Is 5.1.2 still coming Tuesday 2/28

Screaming_Ziva

Things have been very quiet:

Hey folks,

As I mentioned earlier this week, we have quite a few changes planned for gearing over the next few Updates. Let’s go over what they are, when they are happening, and why!

Game Update 5.1.2 – Coming February 28th

• We will be rebalancing the CXP rewards you earn from Operations. Boss kills will now award more CXP than they did previously. The Operations Weekly has had its CXP reward greatly increased.
    • Operations CXP rewards are below where we would like them to be and so we are increasing their CXP value from both gameplay and Missions.

[*]Group Finder Daily CXP Rewards are being added. Completing the Daily Group Finder Bonus will award you with a bonus CXP Pack.

• We wanted to ensure there were great CXP incentives to participating in Group Finder. By making it a CXP Pack it has the added bonus of being Bind on Legacy so you can use it on whatever character you would like.

[*]The completion Mission for Flashpoints have had their CXP values greatly increased.

• Flashpoint CXP rewards are also below where we would like them be to and so we have added a much larger CXP bonus for completing their respective Missions.

[*]The Flashpoint and Uprising Weekly Missions have had their CXP rewards increased.

• Our goal is to really encourage players to play multiple types of content for the best rewards. We want to encourage playing a diverse set of content, not a singular activity (although you can always still do that if you prefer)

[*]The PvP Daily and Weekly Missions now reward a batch of Unassembled Components.

• This is one of the changes we are making to help players in getting Unassembled Components faster. It also incentivizes dabbling into PvP often.

[*]We have increased the Unassembled Components that are awarded to players after completing Ranked and Unranked Warzones.

• Not only did we want to reward playing Warzones through Missions, but we also wanted to ensure that those of you who play primarily Warzones each day could work towards purchasing gear quicker.

Any update on this and the RNG of CG packs?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they mention increasing CXP for the chapters? It is so low I have not even bothered to finish on my 70s that made 70 without doing the story.

I think I understand what you are saying. Correct, I have not bothered to go through all of the chapters (in fact, I still haven't finished KotFE on any character) because I view it as a waste of time since all of the cut-scenes eat up a lot of time for, effectively, no CXP reward. Spending the time to watch the scenes amounts to a reduction in CXP / time.

I made 25 levels last night (144-169) on my Mara in a little over two hours farming Chapter 1 master, using a 2-hour boost, furiously spacebarring through everything. The epic RNG grind has forced me into a mode where I can't play the game normally to get optimal rewards. Running warzones, I could have made maybe 5 - 6 levels in that time. So, yeah I'd be cool with them increasing CXP rewards for chapters. Let me get to 300 faster, I'm cool with that. But that would only serve to further entrench people into a chapter farming game mode. I'm trying to get to 300 on at least one character before BW decides to come in and tell us we are playing the game wrong (read: progressing too quickly) and nerfs chapter farming.

If I didn't care for pvp at all, I don't think I would be farming. I run Merc heals on a HM op team. My Merc healer gear is plenty good enough for HM, and I'm slowly progressing in that regard. I mean, the low (and random) drop rates form op bosses is annoying, but it's not a huge deal. It's my Mara for PvP that makes me want to farm. I can see noticeable improvements in warzones as my Mara gets better gear, motivating me to get better gear. Bring back expertise and cheap PvP gear and I would immediately stop farming chapters and go back to playing warzones.

----

Anyway, I really want to know exact numbers for the increase to Unassembled Component rewards from completing warzones. They always seem to come out with those at the last minute, usually we have to log in to find out. If they do a small increase, I'll be pretty darn miffed. I understand the bind that they placed themselves in. Increase Unassembled Component rewards too much and you will obsolete Galactic Command and operations gearing methods. Increase UC rewards too little and more people will leave. Just bring back PvP gear, then you can crank up UC rewards really high, make PvPers happy, and avoid irking raiders. I think maybe they are a little too proud of themselves for eliminating the need for multiple gear sets, when in reality we still need multiple gear sets for optimal warzone / raiding performance. :rolleyes: If they were to, ya know, play their own darn game, this would have been painfully obvious and they never would have gotten rid of pvp gear and tried to "fix" a pvp gearing system that absolutely was not broken.

Edited by teclado

Did they mention increasing CXP for the chapters? It is so low I have not even bothered to finish on my 70s that made 70 without doing the story.

They are right though, run a master chapter even if it takes you 15 minutes you will net over 4K cxp, sometimes as much as 4500. Find a chapter you can do and go to it. You need to be stealth to do it either that just speeds them along.

