The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

MaximumOwnage

Ok, well just played 4 straight hours non stop with 100% cxp boost on and 10% cxp unlocked on legacy and here is where I am at with this.

I am done for now. My will to grind this any longer is gone.

#1. The unassembled component rate has remained exactly the same. I honestly cant do this. I have over 40 alts since the DvsL event went live and I just cant go any further with this grind.

#2. The current rate of return is better with the boost, but it is nowhere near where I would like it to be. I have played 4 straight hours and have no received 1 piece of armor I need. Not only that, but I also opened about 15 other crates I had saved prior to the patch because I thought the crates were going to be legacy bound. And out of 4 hours of grinding today and 15 crates saved up from before I got absolutely nothing.

#3. I compare this update to something like this. You had a very terrible car crash. And you bring your wrecked vehicle to a shop. The car is pretty much destroyed. So the shop does some work on it and tapes up a few things, gets the car running and banged out a few dents. And then when you go to pickup your car the shop owner say "here is your car. Yeah I know its a piece of junk BUT hey its better than it was". Yes true it is better than it was. And yes for the moment it "works" but it was not fixed properly. It was just shoe stringed together to make it "better than it was".

In closing this gear system has done me in. I just had to unfortunately send out dozens of emails to my guild mates who quit playing and to tell them don't bother coming back. The gearing system is still broken. Very sad.

All you guys had to do to fix this is get the unassembled components to drop at the same rate as 4.0 and problem would have been solved. But here I am once again in this mess you guys made. I am done. I have to get off this wagon. The ride isn't fun anymore because of this grind. It has broken my will to play.

I didn't ask you to tweak the problem, I asked you to fix the problem. And I am sorry but you failed. You failed me and a lot of other people who play this game.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, well just played 4 straight hours non stop with 100% cxp boost on and 10% cxp unlocked on legacy and here is where I am at with this.

I am done for now. My will to grind this any longer is gone.

#1. The unassembled component rate has remained exactly the same. I honestly cant do this. I have over 40 alts since the DvsL event went live and I just cant go any further with this grind.

#2. The current rate of return is better with the boost, but it is nowhere near where I would like it to be. I have played 4 straight hours and have no received 1 piece of armor I need. Not only that, but I also opened about 15 other crates I had saved prior to the patch because I thought the crates were going to be legacy bound. And out of 4 hours of grinding today and 15 crates saved up from before I got absolutely nothing.

#3. I compare this update to something like this. You had a very terrible car crash. And you bring your wrecked vehicle to a shop. The car is pretty much destroyed. So the shop does some work on it and tapes up a few things, gets the car running and banged out a few dents. And then when you go to pickup your car the shop owner say "here is your car. Yeah I know its a piece of junk BUT hey its better than it was". Yes true it is better than it was. And yes for the moment it "works" but it was not fixed properly. It was just shoe stringed together to make it "better than it was".

In closing this gear system has done me in. I just had to unfortunately send out dozens of emails to my guild mates who quit playing and to tell them don't bother coming back. The gearing system is still broken. Very sad.

All you guys had to do to fix this is get the unassembled components to drop at the same rate as 4.0 and problem would have been solved. But here I am once again in this mess you guys made. I am done. I have to get off this wagon. The ride isn't fun anymore because of this grind. It has broken my will to play.

I didn't ask you to tweak the problem, I asked you to fix the problem. And I am sorry but you failed. You failed me and a lot of other people who play this game.

The real question is how much pain will there be before they admit that Galactic Command is exactly backwards.

Disintegration crates come faster now! Yay?

Edited by stoopicus

And in 4.0 I could grind PVP for less than 1 week and have the best min/maxed 208 gear set in the game. What's your point?

Don't you think that's a bit ridiculous, though?

I don't think they're where they need to be with GC yet, but 4 hours playtime isn't long enough to start a red alert emergency thread.

I don't think they're where they need to be with GC yet, but 4 hours playtime isn't long enough to start a red alert emergency thread.

Not in a game that allows 52 characters per server. So no I do not think it is ridicules. And I also think it is a slap across the face of all the subscribers who were encouraged over and over during the LvsD event to make as many alts as you can as fast as you can.

