The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Gearing Changes in 5.1.1 and 5.1.2

EricMusco

Just to clear up any confusion, it actually works very similarly to how you have described it. The boost only works through Tier 1 and 2 and it gives a 100% bonus. The only difference between the MTX and Token version is that the MTX version lasts 1-hour longer, which is in line with the current CXP boosts in game.

MTX Boost

100% CXP bonus up to Command Rank 179

3-hour duration

Token Boost

100%CXP bonus up to Command Rank 179

2-hour duration

Hope that clears up any confusion!

-eric

Why not 100% all the way through? i don't think i understood you correctly. The incentive to play your alts at tier 3 is Cause at tier 3 you start ******** on the people who already put in the work to make it to tier 3.

Why at every turn do you intentionally punish people for putting in work? while on the other hand try to promote putting in work on other toons? Do you guys have a clue? like a clue what so ever? do you understand how incentives work? Its so insulting to you veteran player base. The very small small veteran base you guys are so freaking lucky to have left. Instead of the cheesefest you guys put on every stream you should be kissing our asses for 15 minutes cause there are still people here that can say they have been here since launch. Supporting you guys while every decision you make runs this game into the toilet.

This MMO thing isn't freaking rocket science. there is so many examples on how to make a decent mmo. but you guys are so creative. you guys are so special. year after year you ruin an IP that cant lose money. and ignore all the people trying to help you keep this game successful. constantly sticking to your failed and obviously so flawed models.

You're right you have encouraged me to play my alts. I got alts on other games that are worth my time. not this garbage

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't like REAL math don't click the spoiler.

Crap + 250% + 100% + 35% = more crap. More crap doesn't fix the problem or make you want to do more stuff just to get more crap. I don't need more crap. I don't do stuff because I'm short on crap. I have never seen people forming groups so we can grind and grind just to get more crap. Getting crap makes me try other games. I don't want to try other games. They have weird new names to pronounce and new places I have to remember. New weird and offensive people in their general chat. I'm used to the current offensive people in our general chat. I want my Star Wars. Blasters, lightsabers, jawas, and my mount collection. I just need to know that if I do X I have a certain degree of certainty to get Y. It may take a few tries to overcome X. And those lucky SOBs that roll 100's constantly will probably mean I have to do it more than once, but there is certainty. I have been opening packs since around cxp level 208. I am now around cxp level 350. At this rate I will need to reach cxp level 1,800 to get all the 242 gear. Really? Yes each new box all hundred and some odd level's I have been like an addict in denial. "yeah the last pack was bust, but that means the next one will be better". It is never better. Will it ever be better? Don't do this to the game.

Hey folks,

As I mentioned earlier this week, we have quite a few changes planned for gearing over the next few Updates. Let’s go over what they are, when they are happening, and why!

Game Update 5.1.1 – Coming February 7th

• All Command Experience Points (CXP) gains, CXP Boosts, and CXP Legacy Perks are now additive instead of multiplicative.
    • This change is being made to setup for the greatly increased CXP gains that are possible in 5.1.1 (if you love math click the spoiler tag below for what this means in greater detail)

[*]New CXP leveling event. This event will run until Game Update 5.2 in April. During this event all CXP earned will be increased by 250%.

• The goal is that you will earn one crate every 30 minutes or less. The 30 minute time-frame is for a Tier 3 crate (meaning 1 and 2 will be even faster).

[*]All CXP Packs that you earn from drops and Missions are now Bind on Legacy.

• This change is to help a player distribute CXP around their Legacy if they choose to do so.

[*]We are introducing a new 100% CXP boost in addition to the existing 15% and 25% boosts. This boost can be purchased from the Command Token vendor or the Cartel Market. This boost only works up to Command Rank 180 and lasts 2 hours (Command Tokens) or 3 hours (Cartel Market).

• The goal of selling this boost for Command Tokens is that it allows higher Command Rank players to use their Tokens to greatly accelerate leveling their alts (you can also buy them on the CM or GTN).

Game Update 5.1.2 – Coming February 28th

• We will be rebalancing the CXP rewards you earn from Operations. Boss kills will now award more CXP than they did previously. The Operations Weekly has had its CXP reward greatly increased.
    • Operations CXP rewards are below where we would like them to be and so we are increasing their CXP value from both gameplay and Missions.

[*]Group Finder Daily CXP Rewards are being added. Completing the Daily Group Finder Bonus will award you with a bonus CXP Pack.

