Unsubbing

KeyboardNinja

All you people throwing out those jokes... you have no idea, do you? Heh.

Hey KB, thanks for making me a better tank... back in a day when I alted one, your theory crafting was what I spent a lot of time pouring over.

But I guess there is little need for theory-crafting now, is there? Raid content and game difficulty that required that kind of precision isn't really there anymore.

Take care, whatever game community you end up after this, if any, will be super lucky to have you.

Edited by rheia

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At one point, it was very fashionable for players ragequitting SWTOR to post their unsubscription rant in this subforum. Then unsubbing became more common (partially because of F2P), and I think also people got tired of reading the rants. Call me old fashioned, but I'm posting mine.

I have just canceled my subscription, and for the first time in over five years, I will not have an active SWTOR account. In the unsubscription form, you're asked to write some free-form text describing why you're leaving. This was mine:

Since I was at one point quite well known on these forums, and since I still have several pinned threads on the class forums, I thought it was appropriate that the last ("most recent") post in my profile would be this one. I did everything in the game. Twice. (thanks Jessie Sky! next time listen to what I say when you ask for my opinion on something) I had a lot of fun over the years, but it's clear that those years are past and not future.

We all go at one point or another... whomever we are.

I didn't see a form to give feed back. Maybe I just did it wrong because all I did was unlink my payment details. Is there another way to do it?

Yeah, there's an actual button to unsub. I mean, your way will work, but if you use the button, you get the box to leave feedback.

Hey for all we know he helped come up with all of it.

Anyways. Good work with all the stuff you've done on the forums here, a boon to many no doubt. But yes, it's been a long while since this game has held much enjoyment for me as well. You'll be missed by those you know you! :)

You could do what I've been doing for the last 2-3 years, keep a sub just to get Cartel Coins each month that you'll never spend (well mostly never spend hehe!).

EDIT: I too have been here since December 13, 2011.....go us for non stop subs!

But hey they gave us an awesome statue right? For 5 years of NON STOP subscription. Through the thick and the thin.....

Yeah, there's an actual button to unsub. I mean, your way will work, but if you use the button, you get the box to leave feedback.

Used to be on the subscription page, couldn't find it last time I tried to unsub.

Anyway, what can I say KBN..

I didn't actually know you were still around, but reading through your post I can only agree.

And while I am probably able to take a slightly harder punch since I recently took a leave of absence for over a year, the truth is that the game is quite a mess right now. The only thing that keeps me engaged right now is old friends that only recently gave the game another shot. If it wasn't for the people.. the game alone wouldn't do it for me anymore either.

See ya around, maybe.

I didn't/don't have that option. All I could do was unlink my credit details and now it says unsubbed.

Oh well, I sent Eric a PM to tell him the reason.

It should be from "My SWTOR" on this very site. The "Edit Subscription" option is on the right side of the page.

They need all of our feedback!

KBN,

Wanted to drop in and say thank you for all you've done for the game and community over the years. As someone who is trying to evaluate where he is with the game I can completely understand your decision.

Last few weeks I've been playing ESO, FF, and Legion to try and get a feel for where to focus next and I think WoW/Legion seems to be it for me. As I play those games and I begin to better understand the amount of content in comparison to this one...well it is a real eye opener compared to just reading about it on paper.

Best of luck to you in the future.

It should be from "My SWTOR" on this very site. The "Edit Subscription" option is on the right side of the page.

They need all of our feedback!

Yeah, I tried that and I really want to give them feed back. Here is a copy paste of the steps I took

Recurring 30 days subscription

Next billing date: 02/05/2017

Edit Subscription (clicked this)

It takes me to the plans page which I've copied and pasted below. Obviously the graphics aren't there, only the text.

Subscription Plans

You have 5 days of subscription play time remaining.

Purchasing a subscription plan is the fastest way to level up, get more content, and receive unrestricted access to the game.

ONE TIME PURCHASE

60 Days

$29.99 USD

Non-Recurring

Billed once, Game time is immediately added to your account

BUY NOW

RECURRING SUBSCRIPTION

30 Days

$14.99 USD

Per Month

Billed every 30 days

SUBSCRIBED

90 Days

$13.99 USD

Per Month

$41.97 USD Billed every 90 days

BUY NOW

BEST DEAL

180 Days

$12.99 USD

Per Month

$77.94 USD Billed every 180 days

Buy Now

Total is VAT/GST inclusive where applicable.

Show your payment history

Change billing method

Game Time CodeTo extend your play time, you can also redeem a Game Time Code.

My only option is to go into change billing method and remove payment options I have saved.

Can't blame you. I've found a way to make it work for me at the moment, but I fully understand anyone who's had enough by now.

I mostly play because of my guildies cause we have fun together at least as a group in spite of everything and borked as the gearing system is at least it feels like I'm progressing again. I do think SWTOR is a good game as such but the slow release on new content has been an issue for a while now. I am glad some content is coming at least with 5.2 but it's been a long time coming.

Sorry to see you go. I read every one of your posts back in the old days, trying to get to grips with every number, decimal, cool-down, rotation and the rest. - I can't claim I understood it all - since I'm no maths whiz. - But I sure appreciate all you did for this game, and all the hard work you put in.

Shame the game has gotten to the stage when legends like this can't follow any more.....

Cheers.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

KBN,

Wanted to drop in and say thank you for all you've done for the game and community over the years. As someone who is trying to evaluate where he is with the game I can completely understand your decision.

Last few weeks I've been playing ESO, FF, and Legion to try and get a feel for where to focus next and I think WoW/Legion seems to be it for me. As I play those games and I begin to better understand the amount of content in comparison to this one...well it is a real eye opener compared to just reading about it on paper.

Best of luck to you in the future.

Yep, been doing the same thing with a couple of guildmates lately to find a new home for the guild (while the majority of them pass the time in Ark). In getting ready to present it in two weeks, I created a small spreadsheet with the Pros and Cons of each (since our 15 year old guild tends to move en masse). Creating that spreadsheet, especially the part of content released since Dec 2014 was the shocking eye opener about just how little new content SWTOR has put out compared to their competition. Heck, even TSW, run by a small $20 million company has put out more content than SWTOR in the last couple of years.

Edited by Wayshuba

Thank you for all you have done for all of us over the years. Your posts about defensive stat optimization have been most helpful to countless players. As long there is anything left of the old guard, the raiding community will not forget you. Sorry to see you go, farewell.