This 250% boost did nothing other than make people mad quicker when they open up a crate with nothing in it. And the quicker people are able to gear out their toons, the happier the player base (on average) will be. Its just that simple.

sure it is, that's about a month's worth of playtime these days. This game is no longer the type most people play 40 hours a week since there's so little new content.

And also hypothetically speaking, if you happen to take bio ware up on the 52 character slot option, it would take you 52 weeks of hardcore grinding 7 days a week to gear those toons.

So take a deep breath and look at it for what it is. It is a mess. And the simplest fix is to make the return rates what they were in 4.0. And for some unknown reason that nobody has figured it out why, they would rather completely napalm the player base and have masses of people quit the game before they do that. Why? I am not sure if they know because there is no logical answer. Its like they are trying to see how badly they can ruin things on purpose.

Edited by MaximumOwnage

Dude i opened 31 tier 2 crates, i m 25 levels to reach tier 3 and so far most those crates have been droping crap. 31 crates granted me a 234 implants and an offhand, that luck.......

The funniest part of this is that the thing they needed desperately to raise and raise significantly was the unassembled components. And the secondary issue is raising the drop rate of these crates. And the most important issue for helping people get set piece gear sets quickly (unassembled components) was not even touched. I am done playing until they get this mess sorted out. I have absolutely zero will to play. Its like they broke me with this. And if they don't fix this then I wont return. Its that bad for me. I like the game but this gear grind is totally broken my will to play.

And in 4.0 I could grind PVP for less than 1 week and have the best min/maxed 208 gear set in the game. What's your point?

the point is that your ungeared green wearing alts wouldnt be running ops in the first place, at least this way you have a chance to go from newly minted 70 to getting your first tier piece relatively quickly. ive got 3 set pieces and im maybe command level 15. for some it doesnt work and for some it does.

4 hours of grinding shouldnt be a guarantee of anything. personally I think youre just a spoiled player who cant handle having to earn what they get.

for some it doesnt work and for some it does.

DING DING DING DING. We have a winner!

You realize this is the problem people are complaining about when they express dislike for a RNG-based system, right?

If you have the same statistical luck I have had you will now go 55 CXP levels getting *nothing*. And that just puts us even, I have no idea how many levels I will continue to go getting nothing.

Exciting!

Edited by stoopicus

To OP i told many many many times dont get hopes up with this update. BW does not want to change their plan for this game near future. It is dumbed down mindless grind same content over and over again until you get sick of it.

BWA doing now op one boss at a time because they do not have long term plans as it can change fast. If EA says its enough then its done and announcing no more updates in future.

This game is loosing subs left and right and by end of this year they will struggle to keep that minimum in EA eyes to be profitable.

Keep eye on Q2 reports regarding this game soon. It could be devastating.

Agreed with op.

I am currently on my third month of sick leave recovering from surgery and I just want something fun to do to get my mind off that poop. Swtor has been great at increasing my daily frustration and headache levels. Still hate the RNG, really need improved component system, and content that cant be ran on autopilot. I am not enjoying my stay like I did just a year/two ago.

I can take a few hours dose of swtor weekly before feeling like bashing my head in.

I love alting why did you make even that so bloody hard.

Edited by Kiesu

I don't get it OP. Do you need 242 on everything before you can start playing an alt?

Expansion has been out for how long now? I dont have a single 242 piece on a single character yet because I dont play to grind the same content I've been doing 5 years already for a CHANCE of upgrade. Not doing it.

Current token drops helped a little, but the drop chance is, also, random.

Expansion has been out for how long now? I dont have a single 242 piece on a single character yet because I dont play to grind the same content I've been doing 5 years already for a CHANCE of upgrade. Not doing it.

Current token drops helped a little, but the drop chance is, also, random.

If you're having such bad luck with 242's then you can upgrade 236's or buy/craft/claim 240's. That's more than enough for the hardest content in the game at the moment, and should let you start leveling an alt (at much faster speed now) without feeling like you're halting some critical point in your main's progression.

The main problem the game has right now isn't that end-game gearing is too difficult due to RNG (aside from getting 6 set pieces), it's that T1 and T2 rewards are crap compared with T3, which discourages alt play. 100% increased T1-T2 CXP and the CXP event will help get more of your alts to T3, but it doesn't address the core problem.

Edited by Eli_Porter