• We wanted to ensure there were great CXP incentives to participating in Group Finder. By making it a CXP Pack it has the added bonus of being Bind on Legacy so you can use it on whatever character you would like.

[*]The completion Mission for Flashpoints have had their CXP values greatly increased.

• Flashpoint CXP rewards are also below where we would like them be to and so we have added a much larger CXP bonus for completing their respective Missions.

[*]The Flashpoint and Uprising Weekly Missions have had their CXP rewards increased.

• Our goal is to really encourage players to play multiple types of content for the best rewards. We want to encourage playing a diverse set of content, not a singular activity (although you can always still do that if you prefer)

[*]The PvP Daily and Weekly Missions now reward a batch of Unassembled Components.

• This is one of the changes we are making to help players in getting Unassembled Components faster. It also incentivizes dabbling into PvP often.

[*]We have increased the Unassembled Components that are awarded to players after completing Ranked and Unranked Warzones.

• Not only did we want to reward playing Warzones through Missions, but we also wanted to ensure that those of you who play primarily Warzones each day could work towards purchasing gear quicker.

In the future

• Unassembled Components and Legacy. We understand your Legacy is important to you and we agree with that, we are looking at ways to address that in the future.

These are all of the changes you can expect in 5.1.1 and 5.1.2 for Galactic Command. As you can see there is a lot happening and we want to hear what you think. As we go through these updates we will continue to monitor feedback and data to see what other adjustments may need to be made!

-eric

Let’s take a look at what the change from multiplicative to additive means. Warning, if you don’t like math, you’re not going to enjoy this 

The way CXP and its respective boosts work right now is that the % increases multiply with each other, hence the term multiplicative. Assuming that normal CXP gains =100%, this is what multiplicative boosting looks like:

CXP + legacy boost + CXP boost

100% * 10% * 25% = 137.5% CXP earned

Here is a more extreme example to see where this gets complex:

CXP + legacy boost + CXP boost + highlighted activity + DvL Bonus

100% * 10% * 25% * 20% * 15% = 189.75% CXP earned

As you can see, the more boosts you add into the equation the more difficult it becomes to tell how much of a bonus you are actually getting. Since we are going to be running a 250% CXP event and adding a 100% boost. We thought this would be a good time to make that math cleaner for players to figure out and so that our % boost wouldn’t get difficult to manage. Now, the same math from above would look like this:

100% + 10% + 25% = 135% CXP earned

100% + 10% + 25% + 20% + 15% = 170% CXP earned

One thing you will notice is that the % you earn with additive is lower than that of multiplicative. That is one of the reasons that we are making this change under the new event, so that you aren’t actually losing any CXP earned. We also will factor this into future changes to ensure that the additive change isn’t a nerf to the CXP you earn. Especially since our goal is to ensure you are earning it faster, not slower.

Hey Eric,

thanks for the info BUT this won't be much of help for the many people who are trapped on dead servers, except for the increased chance on drops from command crates. We can't do anything with our command tokens except for buying the cxp boost since the total absence of pvp/gsf (on Jar'kai Sword for over 9 months now) and OPs being such a rare occasion that the last I took part in was over a month ago and I have no idea when the next will be possible since many people not only in our guild are gone (most of them forever) and don't subscribe anymore (15 people from 50 members total, while from that 50 many play on other servers mainly meanwhile). In other words there is no way to ever get unassembled stuff in addition to the other 1001 problems on dead servers like infinite queues and the total lock out of content like pvp/gsf.

You CAN'T keep these dead servers up as now for I think VERY obvious reasons. You ignorantly drive new, returning and old players away from this game who happen or happened to roll on such a plain dead server, even harming yourself as a company with that inaction and ignorance since 12+ months now.

The options are, much needed options if not already way too late since many people won't ever return, X server instances for pvp/gsf, ops, fps, etc., server mergers or at least offer legacy and whole guild transfers including decorated strongholds, ships and just everything, and that for free in the current situation you have ignored, increased/worsened for way too long now and is on you and not the customer to fix and suffer from.

Otherwise this game will die rather sooner than later. No game or changes in that game can compensate this kind of incompetence and ignorance keeping literally dead servers on life support with no hope for recovery. It's like wishing/hoping for a drowning man pulling himself out of the water on his own hair... that is the situation on servers like Jar'kai Sword and many others meanwhile.

