Spoilers.. WHO IS THE BETRAYER? want your opinions.

taxidermis

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit, nvm! Can't discuss this anymore as I received an infraction for talking about it. ;/

I'm sorry D: I hope responding to me didn't get you into trouble :( I'll try to cool it down until the segment actually releases.

not likely, theron is his own person and while Satele may have gone a bit senile in her late 60's being left on Odessen for those years, she still serves the light. this action would be completely the opposite of everything she has served for decades of her life. to suddenly go the polar opposite wouldn't make any sense.

Theron is a spy and he has to bury his emotions and get on with the job, no matter what it is. he knows how to get in tight with some group and then betray them to the republic, he is no stranger to that life. Theron doesn't hate his mother, he is more resentful that she wasn't in his life more and you could see Theron didn't like Malcom at all, it's especially more noticable when Theron is caught in Malcom's long shadow both having to be a father and his authority as surpreme commander.

BioWare does a lot of random junk that doesn't make sense these days.

well if they do turn her bad, then no one is safe from bioware and their bad storyline plots. not even lana.

Lana is the designated waifu like Leliana or Liara. She may have her personality changed but she'll probably always be around. Even if someone slips up and lets players kill her they will magically bring her back to life.

Lana is the designated waifu like Leliana or Liara. She may have her personality changed but she'll probably always be around. Even if someone slips up and lets players kill her they will magically bring her back to life.

Of course, I personally hope this is true...

I'm sorry D: I hope responding to me didn't get you into trouble :( I'll try to cool it down until the segment actually releases.

Nah, it was in another thread, but I talked about the subject all over the place, I guess I was bound to get infracted for it.:p

Oh well it isn't long until release date!!:D

Edited by Eshvara

The betrayer is BioWare -_-

I quite literally LOL'd.

While I'd prefer a different betrayer (the janitor :p or Indo Zal), it might be best if we wait and see how it's handled and where they're going with the storyline. Eventually the Alliance must end story wise or it makes even less sense than it already has since Chapter 8 or so of KOTFE (Randomly chosen chapter btw). Then it becomes a matter of what next? They actually do have storylines even if they're not always followed or are a bit anemic in telling. Then we can come back and complain. That's always fun .. sort of. Aloha.

Edited by Keta

I quite literally LOL'd.

While I'd prefer a different betrayer (the janitor :p or Indo Zal), it might be best if we wait and see how it's handled and where they're going with the storyline. Eventually the Alliance must end story wise or it makes even less sense than it already has since Chapter 8 or so of KOTFE (Randomly chosen chapter btw). Then it becomes a matter of what next? They actually do have storylines even if they're not always followed or are a bit anemic in telling. Then we can come back and complain. That's always fun .. sort of. Aloha.

A couple years ago I would have taken this scenario and gone "well obviously there must be more to this, there's no way they thought THIS was good." And maybe that will still end up being the case but I've been disappointed by BioWare too many times in recent years to be optimistic but hey, if you expect the worst you can't be disappointed.

...if you expect the worst you can't be disappointed.

I live my life by this. People ask me how I can be so negative and I tell them I look at it like this:

If I'm wrong, then AWESOME! Things aren't as bad as I predicted and I win!

If I'm RIGHT, however, then I get to say "I told you so." You know how some people are like, "I hate to say 'I told you so but...'" NOPE! Not me! I LOOOOOVE saying, "I told you so." So I still win.

Once I adopted that outlook, my life has been pretty awesome :D

Edited by AngFour

I'm the local pessimist too, easier to be happy about being incorrect, then disappointed about it.

Also why I don't think any of the theories are correct, just wishful thinking, and believe the stuff that'll be presented is finally every word the truth. Taking it at face value.

Now we know they're watching. Meaning, they know how we feel about it.

Edited by Tadagyt

I would hope they'd take that all into consideration for positive outcomes.

Here's my thought: Because there wasn't the standard "official reminder" and moderation only in the most *obvious* threads, I kind of wonder if they were specifically floating the idea out to see what the reaction would be or if they're just letting the anger peter out before release so we'd all just be numb to it when the time comes. It's a controlled burn because we have to be roundabout or sneaky when talking about ~certain things~ whereas if there was the standard moderation the forums would COMPLETELY BURN when everything got released. As it stands right now, I'm still pissed, but not NEARLY as pissed as I was a few days ago. That's how it goes.

Edited by AngFour

Here's my thought: Because there wasn't the standard "official reminder" and moderation only in the most *obvious* threads, I kind of wonder if they were specifically floating the idea out to see what the reaction would be or if they're just letting the anger peter out before release so we'd all just be numb to it when the time comes. It's a controlled burn because we have to be roundabout or sneaky when talking about ~certain things~ whereas if there was the standard moderation the forums would COMPLETELY BURN when everything got released. As it stands right now, I'm still pissed, but not NEARLY as pissed as I was a few days ago. That's how it goes.

If they were really looking for, say, market research in this regard, and it were only a floated idea or a red herring for something totally opposite this (and not opposite in that other character, but a different direction), it would make me happy. There are some aspects of the game that many of us are very close to, that have emotional attachments, and I hope that they are listening, reading and respecting that when they decide how to write this.

I'm calmer now, but I'm still scared for the characters I care about, both ones mentioned and not.

A couple years ago I would have taken this scenario and gone "well obviously there must be more to this, there's no way they thought THIS was good." And maybe that will still end up being the case but I've been disappointed by BioWare too many times in recent years to be optimistic but hey, if you expect the worst you can't be disappointed.

Oh i quite agree with you. I'm more than willing to wait and see only because we have no choice in the game that matters. What happens after the revelation of the traitor will be interesting on many levels.

Over the next few months I may wind up unsubbing and I have been subscribed to the game from the get-go. I have a very strong attachment to this character--the only romance I find appealing.

I cannot accept Theron becoming a full-blown traitor. A triple agent? Yes. An unwitting pawn at first who eventually comes to his senses? Yes. But not an out-and-out traitor who turns his back on everything and everyone? No.