The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bad Days Ahead..........Immediate Responce Required

MaximumOwnage

If they merged all the PVP servers, they would have 14 people on fleet rather than 3. Your so far off base with your logic I don't know how to respond.

The game is so unbalanced its sick. Harbinger is going downhill quickly and the next most populated server next to Harbinger is 1/2 or worse than Harbinger population wise. EH, JC, SL, and BC are all in absolute dismal condition UNLESS your a solo player.

We are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy beyond merging the PVP servers. That was about 2-3 years ago. We are at the point of a mega server for NA and one for EU or this game is over. Its just that simple.

hmm not sure about PvP servers but Ebon Hawk is doing quite well since I transferred to there from Harbringer. I find Harbringers community too toxic. at least on Ebon Hawk General chat isn't a feasting ground for vermin... I think if people want to have more fun as solid guilds why not try and move and fill some of the other servers? 90CC for transfer isn't that much. just a thought...

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they merged all the PVP servers, they would have 14 people on fleet rather than 3. Your so far off base with your logic I don't know how to respond.

The game is so unbalanced its sick. Harbinger is going downhill quickly and the next most populated server next to Harbinger is 1/2 or worse than Harbinger population wise. EH, JC, SL, and BC are all in absolute dismal condition UNLESS your a solo player.

We are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy beyond merging the PVP servers. That was about 2-3 years ago. We are at the point of a mega server for NA and one for EU or this game is over. Its just that simple.

Again, that is YOUR opinion. It is NOT shared by everybody.

Not everyone shares the attitude that all servers MUST be merged into Harbinger.

It seems as if BW may not even share that opinion.

Other than one person making unsupported claims, I've seen nothing to indicate that there has been any word from BW indicating that they are even considering merging servers, let alone that those mergers are imminent.

Even if BW does decide to merge some servers, there is no guarantee that they will merge them all into one, despite the wishes and demands of some players.

The "Merge servers NOW!!!! I NEED more LFG fodder!!!!!" crowd may find themselves having to either live with the populations the way they are or find another game with the numbers of players that they want.

Look I think if we're going to talk about mergers we need to have a disscussion on how these communities fit. Lets take BC, the server I play on for example. Now BC is an RP server. While it has its fair share of toxic players it is a good community imo. It has fleet RP(on impisde at least) and generally has some interesting players on it. Now imagine if it got merged with Harbinger. The fleet RP scene would die. Any RP guilds trying to do rp storylines on various planets would probably get harrasssed while doing so. These communities would not mesh well together. Now that being said, I do think some servers should get merged(i.e Jung Ma). But saying that All servers must be merged is a shorted-sighted idea imo.

Rather then merging all servers the dead ones should be closed and all characters on them be put on a server of the players choosing when they next log into the game.

Well I agree. But that should have been 2 years or more ago. As you are correct, you are also only nibbling on a sheet of pizza. Its like saying I have a car with a blown engine and a flat tire. And you come up to me and say "you really need to put air in that flat tire" Yes you are correct but we have far deeper problems than just a flat tire.

This games server balance has been ignored for years. And now we are left with 1 server on NA and one server on EU. The bulk of the player base have left x,y,z etc etc server to move to either Harbinger or Red Eclipse. This migration in a desire to have an active server had depleted the player base on all other servers besides those 2. Now we have an issue of very unhealthy servers and just outright ghost town servers with nobody on them.

At this point the development team MUST step in and at least give us their plan of how they are going to correct this issue. The longer they wait, the more it will go from bad to worse at a more quickly rate. Its a slippery slope.

Does that help explain a little more to you about the current condition of this games current server status? While you are coreect in your reply, it is grossly under stated. Its like you have 3rd degree burns over 30% of your body and the doctors want to fix your hang nail ASAP.

Well I agree. But that should have been 2 years or more ago. As you are correct, you are also only nibbling on a sheet of pizza. Its like saying I have a car with a blown engine and a flat tire. And you come up to me and say "you really need to put air in that flat tire" Yes you are correct but we have far deeper problems than just a flat tire.

