Skip Walker Missions?

BardMedicine

Is there a way to skip these awful walker missions? They are fine for people who like them, but they are not the core game I am paying for and should be optional like the other (mostly lousy, imo) mini-games that are a part of SWTOR. I don't mind resources being spent on these things (as some people like them, and that is a part of life), but making them mandatory makes me dread having to bring another character through the storyline.

I'm hoping I am missing something and they are skippable.

Not skippable as far as I can tell. It's cute when you try to take that short cut and then a rock slide blocks your way.

Kotfe and kotet will be skippable if you want to get right right to Iokath but it will make default decisions for that character. Doesn't do me much good as I have a dark consular and dark knight left to take through..

I hate the walker missions too. But I am so good at using the walker now I just blast through as fast as I can.

Pls no more walkers....

Also, lets agree that a tank walking on legs is mad stupid anyway.

Edited by Smuglebunny

Is there a way to skip these awful walker missions? They are fine for people who like them, but they are not the core game I am paying for and should be optional like the other (mostly lousy, imo) mini-games that are a part of SWTOR. I don't mind resources being spent on these things (as some people like them, and that is a part of life), but making them mandatory makes me dread having to bring another character through the storyline.

Nope it's not skippable at all and in patch 5.2 next week there will be more walkers. Not sure if it will just be for PvP only part of the update or part of the actual story content as well

I personally don't have problems with the walker moments becasue it's a big part of Star Wars in movies and in games.

And it's a refreshing change to the class abilities (like HK-55 from Shroud of Memory)

Besides you only go though those missions 3 times in the expansions. What's the harm?

Pls no more walkers....

Edited by dxlolman

I found it rather fun.

Just run around and spam Tab and the missiles ability (nr 1), then once a group is aggroed use the whirlpool ability (nr 5), the aoe missiles (nr 4) and spam the stomp move on them (nr 2). The shielded droids can't be harmed unless you Stomp them, which isn't very clear from the start.

Also you can cut many corners by going through mountains even if you can't jump in the walker. I managed to skip half the combat with a little mountaineering.

And you might want to save the green repair circles until you are below 50% health so if you see one, keep going until you are below 50%, then backtrack and heal up to full.

And it's only 1 mission really. The large droid fight on Iokath isn't nearly as hard as with that one as you have a healing ability from the start and your missile ability does an auto-aim aoe missile barrage on anything in your sight if you spam it.

My Sith felt so stuuupid having to ride a walker. He would have made it over that field quicker on his own feet.... and have killed more people.

I personally don't have problems with the walker moments becasue it's a big part of Star Wars in movies and in games.

And it's a refreshing change to the class abilities (like HK-55 from Shroud of Memory)

Besides you only go though those missions 3 times in the expansions. What's the harm?

Three times is two times too many. Then there are alts where it is three times too many. KotET is just one gimmick after another. Anything as boring as walkers should always be an option, not a requirement.

Bioware...

its gonna take the new guy at least 6 months to change anything but...he needs to start lol

Sad to say, but I haven't gotten past the first Walker chapter in KOTET for the same reasons. I can't stand forced, railroaded trash mobs. It's literally the worst content in the game for me. The only reason I finished KOTFE, and the unending skytroopers, is because I could faceroll the forced mobs in my 224 ops gear.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Glad i'm not alone at least. I'd have no (well little, since it would be taking development resources) problem with the missions, just make them optional. I hated Galactic Starfighter, but no big deal. I stayed away from the game for 4-6 months while they focused new content on it, but otherwise, it has no effect on my enjoyment of the game. These are slammed right into the main game.

They remind me of the RTS part of Hellgate: London. Bill Roper never worked on SWTOR did he?

• 8 months later...