And that is because you seem to have a thing for harming yourself. Bioware, a masochistic company, or just ignorance, lack of oversight and technical/management incompetence?

It's tragic,any of the possible explanations for this long inactivity addressing this very core issue. Other companies did the right thing in the right time. Bioware does the wrong things in the wrong time...

Please do something about it and wake up from your 12+ months old competent decision making coma.

Edited by Khaleg

Hey folks,

As I mentioned earlier this week, we have quite a few changes planned for gearing over the next few Updates. Let’s go over what they are, when they are happening, and why!

• All Command Experience Points (CXP) gains, CXP Boosts, and CXP Legacy Perks are now additive instead of multiplicative.
    • This change is being made to setup for the greatly increased CXP gains that are possible in 5.1.1 (if you love math click the spoiler tag below for what this means in greater detail)

[*]New CXP leveling event. This event will run until Game Update 5.2 in April. During this event all CXP earned will be increased by 250%.

• The goal is that you will earn one crate every 30 minutes or less. The 30 minute time-frame is for a Tier 3 crate (meaning 1 and 2 will be even faster).

• This change is to help a player distribute CXP around their Legacy if they choose to do so.

[*]We are introducing a new 100% CXP boost in addition to the existing 15% and 25% boosts. This boost can be purchased from the Command Token vendor or the Cartel Market. This boost only works up to Command Rank 180 and lasts 2 hours (Command Tokens) or 3 hours (Cartel Market).

• The goal of selling this boost for Command Tokens is that it allows higher Command Rank players to use their Tokens to greatly accelerate leveling their alts (you can also buy them on the CM or GTN).

• We will be rebalancing the CXP rewards you earn from Operations. Boss kills will now award more CXP than they did previously. The Operations Weekly has had its CXP reward greatly increased.
    • Operations CXP rewards are below where we would like them to be and so we are increasing their CXP value from both gameplay and Missions.

[*]Group Finder Daily CXP Rewards are being added. Completing the Daily Group Finder Bonus will award you with a bonus CXP Pack.

• We wanted to ensure there were great CXP incentives to participating in Group Finder. By making it a CXP Pack it has the added bonus of being Bind on Legacy so you can use it on whatever character you would like.

[*]The completion Mission for Flashpoints have had their CXP values greatly increased.

• Flashpoint CXP rewards are also below where we would like them be to and so we have added a much larger CXP bonus for completing their respective Missions.

[*]The Flashpoint and Uprising Weekly Missions have had their CXP rewards increased.

• Our goal is to really encourage players to play multiple types of content for the best rewards. We want to encourage playing a diverse set of content, not a singular activity (although you can always still do that if you prefer)

[*]The PvP Daily and Weekly Missions now reward a batch of Unassembled Components.

• This is one of the changes we are making to help players in getting Unassembled Components faster. It also incentivizes dabbling into PvP often.

[*]We have increased the Unassembled Components that are awarded to players after completing Ranked and Unranked Warzones.

• Not only did we want to reward playing Warzones through Missions, but we also wanted to ensure that those of you who play primarily Warzones each day could work towards purchasing gear quicker.

In the future

• Unassembled Components and Legacy. We understand your Legacy is important to you and we agree with that, we are looking at ways to address that in the future.

These are all of the changes you can expect in 5.1.1 and 5.1.2 for Galactic Command. As you can see there is a lot happening and we want to hear what you think. As we go through these updates we will continue to monitor feedback and data to see what other adjustments may need to be made!

-eric

Let’s take a look at what the change from multiplicative to additive means. Warning, if you don’t like math, you’re not going to enjoy this 

The way CXP and its respective boosts work right now is that the % increases multiply with each other, hence the term multiplicative. Assuming that normal CXP gains =100%, this is what multiplicative boosting looks like:

As you can see, the more boosts you add into the equation the more difficult it becomes to tell how much of a bonus you are actually getting. Since we are going to be running a 250% CXP event and adding a 100% boost. We thought this would be a good time to make that math cleaner for players to figure out and so that our % boost wouldn’t get difficult to manage. Now, the same math from above would look like this:

One thing you will notice is that the % you earn with additive is lower than that of multiplicative. That is one of the reasons that we are making this change under the new event, so that you aren’t actually losing any CXP earned. We also will factor this into future changes to ensure that the additive change isn’t a nerf to the CXP you earn. Especially since our goal is to ensure you are earning it faster, not slower.