This games server balance has been ignored for years. And now we are left with 1 server on NA and one server on EU. The bulk of the player base have left x,y,z etc etc server to move to either Harbinger or Red Eclipse. This migration in a desire to have an active server had depleted the player base on all other servers besides those 2. Now we have an issue of very unhealthy servers and just outright ghost town servers with nobody on them.

At this point the development team MUST step in and at least give us their plan of how they are going to correct this issue. The longer they wait, the more it will go from bad to worse at a more quickly rate. Its a slippery slope.

Does that help explain a little more to you about the current condition of this games current server status? While you are coreect in your reply, it is grossly under stated. Its like you have 3rd degree burns over 30% of your body and the doctors want to fix your hang nail ASAP.

You are loving the analogies in this thread :p

You keep saying NA is left with only one server, and others have echoed you, but at the same time, in this very thread as wellmas others, some have said that you're wrong, at least about servers like EB and Shadowlands, and that sentiment has been echoed in other threads, and for various reasons. Healthy and friendly communities, freedom to actually RP (if you don't believe that disturbing RPers is a problem, look at the difference in what happens on the fleets, as well as the fact that LotRO made servers with RP specific rules like naming and no disrupting events), decent queue pops.

Now, combining the dead PvP servers into Harb or Shadowlands? That makes more sense.

But at this point, they should say something to at least put the curiosity at ease.

This is still the solution, then you guys do not have to bicker about where you end up, everyone gets to choose.

No its not. First of all did you know that this game has 100s if not 1000s of people trying this game for the first time every week? Do you think it is healthy to leave completely dead servers online when a new player might say "hey Bastion sounds like a fun server name to play on" and makes a character there? I mean FOR REAL? Your joking right? There is no longer a server activity meter. It was removed by the development team.

Not only that, but what if a new player or a returning player logs into Shadowlands, Ebon Hawk, Bergeron Colony, or Jedi Covenant only to find out that his/her server is now extremely unhealthy population wise, has a difficult time getting group finder to result in a queue pop and find out all his friends and entire guild left for Harbinger a year ago? Do you think it will be funny when he finds out he needs to shell out 1500cc to move all of his toons to a healthier server population (The Harbinger)? How do you think that will go? I can tell you how. The same way it would go if I logged into any game I used to play. I would uninstall and laugh. Give me a break.

All you people who defend the current condition of these servers is beyond me. I can only say that the reason why the development team has not formed a mega server or shut down all the servers except for 1 or 2 IS NOT for the reasons you guys use. They could not care less about you crying and screaming that you want to be alone and don't want to see anyone in fleet chat talking. They could not care less about your desire to be an isolationist in a MMORPG where it in its definition is a word MASSIVE. Duh. You people make me laugh.

There is a reason they are leaving servers with 1 person on fleet open and its not to succumb to the tiny minority of players who like waiting 20 minutes for a queue pop and like a server with nobody on it. Its for a different reason and I would appreciate it if they would explain why. Either that or explain what they plan on doing about it. Because this game is dissolving into thin air and the time to deal with this dire situation is NOW.

No its not. First of all did you know that this game has 100s if not 1000s of people trying this game for the first time every week? Do you think it is healthy to leave completely dead servers online when a new player might say "hey Bastion sounds like a fun server name to play on" and makes a character there? I mean FOR REAL? Your joking right? There is no longer a server activity meter. It was removed by the development team.

Not only that, but what if a new player or a returning player logs into Shadowlands, Ebon Hawk, Bergeron Colony, or Jedi Covenant only to find out that his/her server is now extremely unhealthy population wise, has a difficult time getting group finder to result in a queue pop and find out all his friends and entire guild left for Harbinger a year ago? Do you think it will be funny when he finds out he needs to shell out 1500cc to move all of his toons to a healthier server population (The Harbinger)? How do you think that will go? I can tell you how. The same way it would go if I logged into any game I used to play. I would uninstall and laugh. Give me a break.

All you people who defend the current condition of these servers is beyond me. I can only say that the reason why the development team has not formed a mega server or shut down all the servers except for 1 or 2 IS NOT for the reasons you guys use. They could not care less about you crying and screaming that you want to be alone and don't want to see anyone in fleet chat talking. They could not care less about your desire to be an isolationist in a MMORPG where it in its definition is a word MASSIVE. Duh. You people make me laugh.

