The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Galactic Command isn't that bad and i'm enjoying it

fushnchips

Like a few players in this game I gave up the daily grind ( at rank 45 ) but then they gave us the massive bonus boost and since then I have made it to max rank 300 and come away with at least 2 sets of full 240 and working on my 3rd also getting some nice legendary items.

I just don't see why people hate it so much If you go into an Operation now you are likely to walk away with less than grinding the crates and gear doesn't make a good player it's the skill of knowing how to play the class.

Now it hasn't been all fun and games I have made some serious mistakes with command crates one of them was the worst of it's kind when I done disintegration on a legendary 242 offhand :( so have you made any slip ups like I did with my offhand ?

also please try and keep this thread positive :)

Edited by fushnchips

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like a few players in this game I gave up the daily grind ( at rank 45 ) but then they gave us the massive bonus boost and since then I have made it to max rank 300 and come away with at least 2 sets of full 240 and working on my 3rd also getting some nice legendary items.

I just don't see why people hate it so much If you go into an Operation now you are likely to walk away with less than grinding the crates and gear doesn't make a good player it's the skill of knowing how to play the class.

Now it hasn't been all fun and games I have made some serious mistakes with command crates one of them was the worst of it's kind when I done disintegration on a legendary 242 offhand :( so have you made any slip ups like I did with my offhand ?

Cool story bro.

*starts up the popcorn*

Hi Mr. Irving!

I just want to say that I must been anomaly as I've opened 80 crates and no useful gear this week while in Ops despite the abysmal drop rates you set I've gotten 3 pieces these last 2 weeks. Strange I've gotten more useful gear from Ops than crates. I do query, why do you force this system on others and not put guarentueed loot back on all bosses? Are we truely not able to comprehend the Thrill of the Hunt?:rak_03:

PS: After your are done maklng great posts like these on the forums, can you fix the mini map circles it's really weird now. Kthxbai

Edited by FerkWork

I think you are confused about the arguments made against GC. Most people don't dislike GC as a concept, they dislike that GC is the only way to get gear, if combined with increased operation/flashpoint loot and some way to enable pvp:ers to gear up quicker, it would be at least closer to an optimal system.

I think you are confused about the arguments made against GC. Most people don't dislike GC as a concept, they dislike that GC is the only way to get gear, if combined with increased operation/flashpoint loot and some way to enable pvp:ers to gear up quicker, it would be at least closer to an optimal system.

as i said this several times. GC should be kept for story/solo players. pvpers deserve comms and a vendor and raiders 100% specific loot on bosses. and everyone is happy....

as i said this several times. GC should be kept for story/solo players. pvpers deserve comms and a vendor and raiders 100% specific loot on bosses. and everyone is happy....

Just let us use the Command Tokens on gear as well, same as the PvP tokens. Problem solved. You'll end up with 1500-2000 Command Tokens at 300, adjust the price so 2000 or 2500 is what you need for half the 242 set.

Done - no more complains, predictable 4 day grind to endgame :rolleyes: (just like in all other expansions)

You're wrong. The gearing system of GC is awful. I am NOT enjoying. I am still playing the game because of friends and because I enjoy the PvP combat, but I haven't gotten a SINGLE set bonus piece or purple implant from crates and I'm CXP lv. 50. Edited by Talon_strikes

Sure, the current rate of CXP is not so bad. But we all know that this is not going to last, and that more CXP levels are coming in the near future.

The current rate is not so bad, I agree with you there, but what they more often than not yield is still a bigger problem than ever. No matter how fast they make the leveling we're still getting garbage from the crates.

Does nobody else use the components? I have 5 pieces of t3 and 2 of t2...

Of course I do, it's the only thing approaching sanity with the 5.x New Gambling Disaster.

But I don't live in PvP or GSF so I've gotten a grand total of one tier 1 and one tier 2. I very much dislike ground PvP on my main. Since BINO's boosting the number of UC's that ground PvP will drop while GSF is getting a giant middle finger GSF's brief resurgence is going to fade along with my main's ability to acquire UC's.

Of course I do, it's the only thing approaching sanity with the 5.x New Gambling Disaster.

But I don't live in PvP or GSF so I've gotten a grand total of one tier 1 and one tier 2. I very much dislike ground PvP on my main. Since BINO's boosting the number of UC's that ground PvP will drop while GSF is getting a giant middle finger GSF's brief resurgence is going to fade along with my main's ability to acquire UC's.

pvp got that middle finger first getting less than GSF. both modes should be the same amount and it should be a pretty decent increase in size.

That might be difficult in dealing with RNG, as there are always losers. Recently, I rarely do activities that net Command Experience, as I favor vanilla story quests, but today I did a few heroics on my main with the husband and I received two Command Crates for my efforts in a very reasonable amount of time; however, I disintegrated every item in the two crates as none of the items were anything I was interested in.

I understand that people like getting these crates more frequently, but I can't see the point if they're just full of Command Experience, as in my case? It's not that I hate the system, it's just that it's pointless. I mean, why on earth am I getting Command Experience just so that I can open a crate of nothing but Command Experience so that I can put it towards the next Crate of Command Experience, and so on? This is ridiculous.

Personally, I liked it much better when I could do these heroics and other activities for Data Crystals, and then just go buy the stuff I wanted. I most certainly wouldn't have used my Data Crystals to purchase Data Crystals to purchase Data Crystals, which is what GC feels like to me. If GC was added in on top of the old system, I'd probably feel a little better about it because I wouldn't have lost my ability to simply just save up my Crystals and buy the items I want.

