Quinn, Dorne or neither?

Kheld

From Dulfy.

http://dulfy.net/2017/01/26/swtor-jan-26-producers-livestream-coverage/

New storyline – Return to Iokath. Scouts from the Alliance, Republic, and Sith have all arrived on Iokath. You, as the alliance commander, need to pick which side you will be on and take the super weapon. You can side with the opposite faction from your starting faction (i.e. Empire players can side with Republic and vice versa)

Returning companions – Quinn and Elara. If you side with the Empire, Quinn will return. If you side with Republic, Elara will return.

So I have to choose which companion I want & lose the other?

WHY make us choose?

When you create a new toon, you don't get both you only get one and it has to be a warrior or soldier. Not seeing what is unfair here.

The most likely scenario will be you get one for the story and the other you can get from the companion recovery terminal. Similar to the Vette/Torian scenario. So my guess is if you want to see both the Quinn and Elara stories you will have to do the new Iokath story twice. No real hardship as they are supposedly repeatable.

Edited by Zhedzaban

But what about your choice affecting the story and future recruitment of other companions? There is a lot of speculation about it.. like " if you're a JC and chose Quinn, you on't be able to recruit Zenith again" or "if you're a DS SW and chose Elara, say bye-bye to DS Jaesa forever" . I kinda see this as a lose-lose situation.

I actually like this. Our choices matter. I wanted something that our choices matter and so did a lot of other people. It really is time that our choices have a choice.

Sure the speculation is that we might not be able to recruit some, some are republic patriots and some are stih patriots so it would reason that those would not want to be part of an alliance that supports the other side. That is par for the course.

We can't shoehorn those companions into a role that doesn't fit for them.

But there are others that really have no loyalty to either side and those would fit either way.

As I said, finally choices that actually matter.

• 5 months later...
For some reason I didn't get either.... My LS SI sided with the Sith since she prefers to honor her alliances. (So basically, ALL my characters will pick the Sith for this reason... Even my DS characters are honorable.) But Quinn never joined my alliance. I hate him, but I'm annoyed that I didn't get either character.

From Dulfy.

http://dulfy.net/2017/01/26/swtor-jan-26-producers-livestream-coverage/

New storyline – Return to Iokath. Scouts from the Alliance, Republic, and Sith have all arrived on Iokath. You, as the alliance commander, need to pick which side you will be on and take the super weapon. You can side with the opposite faction from your starting faction (i.e. Empire players can side with Republic and vice versa)

Returning companions – Quinn and Elara. If you side with the Empire, Quinn will return. If you side with Republic, Elara will return.

So I have to choose which companion I want & lose the other?

WHY make us choose?

Because you are picking a side, why would Elara who is loyal to the republic continue to aid you if your allegiance is to the Empire and thus her enemy?

Not the first time a returned companion ends up dead or estranged.

I went empire, and I'm still going to kill Quinn the very first chance I get.

For some reason I didn't get either.... My LS SI sided with the Sith since she prefers to honor her alliances. (So basically, ALL my characters will pick the Sith for this reason... Even my DS characters are honorable.) But Quinn never joined my alliance. I hate him, but I'm annoyed that I didn't get either character.

You might be bugged, check the terminal in your Odessen base and see if you can call him from that.