There is a reason they are leaving servers with 1 person on fleet open and its not to succumb to the tiny minority of players who like waiting 20 minutes for a queue pop and like a server with nobody on it. Its for a different reason and I would appreciate it if they would explain why. Either that or explain what they plan on doing about it. Because this game is dissolving into thin air and the time to deal with this dire situation is NOW.

I guess I must have missed the memo that stated that MaximumOWnage was the ONLY person who'sOPINION mattered with regards to server populations, and that all those people on JC, Ebon Hawk, Shadowlands that are perfectly happy with the population, community abd player behavior AND queue pops MUST be wrong. '

There is NO way all of those people copuld possibly be right about the serverfs on which they play when MaximumOwnage wants all opther servers merged into Harbinger so he cann mave more LFG fodder.

I'm going to guess that some people have found their way onto many ignore lists and this is a major contributing factor to their "interminable" queue times.

Given the attitude that some in this thread have displayed that THEIR opinion is the ONLY one that matters and everyone else cannot possibly be correct despite the fact that they play on those "dead" servers and are very happy with the servers and the queue times, I would be surprised if those people had not found their way onto multiple ignore lists.

Second of all, did you know that a new account comes with a free server transfer? If a person makes several characters on a dead server before realizing it's super quiet, there's another situation there.

Not only that, but what if a new player or a returning player logs into Shadowlands, Ebon Hawk, Bergeron Colony, or Jedi Covenant only to find out that his/her server is now extremely unhealthy population wise, has a difficult time getting group finder to result in a queue pop and find out all his friends and entire guild left for Harbinger a year ago?

and there's the assumption about Ebon Hawk again..

and there's the assumption about Ebon Hawk again..

Lol, its not an assumption. I have 2 level 70s on EH, a pub and an imp. And it is my EXPERIENCE not an assumption. The queue times for ranked PVP are almost non existent. GSF unless it exactly during the 2 hour per day peak time never pops. That's not assumption, that's demonstrable fact. And in addition its not healthy for a MMORPG to have any servers in that condition. Oh it can have them, its just not healthy overall.

Lol, its not an assumption. I have 2 level 70s on EH, a pub and an imp. And it is my EXPERIENCE not an assumption. The queue times for ranked PVP are almost non existent. GSF unless it exactly during the 2 hour per day peak time never pops. That's not assumption, that's demonstrable fact. And in addition its not healthy for a MMORPG to have any servers in that condition. Oh it can have them, its just not healthy overall.

Did you ever stop to think that on EH, for example the focus of the people who play there isn't GSF or ranked PVP...that it was NEVER their focus? They have a vibrant RP community there, because they used to be a designated RP server...and those that don't rp, their chief focus is PVE...hence the designation RP-PVE. It doesn't matter that the designation has been removed, those people are still happily playing their focus there. Just as people who enjoy PVE play their focus on Shadowlands.

This game isn't exactly renowned for its pvp because it's a game focused on pve and story for the most part. And as for GSF, I honestly don't know many who even play that anymore, I suppose there are some? The devs don't care about it...neither does anyone I know. I know I don't. It's not my focus, so why would I play it?

I chose a server that was designated to my focus and I'm quite happy with it.

Just because a server doesn't cater to your chosen focus, doesn't mean it's dead or inviable.

Did you ever stop to think that on EH, for example the focus of the people who play there isn't GSF or ranked PVP...that it was NEVER their focus? They have a vibrant RP community there, because they used to be a designated RP server...and those that don't rp, their chief focus is PVE...hence the designation RP-PVE. It doesn't matter that the designation has been removed, those people are still happily playing their focus there. Just as people who enjoy PVE play their focus on Shadowlands.

This game isn't exactly renowned for its pvp because it's a game focused on pve and story for the most part. And as for GSF, I honestly don't know many who even play that anymore, I suppose there are some? The devs don't care about it...neither does anyone I know. I know I don't. It's not my focus, so why would I play it?

I chose a server that was designated to my focus and I'm quite happy with it.

Just because a server doesn't cater to your chosen focus, doesn't mean it's dead or inviable.

