Update on Roadmap

KeithKanneg

Thank the Maker! Finally something to spend command tokens on! I don't do PvP, so they've been piling up faster than I can spend them on CXP boosts. I'm also psyched about the faster speeders, and companion influence through crafting is genius.

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for clarification - It's all Tier 1 gear slots.

Keith, gotta say you are really doing well with communication and serving the community. Keep it up! :)

Any update on fixing NiM loot? You said you would look into it and curious what changes you have in store. Hopefully you get rid of the random blue trash drops.

Also this!!! Put fixed drops for 248 gear on each NiM boss please.

Edited by btmart

I really hope they understand that class balance has to be no 1 priority over events, cartel market changes and other cosmetical issues. the class balance is the base of the game. if it stays as worse as it is now for another zillion months the only remaining class will be merc.

please take all your forces and manpower and work this **** out. theres no reason that many players simply cant play every content in the game because they have the "wrong" class. that sux a lot. even sorcs should have the power to play ranked pvp and nightmare ops and don't have to be carried.

I really hope they understand that class balance has to be no 1 priority over events, cartel market changes and other cosmetical issues. the class balance is the base of the game. if it stays as worse as it is now for another zillion months the only remaining class will be merc.

please take all your forces and manpower and work this **** out. theres no reason that many players simply cant play every content in the game because they have the "wrong" class. that sux a lot. even sorcs should have the power to play ranked pvp and nightmare ops and don't have to be carried.

Sorcs best healers in game, so they do all end game content as healers

Edited by GUN_GAME

and vanguards ? no sorry - that argument isn't valid. you are forced to play a totally different spec to play the games content then.

and vanguards ? no sorry - that argument isn't valid. you are forced to play a totally different spec to play the games content then.

it's people like you why nerfs happen in the first place..not understanding classes or mechanics..

nightmare mode every class can participate..sorc and operatives can heal..juggs..vanguards and sins can tank..maras..snipers can dps..mercs are not the only go to class for nightmare or hard mode ops..people like you that keep saying certain classes can do this or that only..is just make things harder on devs trying to figure out a balance..

FYI..apparently mercs are suppose to be getting a nerf to responsive safeguard a.k.a. reflect

Can't quite believe they are still tinkering with the GC system and rewards after all these months. :rolleyes:

Someone needs to grow a pair and scrap it or leave it.

Keep pandering to dozens of different special snowflakes every few weeks is not benefitting anyone.

Any gear grind, whether easy, medium or tortuous just masks the fact that they can't develop interesting content fast enough to keep people playing. - Say 'Hello' to the Emperor's new BiS clothes....-And please ignore the Bantha in the room.

And where is this fabled Roadmap we were promised?

Edited by Storm-Cutter

it's people like you why nerfs happen in the first place..not understanding classes or mechanics..

nightmare mode every class can participate..sorc and operatives can heal..juggs..vanguards and sins can tank..maras..snipers can dps..mercs are not the only go to class for nightmare or hard mode ops..people like you that keep saying certain classes can do this or that only..is just make things harder on devs trying to figure out a balance..

FYI..apparently mercs are suppose to be getting a nerf to responsive safeguard a.k.a. reflect

its people like you that tell other people that they play bad or don't have a brain and don't understand mechanics.

you don't understand that this isn't about mechanics. its about principle. if you cant dps with a vanguard than you HAVE to tank. that is forcing into a role.

its people like you that tell other people that they play bad or don't have a brain and don't understand mechanics.

you don't understand that this isn't about mechanics. its about principle. if you cant dps with a vanguard than you HAVE to tank. that is forcing into a role.

You can DPS with a vanguard, it just requires better gear than others to meet the checks.

The best vanguards of current patch can almost match up parse-wise with the best DPS of 5.0 (and people cleared NiM in 5.0).

Edited by Eli_Porter

I have a sorceress but she is a dps (lightening spec) and I do end game content as a dps spec, not a healer. I heal on my agent or smuggler and yes it might be difficult but I have been healing on them since launch. You can heal just as well as them if you know your rotation and your class and my guild would rather have me healing on one of them then someone who flips around to the flavor or the month.

You can DPS with a vanguard, it just requires better gear than others to meet the checks.

The best vanguards of current patch can almost match up parse-wise with the best DPS of 5.0 (and people cleared NiM in 5.0).

This and this goes for all classes. You can heal, dps, or tank (depending on the class) but you will need to have good gear and know what you are doing.

I have healed on my smuggler since launch and half the people tell me heal on a sorceress. Yes healing on my smuggler may required me knowing exactly what to do and having the gear to do it but I have done it since launch. I don't play the flavor of the month game. If I need to adjust my gear I do it.

Vanguards are ok, they are not the best but good enough to do most content so far. Sure you can squeeze more dps out of two out of the three Sentinel builds easily, or out of either scoundrel build but its enough. Should it be more even? Well sure, but it is enough. The only class that really hurts for a decent dps build are sages, their dps is really low but in the right hands it can do ok. I wouldn't want 4 sages for a dps team doing a NiM run but....outside of that they should be enough.

Sages are the best PvP healers. Scoundrels actually out heal them in 8 man PvE content by a decent margin.

So, I loved the changes the team made to the intro cinematics in 5.2, I am wondering will/if the rest of the class story cutscenes will be updated in the same way as the intro scenes? Maybe we could get an statement about that (And the hopeful updating of the planetary arrival and departure cutscenes to match the arrival cutscenes introduced in Galactic Strongholds?

I lost track, what is the current ETA on the "Roadmap" these days?

It will land about 5 minutes before people* start bikeshedding the crap out of it is my guess

*me included

Edited by stoopicus

Still no info regarding pvp gear gap. This is extremely sad. PvP is dying because of it. Adjusting Bolster is the easiest solution as it doesn't affect the gearing for pve content and only requires adjusting Bolster from its current lvl to 246-248 Edited by Icykill_

Is the Taspan Ambush bug going to be fixed soon? Also, when will you put Travi Pott (Ord Mantell Heroic mission starter) back in the game?

Yes, bringing back the Heroic mission NPCs like Travi would be a good first step. Last I checked, the 'Man with the Steel Voice' on Hutta was gone too.

But more, the Heroic mission turn-in conversations need to be added back...if people want to click something to turn them in remotely and skip the conversation, fine, but bring them back as an option for those who enjoy the story.

Yes, bringing back the Heroic mission NPCs like Travi would be a good first step. Last I checked, the 'Man with the Steel Voice' on Hutta was gone too.

But more, the Heroic mission turn-in conversations need to be added back...if people want to click something to turn them in remotely and skip the conversation, fine, but bring them back as an option for those who enjoy the story.

Agreed!

This! Please make auto-complete an option, rather than absolute for the Heroics. Either have it (1) so that grabbing a mission from the Heroics terminal makes it so that it will auto-complete while picking the mission up from its original source NPC instead allows you to turn it back in with the original cut-scene conversation, or (2) make it so there is a mission item you can click at the end to auto-complete but otherwise allow us to do the original turn-in and cut-scene.

Also, please bring back breadcrumb missions like the ones to direct you to Black Hole or Section X - make them toggle-able "Exploration" missions so they don't clutter the Fleet, but content like that shouldn't be removed outright the way it was.

Edited by DarthDymond