What mosue do you guys use?

ArticLynx

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they both kind of look cool but I dont know.

Why do you care what they look like? Who's going to see them, apart from you?

Criteria for a gaming mouse:

* Not too heavy or it's hard work to push around.

* Not too light or it's twitchy.

* No sharp edges or pointy bits.

* Wheel.

* Extra buttons that are easy to press when you want and ONLY when you want, and can be mapped to single keypresses for firing abilities.

* Er, that's it.

I use the logitech g600. It's quite chunky and perfect for my grip. Whatever mouse you get, do not map all of the buttons to "twitch" skills, that's silly. The back 6 requires significant thumb and hand movement that will slow you down. WIth the front 6 and the usual keys (Q,E,S,R,F,C,X,V,Z,T,G,2,3,4) you will have more than enough.

One thing people overlook is the type of mouse "user" they are. Take a look at this:

https://www.technobezz.com/files/uploads/2015/09/forums.thesims.com_.png

Now depending on what kind of "user" you are you may find some mice better than others. I bought the razer naga before the g600 but had to return it because it was too small (more suited for claw grip imo). So find out whats comfortable and go from there. You dont "need" an MMO mouse and some of the other options with a few buttons would be more than adequate.

Edited by Marstrike

So personally hate the Logitech G600, and here is why. First, the third finger placement feels unnatural, and is very hard to get use to. It forces you to flatten out your hand, and I would even argue slows down your movement reflexes. Second, the 12 buttons are abysmal. They are very tightly packed and ultimately will cause you to miss click more. Their placement is too centralized on the mouse. Rather than being further forward. This means you have to contort your thumb backwards, and at the same time the 3rd mouse finger is trying to hold your hand flat. Otherwise you have to let go of your grip to make it work, which is not good in a dynamic environment like pvp.

I wanted to love that mouse, but it is just poor poor ergonomic design. I instead went with the Logitech G700s, and I love it! I still have plenty of buttons to macro, and they are all in a much more intuitive spot. And the ergonomic hand feel is fantastic, as it is not as flat as the g600.

Edited by Darkside

I use the logitech g600. It's quite chunky and perfect for my grip. Whatever mouse you get, do not map all of the buttons to "twitch" skills, that's silly. The back 6 requires significant thumb and hand movement that will slow you down. WIth the front 6 and the usual keys (Q,E,S,R,F,C,X,V,Z,T,G,2,3,4) you will have more than enough.

One thing people overlook is the type of mouse "user" they are. Take a look at this:

https://www.technobezz.com/files/uploads/2015/09/forums.thesims.com_.png

Now depending on what kind of "user" you are you may find some mice better than others. I bought the razer naga before the g600 but had to return it because it was too small (more suited for claw grip imo). So find out whats comfortable and go from there. You dont "need" an MMO mouse and some of the other options with a few buttons would be more than adequate.

how do you use your numbers for different things than the mouse? with my mouse, the buttons on the side replicate the numbers, for example, pressing 2 or 3 on my keyboard uses the same ability as pressing 2 or 3 on my mouse.

Edited by jedcjedcjedc

Another G700 user here. Tried the 600 but the keys were just a little bit too many for me. I have big hands as it is, so I can reach quite a few keys with my left hand on the keyboard, plus shift/ctrl with any of those keys/mouse buttons... in the end it gives me more than enough options.

The best thing I can recommend is to test a mouse if you can. If a friend has one you might be interested in, see if you can try it out.

I am thinking of getting a MMO mouse but dont know what one to get, I looked at the Corsair''s RGB Scimitar/Pro, Steelseries Rival 700 they both kind of look cool but I dont know.

i use the scimitar its pretty much a Naga with better quality, and the CUE software far surpasses the Razer and Logitech equivalents.

I use the Razor Naga. I love the convenience of having 12 buttons so I can essentially play one handed and use my free hand for those "oh crap" moments when you need both hands. lol. I've used a Naga for 5 years now and while the first 2 weeks were difficult it was relatively simply to train my hand properly. Muscle memory is amazing when you think about it.

I won't go back to a plain mouse ever again.

Edited by Valaetia

I've really wanted to switch to one of G series mice from Logitech, but I keep trying them in the store and neither one feels comfortable.

So I've stuck with my old Logitech Performance Mouse MX. It has 4 side buttons within a very easy reach of my thumb (3 up top and 1 down) and I can't find anything more comfortable sadly.

Why do you care what they look like? Who's going to see them, apart from you?

Criteria for a gaming mouse:

* Not too heavy or it's hard work to push around.

* Not too light or it's twitchy.

* No sharp edges or pointy bits.

* Wheel.

* Extra buttons that are easy to press when you want and ONLY when you want, and can be mapped to single keypresses for firing abilities.

* Er, that's it.

I'd add 1 more thing to that list. Does the mouse fit your hand well when your holding it? This to me is very imporant because if the mouse doesn't fit your hand, it's not worth buying, no matter if it's an MMO mouse or a 2 button mouse.

Another G700 user here. Tried the 600 but the keys were just a little bit too many for me. I have big hands as it is, so I can reach quite a few keys with my left hand on the keyboard, plus shift/ctrl with any of those keys/mouse buttons... in the end it gives me more than enough options.

The best thing I can recommend is to test a mouse if you can. If a friend has one you might be interested in, see if you can try it out.

I need to add one thing here... I really dislike the Logitech Software that you need to keybind everything. I just upgraded computers about a month ago. Before that, I didn't have any problems dating back 5 years. What I didn't realize is I hadn't ever updated my Logitech software so it actually didn't even recognize my G700 anymore - instead, it used the "on-board" memory from the mouse to remember my keybinds.

Now that I have the software reinstalled properly on my new machine, I have problems periodically where the software will change profiles for unknown reasons or sometimes detect nothing. It seems to be less frequent now that I've changed all of my profiles to be the same (since I don't use the enhanced features on any other programs, or if I do, it's other games where I use the same setup)... but still, I haven't found their software to be very user-friendly.

Does anyone have any mouse recommendations for people with disabilities that effect their hands? Like which products are good for weak hands, joint pain in the fingers, etc. Is there any that's particularly good if you have tremors or shaking? :)

I use an old-school Logitech G5, I love that thing.

-eric

you're supposed to be using the top-notch SWTOR special edition periferals:rolleyes:

Damn, would 1000% get that set today. Shame it was too expensive for me back in the day

Edited by iFruit

Does anyone have any mouse recommendations for people with disabilities that effect their hands? Like which products are good for weak hands, joint pain in the fingers, etc. Is there any that's particularly good if you have tremors or shaking? :)

I would recommend a track ball in combination with a USB-foot pedal. Freind of mine has the same problems you have and says it helps a lot . :)

these are rather expensive though :/

Edited by Braggalo

you're supposed to be using the top-notch SWTOR special edition periferals:rolleyes:

Damn, would 1000% get that set today. Shame it was to expensive for me back in day

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the swtor special editions had a ToS issue? I was under the impression they were pulled because they gave an unfair advantage.

I originally read your thread title as "What musco do you guys use?" and I was momentarily confused. I worked it out.

I use an old-school Logitech G5, I love that thing.

-eric

Hard to beat the G5 for fit and comfort...I've used several in my years of gaming. Great choice for a vintage gamer ;)