Pretty much this. Most pvp pops on EH anyway are for regs, but most players are pve and rp oriented. I know my preferences don't apply to all, but I can't stand PvP in this game longer than the daily and weekly. It's too unbalanced and chaotic. Granted, my PvP game is League..

Either way. Looking for fast PvP on an RP-PvE server is like looking for RP on Harb's fleet. Not that common.

But in essence, that is exactly what Billy is asking for, reasons notwithstanding. Perhaps Billy is one of those who is not well versed in the MMO genre and hasn't grown that MMO thick-skin to be able to ignore the griefers that populate all MMOs, but at the end of the day, the gaming community is filled with such flotsam and jetsam. Those looking for the more populated servers have the choice to transfer. Billy has the choice to turn off chat and ignore Group finder (and all group activties as well).

1) That is not what Billy is asking for, "in essence" or otherwise, and simply saying it is does not count as an argument.

2) You clearly think that you know MMOs much better than you actually do, and have no problem forcing that "knowledge" on those around you in a patronizing and self-centric lecture.

3) There is absolutely no logical comparison between the whining element utilizing a FREE SOLUTION TO THEIR PERSONAL PROBLEM, and a perfectly content player being expected to CRIPPLE THEIR OWN GAME. There are two sides to every story. There are two sides to every story, sure; but the two sides are not always equal and sometimes one of the sides is self-serving narcissism. Billy gets screwed in your scenario, and all because some spoiled ******* doesn't want to take advantage of their FREE and convenient solution.

I didn't mention any of those things. All I said was that BioWare sold an MMO. What one expects out of an MMO is going to be different for everybody. However, there are some expectations that can be considered core to the genre and is what sets it apart from all other games and genres. I personally find that BioWare has been seriously lacking in living up to some of those core principles, therefore, I have no problem with people complaining about them or expecting BioWare to take responsibility for it and correct it without having people who came here for the MMO experience to have to go out of their way to try and obtain said experience.

Yeah. You are not the MMO professor. Your ill-defined core expectations are yours and yours alone, as the majority of this thread illustrates.

Neither actually. My main server has been The Shadowlands. I also played briefly on JC when one of my multi-gaming guilds had some people there as well. I rarely PvP and have never played an OPs, though it was one of my goals to begin to learn them with my Shadowlands guild before everyone pretty much quit the game over the last 18 months or so. I have always been primarily the solo player and find the core 1-55 experience the best part of the game. I played on servers that were in worse shape than we have now before the Great First Merger. I have been quite happy on my current servers, and don't see that changing any time soon.

Good for you! Though it makes your arguments above more interesting because none of this even applies to you.

We would all love a mega-server, and it would address so many of the queue issues too, but I fear we will never get one. Because to get one, would require the devs to admit they made mistakes, and they are wholly incapable of doing so.

Edited by Darkside

We would all love a mega-server, and it would address so many of the queue issues too, but I fear we will never get one. Because to get one, would require the devs to admit they made mistakes, and they are wholly incapable of doing so.

Sorry, I'm not a part of that 'we' that would love a mega server. I wouldn't because I don't want to suffer lags and idiots galore. No thanks.

Sorry, I'm not a part of that 'we' that would love a mega server. I wouldn't because I don't want to suffer lags and idiots galore. No thanks.

You like hours long queues, unfilled lfg's, and seeing no one for long stretches? Might as well be playing a single player game on some of the servers. I would gladly put up with ******s and lag for a strong, thriving, vibrant community to make feel like my character is in a living world.

Edited by Darkside

You like hours long queues, unfilled lfg's, and seeing no one for long stretches? Might as well be playing a single player game on some of the servers. I would gladly put up with ******s and lag for a strong, thriving, vibrant community to make feel like my character is in a living world.

From what I have seen in every one of these spammed "Merge servers NOW!!!!! I NEED LFG foddder!!!!!" threads, many of the the people on Ebon Hawk, JC and Shadowlands seem to have no problem with queues.

Is that because they behave in a respectful and respectable manner and have not found themselves on a plethora of ignore lists, and therefore have more people with whom the LFG tool may group them? I cannot say for certain, but it IS a distinct possibility.

From what I have seen in every one of these spammed "Merge servers NOW!!!!! I NEED LFG foddder!!!!!" threads, many of the the people on Ebon Hawk, JC and Shadowlands seem to have no problem with queues.