Hi Eric,

I am very excited for these changes. Thank you for all the work on improving the system. I am personally a huge fan of GC concept, since I only started playing in SoR. This allows me to experience all of the content I missed. I love that I am able to do older OPs and Master FPs and still experience the full challenge. I love that I get rewarded no matter what I do. I did think the CxP was very slow and can't wait to try these changes out. I truly believe this is going to be very appreciated after it is experienced. Thank you and thank you for having the 100% boost on the vendor (and for the vendor existing) instead of just CC, from my perspective it is a very nice gesture to the community. In fact, everything you guys have been doing has been a really awesome reaction to the community.

My one questions is, whats next? I know we have an OP coming up and daily zone (I can't wait), but do you guys have plans for another expansion this year? Anything big coming aside from the already mentioned updates? I'm looking forward to the future of SWTOR and can't wait to hear what is coming next.

Thanks again for doing everything you guys do.

Subbed and staying subbed.

Edited by IstariZen

Sadly, Components remain restricted to PvP. I have to get over 1000 additional components to upgrade all my tokens to 242 gear, and I don't enjoy PvP too much, GSF even less. There were many suggestions to have components drop from flashpoints and uprisings to give PvE players a way to upgrade their gear (because seriously, 242 only dropping from NiM bosses is a joke, only a handful guilds can kill NiM endbosses), but you ignored them.

Dude 242 should only be for ppl who can do nightmare. I support this cause i was here when Kell Dragon and Dread Master were a thing. The average and casual player should not have access to gear he will never need, why do you want that gear???

I like both pvp and pve and i m good at both, this doesn't mean other ppl have to share the same opinion. When i saw that in 4.0 everyone could get nightmare gear by farming E.V. and KP that was absurd. You want nightmare gear go do nightmare raids. Before you start runing you ought learn hot to crawl and walk. At least i'm still satisfied that nim mounts can't be accessible to the player that lacks the skill to get such a thing.

I agree the new system is sh*t, but as a pvper and pver i was really pleased with the old system, that was a good system, and they should implement something like it again. Gear for pve and for pvp.

Last expansion i saw so many ppl with 224 gear that could not break the 5 k dps margin and i thought well they have gear but are as good as a potato. Ppl should get what they are entilted regarding their skills, not the same as everyone else. Otherwise there is no point having really good players. The same applies to pvp, which is currently really sad, now everyone gets rewards, they just need to farm it ....

Eric. First let me say thanks for the update.

Here's my feedback. Please read this because I am going to be frank.

The *primary* problem for PvP players is not the rate of getting GC crates, because the crates are junk. You may not think the crates are junk, Ben may not think the crates are junk, and your few remaining users with Stockholm Syndrome may not think the GC crates are junk, but trust the rest of us: they are junk.

They are not exciting, they are junk. Sometimes, even when they drop a set piece, they are junk, because you already have that set piece. This is not exciting, it is table-flip infuriating, because the set piece drops are few and far between.

Increasing the rate you get the Disintegration Crates is not a solution.

Barring a *massive* increase in the loot tables for the crates, which some hoped but no one really expected would happen, the one thing PvP players really wanted to hear was an immediate increase in the rate of unassembled component rewards from WZs. It's good you are planning that. THANK YOU. However, It's bad it is not immediate. VERY bad. Some might even say it is disincentivizing people to spend much time playing now.

It's not going to affect my play habits (except to make me care even less about GC at least until 5.1.2.) However there are those that this news is going to push away, and I suspect they are not few.

Edited by stoopicus

Hi Eric,

I am very excited for these changes. Thank you for all the work on improving the system. I am personally a huge fan of GC concept, since I only started playing in SoR. This allows me to experience all of the content I missed. I love that I am able to do older OPs and Master FPs and still experience the full challenge. I love that I get rewarded no matter what I do. I did think the CxP was very slow and can't wait to try these changes out. I truly believe this is going to be very appreciated after it is experienced. Thank you and thank you for having the 100% boost on the vendor (and for the vendor existing) instead of just CC, from my perspective it is a very nice gesture to the community. In fact, everything you guys have been doing has been a really awesome reaction to the community.

My one questions is, whats next? I know we have an OP coming up and daily zone (I can't wait), but do you guys have plans for another expansion this year? Anything big coming aside from the already mentioned updates? I'm looking forward to the future of SWTOR and can't wait to hear what is coming next.

Thanks again for doing everything you guys do.

