Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

So that...was my very first experience with my beloved Captain. :D

After reading your little story Luna all I can ask is: Was this your first Bioware game? I'm simply curious. :)

I've played pretty much every Bioware game so I had some idea of what to expect insofar as romances go even so Quinn's betrayal still came out of left field for my first time through as a fem SW.

When SWTOR eventually goes off-line I hope they re-release it as a proper SP game I'd buy it in a heartbeat. :D

I know it's idiotic, but I'm pretty sure my Empire/Republic decision will come down to this.

That is hilarious! Thanks for sharing.

I think the real issue with the Quinn incident is when it happens:

[*]First off, in my first play-through, their relationship had gotten to the point where they'd only kissed once or twice before the betrayal. I didn’t feel it was by any means a deep relationship at that point, just a testing the waters sort of thing. My Wrath gave Quinn the cold shoulder for awhile and ultimately started speaking to him on a personal level after Baras' death, which is when he finally stopped suppressing his feelings and revealed them to her. Had they been married and discussing kids before the betrayal like other players’ play-throughs, I bet I might have an entirely different perspective!

This is what I did too and it made a huge difference. His behavior and decisions made sense, and my warrior was able to respect him for playing the game so well. All in all, what he did was a very Sithy thing to do and she understood. They chose to go on hating Baras together and Quinn's betrayal became the beginning catalyst for their relationship.

I heard that when the devs changed the companion conversation triggers, the bulk of Quinn's romance was made to happen after the betrayal now and not before. Can anyone confirm if this is true? If it is then that is a great change, because it's the type of playthrough that I always recommend to anyone who wants to make the Quinn romance feel more natural.

Can I also just say that I love how Quinn is all hesitant at first but ends up getting really into it and even uses the male aggressive kissing animation where he grabs her by the waist and forcefully pulls her to him. You gotta have guts to do that to a sith (though Vette is the same way, hm..maybe the SW just gives off an "I secretly want to be dominated" vibe lol). Also that email he sends you, the "infant contingency report" :D

Yeah, that whole grab/kiss thing did it for me. If I recall, only Quinn, Andronikus and Corso do that animation. Although with Quinn it was more adorable because he had to put aside a lot of his inhibitions and break through a lot of personal barriers. (Lol, you could be right about the SW thing.)

After reading your little story Luna all I can ask is: Was this your first Bioware game? I'm simply curious. :)

I've played pretty much every Bioware game so I had some idea of what to expect insofar as romances go even so Quinn's betrayal still came out of left field for my first time through as a fem SW.

When SWTOR eventually goes off-line I hope they re-release it as a proper SP game I'd buy it in a heartbeat. :D

Yep it was, as a matter of fact, my first. I was familiar with some of their stuff through my son who plays all kinds of games, but for me to play, yes, this was my first. (My son actually got the hubby and me to play this). I mostly played Asian grinding games prior to this (which is one reason why I laugh whenever anyone here starts bishing and moaning about how the xp is so slow and such a grind. I'm like try grinding for 4 hours for 1%. :D ) Needless to say, my time here has spoiled me...I don't think I could go back to that kind of grind, cause I'm starting to whine about the CXP grind lol.

Edited by Lunafox

That is hilarious! Thanks for sharing.

I think the real issue with the Quinn incident is when it happens:

This is what I did too and it made a huge difference. His behavior and decisions made sense, and my warrior was able to respect him for playing the game so well. All in all, what he did was a very Sithy thing to do and she understood. They chose to go on hating Baras together and Quinn's betrayal became the beginning catalyst for their relationship.

I heard that when the devs changed the companion conversation triggers, the bulk of Quinn's romance was made to happen after the betrayal now and not before. Can anyone confirm if this is true? If it is then that is a great change, because it's the type of playthrough that I always recommend to anyone who wants to make the Quinn romance feel more natural.

Yes, the recent play through has the bulk of the romance 'after' the betrayal, so it does put a different spin on everything.

Yes, the recent play through has the bulk of the romance 'after' the betrayal, so it does put a different spin on everything.

Makes it less heart wrenching, you know, if that's your thing :p I'm kinda glad it happened to me the same as with Luna, while married. Made it more poignant I guess.

I know it's idiotic, but I'm pretty sure my Empire/Republic decision will come down to this.

Oh this is brilliant and quite accurate too!

I started playing the game later than most here it seems—end 2015. I did sign up back in 2013 as well but didn't play much then and once I acquired Quinn, companion conversations were as such that you didn't get to marry Quinn prior to the betrayal. We were still just, flirting and teasing mostly but it gutted me nonetheless. I really liked him, he grew on me unexpectedly (because my first reaction was 'pah, lame Imperial soldier, I want a yummy like Scourge') and I'd began hoping Quinn would be the big 'lets get married and make babies' romance but then the betrayal happened and I was like "what? No. I wanted him, I love him, why are they doing this? Stupid game, this isn't fun at all!" ... I think I did end up like, slapping him or choking him, I know there was like an angry type of response I believe and I was pissed off. Granted more with the game and writing than him but lol. I forgave him eventually though and continued the romance because he is so, stunningly wonderful. I'm dead excited to get him back.

Of course my fiance rolled his eyes and facepalmed when he got home and the first thing I did was squeal and cheer about Quinn returning but hey. ;)

Makes it less heart wrenching, you know, if that's your thing :p I'm kinda glad it happened to me the same as with Luna, while married. Made it more poignant I guess.

