Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

Challenge Accepted Skyrim edition...

Challenge failed...as good as I could get it...it looks horrible :(

Quinn Skyrim edition

*cries* he's just not handsome enough to be Quinn...

I tried to make a Quinn look-alike from one of my bridge officers in Star Trek Online. Named him Malavai Quinn (he's my first officer), but he doesn't look right. There's just not enough variety in sliders for Asian features.

Maybe the default would work better.

Edited by Lammia

I tried to make a Quinn look-alike from one of my bridge officers in Star Trek Online. Named him Malavai Quinn (he's my first officer), but he doesn't look right. There's just not enough variety in sliders for Asian features.

Maybe the default would work better.

The men on Skyrim just look terrible, I couldn't smooth out the skin or anything...they all look like that or worse. Trust me that was as good as I could get it. Unless I go hunting for more mods or something later...

But for now bed time...just one more shift until vacation...I can do this...maybe...

Edited by Nightfrogger

The men on Skyrim just look terrible, I couldn't smooth out the skin or anything...they all look like that or worse. Trust me that was as good as I could get it. Unless I go hunting for more mods or something later...

But for now bed time...just one more shift until vacation...I can do this...maybe...

The men of Skyrim are real men, tough, strong. hardy. Quinn is a little wimp. That is why you cannot make him look good in Skyrim. Quinn is a pathetic excuse of a man, a traitor. That is why I killed him. Deal with it..

:wea_03:

I actually tried to do one just now....ugh. I guess it could be the whole "Quinn right after he's released from Imperial prison after 5 years" look. :-P

Skyrim: no place for refined gentlemen like Quinn.

Quinn: I beg to differ.

Ohh?

Quinn: Yes. Let me prove myself.

*sigh* You're not going to like this...

Quinn: Pardon?

[heavy flapping of wings]

Quinn: ...is that a dragon. :eek:

FUS...RO DAH!!!!

Quinn: *airborne* ... *DEATH GLARE*

[choir starts up: DovahQuinn, DovahQuinn, naal ok zin los vahriin...]

Quinn: *finally hits the ground, and stands back up* You'll have to do better than that, demon. *brandishes pistol* ...this suddenly looks very puny compared to a dragon. Then again, the dragon's scales have, perhaps, never encountered Imperial technology and ingenuity. FOR THE EMPIRE!! *charge!*

*epic battle ensues. There is a lot of shouting, a lot of fireballs, a lot of pained yelping, and a lot of dying. Eventually the dust settles. The victor is left standing....*

Quinn: . . . ha! Baras was a harder fight than you! *takes two steps and passes out from sheer adrenaline overload*

DOVAHQUINN, DOVAHQUINN, NAAL OK ZIN LOS VAHRIIN...

Edited by Jagaimee

Quinn: . . . ha! Baras was a harder fight than you! *takes two steps and passes out from sheer adrenaline overload*

:D Though the Quinns in my universe never...

...faint! Unless shady Jedi powers are involved :p My Quinns would be channelling that adrenaline into some heavy fade-to-black shenanigans with their beloveds :cool:

You're in the same boat as my hubby. He enjoys Mako too. He won't resub til she comes back.

OMG, I made a reserve Merc where I will do the full story. On my main merc I will stop before the part where Mako gets "lost".

Your hubby takes a drastic measure, but I *do* understand him. You develop an almost earie relationship with Mako, because she is your only comp for *many* levels. I often talk to her while we fight NPC's. Full blown conversations...

Edited by OmikronGamma

Okay, rolled out of bed and drinking coffee...and giving this another go...but in Oblivion this time.

Challenge accepted...

Challenge better attempted but still bleh...

Quinn Oblivion Edition

I think I just suck at trying to make a look alike. :(

Here's one I made earlier.

http://new4.fjcdn.com/comments/oh+man+_feef1d356bf77aefae241dfb3b7e0b37.jpg

Skyrim: no place for refined gentlemen like Quinn.

Quinn: I beg to differ.

Ohh?

Quinn: Yes. Let me prove myself.

*sigh* You're not going to like this...

Quinn: Pardon?

[heavy flapping of wings]

Quinn: ...is that a dragon. :eek:

FUS...RO DAH!!!!

Quinn: *airborne* ... *DEATH GLARE*

[choir starts up: DovahQuinn, DovahQuinn, naal ok zin los vahriin...]

Quinn: *finally hits the ground, and stands back up* You'll have to do better than that, demon. *brandishes pistol* ...this suddenly looks very puny compared to a dragon. Then again, the dragon's scales have, perhaps, never encountered Imperial technology and ingenuity. FOR THE EMPIRE!! *charge!*

*epic battle ensues. There is a lot of shouting, a lot of fireballs, a lot of pained yelping, and a lot of dying. Eventually the dust settles. The victor is left standing....*

This is awesome :)

Sad part is I had the theme running through my head the whole time while reading this...you know you have played to much skyrim when...