Subbed and staying subbed.

Be careful to be flame or ridicule if you like the system. Some people will think you are crazy or something if you like something they don't.

Have a good weekend.

Hey folks,

In the future

-eric

Hi Eric

Unassembled components for lowbie & mid PVP Please

It's good to see you guys are moving forward, but pvpers are still not being rewarded from lowbies and mid pvp. Lots of us only lvl up in pvp because we've done each story 2-4 times, so it's possible we could have multiple alts in all brackets as we lvl.

Can you guys at least reward us people in lowbie and mid pvp with unassembled components for completing those WZs and Weeklies. It would go a long way to us being able to gear up our pvp Alts when we get them to lvl 70.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Be careful to be flame or ridicule if you like the system. Some people will think you are crazy or something if you like something they don't.

Have a good weekend.

I have no problem with the fact he likes GC etc... But this:

"In fact, everything you guys have been doing has been a really awesome reaction to the community."

I know everyone is subjective, but that statement is at least, really debatable. :p

Edited by RswanBing

Have a good weekend.

Thanks and you too.

“You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.”

Edited by IstariZen

it would also be nice to be able to sell duplicate rewards from command creates for unassembled components

for those people whom said ive gotten 3 set gloves at least you could sell them for the components to buy other slots that are needed. just a thought.

Hey folks,

In the future

-eric

Hi Eric

Unless I missed it somewhere in your notes, you didn't mention there would also be a 250% XP boost as well as a 250% CXP boost.

This XP boost is not needed for a lot of people. I dare say it is going to turn me off resubscribing again (which I considered doing). I only lvl in pvp and enjoy playing all brackets, I'm currently lvling up about 20 Alts. When you add boosted XP I have to stop playing them or I can max them out in a few days.

With the way gearing is and will be till about April, the only saving grace for me to not worry about RNG gearing is pre70 pvp. It's the only reason I was going to resub (which runs out 5th Feb). If you add this 250% XP you will remove the last bastion of enjoyable pvp for myself and many others..

For us pvp should be skill vs skill and at the moment it's gear vs gear.

Please give us the option to turn off the 250% XP boost.

Beta player, founder, etc. here. Was subscribed till Shadow or Revan, came back recently to see 2 latest add-ons.

Unless RNG system will be changed to something more logical and alt friendly me and my wife plan to cancel subscriptions as soon as we finish story line.

Current system is terrible and it doesn't matter how many crates you can open in 30 minutes.

I remember I was able to play on multiple characters and was able to gear them according to investing time and needs. Now it's all random and grind and it won't make it better if grind will be faster. I did 26 levels on my gunslinger (skipping story) and I've get bored enough with RNG. I can't imagine myself doing it till level 200 just to get theoretical change to obtain top gear and then grind more and more to actually get something useful. Repeat it on multiple alts? No, thanks but no.

Dear developers, I hope opinions of your customers will matter. Otherwise you'll have less customers, right?

Oh boy I can't wait to get gc boxes that always have crap in them much more fast, all that useless crap that isn't gear is very helpful :^) I've only gotten 1 piece of tier gear from gc boxes since launch and all 3 toons I play are in gc tier 2. But at least I can always just do hundreds of pvp matches(that have to be wins or you only get 2) to get 5 components when single pieces of tier 1 gear range from 75 to 100 components in price, good thing my vanguard still has his old 208 ilvl pvp pieces :^). In the old system I could've already had all my toons in full pvp gear, but Ben"Thrill of The Hunt™"Irving thought that was too practical and that the game was too alt friendly I guess lol.

Hi Eric

Unless I missed it somewhere in your notes, you didn't mention there would also be a 250% XP boost as well as a 250% CXP boost.

This XP boost is not needed for a lot of people. I dare say it is going to turn me off resubscribing again (which I considered doing). I only lvl in pvp and enjoy playing all brackets, I'm currently lvling up about 20 Alts. When you add boosted XP I have to stop playing them or I can max them out in a few days.

With the way gearing is and will be till about April, the only saving grace for me to not worry about RNG gearing is pre70 pvp. It's the only reason I was going to resub (which runs out 5th Feb). If you add this 250% XP you will remove the last bastion of enjoyable pvp for myself and many others..

I hope they give you the option to turn it off, that seems like a pretty reasonable thing.

I personally want the boost so that I can level up some alts, quickly.

Edited by IstariZen

I hope they give you the option to turn it off and not just cancel it. I want to level up my alts with the boost.

