Update on Roadmap

KeithKanneg

Full Tier 1 gear available from existing Fleet vendors using Command Tokens – this means you can obtain a full bonus gear set for under 800 Command Tokens. You will be able to choose the type of gear you want to purchase (DPS, Tank, or Healer).

You may want to verify this before we actually get to this. You say bonus set gear, which means armor but knowing some people they will assume it means also implants, earpieces, relics, weapons and second hand items.

Just for clarification - It's all Tier 1 gear slots.

Six months into Galactic Command Crates CXP and we finally getting direct purchase of Tier I (230) gear on a future unknown date.

On this undisclosed date - Tier I should at least be rated 234 given that the top gear is rated gold 248.

Edited by jimmorrisson

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, bringing back the Heroic mission NPCs like Travi would be a good first step. Last I checked, the 'Man with the Steel Voice' on Hutta was gone too.

But more, the Heroic mission turn-in conversations need to be added back...if people want to click something to turn them in remotely and skip the conversation, fine, but bring them back as an option for those who enjoy the story.

Agreed!

This! Please make auto-complete an option, rather than absolute for the Heroics. Either have it (1) so that grabbing a mission from the Heroics terminal makes it so that it will auto-complete while picking the mission up from its original source NPC instead allows you to turn it back in with the original cut-scene conversation, or (2) make it so there is a mission item you can click at the end to auto-complete but otherwise allow us to do the original turn-in and cut-scene.

Also, please bring back breadcrumb missions like the ones to direct you to Black Hole or Section X - make them toggle-able "Exploration" missions so they don't clutter the Fleet, but content like that shouldn't be removed outright the way it was.

This would make me quite happy! I feel sorry for all of the newer players that never got to see the full stories in heroics. It makes no sense to wipe-out good story content for the sake of credit grinding when there are good ways to have both as options!

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

I wanted to let you know I’m still on target to deliver the SWTOR Roadmap this month. I will share with you the direction for each SWTOR gameplay area, our plans for improving a variety of in-game experiences, and insight into how we’ll be communicating with you going forward. In the meantime, I’d like to continue providing you with a weekly update.

Last week, I gave you a few of the highlights for the next game update coming in June (5.2.2); here’s another one – You’ll now be able to customize Theron’s outfit!

---Keith

Hey everyone,

I wanted to let you know I’m still on target to deliver the SWTOR Roadmap this month. I will share with you the direction for each SWTOR gameplay area, our plans for improving a variety of in-game experiences, and insight into how we’ll be communicating with you going forward. In the meantime, I’d like to continue providing you with a weekly update.

Last week, I gave you a few of the highlights for the next game update coming in June (5.2.2); here’s another one – You’ll now be able to customize Theron’s outfit!

---Keith

Being able to customize the KotFE companions is something I've really wanted - thanks for starting that off! :D

But... is it really being done piecemeal??? :confused:

Edited by DarthDymond

Hey everyone,

---Keith

Any chance of lana beniko eventually being given the same customiziation option?

---Keith

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :D

... *cough* I mean. Ahem. Yay! My inquisitor is very happy now. That red jacket is adorable, but, um, he's been wearing it since he was a teenager. XD

On another note, thank you for the heads-up. I'm really looking forward to this roadmap!

Hey everyone,

---Keith

Lol, Very nice. Thanks for the heads up. Any way his hair can be added to character creation customization?

Would really like it to work like the regular class companions --- being able to put whatever outfit you like on them [if you're not fond of their default/starter outfit]. I'd like to see that being possible for not just Theron Shan, but also Koth, Nico Okarr, Senya Tirell, Lana Beniko, and Shae Vizla. And still also see appearance customizations for them all [that change their hairstyle, or hair color --- like the class companions have].

In fact, there's still customization option numbers missing for a lot of the class companions yet. And so many possibilities.

