What Basic Mistakes Have You Made Recently?

AllisonLightning

I broke my crucial rule today and paid the price survival wise even though I managed to stay up long enough to prevent an outright cap. No matter what smart mouthed or that you need to do something, never, ever take the time to respond to them- I was more embarrassed by that than the fact the person ranting left my squishy self node guarding because I had respawned, they ran off, and was trying to go off at me because I had yet to sort all the gear pieces that had dropped between my sorcerers and sages and make my functional full set piece armour set, settling on my augment spread and ripping mods to do so.

Why I posted this- I absolutely knew better and wanted to drive the point into my brain- do not respond when responding interferes with PvP.

Edited by AllisonLightning

Your OP is a maze of words.

But to answer your question: All the time.

If anyone else doesn't think so, they're wrong.

Everyone makes mistakes and ill decisions. The point is to see them and try to do better every time.

This process is and will never be done for as long as you're human.

Oh I make mistakes all the time. Less often than I use to but they are still there:

Mezing right before someone attacks a target

CCing a jug that leaps (immune)

Breaking badly, getting re-hardstunned and dying

Kolto Waving the cracks on the floor (aka not people)

Accidentally clicking CDs before the match starts LOL

Even players who have been around since day one make mistakes. It happens to everyone. Just try to make less mistakes than the other guy and you can consider yourself a better overall PvPer.

Turreting on healing and lightning/TK sorc/sage.

Cause, you know, back in 2.0 channeled and cast time abilities were a big deal, and you had to do the: cast, move, cast, move, cast, move type of dance.

We've had channel on the move and tons of procced instants for how long now, and I'm still sometimes standing still to avoid interrupting an ability that is no longer interrupted by movement.

I've been working on moving whether I need to or not recently just to break that habit.

Yesterday I had the mouse cord hooked under the my chairs arm rest and it pull the mouse USB out while I was in arena and I couldn't move. I was swearing in chat that the game was F'd then I realised what had happened.

Everyone had a laugh about that.

In my defence I'd been been playing pvp for 18 hours straight and needed another coffee.

I have another from yesterday, I thought I was on my Merc for some reason, and my hot key on my mouse for running with my blaster is one, on my sniper the hot key is take cover. I tried to run and shoot my blaster on my sniper and rolled twice and interrupted my penatrating blasts just when I needed it the most. I know that doesn't make any sense with the rotation or what I was trying to do, that's when I decided I needed to go to bed. 😴

I was defending node in AHG and a marauder came to steal around 1m20s. I called and delayed, and after whitebarring him, i engaged and it was a pretty good fight...tho no help had arrived. So when my dot dropped and his resolve was low enough, I stealthed out of combat and tried to quickly mez the marauder, who had immediately began capping the node. Well like an idiot, I waited till he was nearly done before applying the mez.... and the mezz didn't work. I guess his camouflage was still active...(and it's immunity to controlling effects). So he capped it and I looked dumb.

Lesson: play every class and learn what buff and debuff icons look like as well as wheat they do. Sentinel is the only class I've never really taken the time to learn. So the next day I spent a good bit of time reading up on their skill tree and abilities

I was defending node in AHG and a marauder came to steal around 1m20s. I called and delayed, and after whitebarring him, i engaged and it was a pretty good fight...tho no help had arrived. So when my dot dropped and his resolve was low enough, I stealthed out of combat and tried to quickly mez the marauder, who had immediately began capping the node. Well like an idiot, I waited till he was nearly done before applying the mez.... and the mezz didn't work. I guess his camouflage was still active...(and it's immunity to controlling effects). So he capped it and I looked dumb.

Lesson: play every class and learn what buff and debuff icons look like as well as wheat they do. Sentinel is the only class I've never really taken the time to learn. So the next day I spent a good bit of time reading up on their skill tree and abilities

thats what your team gets for not responding to your call

None of the marauder's resist last more than 6 seconds, so since the node take 6 s to cap, he'd have needed to have JUST applied it when you stealthed. If it was Gravity vortex you'd have been popped out of stealth right away from the DoT component of force crush, so I expect he hit you with obfjuscate just as you stealthed out and you tried to mez him toward the end of it, IF its effectively the marauder's resisting.

My personnal opinion is : Force cloak is sometime iffy and doesnt correctly drop combat, and thus your stealth mez doesnt work instantly. Its important to confirm you did drop combat upon stealthing out in this case where you want to mez.