Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

I'm pretty sure it's someone else. Whoever the other VA is, he has a much flatter, lower voice than Quinn's normal VA. The accent is also vaguely off. Quinn's normal VA pronounces every word as if it were its own sentence: very clipped and precise.

*overload of details* My mom is good with recognizing actors. I'm mildly adept with recognizing *voice* actors. XD Or at least peoples' voices in general...ish sort of kind of.

Quinn: ... *blink blink blink* *BLUSH*

Weeeeeeell, don't get shy now...

Quinn: Er. Right. *clears throat* My lord, while I appreciate your...fl-flirtations...*voice squeaks; clears his throat again* You must know that this is all very confusing for me. *You* flirt with me. Other...Sith...fangirls??...seem to want nothing more than to fawn all over me. And yet OTHER Sith Warriors - all of whom seem to share one of two voices - want to kill me in the most excruciatingly painful ways known to man...and several alien races besides. I'm just the slightest bit overwhelmed by all of this. On top of that, going from this "meta"...thing...I apparently am married to various Sith Lords of all different species, treated as anything from a valued slave to a partner in my own right, had affairs with various male characters (which I MUST protest!), father of I don't even know how many children, and in some continuities, DEAD. And existing as a Force-ghost. To be tormented further. And still very much dead. I'm...*deep breath*...perfectly fine with all of this, of course. My lord. If you so will. *more eyelid twitching*

(Edit: whoo that was long :D At this rate, we're going to drive Quinn completely over the edge by April. XD)

I'm really good at picking out voices too. I'll remember a voice over a name or sometimes even a face. I'll know if I've heard you before. I suppose there is no way we'll ever find out for sure. I'll likely have to find the clip and have another good listen to it, it's been a while since I've heard it last.

He hee, poor Quinn. We do play rough with our toys don't we?

Darth Lunafox: Poor Captain. That is quite a burden. Have a nice cup of relaxing Ansionian tea. And a nice cookie. I have an abundance of...cookies, Malavai. Delicious darkside cookies. Much better yes? *devilish smile* :p

@Nefla: It's a bit high-pitched for Scourge, but other than that...huh, now that you've pointed it out, it *does* almost sound like him. o_O

Darth Lunafox: Poor Captain. That is quite a burden. Have a nice cup of relaxing Ansionian tea. And a nice cookie. I have an abundance of...cookies, Malavai. Delicious darkside cookies. Much better yes? *devilish smile* :p

Regardless of RP-Quinn's eventual mental state, this is fun. :D

Quinn: ...I am...very tempted by your offer, my lord. *eyeing the cookies* Those look delectable. However...*eyeing the smile* ...that looks worrisome. I hope the cookies don't contain chemicals meant to rewire my brain--

Agent: *cough*

Quinn: --or a colony of starving kretch insects--

Smuggler: That was MY idea.

Skavak: It was actually MY idea. *glare*

Smuggler: I Dirty Kicked you to death, so stay dead.

Quinn: WOULD YOU PLEASE NOT INTERRUPT.

Skavak and Smuggler: *blow raspberries at Quinn...until they realize the other is also doing it, whereupon they promptly get into a giant fistfight/shootout/Dirty Kicking contest*

Quinn: *cringing and trying to get back to whatever topic was at hand* ...o-or somehow turn me into a Sith, or anything else that might, erm...compromise my ability to serve the Empire.

Quinn: ...I am...very tempted by your offer, my lord. *eyeing the cookies* Those look delectable. However...*eyeing the smile* ...that looks worrisome. I hope the cookies don't contain chemicals meant to rewire my brain--

Skavak and Smuggler: *blow raspberries at Quinn...until they realize the other is also doing it, whereupon they promptly get into a giant fistfight/shootout/Dirty Kicking contest*

Quinn: *cringing and trying to get back to whatever topic was at hand* ...o-or somehow turn me into a Sith, or anything else that might, erm...compromise my ability to serve the Empire.