Is that because they behave in a respectful and respectable manner and have not found themselves on a plethora of ignore lists, and therefore have more people with whom the LFG tool may group them? I cannot say for certain, but it IS a distinct possibility.

Transfer a level 70 toon there right now and then come back and talk. I have toons on every one of those servers and they are horrible population wise. Unless your a single player hermit who ONLY does things with the same guild members your screwed. AND if you don't believe me, try me. I speak from personal experience. If anyone besides the people I listed above think those servers are anything other then in horrible shape then I am afraid they have no idea or clue what a MMORPG is. The word MASSIVE is usually a dead giveaway. But obviously people don't read much or know much about it. Sad to say.

Doesn't bother me at all. I'm a solo player. I see plenty of people around. It's not fair that people demand uber servers and merges when the people that are on the servers are happy where they are and happy doing what they're doing. It feels like those who want the mergers don't give a crap about people who would lose all their stuff, just so they don't have to wait longer than two minutes in a queue.

I don't get why those who are unhappy don't just transfer and go wherever they want. It's not like it costs much these days and apparently on some servers I understand that it's free.

Transfer a level 70 toon there right now and then come back and talk. I have toons on every one of those servers and they are horrible population wise. Unless your a single player hermit who ONLY does things with the same guild members your screwed. AND if you don't believe me, try me. I speak from personal experience. If anyone besides the people I listed above think those servers are anything other then in horrible shape then I am afraid they have no idea or clue what a MMORPG is. The word MASSIVE is usually a dead giveaway. But obviously people don't read much or know much about it. Sad to say.

I have at least one level 70 imperial and one level 70 republic character on all three of those servers, as well as Harbinger. I even have some lower level characters on one of the old PVP servers, although I do not do much with them these days.

I do not do ranked PVP, so I cannot speak to that activity. I also do not use the LFG tool for FP's all the time, but when I do, I have never had any issues with queue times on Ebon Hawk, JC or Shadowlands. The queue pops may not be instant, but I have not found them to be any longer than those in the "big boy on the block" game. In fact, queue times are usually shorter than I experience in WoW, and that is as a DPS.

Of course, I try to be respectful so I am probably not on a lot of ignore lists.

That is my experience.

Judging from reading what others have posted in this thread, as well as all the other spammed "Merge servers NOW!!!!! I NEED LFG fodder!!!!" threads, I am not alone in that experience.

I cannot say how the queue times on those servers compare to the queue times on Harbinger, as I do not use the LFG tool on Harbinger for random groups. It is just not worth the aggravation of being grouped with a bunch of random, rude, childish and immature players who seem to delight in ruining other player's gaming experience. I do all my group content on Harbinger with friends and guild mates.

The only time I have super long queues or don't see anyone is when it's a Saturday before noon, or if I'm off work and playing at that time. Most of my long queues as well are usually PvP, which is an incredible minority of players on an RP-PvE server.

*you're

Besides that error, and the fact that you decide to generalize everyone on that server as hermits and have no idea what an MMO is (which fallacy is that again? Ad hominin, hasty generalization, or strawman?), you ignore the facts about some of those servers. Using your EH experience, you said ranked PvP and GSF don't pop. I could've told you that from the getgo. Most players on the server don't care about PvP and are probably either roleplaying or PvE-ing. If you were to merge just Harb and EH, guess what? You probably still wouldn't have faster ranked PvP or GSF pops. Shocking, right?

I managed to level a new VG, granted with the XP boost, with solely PvP and PvE dailies and weeklies, withing a few days. Since hitting 70 last week, I've run 3 uprisings (only ever queued for 3 and they pop quick) and 2 OPs with different groups through the "Allies" channel. Problem might be your expectations of the servers.

You're looking to fill a round hole with a square peg and you don't seem to get that. Ebon Hawk is not a PvP focused server hence the queue pops not jumping 24/7. Once you realize that, if you ever do, maybe you'll realize YOU need to move to a server YOU fit in with and stop this crusade to make everyone else move to you.