Yeah, I don't want to ruin it for others.

It's just annoying that they add these boosts and don't consider people who don't want them.

A few years ago there was an uproar about not having an option to turn it off, so they gave us a way to do it. Then they took it away after a few times of XP boost.

Everytime they do a boost now, there are people still asking them for the option to turn it off. But its not as loud as before because lots of people have left and new people actually want to lvl fast.

On top of that, the gearing and CXP issue is at the top of everyone's priority list, so I suspect this issue will be drowned out. It's why I started a thread as well, in the hope other people who would like this back in the game, will see it and let Eric know. I even sent him a PM too.

Hi Eric

I used to feel this way. And I like to level with PvP. But since 5.0 leveling is a drag because all rewards are gated at level 70. If they adopted the suggestion of components and tokens in lowbies and midbies then I'd be happy keeping it slow. You could earn stuff toward end game while leveling like in earlier versions. But as of now, pre-70 gives nothing so I would welcome a boost (with opt out for those who don't want) so long as we're not getting components.

I imagine they're doing this so that only subscribers get end game stuff since you need to subscribe for GC. But there are other ways to even deal with that...

Yea I guess it really depends on what they mean by 250%. If they mean exactly what was stated "During this event all CXP earned will be increased by 250%." That would mean 1000 with no other bonuses would change to 3500. Since an increase of 100% would mean that 1000 would be 2000, an increase of 200% would be 3000 and so on. But if they mean that CXP is now 2.5x higher than before then 1000 would be 2500. So lets hope they mean exactly what they say.

They mean 2.5x. Source: http://www.swtor.com/info/in-game-events

From story missions to PvP Warzones to Starfighter battles, level up at 2.5x the speed -- up to Level 70!

I know that's talking about regular XP, but it's clear that 250% = 2.5x. :(

....which means that the 30 mins per crate at tier 3 levels is never gonna happen. No way. Basic math is hard, apparently. :(

I'm still in tier 1 on my Merc, level 86. It takes 3900 CXP to get one level. I have the +10% CXP perk. I get about 700 CXP per warzone win. It usually takes about 20 minutes per warzone with queue times on Harbinger. So 2.5 x 700 = 1750, which means I would need two warzones (about 40 minutes) to get 3500 CXP, still not even a single level at the top end of tier 1....in 40 minutes.

Math is hard. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by teclado

They mean 2.5x. Source: http://www.swtor.com/info/in-game-events

I know that's talking about regular XP, but it's clear that 250% = 2.5x. :(

....which means that the 30 mins per crate at tier 3 levels is never gonna happen. No way. Basic math is hard, apparently. :(

I'm still in tier 1 on my Merc, level 86. It takes 3900 CXP to get one level. I have the +10% CXP perk. I get about 700 CXP per warzone win. It usually takes about 20 minutes per warzone with queue times on Harbinger. So 2.5 x 700 = 1750, which means I would need two warzones (about 40 minutes) to get 3500 CXP, still not even a single level at the top end of tier 1....in 40 minutes.

Math is hard. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sadly it is not clear still. It is clear that regular XP will be 2.5x normal, but the wording everywhere else implies that it will be 250% extra for CXP.

For example

"During this event all CXP earned will be increased by 250%. The goal is that you will earn one crate every 30 minutes or less. The 30 minute time-frame is for a Tier 3 crate (meaning 1 and 2 will be even faster)."

With 4990 cxp needed every half hour, the only way to do this would be to make it plus 250% making your average warzone which is around 700 turn into 2450. He also said increased by not multiplied by. Very different meaning.

Then there is this

"Level up through your Command Ranks faster than ever before with a 250% experience boost! " Now on the section for regular XP, they clearly state level 2.5 times faster but for this section they say 250% boost, not level 2.5 times faster. Why pick different wording if they mean the same thing?

Although I am probably putting way too much faith in them meaning exactly what they are stating. What I fear is that they are actually only giving us a 150% increase and expecting everyone to also use the 100% booster to get them to their goal of 1 crate every half hour. However, that utterly fails their goal since the boost only works until the end of tier 2. It would really be nice if they clarified the math on how exactly this will work and what bonuses will stack and which will not. Sadly we will probably just have to wait until Tuesday to find out if we are pleasantly surprised that it is actually a +250% or realize our fears were justified after all.

Please Eric prove me wrong about that.

Edited by HelinCarnate