*shuffles over with a box of bottles* I think this might be more in order. Choices are: Amaretto, some not sure how old spiced rum and the mystery bottle of tequila from the back of the fridge.

@Nefla: It's a bit high-pitched for Scourge, but other than that...huh, now that you've pointed it out, it *does* almost sound like him. o_O

I'm still thinking it is based on the accent and inflections. There are a lot of voice actors who have a huge range such as Steve Blum who did both First Enchanter Irving AND Oghren in Dragon Age: Origins :o But even so it doesn't make any sense as to why they'd have a different VA do one line for a different character. Since I have nothing better to do, I spliced them next to each other for comparison :o

Edited by Nefla

I'm still thinking it is based on the accent and inflections. There are a lot of voice actors who have a huge range such as Steve Blum who did both First Enchanter Irving AND Oghren in Dragon Age: Origins :o But even so it doesn't make any sense as to why they'd have a different VA do one line for a different character. Since I have nothing better to do, I spliced them next to each other for comparison :o

Well holy crud, it DOES sound like Scourge. o_O

*shuffles over with a box of bottles* I think this might be more in order. Choices are: Amaretto, some not sure how old spiced rum and the mystery bottle of tequila from the back of the fridge.

Quinn: *complete and utter silence because I, Jagaimee, am writing the dialogue, and as I'm nowhere near legally old enough to drink, I don't even know what those drinks are :p*

Quinn: *glares at me*

What? That's not MY fault!

Quinn: *sigh* At this rate, I'll end up going with whatever is most potent. -_- ...wait. Unless there's yet another Sith offering the bottle. In which case I am inclined to be extremely cautious.

@Nefla :eek: Side by side like that it does sound a bit like Scourge doesn't it. Wow.

@Jagaimee he hee, it is fun isn't it. Poor Malavai. Whatever will be left by the time we're all done with him?

Darth Lunafox: Not to worry, Captain, they won't turn you into anything dark...and unnatural. *glances over at Smuggler and Skavak and frowns.* It seems we already have enough of that. Perhaps Limariko has the right idea--a libation might be a welcome respite. But none for you, Captain, I want you running at peak efficiency. *sits down and puts feet up*

It's likely he changes his voice to deeper etc to act as Malavai, many VA's don't sound like half their characters on a normal non-work day, only for that character.so it very well could be the same actor who had an off day or moment when doing those particular lines. Voice acting requires a 100% well voice and throat, to get specific and consistent voice sound etc. He may very well sound a bit different if same VA for when he returns, because if Quinn's isn't his proper / normal day to day sounding voice he'll have to be mimicking it to get it the same sound, deepness, accent etc. and how long has it been since he last voiced the character.

Nope. I watched Quinn's VA in a modern drama where he spoke in his normal voice. It's still a lot more Quinn than this guy. It's another person, I'm certain of that. His voice is more nasal, different accent.

It's likely he changes his voice to deeper etc to act as Malavai, many VA's don't sound like half their characters on a normal non-work day, only for that character.so it very well could be the same actor who had an off day or moment when doing those particular lines. Voice acting requires a 100% well voice and throat, to get specific and consistent voice sound etc. He may very well sound a bit different if same VA for when he returns, because if Quinn's isn't his proper / normal day to day sounding voice he'll have to be mimicking it to get it the same sound, deepness, accent etc. and how long has it been since he last voiced the character.

I think Quinn's voice is Mr. Teverson's regular speaking voice, I've seen him in other things and he sounds the same. Natasha Little, on the other hand, sounds completely different when she's speaking normally:

By the way, gotta love this clip, Quinn and agent together. Even if you don't know what they look like (and I suspect most of us in this thread do) you'll definitely know their voices :D

Edited by grania

I think Quinn's voice is Mr. Teverson's regular speaking voice, I've seen him in other things and he sounds the same. Natasha Little, on the other hand, sounds completely different when she's speaking normally:

He doesn't sound this clipped, well... not always, anyway. But yeah, he's easily recognisable.