Edited by Nightfrogger

Okies a Quinn cutscene has been bugging me for some time, I actually stopped playing my most recent SW because of it. Was trying to play a specific story line stuff for her.

class story spoilers

When your character has been flirting with him enough times, and you reach the infamous betrayal: this is where my issue starts.

My character had the option to declare to him that things between them were over during that scene, and she did. But in the very next companion conversation he's declaring he's done playing games and wants to be with her and I'm just sitting there like "what? She already told you it's over... you know, when you tried to kill her"

This really bugs me. I'm sure it's because of the change from influence to story line progression so now it makes zero sense in this type of dialogue stuff, but it's flatly irritating. Is this the same for other people who may have tried that set of dialogues? Not sure if I did something wrong or just have to try and pretend that conversation isn't about to happen...

note: Please remember that I like the character, and have a proper romancer for him but not all my characters are the same personalities.

Edited by Asmodesu

Okies a Quinn cutscene has been bugging me for some time, I actually stopped playing my most recent SW because of it. Was trying to play a specific story line stuff for her.

class story spoilers

When your character has been flirting with him enough times, and you reach the infamous betrayal: this is where my issue starts.

My character had the option to declare to him that things between them were over during that scene, and she did. But in the very next companion conversation he's declaring he's done playing games and wants to be with her and I'm just sitting there like "what? She already told you it's over... you know, when you tried to kill her"

This really bugs me. I'm sure it's because of the change from influence to story line progression so now it makes zero sense in this type of dialogue stuff, but it's flatly irritating. Is this the same for other people who may have tried that set of dialogues? Not sure if I did something wrong or just have to try and pretend that conversation isn't about to happen...

note: Please remember that I like the character, and have a proper romancer for him but not all my characters are the same personalities.

I think this is related to how companion stories are tied to the class story now. I didn't play before this was changed in 4.0, so I don't know if it was possible to break up then, but it's impossible to break up romances, once initiated, now -- with a few exceptions. I tried on a few characters, and it just doesn't hold.

Whatever you do, that conversation always comes after the transponder ship now. Many many pages ago we were already discussing that, I think. In the light that his romance and the betrayal are like two separate stories, and there's no connection between them.

You didn't do anything wrong. AFAIK, you can't break up with him at this point. At most you can refuse to marry him, but that's it.

I think this is related to how companion stories are tied to the class story now. I didn't play before this was changed in 4.0, so I don't know if it was possible to break up then, but it's impossible to break up romances, once initiated, now -- with a few exceptions. I tried on a few characters, and it just doesn't hold.

Whatever you do, that conversation always comes after the transponder ship now. Many many pages ago we were already discussing that, I think. In the light that his romance and the betrayal are like two separate stories, and there's no connection between them.

You didn't do anything wrong. AFAIK, you can't break up with him at this point. At most you can refuse to marry him, but that's it.

Yeah most likely just the class/romance not tracking each other as is normal. Just slightly irritating. I likely missed that thread conversation, but have to expect re-hashing some old stuff in 500+ page threads.

As far as I know the conversation I'm talking about is -the romance starter flag- one since you can turn him down and if that dialogue choice is chosen you can't change your mind later to start a relationship. Same as if accepting his romance there: can't change that after, since in proper relationship this time. That said, the "it's over" dialogue choice on the trap-ship is also confusing for same reason since they're technically not in a committed relationship yet.

My character had to turn him down twice - during class story, on the trap-ship she says it's over now because of his assassination attempt, and in that companion conversation right after it she turns him away after he declared his stuff. So he maybe just didn't get the hint during the class story, lmao. my headcanon can work with that I guess. I can't remember exact words of the two dialogues so hard to exactly describe the scenes and things said. Might need to do it again >.> would only take like 2 days lol.

Edited by Asmodesu

Yeah most likely just the class/romance not tracking each other as is normal. Just slightly irritating. I likely missed that thread conversation, but have to expect re-hashing some old stuff in 500+ page threads.

As far as I know the conversation I'm talking about is -the romance starter flag- one since you can turn him down and if that dialogue choice is chosen you can't change your mind later to start a relationship. Same as if accepting his romance there: can't change that after, since in proper relationship this time. That said, the "it's over" dialogue choice on the trap-ship is also confusing for same reason since they're technically not in a committed relationship yet.

My character had to turn him down twice - during class story, on the trap-ship she says it's over now because of his assassination attempt, and in that companion conversation right after it she turns him away after he declared his stuff. So he maybe just didn't get the hint during the class story, lmao. my headcanon can work with that I guess. I can't remember exact words of the two dialogues so hard to exactly describe the scenes and things said. Might need to do it again >.> would only take like 2 days lol.

It's also possible that it's bugged. My friend tried to run a warrior who is mean to absolutely everyone, including him. The romance was still triggered. I'm not sure she chose even one flirt option.

