Unstable Arbiter’s Lightsaber for Direct Sale

EricMusco

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I got a free one from the DvL event. So personally not going to complain if other want it as a direct sale. The cost? Well as said you are just testing this item and assume if it sells well it's about right. If no one buys it then you know you are asking to much.

I don't have an issue with very rare items on direct sale. Sooner or later there be an item I do want. So hope it works out.

That price is complete lunacy - that's the price of a whole new game for a cosmetic weapon. I mean.. Are you serious? I get it's rare, but seriously? It would be more justified if you sold it as a pack w/ xp boosts or something a la Warframe prime access but ~60 dollars for ONE cosmetic item?? C'mon.

I'd really love to see more items sold directly and much prefer it than RNG packs, but this price point is really, really bad. I love this game a lot, it's easily one of my favorites, but jeez, everything about the cartel market leaves such a bad taste in my mouth, and I know from other games I've played that cash shops can be handled waaay better.

Selling a much wanted item directly is a good thing. I personally find the cost to be a bit too pricey for what I'd be willing to pay (I'm personally not interested in this item anyway), so I'm curious what the end result will be.

I'm happy for those fans who can get this if they want it. :)

That is suspiciously close to the price of the Amazon 5500cc pack plus 2400cc pack. So basically you're selling a virtual light saber for $60.

It appears that Bioware has finally gone the way of the GTN whales, providing over-priced, fashion show items for more than what they are worth.

Simply stunning.

I'd never buy it, but I support BioWare's decision to see how it goes. Charging about a hypercrate and a half for it makes sense, though, really - it probably still ends up being cheaper than gambling on packs to get it for you.

Good luck with this endeavour, BioWare. Let us know if you ever need both hands to count the number of people that buy it, though : )

You're not being forced to spend cash on it. If someone else wants to, more power to them. That happens to be around a year's worth of CC grants for me (Maybe a little less, since I also get some income from referral links); if I had that much on hand right now, I might consider splurging. But I wouldn't rush out and buy the CC for it. Other people might, and more power to them.

It wont affect the market tho. The same people that sold such expensive items are the same people that can afford such items for the prices ingame. I made my ingame cash with CM sales too. Most people are kinda poor with barely enough money. Its even worse considering one of the main income sources got nerfed in 5.0. Selling this item for this insane price only shows how greedy bioware is.

Its one item for 7.600 CC. How many items can you buy for that normally? There are more items than you have space in your inventory in a hypercrate for less CC. Better buy a few hypercrates, sell everything and buy the saber from the GTN AND have spare cash. And btw, the items is cheaper than 60$ on ebay.

Edited by Zasszz

The demand determines the price. If you don't like the price, don't buy that item. Thats the same with the prices at the GTN. ;)

Yep. I will never understand people that just are soooo outraged by the cost of this without any real reason behind it. If you don't want to pay it, then don't buy it. What difference does it make?

Yep. I will never understand people that just are soooo outraged by the cost of this without any real reason behind it. If you don't want to pay it, then don't buy it. What difference does it make?

IF they can't have it, nobody should; I guess.

while i think charging these kinds of prices in games all kinds of idiocy, you can't really point the finger at anyone in particular, most mmos do have these kinds of outrageous sales where they seem to severely inflate the value of objects inside their own heads.

Hopefully, this doesn't mean that you are moving away from the GTN as the primary method of getting specific Cartel Market items. I do buy a pack or Hypercrate from time to time with Cartel Coins, but I always get my items from the GTN.

If someone doesn't have the 50+ million credits to buy the Unstable Lightsaber from the GTN, he should just buy a few Hypercrates and convert them to credits, that would increase the supply on the GTN and there'd be no need to offer direct-sale items.

Someone like me would be more likely to buy more coins to buy an item directly from the Cartel Market as opposed to buying a few hybercrates and hoping they'll sell for enough to buy the item off the GTN.

BAHAHA ANYTHING FOR $$$ EXCEPT FOR CROSS SERVER PVP... OR NEW CONTENT OF ANY SORT FOR THAT MATTER... I'm simply amazed at how many people still play this game so hard.

Cross-server is technically unfeasible. Uprisings are new, KOTET is only a few months old, and they're about to release a new daily area and the first boss of five for a new operation.

Troll a little softer, please.

Thanks for confirmation Eric that even cartel market sales are plummeting along with subs and playerbase.

But i wish you still the best getting the last money out of this game. Afterall if this wont bring a lot money nothing else will anymore.

Edited by Divona

Full disclosure I got one in a single crate purchase (or a variant on the emo saber) and sold it on the GTN. I aint no Emo.

So please don't think this is crying foul. But this does seem like a last ditch cash grab before the game is put out of its misery or official going into maintenance mode. I get that the development team have driven subscribers away at an alarming rate, I get that the mess of plot holes that was keeping up with the Valkorians didn't work out and you need to keep the lights on.

It seems though that rather than make the game fun and engaging, you are going to try a milk some money out of your customers (they are only emo's so no harm really). Now 60 bucks for a saber with a cross guard is a pretty good moron tax and I am all for stupidity being taxed, but at what point do you take that money and invest it into making the game enjoyable, classes balanced, the engine capable and a story where the player is at the center?

At first glance it seems very expensive but I understand that it's targeted at those who can afford it. Looking at the CM prices for hypercrates it's only slightly more expensive than a 10% discounted hypercrate so I think that's reasonable for a direct sell item of it's popularity.

Cross-server is technically unfeasible. Uprisings are new, KOTET is only a few months old, and they're about to release a new daily area and the first boss of five for a new operation.

Troll a little softer, please.

we've all been playing this game for how long now? i dont often pve but i havent had an urge too at ALL with no new raid content... uprisings seem like at most short flashpoint. As a player who mostly pvps i can tell that 5.0 in its entirety has been completely about making players sub in order to gear up to do THE SAME CONTENT THEYVE DONE FOR THE LAST 2+ years... how about give us some new content and make that saber a super rare drop. and don't give me this unfeasible crap. Anything is possible with enough money. Admittedly i feel its too late in the games life to add cross server anything in. too many players GOOD players are already gone for good. PvP lives have never mattered in this game. Ive been forced to play on Harbinger at this point in order to not run into the same 10 or so people that pvp on each server, and harb feels like it has only about twice that of other servers... Not only that but the amount of toxicity in such a small crowd is disgusting.

I have been all for the gear grind however. i do feel the urge to attempt to commit to one character again has been nice... EXCEPT IVE BEEN ENCOURAGED TO PLAY SO MANY ALTS PRE 5.0 IDK WHAT DO DO. mind = blown /endrant keep feeding them your hard earned $ for a digital lightsaber though

I'm not 'outraged' but I do find them a bit too steep. To me, this is a single virtual item in an environment that provides entertainment and fun. Where cosmetics, items, flair etc. attribute to a player's enjoyment and immersion. Charging around $60 for such a singular item, regardless of its intended rarity, is pushing it too far in my opinion—it's supposed to still be fun and enjoyable but for those who enjoy fancy shinies but cannot afford to just duke out 60 bucks, I can't see this as being fun. Here's the item they may have been trying to obtain since it first appeared, it's dangling right there in front of them, they've never had the credits in-game to afford it but now they can buy it for CC except, no they still can't because the real world funds required are too high. It just adds a bit of insult to injury imho.

Of course if someone wants to pay that sort of money for it, they're free to do so and it's nice they have the opportunity now but personally I feel the price should be lowered just a tad. 5500CC/$40 would be more reasonable in my eyes and no, I do not believe the platinum status excuses the high cost. The price should be balanced between the items rarity and desirability, as well as the fact that it's just one single virtual item. The cost shouldn't be equal or higher to most DLC's of the past or of other games. If I recall correctly, most other direct sale items usually range around 2500 CC? So make a platinum item double that but don't reach too high.

That's just my opinion on the subject and before anyone thinks to assume I'm 'complaining' and cannot afford it; I could if I so wanted but as stated previously I already own the Peacemaker's one that I enjoy more and the double bladed Arbiter's so I'm good but that doesn't change the fact I feel this price is too high.