Edited by Edyn

As a gaming mechanic in and of itself Galactic Command could've been fun had they used it purely for an enhancer to the existing game. However, they did not. Why people hate it so much is RNG gearing end game loot is always a terrible way to go when they already had a very clear do 'x' thing for 'x' piece of gear system in place that worked very well and kept people coming back.

Now, if they'd made it purely cosmetic offering Cartel Items from the RNG boxes or randomly giving out gear in addition to having kept the old vendor/pieces/coms system in place.... this would've gone over a lot better. And several of us told them as much on these very forums when they were gearing up to push it live.

It looks like they are trying to fix it... but several of us still aren't happy about it. We'd prefer a structure rollback, I'm sure. But they're kind of stuck. Once you push a system live, even if it alienates a chunk of your player base, you run the risk of ticking off the remainder of your player base by changing things back-- when the people you ticked off are not guaranteed to come back now.

That is about as neutral of feedback I can give you, OP. I just hope it helps explains why some of us are understandably not happy. I myself had went Preferred on accident for a few days and wouldn't even be here now had I not gotten a discounted 60 day card at my local Wal-Mart on a fluke while I look for a new mmorpg. I'm on borrowed time... and this new gearing system has a >>LOT<< to do with it.

People hate it because the Galactic Command gearing system is worse than the gearing system that existed the day before 5.0 hit the servers.

The Galactic Command system was also sold to the player base using insultingly transparent lies. It was clearly designed with the primary design goal of gating desirable end-game content behind a 90-180 day gear grind because they had no actual content to keep people subscribed between November and April and this was obvious to everyone as soon as the details were announced. Instead, the public faces of BioWare Austin were put in the awkward position of trying to sell its necessity due to tokens being confusing (while adding LS/DS tokens to the game simultaneously) and other illogical explanations to avoid the true intent of the system.

I think they've played us all for fools. They've feigned surprise over the reaction of players so that they could slowly "improve" the Galactic Command system and say they're listening to their players. They knew it was a bad system for players because they designed it to force people to subscribe in order to run the stale end-game content because too many people were unsubscribing and using Ops/PVP passes bought with credits off the GTN. I've come to the conclusion that everything is proceeding according to the plan and we're just complacent fools that think they're trying really hard to fix the system when in reality it has served its purpose of buying them time and the plan was always to bring back gear tokens into Ops and PVP the way they did. If they had taken Ops drops from 4.x system to the current system without the complete removal in between, we'd be calling for the old system back. Instead, most of us THANKED THEM for partially returning the old Ops token drops as if they did something laudable.

I'm almost impressed. It is Palpatine-quality manipulation of the masses.

People hate it because the Galactic Command gearing system is worse than the gearing system that existed the day before 5.0 hit the servers.

The Galactic Command system was also sold to the player base using insultingly transparent lies. It was clearly designed with the primary design goal of gating desirable end-game content behind a 90-180 day gear grind because they had no actual content to keep people subscribed between November and April and this was obvious to everyone as soon as the details were announced. Instead, the public faces of BioWare Austin were put in the awkward position of trying to sell its necessity due to tokens being confusing (while adding LS/DS tokens to the game simultaneously) and other illogical explanations to avoid the true intent of the system.

I think they've played us all for fools. They've feigned surprise over the reaction of players so that they could slowly "improve" the Galactic Command system and say they're listening to their players. They knew it was a bad system for players because they designed it to force people to subscribe in order to run the stale end-game content because too many people were unsubscribing and using Ops/PVP passes bought with credits off the GTN. I've come to the conclusion that everything is proceeding according to the plan and we're just complacent fools that think they're trying really hard to fix the system when in reality it has served its purpose of buying them time and the plan was always to bring back gear tokens into Ops and PVP the way they did. If they had taken Ops drops from 4.x system to the current system without the complete removal in between, we'd be calling for the old system back. Instead, most of us THANKED THEM for partially returning the old Ops token drops as if they did something laudable.

I'm almost impressed. It is Palpatine-quality manipulation of the masses.

I've had a similar feeling. They start with a great idea...botch that idea's natural evolutionary progress, attempt to fix it minimally so it's NOT AS BAD as what they botched...all so we'll forget their original great idea and what drew people to it. Virtually every single aspect of the game can be summed up pretty well that way, and I think all of us could come up with several examples of the game's progression and how it ties in with this "fix the broken fix in order to make you forget what might have needed fixing in the first place" idea.

I agree, I love the GC. I log in and get to play the game in many ways I did before 5.0. The only difference was before 5.0 I did it for fun. Now I actually get rewarded and work on gear while I am enjoying the game. Before 5.0 if I wanted to work on gear I had no choice but to do operations. I play many aspects of the game, I enjoy pvp, gsf, conquest, fps, heroics, uprisings and collecting achievements. I just hit 202 GC rank on my pub and my imp is 95. My pub is in all 240 gear with a mix of set bonus in ranges of 234-240.

I agree, I love the GC. I log in and get to play the game in many ways I did before 5.0. The only difference was before 5.0 I did it for fun. Now I actually get rewarded and work on gear while I am enjoying the game. Before 5.0 if I wanted to work on gear I had no choice but to do operations. I play many aspects of the game, I enjoy pvp, gsf, conquest, fps, heroics, uprisings and collecting achievements. I just hit 202 GC rank on my pub and my imp is 95. My pub is in all 240 gear with a mix of set bonus in ranges of 234-240.

Don't worry , next patch u will get 2 more CG Levels of gear to grind!!!!