You don't have to find that convo we had. The gist is that we talked how little closure you have after the Quinncident, if you romance him, how little seems to be connected, and in addition permanent attachment to the class story nonsensically puts his "I love you" convo immediately after the Quinncident.

As if no one expected him to be romanced, so who cares where those convos are, right?:rolleyes:

It's also possible that it's bugged. My friend tried to run a warrior who is mean to absolutely everyone, including him. The romance was still triggered. I'm not sure she chose even one flirt option.

You don't have to find that convo we had. The gist is that we talked how little closure you have after the Quinncident, if you romance him, how little seems to be connected, and in addition permanent attachment to the class story nonsensically puts his "I love you" convo immediately after the Quinncident.

As if no one expected him to be romanced, so who cares where those convos are, right?:rolleyes:

Ooooh...that's how it is now? e_e I guess I was lucky to go through the warrior story before -- was it 4.0 that converted affection to influence? I think it was... hm. My warrior got married in the middle of the Voss storyline...finished Voss and then--QUINNCIDENT.

That made it hurt even more, actually, since in headcanon it was barely a few weeks/not even a month since they were married. OUCH.

Now it doesn't even make sense, does it? :/ They couldn't have configured the conversations so the "I love you/marry me" convo comes before the Quinncident?? Oi vey...

Wonder how they butchered other conversations now. :(

At least Quinn isn't missing any conversations since the change to progression, Unlike another LI (Torian). To me it does make more sense if the incident happens before actually getting with the poor guy, but yeah remembering when you could have fully finished the romance line almost before it happens.. I was much madder at him before 4.0 then I have been since because of that timeline change lol.

But yup, not doing over. Sorted that it's simply the progression change and lack of cohesiveness. I have personally never had him think the romance has been started if I never took any flirts, or implied dialogue choices either but wouldn't be surprised either if all it took was one implied flirt dialogue now (by that I mean it's not tagged on the wheel as flirt but it's -borderline flirty-).

Ooooh...that's how it is now? e_e I guess I was lucky to go through the warrior story before -- was it 4.0 that converted affection to influence? I think it was... hm. My warrior got married in the middle of the Voss storyline...finished Voss and then--QUINNCIDENT.

That made it hurt even more, actually, since in headcanon it was barely a few weeks/not even a month since they were married. OUCH.

Now it doesn't even make sense, does it? :/ They couldn't have configured the conversations so the "I love you/marry me" convo comes before the Quinncident?? Oi vey...

Yeah, now he doesn't propose a while after Quinncident. He doesn't even express his feeling fully after. I have RP worked around it (since I never knew any other path), so it's doesn't bother much that much, except idiotic placing "I love you" convo right after "I'm forced to kill you" event. It should not be immediately after. Something neutral, not romance convo should be there.

Also, in my RP Baras contacted him shortly after they'd arrived on Voss, so it's not that Malavai worked for his all the time he and my warrior spent together. That gives my story a bit different shade, too.

Yeah, now he doesn't propose a while after Quinncident. He doesn't even express his feeling fully after. I have RP worked around it (since I never knew any other path), so it's doesn't bother much that much, except idiotic placing "I love you" convo right after "I'm forced to kill you" event. It should not be immediately after. Something neutral, not romance convo should be there.

Also, in my RP Baras contacted him shortly after they'd arrived on Voss, so it's not that Malavai worked for his all the time he and my warrior spent together. That gives my story a bit different shade, too.

I changed the pacing on that as well, and am happy with where I have it for mine...but also took a lot of artistic liberties for the Quinncident

I think the "new" way is better. The old pre-4.0 way made me rage quit for years!

I think the "new" way is better. The old pre-4.0 way made me rage quit for years!

I agree. The sequence of events (betrayal->forgiveness->marriage) makes more sense to me than the previous way. However, if you say it's over between you during the betrayal cutscene, it really should end whatever kind of relationship exists. And I think they could have sequenced the conversations better so you don't have the "I love you" right after the incident. A bit of time between those two events would make more sense to me.

I agree. The sequence of events (betrayal->forgiveness->marriage) makes more sense to me than the previous way. However, if you say it's over between you during the betrayal cutscene, it really should end whatever kind of relationship exists. And I think they could have sequenced the conversations better so you don't have the "I love you" right after the incident. A bit of time between those two events would make more sense to me.

When I saw that option the nth time, I wondered if it was in fact possible to break up with him. I tried on my "to-be-deleted-anyway" warrior but it changed absolutely nothing. He replied he lost a lot more by not being welcome in my bed on the transponder ship, and after our return to my ship the normal "I love you" convo was waiting.

But I think if it's natural for a character to dump him after that, it should be an option that lasts, not just one dialogue line, and then he comes with "I love you" to you, ignoring your decision completely.

It also annoys me with Male Inq and Ashara romance. She proposed to my Inq, he rejected her, laughing at her and then... they start cuddling. :eek: He should turn on his heel, and leave, not bevahe like he just accepted!:mad: