The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Updated Unassembled Component Rates - 5.1.2

EricMusco

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you not adding Unassembled Components reward to GSF Daily and GSF Weekly?

GSF is a mini-game which supports the main game. It's seen a great resurgence of late as people have seen it as an alternative method to work toward gearing their toons. It really breaks up the grind and offers a refreshing change of pace.

Please don't start ignoring it again! Make the values half of what the WZ's daily/weeklies are - but toss GSF players a bone!

Indeed with GSF win giving 8 components we have seen an increase in GSF pops please also include the daily/weekly components for GSF!!

I get so much components per week that i have been buying 2x 242 pieces for one toon (im playing two toons now cause of this stupid system). Those toons are not even tier 3 so im actually gearing them upfront. I have enough components to buy a 230 upgrade to 236 and 242!! 2 per week.

Not to mention i am a very casual player, i just like to be very efficient when i do play.

Of course you are, I mean, who would doubt something said on the interweb right?

Here are a few realities - Tier 1 costs 1190 components - that's 238 WINS or 595 losses - Tier 2 costs 1940 components, 388 WINS or 970 losses - and Tier 3 is 2915 components, which is only 583 wins or 1458 losses...which sounds very casual friendly and obviously something you can get 2 pieces of per week like you claim right? :rolleyes:

Thankfully you're not getting Arenas because those numbers would double...;)

Edited by TUXs

I get so much components per week that i have been buying 2x 242 pieces for one toon (im playing two toons now cause of this stupid system). Those toons are not even tier 3 so im actually gearing them upfront. I have enough components to buy a 230 upgrade to 236 and 242!! 2 per week.

Not to mention i am a very casual player, i just like to be very efficient when i do play.

If you're going to lie, at least do the math before you lie.

2x 242 pieces upgraded via components from 230, like you mentioned, would be 750 components total needed to upgrade (2x150 to T2 then 2x225 to T3). At the current rate, that's 150 warzone wins. Per week. Assuming you won them all. For your "efficient casual play."

Cool story, bro.

with the new changes to the daily and weekly quests getting unassembled components. Why did you not put the GSF daily and weekly getting the components as well? I understand you didn't want to change GSF itself as you responded in the past, however the daily/weekly for GSF should also get components.

• Warzone Daily: 12

Both dailys?

That would mean ~350 components per week, by doing all warzone-dailys + weekly. So 1-2 pieces from 236 to 242 per week by doing 3-6 matches per day.

Edited by Exocor

Eric.

The best change you could make would be this.

Convert unassembled components to command tokens, and remove unassembled components.

Then have it so command tokens are used to buy gear pieces with.

With this, you have a legacy currency that people can use to help gear their alts. And then command tokens are not useless over a certain amout (like they are now).

Hey folks,

As I mentioned in the GC roadmap thread, 5.1.2 at the end of February will bring a lot of changes to Missions and Unassembled Components. For this post I want to focus on Unassembled Components and the specific changes that you can expect. Below you will find the new values along with what their old values were.

• Warzone Win: 8 (up from 5)
  • Warzone Loss: 3 (up from 2)
  • Arena Win: 4 (up from 3)
  • Arena Loss: 2 (up from 1)
  • Solo Ranked Win: 8 (up from 5)
  • Solo Ranked Loss: 3 (up from 2)
  • Group Ranked Win: 10 (up from 8)
  • Group Ranked Loss: 4 (up from 3)
  • GSF Win: 8 (stays the same)
  • GSF Loss: 3 (stays the same)

Currently in the game, PvP Missions do not award any Unassembled Components. In 5.1.2 we will be adding them onto all of the Mission rewards. Here are their values:

• Warzone Daily: 12
  • Warzone Weekly: 40
  • Solo Ranked Daily: 16
  • Solo Ranked Weekly: 30
  • Group Ranked Solo: 20
  • Group Ranked Weekly: 60

These are the adjusted Component rates coming in 5.1.2 on Feb 28. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Give gsf some love as well.

Atleast smth, not 0 for daily/weekly...

I was about to make a long post to vent my frustration, but as always its completely pointless. You guys will do exactly what you want and the community be darned. I should not be spending money of this anymore, I really shouldn't :(

This is where I am at too. I was going to play tonight and I had been really looking forward to 5.1.2 as it was really a chance to meaningfully fix this. Now I'm just feeling kind of meh about even logging in.