Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Are you CR-leveling more than 1 class?

Lundorff

I have 1 characters at level CR300 and with about 100 crates banked. This 1 characters is currently in a mixture of 240 and 242, and it has taken so bloody long to reach this point. As such I have zero energy or time to level yet another character to 300, and I suspect this will become a problem post 5.2 when I grow tired of playing this character over and over. We desperately need UCs to be tired to legacy in order to gear ALTs post 5.2.

Does anyone currently have more than 1 character at CR300? If so, how are you not utterly drained?

I have 1 characters at level CR300 and with about 100 crates banked. This 1 characters is currently in a mixture of 240 and 242, and it has taken so bloody long to reach this point. As such I have zero energy or time to level yet another character to 300, and I suspect this will become a problem post 5.2 when I grow tired of playing this character over and over. We desperately need UCs to be tired to legacy in order to gear ALTs post 5.2.

Does anyone currently have more than 1 character at CR300? If so, how are you not utterly drained?

I have one at 120, and one at 60. I play the game on weekends mostly, probably like a lot of people. Just to give everyone an idea of how ridiculous the system is right now. People actually are punished for not living and breathing the game.

Yep. I have 3 I've played enough to even get them into the CR system. A healer is the most-leveled, who is in the low 100s. A tank who is yet to get to tier 2 (around 80 I think). My third, because I'm a glutton, is a new operative that I haven't gotten to level 70 (regular levels) yet - so I guess only actually 2 in CR levels. And I play an hour or two a day, and some on the weekends. I hate this system for gearing. I won't even GET to tier 3 with anyone before they release another level of gearing.

Well, I have my main at 300 but even then he's is not fully geared, what gear I do have goes in legacy stuff tho as I have like 79 toons in total and I don't really play as often as most people.

I do agree the gearing system currently is a bit of a nightmare and look forward to the changes in 5.2, though I can't help thinking it's already done damage to the population a bit..

Edited by Eastiano

I get bored if i play only one toon all the time. I play almost daily three toons: one that just started tier 3, one that is ending tier 2 and one at tier one arround CR 50s. I also have another that i don't usually play exept for crafting at CR 20s.

Al three of my regular have a 6x bonus set (mix 230/236). All required UC, i used the duplicates to skip tier 1 for some, but that process to gear an ALT is a PITA and expensive. Legacy UC is needed. And recovery of UC cost for duplicates could be more usefull. Having my Sin and Jugg holding the shells for the supercomando set does not look convenient.

PS: Maybe is me but moving a bonus set from one toon to another is also kind of bugged. When you put the armoring in the legacy armor everything looks fine. But when you take that armor from the legacy bank with the alt the bonus is no where to be found. You have to remove the armoring and put it back so the bonus magically reapears.

I focus on mainly 1 which is around 225 (still yet to see a t3 set price drop, I think they are fictional). On other faction my top is into t2 somewhere. Cannot play alts because it takes away from CXP time on main.

I think it wont be long and grind fatigue will set in and no-one will do anymore CXP on any character. If I even consider the possibility of working to level up another character I wake up in night terror sweats.

I have 2 toons at Command Rank 300 (sorc and scoundrel). I still don't have full 242s on any toon. Most I have on a toon is like 7 pieces of 242s rest is 240s.

This gear grind is insane. They should have never gotten rid of pvp gear and moved to this endless gear grind system.

1 toon at CR 300 with 242/240 mix. 242 is mostly bought with unassambled components. Mirror class at around 200 sharing the same gear, left side is 242 bought with UC, too.

6 other chars on CR around 100 mostly in 230 and old 208 gear. Some of them have some 242 bought with UC again. Most of them share one or more gear pieces e.g. my main hand lightsaber is used by my Juggernaut, Marauder and Sentinel, my Focus is used by Juggernaut and Sin, my Marauder and Juggernaut share their chest (you only need 6 correct pieces for the setbonus, so actually all your characters could share only one chestpieces if they all have 6 fitting setpieces)

What is the point of banking crates? Especially if you're not in full 242?

Is there some sort of change coming in 5.2 that will magically make your current crates better?

i am really disappointed to not be able to manage more than one toon (i had 20+ lvl 65 before 5.0 including 7 snipers...).

before the change of the bolster i was switching toon "like" before but with the new bolster cap and the 250% boost i totally change and decide to play only one : a powertech, which i am grinding until 300 i hope (and another powertech to level up to 70 and geared with my fist PT loot).

But i am not sure to "endure" this command system ad vitam eternam...

Edited by Thaladan

What is the point of banking crates? Especially if you're not in full 242?

Is there some sort of change coming in 5.2 that will magically make your current crates better?

Once you hit 300 you hang on to the disinti-crates so that once 5.2 comes out the few levels you get from disintigrating will be at tier 4. So its a way just to get a few more tier 4 crates.

Edited by Stellarcrusade

Once you hit 300 you hang on to the disinti-crates so that once 5.2 comes out the few levels you get from disintigrating will be at tier 4. So its a way just to get a few more tier 4 crates.

I appreciate the answer. Thank you.

i just resubbed last week to really check this out and worked my sin up to 130-ish so far. even with the cxp bonus. i'm unimpressed with the gearing. I dont care to play my sorc or sniper atm. I doubt I'll pay attention to 5.2

Broke aint w0ke

Dumb question: Why to bank the crates instead of opening them? As far as I remember they're not bound to legacy, are they?

I appreciate the answer. Thank you.

Also, with 5.2, the closer you are to the end of a tier, the better drops you will get for that tier. As such I am hoping that my tier 3 crates will turn into at least some 242 pieces.

Also, with 5.2, the closer you are to the end of a tier, the better drops you will get for that tier. As such I am hoping that my tier 3 crates will turn into at least some 242 pieces.

The new drop-rate is not going to apply to your old crates, your t3 crates that you got before 5.2 will still have the old drop-rate. At least that's what we have been told so far. The only reason to keep the crates is because the disintegration-cxp will go towards t4 after 5.2 (if you're lvl 300 of course)

1 at 300. Lots of crates in storage.

2 more at around rank 10.

Every one of my other characters is still at 65. - And have been played about an hour between them ( log in craft log out)

I used to have a character for every role on both factions to fill spots for guild runs or pvp with. (about 6 characters were all in top PvP gear) Now thanks to CXP I have only 1 character that could comfortably fill a dps role.... and not much of either guild left.

but hey! on to tier 4 and 5 and 6 and 7....

Edited by Storm-Cutter

The new drop-rate is not going to apply to your old crates, your t3 crates that you got before 5.2 will still have the old drop-rate. At least that's what we have been told so far. The only reason to keep the crates is because the disintegration-cxp will go towards t4 after 5.2 (if you're lvl 300 of course)

Wrong.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9253709&postcount=21

I understand your logic. Although, without having a lot of crates banked, the benefit will be minimal. But I guess minimal is better than none.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.