Hey everyone,

---Keith

'Ey, nice. Thanks for the update, man. Keep on communicatin', you just might just rinse some of the salt out of this forum ; )

---Keith

I love you, Keith. Just don't tell Musco :p

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :D

... *cough* I mean. Ahem. Yay! My inquisitor is very happy now. That red jacket is adorable, but, um, he's been wearing it since he was a teenager. XD

I actually laughed out loud during the KotFE chapter where you wake up in Satele's ship and you nose around and you can find that holo of teenage!Theron and he's wearing the same damn outfit he always has in the game. I mean, I love the character, but does his closet have nothing else in it? :rolleyes:

I'm hoping being able to customize Theron means we'll be able to customize all the KotFE/KotET companions, either at the same time Theron's change rolls out or soon after.

Hey everyone,

---Keith

Honestly Keith, at this point, who cares about communication for new "new bling" options. We had high expections you were going to fix the major issues in the game, but all you guys seem to be worried about is "bling" items in the hope to distract us.

How about some communication about the gear gap problems in pvp and raising Bolster to fix it.

How about some communication about the lag problems lots of us are having on Harbinger that makes it difficult to impossible to play pvp properly.

How about the lack of population on most servers.

How about all the bugs.

The list could go on...

It's nice to have new things and bling items.. but your priorities are backwards and I think a large portion of the "remaining" players would accept a few weeks delay on new things "if" you guys fixed the problems first. You'd certainly stop people unsubbing.

You said nearly a month ago that you were going to communicate with us about these hard and important issues, but you have not.

How much time do you think we are going to give you before we unsub for good.

I don't know what your metrics tell you, but from a players perspective we can see less and less people not playing. Maybe they are still subbed and waiting for you to get your act together, but I'm sure there those who have unsubbed and won't be back.

You guys need to change your culture of indifference and hiding from the difficult issues. No communication makes things fester and people lose all faith. Once that happens there is no way to get that back.

Keith, even if a subject is difficult, controversial or hard to address, ignoring it and us does not make it go away. Most of us can take a hard truth and prefer it over silence. If there are no solutions or you disagree with us because of your internal metrics or what every you use, have the decency to tell us. The player base can see those 3 main issues I listed above as being major, why can't you?

Any way my sub runs out on the 19th, if I can't play the only part of the game I enjoy because of those issues, it is a waste of my money to keep paying. I ask you, what would you do in my position?

I actually laughed out loud during the KotFE chapter where you wake up in Satele's ship and you nose around and you can find that holo of teenage!Theron and he's wearing the same damn outfit he always has in the game. I mean, I love the character, but does his closet have nothing else in it? :rolleyes:

'Scuse me for being childish (bear with me: I left my childhood behind not too long ago :p), but it's like that one quick gag in one of the Disney Fairies movies. Tinkerbell is trying to find an outfit for a journey, so she goes to her closet and reveals...a dozen leaf dresses exactly like her iconic one. She compares two of them for a moment (they're identical), then throws one back. "That one's not for travelling." :p

You just know somewhere Theron has a closet full of identical jackets. "Hmm...nah, that one's not for spy stuff. Oh, THAT one's good for a romantic evening with my significant other." etc. XD

'Scuse me for being childish (bear with me: I left my childhood behind not too long ago :p), but it's like that one quick gag in one of the Disney Fairies movies. Tinkerbell is trying to find an outfit for a journey, so she goes to her closet and reveals...a dozen leaf dresses exactly like her iconic one. She compares two of them for a moment (they're identical), then throws one back. "That one's not for travelling." :p

You just know somewhere Theron has a closet full of identical jackets. "Hmm...nah, that one's not for spy stuff. Oh, THAT one's good for a romantic evening with my significant other." etc. XD

LOL. I remember that scene. I agree :D haha

Honestly Keith, at this point, who cares about communication for new "new bling" options. We had high expections you were going to fix the major issues in the game, but all you guys seem to be worried about is "bling" items in the hope to distract us.

How about some communication about the gear gap problems in pvp and raising Bolster to fix it.

How about some communication about the lag problems lots of us are having on Harbinger that makes it difficult to impossible to play pvp properly.

How about the lack of population on most servers.

How about all the bugs.

The list could go on...

It's nice to have new things and bling items.. but your priorities are backwards and I think a large portion of the "remaining" players would accept a few weeks delay on new things "if" you guys fixed the problems first. You'd certainly stop people unsubbing.