Edited by kodrac

You're looking to fill a round hole with a square peg and you don't seem to get that. Ebon Hawk is not a PvP focused server hence the queue pops not jumping 24/7. Once you realize that, if you ever do, maybe you'll realize YOU need to move to a server YOU fit in with and stop this crusade to make everyone else move to you.

You're just being argumentative. Explain to me how you lose out if SWTOR creates a mega server? Everything you stated above is an improvement if a mega server is formed. You do know that there are RPers that actually enjoy PVP and GSF right? Your not that belligerent about this issue I hope. If a mega server is formed they will have the ability to run those parts of the game more easily and more frequently.

A lot of people want to play PVP and GSF off of peak time. They enjoy their friends and guilmates and then when people log off a lot of people would like to fill the time with PVP or GSF. On EH off peak you have zero chance of that happening. Is that fair to them?

Everything about a mega server is positive to an MMO with an unhealthy population spread along too many dead or deadish servers. It is a plus plus for everyone. And for you RPers that don't like the toxic chat amongst a handful or *******s, use the ignore option you have. A few nights on fleet will eliminate almost all of it due to the fact it is the same small crowd of dirtbags doing it. There you go, problem solved.

All the reasons for not creating a brand new mega server IMO are empty and lame. There really is no good reason at this point in the game for not doing this. Other than a handful of players who all they want to do is argue about this, it is a win win for this game hands down.

If done properly this could be an extremely good and fun thing. IE introduce a completely new guild flagship. Make it actually mean something this time other than deco that nobody ever sees. That way everyone whom lost their flagships because of the new mega server created has something new and exciting to look forward too. Plus most of the active guild have maxed out their ships years ago and its really a waste because it does nothing,

there are lots of ways to roll this out and make it a positive thing for everyone and new players alike. I just don't think this development team has it in them to do 1 thing positive to this game that actually requires work or imagination. Sad really. This could be a great thing but as almost everything left in this game, it will be shelved and kicked to the curb.

You're just being argumentative. Explain to me how you lose out if SWTOR creates a mega server? Everything you stated above is an improvement if a mega server is formed. You do know that there are RPers that actually enjoy PVP and GSF right? Your not that belligerent about this issue I hope. If a mega server is formed they will have the ability to run those parts of the game more easily and more frequently.

You are right that there are RPers who like to play PvP but also you are wrong in asuming that kodrac is argumentative. His statement is valid. The amount of people focused on PvP on a RP-Server is at best slim! And I am telling you that as a person who has been playing SW:ToR on a RP-Server since Launch!!!

A lot of people want to play PVP and GSF off of peak time. They enjoy their friends and guilmates and then when people log off a lot of people would like to fill the time with PVP or GSF. On EH off peak you have zero chance of that happening. Is that fair to them?

Sorry to burst your and perhaps a lot of bubbles from other persons around here but *... a lot of people want to play PvP...* is at best only an assumption and no fact because it was more than once stated on many occasions that the part of the player-base focused on PvP is quite small in comparison to the part focused on PvE and that during the last 12 to 18 months the PvP player-base has been continuously shrinking!!!

Everything about a mega server is positive to an MMO with an unhealthy population spread along too many dead or deadish servers. It is a plus plus for everyone. And for you RPers that don't like the toxic chat amongst a handful or *******s, use the ignore option you have. A few nights on fleet will eliminate almost all of it due to the fact it is the same small crowd of dirtbags doing it. There you go, problem solved.

All the reasons for not creating a brand new mega server IMO are empty and lame. There really is no good reason at this point in the game for not doing this. Other than a handful of players who all they want to do is argue about this, it is a win win for this game hands down.

Sorry to burst some bubbles again but not all things about a mega server are positive. It has been stated more than once that because of technical issues regarding SW:ToR mega servers would only lead to more problems (eg. Lags, Discons, etc.) as it would solve problems!

Also the whole discussion about *... We want MEGA SEVERS !!! ...* is completly pointless because as far as I am aware of it was some time ago stated by the Devs themselfs that because of the Game-Engine and Game-Coding a mega server is and will not be realizable and that is a fact!!!

So why not just stop the whole *Mega-Server* nonsense and talk about things that *maybe* - and I emphasize the *MAYBE* - are possible to be realized like eg. *Server-Merges*..!

Best regards

Kage