You win "Elitist Post of the Day" :D

What he said was true though...Master mode is the absolute most efficient way right now. If Master mode is too difficult for you (no shame in that, I struggle with Master myself), even doing it on the SM setting is like 1400 CXP in 6-7 minutes...+ the cost of a new spacebar key :p

• Dev Post
No news probably means it's coming along. If there were to be a delay, we'd likely hear about it soon. "No news is good news."

This^. I can confirm that we are still on track for next week. I am working on getting expanded details out this week, such as the buffed Component rates.

Thanks!

-eric

I am working on getting expanded details out this week, such as the buffed Component rates.

<3 <3 Thank you, Eric! That's what I want to know!

Oh and P.S. if we could get legacy Unassembled Components somehow slipped into 5.1.2, I would love you even more. <3 :p Or even just some mechanism of transferring to alts, akin to the legacy warzone comm boxes that we used to have.

EDIT: Thanks for catching my typo, Eli_Porter. :)

Edited by teclado

<3 <3 Thank you, Eric! That's what I want to know!

Oh and P.S. if we could get legacy Unassembled Components somehow slipped into 5.1.2, I would love you even more. <3 :p Or even just some mechanism of transferring to alts, akin to the legacy warzone comm boxes that we used to have.

FTFY

If they do that, then alts would be at a very good spot. Doing PvP weeklies for components on your T1/T2 alts instead of your T3 main will actually be a worthwhile endeavor.

Edited by Eli_Porter

Please make all Ops bosses guaranteed 100% specific drops asap.

Please no, SM last boss 100% with a chance of a drop off other bosses, Veteran random per boss with the last boss dropping the 100%, Master 100% per boss so the hardest difficulty gets the rewards as it should be more pain the better the gain i say.

Btw thought you were playing FFXIV full time now lol

Please no, SM last boss 100% with a chance of a drop off other bosses, Veteran random per boss with the last boss dropping the 100%, Master 100% per boss so the hardest difficulty gets the rewards as it should be more pain the better the gain i say.

Btw thought you were playing FFXIV full time now lol

I log into raid only at this dead games point.

SM: 230

HM: (Sans EV/KP): 236

NiM: 242

Casualsplain somewhere else.

This^. I can confirm that we are still on track for next week. I am working on getting expanded details out this week, such as the buffed Component rates.

Thanks!

-eric

Thank you Eric, but I really do wish you people were actually listening instead of picking and choosing what you want to hear. Our guild will continue to boycott this game (leaving only a skeleton crew of security key subs to keep our assets intact in case of a miracle) until Galactic Command either gets relegated exclusively to solo play and replaced with what we had before 4.0 NGE'd our SWTOR MMO, or gets removed from the game entirely and replaced with what we had before 4.0 NGE'd our SWTOR MMO.

I understand that players who have been diligently trying to level through Command Ranks for the last 2 months are worried they stand to lose quite a bit if this were to happen. Except that they wouldn't because you can convert their CR, CXP and components into equivalent tier gear, set piece tokens and comms. Just know that any losses they might incur in the transition would pale in comparison to the 4 years of work we (your original veteran player base) lost when Fallen Empire flipped us the bird.

With 4.0 your decision makers broke what did not need fixing, and 5.0 scattered the remains ... I'm sure intentionally. As a result this game has become a shell of what it once was. We'll return when our SWTOR does.

Edited by GalacticKegger

Thank you Eric, but I really do wish you people were actually listening instead of picking and choosing what you want to hear. Our guild will continue to boycott this game (leaving only a skeleton crew of security key subs to keep our assets intact in case of a miracle) until Galactic Command either gets relegated exclusively to solo play and replaced with what we had before 4.0 NGE'd our SWTOR MMO, or gets removed from the game entirely and replaced with what we had before 4.0 NGE'd our SWTOR MMO.

I understand that players who have been diligently trying to level through Command Ranks for the last 2 months are worried they stand to lose quite a bit if this were to happen. Except that they wouldn't because you can convert their CR, CXP and components into equivalent tier gear, set piece tokens and comms. Just know that any losses they might incur in the transition would pale in comparison to the 4 years of work we (your original veteran player base) lost when Fallen Empire flipped us the bird.

With 4.0 your decision makers broke what did not need fixing, and 5.0 scattered the remains ... I'm sure intentionally. As a result this game has become a shell of what it once was. We'll return when our SWTOR does.

All indications are they are doubling down on this too. I barely log in anymore, and think it's safe to say the end is in sight for me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.