By the way, gotta love this clip, Quinn and agent together. Even if you don't know what they look like (and I suspect most of us in this thread do) you'll definitely know their voices :D

I watched this film like 5 times now. I love them together especially since my male Agent is Malavai's younger brother :D

I agree with the OP that I love that Quinn will come back.

I cant stress of how much I will love to slowly torture him and dissect him :p

Wrong thread, buddy, wrong thread. Go back to yours.

Btw, do we know if Quinn Reunion, I mean War for Iokath is coming in early or late April? Makes a difference, husband wants to go to c2e2 but I'm not seeing much there that interests me and I don't want to be biting my nails to get back home if 5.2 goes live~

Btw, do we know if Quinn Reunion, I mean War for Iokath is coming in early or late April? Makes a difference, husband wants to go to c2e2 but I'm not seeing much there that interests me and I don't want to be biting my nails to get back home if 5.2 goes live~

I'm selfishly hoping before the 19th, as that's my birthday and there'd be nothing better than to unwrap a freshly returned Quinn... :o

Cant wait to see if they remembered to add special dialog for those who...

...forced Quinn into relationship anyway against his will after refusing marriage.

Lol... that would be... interesting. That makes me wonder if they also wrote in a reunion for the option for those not involved with him romantically, but still ordering him to be the father of their children...? :D

Hee I'll cross my fingers for you then x)

Heh thanks! :D

Lol... that would be... interesting. That makes me wonder if they also wrote in a reunion for the option for those not involved with him romantically, but still ordering him to be the father of their children...? :D

Yeah one of my SW basically demoted him to no more than a 'sperm donor' so I'm eager to see what their reunion will be like and if she'll be allowed to pick up the romance again regardless since ample time has passed and she may have changed her mind.

"Welcome back Quinn. I hope you're plenty rested because you owe me six years worth of your best swimmers, get to it."

Edited by JennyFlynn

I'm hoping for 10th/11th, since that's when the XP boost ends. So the boost until the patch, and the patch be 5.2.

I'll be greatly disappointed if it's a few weeks later.

Going from how they've done things in the past, XP boost until patchday and new content goes live on a Tuesday'll be how it plays out. I'm still going to hold off a couple days from that to hear what's glitched this time.

Going from how they've done things in the past, XP boost until patchday and new content goes live on a Tuesday'll be how it plays out. I'm still going to hold off a couple days from that to hear what's glitched this time.

Exactly. 10th is Monday. So Tuesday 11th could be Malavai Quinn Return Day.

I won't be able to wait. I also won't be able to have a "safe run" on another toon to test for game-breaking bugs first. I'm soooo weak :o

Holy hell she sounds nothing like the Fem Warrior talking in her natural voice. I'd never had known if I hand't been told.

It's on the ship, so everyone had to have it. It's a different man's voice, not VA forgetting how he played this character.

Is it really a different guy? It sounds like Quinn but with a casual accent rather than his usual posh/clippy British accent. I actually quite liked it. There are some other conversations where he sounds like that depending on the options you choose.

Is it really a different guy? It sounds like Quinn but with a casual accent rather than his usual posh/clippy British accent. I actually quite liked it. There are some other conversations where he sounds like that depending on the options you choose.

It is a different guy. He doesn't sound like Quinn at all and I never heard him sound like that in any other option. If there are any, then it's the same case of another VA's lines.* It's not the same person.

*Which only adds to my worry they could replace him in 5.2.

I played through Hoth today and thought that this fake Quinn sounds a lot like Lanklyn. A bit different manner of speaking, but voices sounded so similar to me (without comparing them side to side).

I'm in disagreement as from what I've found Bioware is very good at crediting the VA's for their main/main-ish characters and I can only find one VA credited anywhere for Quinn.

edit: disagreement does not mean one or the other is correct by the way :p some people don't realise this. I'm not saying anyone is wrong, I just can't find otherwise proof.

Edited by Asmodesu