248 pieces extraction cost too high

goryllobumbum

I really think, and i think that I'm not alone, that paying 50k credits for extracting 248 rated mod/enhacment/barrel/armoring/hilt is way too much. You, devs, really should consider decsreasing it, because paying 150k credits for extrating parts from one armor piece is just too much.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's great. Increase the extraction cost to 1 million credits! That way, we can continue the HOLY GRIND and stay subscribed FOREVER.

''YAY! I finally have the gear that I've always wanted! Can I join operations now and get to the FUN part already?''

- Me when I'm 80.

Member 5 years ago when it cost like 200k per piece. I member.

I was here back then....and yea it was really expensive to pull stuff. We also didnt have adaptive armor back then either.

Its still cheaper and much better now to pull mods and switch stuff around then it was back at launch. Plus, its obvious the higher the gear....the more cost it is to pull it.

@ the OP, stop complaining. Its just the way it supposed to be.

Edited by HiltoftheDragon

I really think, and i think that I'm not alone, that paying 50k credits for extracting 248 rated mod/enhacment/barrel/armoring/hilt is way too much. You, devs, really should consider decsreasing it, because paying 150k credits for extrating parts from one armor piece is just too much.

I agree, thats quite too much. I noticed that bioware are trying to get credits from us lately: cxp boosts are not only cost command tokens but credits also, daily quests on lokath require credits. *** is going on?

The cost does feel a bit high. On the other hand the game needs credit sinks. The inflation has been quite noticeable during recent times. Remembering the sea of tears when they tried to cut rewards from heroics reducing credit influx is not an easy way to go either. There is no simple answer.

I agree, thats quite too much. I noticed that bioware are trying to get credits from us lately: cxp boosts are not only cost command tokens but credits also, daily quests on lokath require credits. *** is going on?

Do you think paying even more for rare items is a good idea?

All of my characters (6) that have done Iokath have over 2 million credits. 150K is, literally, a drop in the bucket.

But maybe you'd be happier if they only charged 1K per extraction, but you only made 10K in credits for doing Iokath :)

In other words - it's all relative. And keep in mind it's all "play money". That's what the credits are for - to pay for stuff in-game. You really can't take it with you. :)

Edited by JediQuaker

In other words - it's all relative. And keep in mind it's all "play money". That's what the credits are for - to pay for stuff in-game. You really can't take it with you. :)

Fair enough. But have you ever considered this:

I think extraction should be FREE. Because: I don't always WANT to spend time on content to make enough credits so I can actually DO what I WANT. I want to spend time on content I LIKE spending time on and HAVE FUN while doing that, and that doesn't always involve making ENOUGH credits.

For example: I'm crafting. I'm having a cup of tea. Just chilling out after a day of hard work. I want to see what this or that augment is going to DO for my build. I don't want to read this online. I want to see it for myself. You know, EXPERIMENT. Because it's FUN. Alright, so I'm extracting FOURTEEN augments and replace them with fourteen other augments. Okay, that didn't quite do what I thought it would do. So I'm going to EXTRACT them and replace them with different ones. And quite possibly AGAIN. How much credits do you think this costs? It's a bit much. I could be a bit cheaper.

Just for the sake of argument!

I think extraction should be FREE. Because: I don't always WANT to spend time on content to make enough credits so I can actually DO what I WANT.

Personally, I don't spend ANY time doing content to make credits. The millions of credits I have on each character (with one exception) are just from playing the normal story. If you are playing through content that results in you getting gear with 248 rating pieces, then that content should have also earned you enough credits to afford to extract them.

It's only if you are trying to earn credits for something special, like a rare item from the GTN, or experimenting with augments, that you need to grind content for credits.

(Btw, that "one exception" mentioned above is my "salesman" who handles selling stuff on the GTN. That character has around 40mil. :) )

Edited by JediQuaker

Well let's see here.... before playing the poverty card or the welfare rights card, first you have to establish what the actual value curve your gear is on within the current release of the game. Why? because repair costs and maintenance expenses (like pulling mods) IS relative to the level and value of the gear.. AND always has been. The studio has actually decreased the relative costs over time too (as others have already noted).

248 is the best of the best right now, and have value well above the best crafted gear in 5.x. 242 crafted items (which are not modable) have a fair market value of 2-3M credits each. That IS their value in todays player economies at the current release level of SWTOR. Costs to maintain or reuse gear has always followed a proportional value equation to the actual value of the item (either literally, or comparatively).

Around patch 5.3 or so, they state they will begin releasing exotic crafting mats required to craft ~246s from RE and recipes for crafters. I would imagine that the fair market value for these will be around 5M credits (or 2M for an individual mod) until the next expac.

So.. 5M credits per item, or 2M per mod, or 50K per mod to remove and reuse a mod from a 248 piece received from a command crate.

Honestly, in today's player economys, 50K is chump change and even if it was not.. 150K to pull and reuse the three mods from an armor piece vs 2M per mod to purchase, or 5M for an entire piece of gear....... sounds about right to me.

If you honestly think cost of pulling mods is too high... then next you will be complaining about the repair costs... which are also proportional to the level and value of the gear as well. ;)

Edited by Andryah

There should be no cost extracting mods.

Especially in this 5.0 Galactic Command Crates era.

There should be no cost to extracting mods etc as long as it is done at a Modification Station.

The first time I used a Mod Station to remove a Mod and there was the exact cost as if I had done it "in the field" I was like "stupidest decision ever" and that hasn't changed.

All The Best

So.. 5M credits per item, or 2M per mod, or 50K per mod to remove and reuse a mod from a 248 piece received from a command crate.

Honestly, in today's player economys, 50K is chump change and even if it was not.. 150K to pull and reuse the three mods from an armor piece vs 2M per mod to purchase, or 5M for an entire piece of gear....... sounds about right to me.

Well it would, you made an argument based entirely on your own assumptions, and not on facts, and then used that argument to support a conclusion you had already come to.

All The Best

• 2 weeks later...

Whoa, they're ridiuclous. Regearing for another spec just cost me 500k+ before I even noticed this is crazy. it has to change. I can't even afford to change spec with this.

Game is literally forcing me to stick to one spec with this.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Whoa, they're ridiuclous. Regearing for another spec just cost me 500k+ before I even noticed this is crazy. it has to change. I can't even afford to change spec with this.

Game is literally forcing me to stick to one spec with this.

You shouldn't be pulling out your mods and enhancements to gear out a different spec. You can either change the armorings if you're switching from Tank to Tank or DPS/H to DPS/H, or augment a second set of gear if you're switching from Tank to DPS/H.

Edited by Eli_Porter