You said nearly a month ago that you were going to communicate with us about these hard and important issues, but you have not.

How much time do you think we are going to give you before we unsub for good.

I don't know what your metrics tell you, but from a players perspective we can see less and less people not playing. Maybe they are still subbed and waiting for you to get your act together, but I'm sure there those who have unsubbed and won't be back.

You guys need to change your culture of indifference and hiding from the difficult issues. No communication makes things fester and people lose all faith. Once that happens there is no way to get that back.

Keith, even if a subject is difficult, controversial or hard to address, ignoring it and us does not make it go away. Most of us can take a hard truth and prefer it over silence. If there are no solutions or you disagree with us because of your internal metrics or what every you use, have the decency to tell us. The player base can see those 3 main issues I listed above as being major, why can't you?

Any way my sub runs out on the 19th, if I can't play the only part of the game I enjoy because of those issues, it is a waste of my money to keep paying. I ask you, what would you do in my position?

He said that we would get the roadmap by the end of this month. He also stated the reasons it was delayed. It's fine to not be happy about the delay, but he did communicate the delay, the reasons for the delay, and a new timetable so you can't accuse him of not communicating that nor can you demand the roadmap by today when he said the end of the month.

---Keith

I thought thunder from passing rain storms woke me up. Turns out I might have been awaken by the cheers of those who want to change Theron's outfit. :) Thanks for the update, Keith Kanneg.

Edited by Nmyownworld

He said that we would get the roadmap by the end of this month. He also stated the reasons it was delayed. It's fine to not be happy about the delay, but he did communicate the delay, the reasons for the delay, and a new timetable so you can't accuse him of not communicating that nor can you demand the roadmap by today when he said the end of the month.

He also hinted that the hard issues like these might not be in the road map and would be communicated separately.

Regardless the Harbinger server issue isn't linked to the road map at all and should be looked at straight away

Edited by Icykill_

• Dev Post
He also hinted that the hard issues like these might not be in the road map and would be communicated separately.

Regardless the Harbinger server issue isn't linked to the road map at all and should be looked at straight away

On this point you are correct - The Harbinger issues are not linked directly to the Roadmap, but as you know, we've had to address a number of issues with that server over the past couple months. We even had to extend the downtime this past month to resolve database concerns of which we communicated fairly regularly during the outage.

I won't give you platitudes about the issues you've raised, but I also do not want to enter into contentious discussions about upcoming changes, when I haven't told you what we're doing, yet. I fully understand your frustration and hope you'll hang with me long enough to realize how much I do care about our players, our game, and everyone's opinions.

The team will deliver some amazing changes this year and it won't all be bling.

Respectfully, Keith

While I understand you are upset because your focus is on pvp, not everyone's is. I actually am excited that I finally get to change Theron's outfit and some other people are as well.

I understand you are primary a pvp player and therefore you have a right to be upset but for me pvp is on the bottom of my list, probably like bling items are on the bottom of yours.

On this point you are correct - The Harbinger issues are not linked directly to the Roadmap, but as you know, we've had to address a number of issues with that server over the past couple months. We even had to extend the downtime this past month to resolve database concerns of which we communicated fairly regularly during the outage.

I won't give you platitudes about the issues you've raised, but I also do not want to enter into contentious discussions about upcoming changes, when I haven't told you what we're doing, yet. I fully understand your frustration and hope you'll hang with me long enough to realize how much I do care about our players, our game, and everyone's opinions.

Respectfully, Keith

Thanks for the response Keith. And don't be discouraged, most of us are more than happy to give you a chance, as long as you keep up the communication!

Respectfully, Keith

Your responses to us continue to build my respect for you. I like that you flat out state you won't offer us platitudes. I much prefer people be up front and clear rather than trying to 'pretty things up' with frivolous words. You want to wait to tell us about some of the more controversial changes (like class balance) all at once, rather than revealing one change and then having the forums explode because you haven't told us about other balancing choices you've made. I totally understand that.

I'm doing my best to not get impatient for the road map. I do understand things take time; Rome wasn't built in a day, after all. I want to be fair to you; you had a big job dropped in your lap last month. That said, I hope we will see it soon! :D

Edited by AscendingSky

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.