The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I don't care how much CXP boost you get, RNG is RNG

FourPawnBenoni

True, my first 20 cmd boxes that I opened, I got both 2 legs, one after the other around box 6 and 7 and that is it, others I have 4 pieces by that time, its way too random and unintelligent, token or commendations were a way better idea, please consider getting rid of the current system. Edited by x_Boots_x

It did, all depends on what you enjoy doing. I enjoyed doing flashpoints/gsf/pvp and heroics before 5.0. Unfortunately prior to 5.0 I stood on the fleet waiting for spamming on pug groups on my days off to gear up so that I could join my guild when they raid if I had time. That sure and hell wasnt fun. Now I get to log in and do many different activities and work on gear so when my guild raids if I have time available I can join them. I am sorry that you dont enjoy doing many different things in game that you dont see how rewarding the new system can be.

It's not even close to rewarding. How many hours per piece in PVP? How much time for a box that might, maybe have something useful in it? Oh, and what is that drop rate? I've opened 60 on my main and he has 1 set piece. That's not a rewarding system.

how rewarding the new system can be.

This is the issue. It can be rewarding...but only if you get lucky with drops.

How rewarding is it for the guy in this thread who played for a month and got zero to show for it?

With 5.1 it's sorta doable again because you get rewards more reliably in operations, but there still is no reason for me to don anything outside ops and a bit of pvp.

Pretty sure BW thinks that we didn't notice how they nerfed the drop rate of items in a crate for 5.1.

Now they are going to increase cxp gain and likely couple that with yet another nerf to drop rate in command crates.

You'll be getting a slightly increased drop rate of usable items in command crates from 5.0 till now, but it wont be 250%.

Tell me I'm wrong, BW.

I treat 242's and 236's as more of a bonus from crates than anything. Six 230+ set armorings and the rest at 240+ is just about what I expect to get from crates by mid T3, and at that point I know I should be doing HM/NiM Ops and PvP/GSF if I want upgrades. Or just start gearing out my alts (which is what I'm currently doing). Edited by Eli_Porter

Since the introduction of the boost to cxp i have opened over 80 crates since im basically getting crates every 10 min when actually farming (but im not farming). Even on my sentinel i was doing a lot of GSF and then realized i have 10 unopened crates.

However, NOTHING!! Absolutely NOTHING in them! I would really say they nerfed the gear from crates!

However, NOTHING!! Absolutely NOTHING in them! I would really say they nerfed the gear from crates!

Yeah I have not done any cxp stuff yet but it does sound like a bioware thing to do increase the speed that you get crates but nerf the probabilities of gear meaning there is ZERO change from the cxp boost than before, you just open and disintegrate a lot more of them.

RNG is still awful, way too much useless things in the loot table and no RNG mitigation for duplicate. I got 5 guardian tank tier 1 pair of boots, but no pants nor belt.

The RNG make the Command Crates the supplementary gearing system while the Ops drop and the PvP Commendations are the main ones. It's just that we get a lot less of those compaired to anything since 1.2 to 4.7.

For gearing, this is the kind of system that I would recommand.

1- Separating again PvE and PvP gear so that they don't have unbalanced gearing system where someone doing PvP can easily get better gear than someone doing PvE or the inverse. This stop PvP players to have to PvE to gear up and PvE players to have to PvP to gear.

2- Rebalancing the new gearing commendation (Unassembled componant) to something similar as what was done for Warzone Commendations with 3.2 or 3.3 so that RNG luck isn't one of the main factor for gearing up. Also increasing the cap to at least 10 000. That way someone can stockpile enough to get a full set. I would be really annoyed if I just bound to myself a tier 3 piece and I get that same piece in the next crate. That would be days of work to get those componants wasted.

3- Giving again commendations for dailies/heroics to get 230 non-set gear (the blue drop right now in tier 1 crates). This give them a way to get the missing gear pieces that they don't get from the command crates.

4- Giving random drops for the Solo mode Flashpoints with random 224 non-set pieces at level 70.

5- Giving 224 specific gear tokens as the reward of the bonus and end bosses of Veteran Mode Flashpoint. This make them rewarding a starting set bonus and is in line with the old Tioniese entry set in 1.X.

6- Giving 230 specific gear tokens for the rewards of the bonus and end bosses of Master Mode Flashpoints.

7- Giving 230 specific gear tokens for the rewards of every operation bosses for Story Mode Operations.

8- Giving 236 specific gear tokens for the rewards of every operation bosses for Veteran Mode Operations.

9- Giving 242 specific gear tokens for the rewards of every operation bosses for Master Mode Operations.

10- Link the command crates types of drop (PvE or PvP) with the state of the PvP flag used on that character.

This would give a Flashpoints, a PvP, a PvE and a Daily/Heroic way to gear up toons with the gear required to be able to clear their content of choice. On top of that, there is still the crafting (which still suffer from RNG) and the command crates drops to supplement those systems and have the possibility to get better gear than what their content choice provide.

Edited by ludoviccb

Getting crates with nothing of value in them at a faster rate is pointless. Perhaps if they had made Galactic Command levels mean something like the levels gained beyond max do in STO or ESO, they system might be engaging. Crates of junk just do not cut it.

2 weeks left on sub and I see no point in even logging in at this point.

But don't you find RNG EXCITING!!!!??? Ben Irving thinks RNG is EXCITING!!!!! He thinks we all enjoy experiencing THE THRILL OF THE HUNT!!!!! from our current gear roulette with a pay-to-win (or really, pay-to-spin-the-wheel) system of CXP boosters you can buy with real money. Surely having even worse odds on the gear roulette would make it even MORE EXCITING!!!!! because there's even more RNG!

/sarcasm

Edited by AscendingSky