Light Alignment Tier reset from V to 0!!

Savyl

Can somene please tell me what is going on? Why or what happened that my Light alignment has been reset from tier V to 0?

Now I can't even use my Light Tokens. I wanted to purchase a speeder. Wow.. this is shocking and a horrible bug.

Update: Ancient Prison Suppression is the bonus mission for this Republic-side Section X mission: [DAILY] The Dread Guard. You can safely do the quests for Section X as long as you do not accept this bonus mission. It is dropped by one of the mobs and you will notice because it will have a gold beacon. Just do not loot the mobs for the mission [DAILY] The Dread Guard and you will be fine.

Edited by Savyl
Update

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can somene please tell me what is going on? Why or what happened that my Light alignment has been reset from tier V to 0?

I did a quick search for you and even though this appears to have happened to others, I was not able to discover a cause.

One thing that was mentioned, was toggling your DvL allegiance near the minimap. This does not seem 100% likely, but it seems possible.

I would advise putting in a ticket.

Edited by IstariZen

I did a quick search for you and even though this appears to have happened to others, I was not able to discover a cause.

One thing that was mentioned, was toggling your DvL allegiance near the minimap. This does not seem 100% likely, but it seems possible.

I would advise putting in a ticket.

Thanks for info and I did submit a ticket. I've never once changed or toggled allegiance from Light to Dark. I've always been 100% pure Light.

Were you in Section X?

That's where it happened to me, and one of my guildmates.

Randomly reset our alignment to 0 and meant we couldn't use our lightsabres any more (mine required Light II, my guildmate's required Light IV )

I was in Section X today and logged out there but didn't check my tier until a few hours later when I tried to use my Light Tokens to buy a speeder and I could not. I was shocked to see my tier is neutral. I am going to quit this game if they don't fix it because the grind is ridiculous. I don't want to level it back up to tier V and now I can't even use my light tokens.

Yeah, logging out while in Section X seems to be one of the triggers. :(

I have 512 light points now so I'm still neutral. I logged out of Section X to test this theory and logged back in yet I did not lose points. I'm not sure if this is what reset my alignment or not. Can just be a coincidence that the others were bugged at Section X. Maybe it happened before or after and they did not notice? No idea.. All I know is that I want them to fix this because it makes the game not fun.

Edited by Savyl

• 2 weeks later...

Now I can't even use my Light Tokens. I wanted to purchase a speeder. Wow.. this is shocking and a horrible bug.

The same thing just happened to me, while logging out and back in on Section X. really sucks, I can't use my Lightsaber.

• 3 months later...
reset on section X when i'll back after proc on pvp, gs, flashpoints ...

please fix now.

best thing to do is put in a ticket. it's been going on for months and honestly it'd be resolved faster with a ticket then waiting for a patch.

Had it happen to me, light and dark are mostly meaningless, I can hit V in a few days.

There are some story tie ins in the original good storyline that your alignment gives you different choices, so I do make sure to check my alignment when doing the good storylines.

• 1 month later...
If you do quecing when you get a ready quece and the window has the two boxes [One for Lightside and one for Darkside] the accept/decline buttons are right under them, just be careful you don't accidentally click on the Lightside/Darkside boxes, that's what happened to me, you won't even realize it. If you have you alignments going down, this could be why.

The reset is related to a bug with Section X. If you log out there or even log out but that was the last place you were (for example if you go from Section X to your stronghold or ship) there is a high probability your LS/DS points get reset to 0. The bug has been around since 5.0 I believe.

The reset is related to a bug with Section X. If you log out there or even log out but that was the last place you were (for example if you go from Section X to your stronghold or ship) there is a high probability your LS/DS points get reset to 0. The bug has been around since 5.0 I believe.

Doesn't seem to work for me! I Guess the light side is strong in my light side sith.:rak_03:

Edited by Eshvara

• 2 weeks later...

This bug hit me many months ago (a year ago?), I believe also after visiting Section X. I have been slowly working my way back up to light V and was finally at light IV. Last night I was standing on the fleet doing nothing (no missions running) when I suddenly got the message that I was "enlightened." Sure enough, my Light V had been restored! I have no idea if that means the Section X bug is fixed, but it may mean that someone is finally working behind the scenes to restore the lost points. Now I can finally spend those light tokens!

I'm still afraid to visit Section X though. I hope we get some kind of announcement when it is safe to do so.

I had this happen recently too. If you are queued while in Section X, and accept the pop, when you return your alignment resets to 0. I sent in a CS request, and initially they just gave me the standard line of "this will be fixed in a later update". I sent in a further request, and basically asked them explain to me why they can't fix it so I know if I should just re-grind my alignment. I got a nice response, and, long story short, they cannot fix this, because they can't individually tweak your alignment. Not a big deal, since you can regrind your alignment in a matter of days, but there you have it. I guess you could actually take advantage of this if you wanted to switch alignment, but for now, I just don't go to Section X.

I had this happen recently too. If you are queued while in Section X, and accept the pop, when you return your alignment resets to 0. .

I went in and out of warzones, relogged, did flash points, but it never reset to 0 for me. I wonder why it does happen for one but not the other.

I have three times had a character reset from Light V to 0 due to the Section X bug. Now I just don't have any characters whose alignment I care about go to Section X. (It really should've only taken this happening once, but after a while one forgets about it or perhaps one assumes it would be fixed.)

I have three times had a character reset from Light V to 0 due to the Section X bug. Now I just don't have any characters whose alignment I care about go to Section X. (It really should've only taken this happening once, but after a while one forgets about it or perhaps one assumes it would be fixed.)

I went again just now, went and did a FP came out but my allignment is still where it was. Just like all the other times!

I guess we're safe on the red eclipse.:rak_03::rak_02:

Edited by Eshvara

Damn...you guys have scared me away from Section X, that's for sure...

Has anyone had their alignment fixed by CS after this happened?

They told me that they can't adjust our alignments, so as best as I understand , they cannot fix it.