The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

They need to announce news faster than E3, bc this game is dying

IstariZen

I play this game every day. I love it. I think the GC can be amazing, but instead it just makes most feel very unlucky. I dont know what they were thinking, this is a game and it should be fun.

Regardless, the GTN was one of my favorite parts and it does not work with a shrinking population.

Either announce the next xpac soon or a total rework of the GC. I get that NiM is near impossible and T3 should be tough but I see people going all 100 levels with minimal upgrades. RNG can be exciting, when it feels rewarding. This is not very rewarding. Im opening 50 crates with nothing... why?

Clean it up quick bc we dont want the game to die. I want a vibrant and populated game. I really love the game, but endgame has to be fun and what you guys put in place, is not very fun. Its insanely brutal RNG and the cartel market seems to have the same brutal RNG. Fix the equation a bit. You need to make sure that even the most unlucky player in the world, feels lucky sometimes. There cant be a situation where a player gets punished for playing your game, that makes zero sense.

Edited by IstariZen

Elara and Quinn will be back with story stuff. This has me beyond excited. So change your reply to say nothing good for YOU.

Oh yeah companions and short story chapters. This doing so well that servers are flooded with new subscribers... not. Its opposite but i'm glad you enjoy that content.

Regardless, the GTN was one of my favorite parts and it is dying fast.

So all of the screw ups you guys did is catching up, clean it up quick bc we dont want the game to die.

The GTN selection of things other than cartel pack widgets is pretty sparse on most servers these days.

it's hard not to be pessimistic about the game now. Aside from cool story chapters, 5.0 has been an unmitigated disaster from public relations, gearing changes, balance issues, and a plethora of other things.

Most of the damage this game suffers from has been self-inflicted by BW, and it's unfortunate.

it's hard not to be pessimistic about the game now.

No MMO is perfect. They all have flaws, and those flaws ebb and flow over the life of an MMO.

So, being pessimistic serves no real purpose for a player unless they are simply trying to get up the courage to take a break.

Seriously.. MMOs are a game, to be played for fun. Play it hard enough and long enough and you will burn out on it, or any other game. Being hyper critical of what a studio does with an MMO is folly with no good outcome. Take your foot off the pedal a bit or even step away if you are frustrated. Better yet, actually take time to see if what is frustrating you actually requires your intense attention, or can be largely ignored.

I encourage people to actually stop and ask themselves what exactly is gained by letting a game have so much power over their mental and emotional well being... either positive or negative... that they get so worked up about it.

We live in the era of many good MMOs operating on a flexible access model (rather then forced subscriptions), so I encourage players to diversify their play across multiple MMOs. It inoculates the player from any serious mistakes by the studio in any given MMO, and it allows a player to play each for what it is strongest in providing (be it story, or PvP, or raids, or crafting, etc.) Binary reliance on any given game to be either the best thing since sliced bread, or a giant stinky lump of crap is simply not taking care of your personal interests and wants in gaming.

Edited by Andryah

Awww, c'mon. I only just got the game installed again after the last time someone said it was dying, and now I have to uninstall it again. This better not be ruining my hard drive.

Definitely come back and play. I want people to. I am not going to unsub, its just that they seem to have really shot themselves in the foot here and I didnt believe it at first, but I am seeing now. I want them to stop bleeding subs. A huge announcement will fix it, I guess the new movies will help. Just letting us know that they still have big plans for this game, would help. The new OP and planet will definitely help. GC though is not rewarding enough and it definitely encourages burnout. It seems like it was designed to make everything worth playing, but its simply lacks too much. The game is covered in bad rng. They are making it less fun by making everyone constantly feel unlucky. RNG is great if you actually get a reward once in a while. Atleast with the cartel market you can mitigate some of it with the GTN, but even that is feeling lackluster as less and less people are playing. Again, that will hopefully be fixed with the new OP and the new movie.

I really hope they announce something amazing soon though. Like a new planet with a massive open world map and open world housing neighborhoods, new raid, new wz. Just a proper expansion. Go ahead and charge 50 for it, it will sell if its awesome.

There is soo much right about this game and just a few bad things, its too bad that they made the bad things so integral to the end game experience.

Edited by IstariZen

LOL I have to stop you right there, because you're dead wrong. This system benefits absolutely no one. I'm almost to T2 on my main and I only have 2 purple 230s...

My main got 4 set bonus purple 230s by GC level 20 plus purple ear, 2 x implant, 2 x relic. And no, I don't make this up.

(My main imp alt is not that lucky though,)

I do enjoy GC quite much since the boost.

Oh yeah companions and short story chapters. This doing so well that servers are flooded with new subscribers... not. Its opposite but i'm glad you enjoy that content.

Many people are still playing the game. BW are trying to give us new content that we want. I think they have a small team but they're working hard on it now. There's no need to complain like an ungrateful child because we aren't getting 10 ops every 3 months, 10 new pvp etc etc. Either appreciate the new content they give us and provide critical feedback on what doesn't work or unsub. If there's a game that does it all better for you then go play it. All games though go through rough patches where things don't work right. Hubby's game had to fly people out to a private studio to help them set it right.

I'm not saying I stay subbed all the time. I don't. I move on when I need or want to. They're trying to give us an op. Yes it's one boss every couple months. It's better than waiting to December. This is what they can do. They've even have people on pts testing the boss now. If it's not enough then you know how to quit I'm sure.

