansion

Hey all,

There were skeptics among you regarding my ability to deliver the Roadmap in May - I'm sitting here in disbelief having to acknowledge you just might be right!

I realize we have all-day tomorrow, too, but I didn't want to wait until the very last day to provide an update. The Roadmap is nearly there! I'm still making a number of adjustments based on internal reviews and working diligently to get them included and signed off.

My goal now is to get it out this week, so until it's ready to go I'll commit to providing you with a daily update through Friday. To be honest, I definitely underestimated the amount of time this was going to take.

Humbly, Keith

It's been almost a month and a half since the roadmap was mentioned. It really takes that long to put upcoming features together into written form?

I have very high doubts we'll be seeing anything by Friday.

Well that's a shame but I'm more concerned about new content and the fact it may be a good deal away. I'll be honest, but what we've been given in 2017 hasn't been much at all.

I'll patiently wait until the end of the week, but the longer the wait, the higher the need for the roadmap to really wow me. So far the tidbits have been good but I want story content and bug fixes and I'm not going to wait 3 months as a sub for the next new real content. I love swtor, and I'll be back to check out stuff but I can't justify a monthly sub for Galactic Command grind. It's just not fun

Welcome back, but I have to say, one news Ops boss every few months and some singleplayer content is not new content by any means.

It's the literal definition of new content. The question people need to ask themselves is it enough new content for them to stick around? Once the roadmap does drop it should hopefully answer this question in advance.

One thing I've noted in years gone by is the people who seem to get the most annoyed by their perceived lack of new, fresh content are also the ones who have been here the longest and almost never taken a break from the game.

Yet they continue to fill up the forums or reddit with post after post of negative attitude to the effect of said lack of content. Not saying you specifically fit this description but there are those people still here today and it's fairly obvious at least who a couple of them are without naming names.

Honestly Keith, there's nothing wrong with just giving us everything that's finished now, then expanding later with the parts that still need some work.

It won't be that it's not finished it will be that he has to ensure he's not publically putting information out there that could prove to be untrue.

Thus waiting on other areas/departments to check what he has written is correct before he can publish it. Imagine the backlash if it turned out something promised was wrong/false?

I also imagine the departments/people he is left waiting for are the usual suspects when it comes to dragging their feet to get things done. Every business has those types of people and we often wonder how it is they are in the role they are in or how they stay employed and the lo and behold they get a promotion (*Cough* Ben Irving *cough*) ;)

This latest stubbed toe (it's no worse than that) is not really the problem (even though it affirms the principle "always take the 'free out'"). The bigger issue is that we need some serious good news going into the dead population part of the SWTOR year. If the approvals are because big things on the way it is worth it. However, previous experience seems to suggest that it'll reaffirm the event schedule, announce the "one boss every two months" schedule, give no updates on population fixes and not announce anything past Dec (when the last boss drops).

So much fuss and updating over what will only be a few details and a rough date for 5.3 and a little bit about 5.4 with no date.

I'll be laughing when this roadmap finally releases. It'll be short, vague and disappointing. Just you wait.

This guy gets it.

Edited by DarthZaul

If a longer wait for the roadmap means there will not be promises of craftable tunings that never become a reality, or gross overestimation of the time it takes to get a command crate, i'll gladly wait another month for it.

Came back? You only really took a month off based on your post history ... that's barely even enough time to count as missing a months worth of sub revenue back to BWA.

Try taking a lengthy break if you're going to bother, the game feels much more worthwhile when you do.

I was gone for most of the 5.x debacle before this Exciting RNG happened. Only been back like almost 2 months. Can't post unless you are SUB. I see a big ole YEAR gap in my posting history friend. :D

Glad to see you are your normal annoying self. LOL

In regards to the roadmap and the length of time it's taken to produce I'm hoping for:

5 paragraphs of meaningful comments on what's new and interesting coming out.

but at the same time I'm expecting:

Gree returns - week1

Rakghoul returns - week2

Nightlife returns - week3

bounty week is back! -week4

New cartel market packs - week5

New boss comes out - week6

rest of new operation won't be finished until 6.0

new flashpoints for intro to 6.0 - week15

Honestly, if that roadmap ain't saying Priority #1: Class balance patch....

.... then I sure as hell am unsubscribing.

Sadly - I suspect more will drop game if the "Roadmap" is nothing but fluffy stuff and broken promises on the new Ops bosses. I hope I'm wrong - I'd like to see things turn around, but doubt the EA overlords are going to free up the extra CM cash for things like "Bug fixes, Class Balancing or Operations".

LOL.. out come the pitchforks and torches. :rolleyes:

Poor Keith... it was a short honeymoon.

Anticipated result is anticipated.

The second he didn't "take the out", you could see how it was going to end. There were going to be "semantic posts" and then the "it won't be coming in May" rejoinder.

The next inevitable result is the "is that it?" comments that come with an announcement that probably is content detail , doesn't go past Dec. and is not QoL fixes.

At this point, I'm about 90% detached and 10% "how will this affect guilds/queues?".

Chill out people. He gave an ESTIMATED timeframe to release it. Not an exact date. I'd say there was something he didn't account for in his estimate, which resulted in the delay. He has learned from that and won't make that mistake again, or at least try not to.

You cannot honestly tell me that YOU YOURSELF have never made that mistake.

Hey all,

There were skeptics among you regarding my ability to deliver the Roadmap in May - I'm sitting here in disbelief having to acknowledge you just might be right!

I realize we have all-day tomorrow, too, but I didn't want to wait until the very last day to provide an update. The Roadmap is nearly there! I'm still making a number of adjustments based on internal reviews and working diligently to get them included and signed off.

My goal now is to get it out this week, so until it's ready to go I'll commit to providing you with a daily update through Friday. To be honest, I definitely underestimated the amount of time this was going to take.

Humbly, Keith

Hey,

Sign offs do take time, so throw us a few spoilers on what is approved each day till you get the full approval :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.