Agreed, it was pretty devastating, but it certainly stuck with me, as an unforgettable experience. Never thought a game could wrench that kind of emotion out of a person until then.

I played through it long long ago and my Sith divorced him after the betrayal. I still received the kotfe letter though so I think their relationship is still on. I could see her returning to him. How can you say no when he comes to you with his cute little face and asks spaceflix and chill? :D:D haha. Love that animation. Edited by americanaussie

Yay! Quinn's back!

I finally get to put that traitorous coward out of his misery... hopefully slowly & painfully :mad::D Not only did you betray me, but then after I let you live (mostly.... in my head canon I chopped off pieces, and put him back together with cybernetic parts) you went to Acina instead of following through with your pledge to serve me!

"You've failed me for the last time...." :csw_vader:

If course I'm a guy, and unlike all these feely mushy ladies here... he gets no love from me. :D

God forgives...I DON'T. :mad:

Edited by ImmortalLowlife

Am I the only one that wanted the (romanced) betrayal scene to go like this?:

Quinn: "I made these droids to kill you"

SW: "I'm pregnant."

If I was drinking anything it would be all over the monitor right now, brilliant

If course I'm a guy, and unlike all these feely mushy ladies here... he gets no love from me.

Bah! You just.. don't.. know him! Like we do. And, and..shut up! :p

Yay! Quinn's back!

If course I'm a guy, and unlike all these feely mushy ladies here... he gets no love from me. :D

Oi watch who you're calling a lady! I'm a guy too! :p My fem SW is positively giddy at the prospect at getting Quinn back. So :p

Am I the only one that wanted the (romanced) betrayal scene to go like this?:

Quinn: "I made these droids to kill you"

SW: "I'm pregnant."

Oh god I wish... Bioware haven't done anything like that for a PC ever in any of their romances and I doubt they ever will.

Edited by OfficerDonNZ

Oi watch who you're calling a lady! I'm a guy too! :p My fem SW is positively giddy at the prospect at getting Quinn back. So :p

Oh god I wish... Bioware haven't done anything like that for a PC ever in any of their romances and I doubt they ever will.

The closest I can think of as far as troll-y romance dialogue is in Dragon Age: Inquisition if you're in a romance with the Iron Bull you are talking and can say something like "I assumed we were getting married" which freaks him out end ends up being an intentional troll comment XD

It's called forgiveness and understanding, look into it. My SW understood that Baras forced his hand. What is he, a mere human going to do against a powerful Sith lord like Baras? It's basically a death sentence Baras put on him, either Baras kills him, or SW does. Sith Warrior saw the value in his intelligence and strategic thinking and knew Baras would want to part SW from her strategy man...by putting Quinn in this position, he would be depriving SW of their strategizer and analyser. A smart SW would see this and keep Quinn, if for no other reason than to spite and defeat Baras. My SW just happened to be married and in love with him, so she understood. I imagine they had a good talk about it, and vowed never to keep such things secret again.

Stockholm Syndrome isn't applicable in this case, because we are not a prisoner who loves our 'captor'.

You think Quinnmancers are weird, what about all the folks wanting Arcann love? It'd be like loving Hitler...he killed millions by trashing all those worlds, but some want to love him. Go figure. By comparison, I think we Quinnmancers are pretty tame lol. Besides, didn't you see the part about haters in the title? :p

Luna, don't forget all the people wanting to romance Vaylin which would was worse than Quinn would ever be.

Luna, don't forget all the people wanting to romance Vaylin which would was worse than Quinn would ever be.

Oh, I haven't forgotten. Still a bit stunned by that. I still refer to her as "NailzOnChalkboard." You figure, once they get tired of the 'hawtness' they'd have to listen to that voice. *shudder*

And quite honestly, she's not so 'hawt' anymore, since her KoTET makeover.

While I have no interest in romancing Quinn, I agree its grate that he is coming back.

While I doubt the devs will check in, I hope to hell they don't put anything in about taking revenge on a betrayal that took place 5 or 6 years ago. You didn't kill him when be betrayed you waiting 6 years or so to do it makes you the pettiest pathetic excuse for a person going.

So please don't have something along the lines of 'You remember 6 years ago when I let you go for doing what you thought was right, since then I have forgiven Koth, Senya, Arcann, Scorpio, Aric and lots of others but you...you I'm going to kill cause I have since changed my mind about letting you live cause I'm pathetic!'

Oh, I haven't forgotten. Still a bit stunned by that. I still refer to her as "NailzOnChalkboard." You figure, once they get tired of the 'hawtness' they'd have to listen to that voice. *shudder*

And quite honestly, she's not so 'hawt' anymore, since her KoTET makeover.

Yeah, it always amazes me how much hate Quinn (and Koth!) get when there are other companions who have done far worse. Kaliyo and Vaylin come to mind. I felt marginally less hateful towards Vaylin when I learned of her back story, but not much. Something about her voice grates on me too, although sometimes her lines are so "cartoon villain" that I do get a laugh out it them.

I dread the possibility that they will "make over" our characters like they did with the KOTFE NPC's. Some people have even been asking for this and I just cringe at the thought. Senya looks awful in KOTET, like her face is smudged with dirt all the time, and I really dislike it. Then again, all shadows have been wonky for me ever since 5.0 dropped and it's bugging me.