If you aren't happy with rng then you're definitely in the majority. I'm hoping they make changes to that as rng sucks. But I'm subbed for the content coming up.

Many people are still playing the game. BW are trying to give us new content that we want. I think they have a small team but they're working hard on it now. There's no need to complain like an ungrateful child because we aren't getting 10 ops every 3 months, 10 new pvp etc etc. Either appreciate the new content they give us and provide critical feedback on what doesn't work or unsub. If there's a game that does it all better for you then go play it. All games though go through rough patches where things don't work right. Hubby's game had to fly people out to a private studio to help them set it right.

I'm not saying I stay subbed all the time. I don't. I move on when I need or want to. They're trying to give us an op. Yes it's one boss every couple months. It's better than waiting to December. This is what they can do. They've even have people on pts testing the boss now. If it's not enough then you know how to quit I'm sure.

If you aren't happy with rng then you're definitely in the majority. I'm hoping they make changes to that as rng sucks. But I'm subbed for the content coming up.

People aren't complaining we're not getting 10 new ops every 3 months, and you know better than that. People are complaining that we haven't received any ops content in over two years (almost two and a half by the time the first ops boss drops likely in April). Yes, they say they're going to be giving us a piecemeal operation now, but for some people, it's not enough. They made a promise to their customers they wouldn't go more than a year without new ops content again, then they went over two.

Also, EAWare has been going through this 'rough patch' for two straight expansions now--if you can really call them expansions, they're really more like two halves of a single player RPG storyline. And now they've doubled down on making this 'rough patch' worse with GC.

Edited by AscendingSky

Actually theyve announced what 5 bosses? First coming in late March early april along with the return of 2 companions, more story content, a new planet so to speak for new dailies.

Technically not a new planet

2 of the dullest companions ever

1 boss lmao (which will be SUPER buggy ,calling it now. Also it is a first boss which are traditionally easy.)

More dailies, because we didn't have enough of those already am I right?

People aren't complaining we're not getting 10 new ops every 3 months, and you know better than that. People are complaining that we haven't received any ops content in over two years (almost two and a half by the time the first ops boss drops likely in April). Yes, they say they're going to be giving us a piecemeal operation now, but for some people, it's not enough. They made a promise to their customers they wouldn't go more than a year without new ops content again, then they went over two.

Also, EAWare has been going through this 'rough patch' for two straight expansions now--if you can really call them expansions, they're really more like two halves of a single player RPG storyline. And now they've doubled down on making this 'rough patch' worse with GC.

Yeah I'm not touching gc as that wasn't stated in the post I was replying too. This was about new content.

So here's the thing. We now know some of the group content planned for this year. Either you're satisfied or you're not. Either you love it and want more or its not enough to keep you subbed. No judgement here it's all personal taste. But to stay and complain it's not enough? Yeah ok. I suppose there are so of us who are all thank you for the op content, we'd love more please. And then there are some who can only say...seriously? That's all we're getting...?! It's not enough but I'll stay subbed to make a post every day telling the devs how theyre failing. (Gc aside. That's a train wreck right now)

Ok so they made a promise that for whatever reason they had to break and they went for 2 yrs without an op. Now they're trying. We all make mistakes and break promises. It happens. They're taking a step back into that direction because of feedback. Sure it's taken them awhile and sure they may be giving less than what people want but I bet it's really hard to please everyone and stay within the budget.

We know the new content. Either it's enough to keep nterest or not. Bringing up the 2 yrs without an op serves no purpose. It's like me bringing up some broken promise to my husband over something 2 yrs ago that he's working to fix now. It's not really helpful.

As for rng, I'm one of the not happy customers and until they give us some changes, I'll continue to be unhappy about it.

Edited by americanaussie

Technically not a new planet

2 of the dullest companions ever

1 boss lmao (which will be SUPER buggy ,calling it now. Also it is a first boss which are traditionally easy.)

More dailies, because we didn't have enough of those already am I right?

I dunno on the super buggy since they have people already tackling him on the pts.

I love Elara and Quinn :p just ran my sw through kotet for Quinn :D and it's why I'm still subbed. If they'd said 10 ops and 10 WZ but no story until Dec then I'd unsub until nov. We all like different things.

And the new planet so to speak is Iokath. We've been there but we can't go there on our own yet.

We know the new content. Either it's enough to keep nterest or not. Bringing up the 2 yrs without an op serves no purpose. It's like me bringing up some broken promise to my husband over something 2 yrs ago that he's working to fix now. It's not really helpful.

As far as that goes, I'm pretty sure that when your husband breaks his promises, he not only acknowledges he broke a promise but he apologizes for it. That is something EAWare has failed to do. They have not admitted their fault in breaking their word about ops content, they have not admitted any fault in how horrible GC is... they're just ignoring all the negative feedback, publicly patting themselves on the back, and pretending everything is as it should be while offering some mealy-mouthed PR nonsense about 'tweaks' to the system to save face.

If EAWare would just admit they screwed up in the first place, admit they were wrong and apologize for what they've done, I think that would go a long way to quieting some of the rage. But that is the one thing they will never, ever do. Ben Irving's ego won't allow for that, I suppose. It's that level of hubris and disconnect from their customer base that stokes my own personal ire towards them.

Edited by AscendingSky