Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

I think he will be pleased to note that is one of the very very few armor sets I do not own, so no gnome hat I am afraid :( Though to be fair I am dragging him through Hoth right now...

Quinn: WHEW!!

Aw. :c

Quinn: ...why do you enjoy torturing me.

Because it's the light-hearted sort of torture that leaves nothing damaged.

Quinn: Except my dignity.

But it's cute.

Quinn: *struggling not to facepalm again*

On another note, you prefer freezing to wearing a gnome hat?

Quinn: *shivering* A-at l-l-ea-st I-I h-ha-have m-my d-d-ig-n-nity.

That color of blue doesn't look good on you.

Quinn: I-I'm t-turning b-b-blue!?

Nope, kidding. :D .....that color of furious red doesn't look good on you, either... AUGH *runs*

Quinn: I will find you. :mad:

I've calmed down some. I didn't know Chapter 12 was redone, but I'm not holding out hope for 5.4 as we're, what two weeks away? Still ... I won't play Umbara until I know what comes after. So, we'll see.

I can PM you if you want to know just what was changed about Chapter 12.

Quinn: WHEW!!

Aw. :c

Quinn: ...why do you enjoy torturing me.

Because it's the light-hearted sort of torture that leaves nothing damaged.

Quinn: Except my dignity.

But it's cute.

Quinn: *struggling not to facepalm again*

On another note, you prefer freezing to wearing a gnome hat?

Quinn: *shivering* A-at l-l-ea-st I-I h-ha-have m-my d-d-ig-n-nity.

That color of blue doesn't look good on you.

Quinn: I-I'm t-turning b-b-blue!?

Nope, kidding. :D .....that color of furious red doesn't look good on you, either... AUGH *runs*

Quinn: I will find you. :mad:

You have on winter gear hun :p I refuse to drag you through the ice planets without it.

Oh and you got some great spying on the enemy last planet hun...we literally were at house Organa front door on my Sith Warrior...to be honest I am surprised I did not get attacked by the turrets for those shots lol.

Edited by Nightfrogger

And who knows, maybe this Alliance Alert actually IS fully voiced. Wouldn't that be awesome? If it was, I'd be really, REALLY happy they're bringing LI's back that way - now they don't have to shoehorn them into the overarching story, and they can carefully craft a "meaningful" return for them.

........okay, yeah, at this point that just seems like hopeful wishing, but...well, it's not set in stone yet.

Even if it is, we can't replay Alliance Alerts.

Oh, man, but if you're in love with KALIYO you get to do your reunion scene with her as often as you want.

You liked Quinn and *LOUD TRUCK DRIVING BY CAN'T HEAR NAME* though? Too bad. Because BW apparently hates their female characters and players so they don't get to replay those returns.

But man, oh man, let's sit down and get all excited over KALIYO over and over again :rolleyes:

Anyways...

Remember, guys, that datamined information is *always* subject to change. Case in point: the entirety of chapter twelve of KOTFE.

And who knows, maybe this Alliance Alert actually IS fully voiced. Wouldn't that be awesome? If it was, I'd be really, REALLY happy they're bringing LI's back that way - now they don't have to shoehorn them into the overarching story, and they can carefully craft a "meaningful" return for them.

........okay, yeah, at this point that just seems like hopeful wishing, but...well, it's not set in stone yet.

The spoilers seem to be pretty set in stone and given the recent history of this game I can't see much changing.

I made the suggestion via pm to Keith that remaining companions could be brought back via their own side quests that were fully interactive and class only, since we don't all need them (and the remaining companions can't really fit into the kotfe/kotet/iokath bollocks. Seems like they flushed my idea down the toilet along with all the threads about how important our companions are to us and will most likely be going with the cheap alliance alert option.

It's all making Malavai's return (with all its faults) look fantastic!

Edited by Sarova

Ohh..that's bad. Honestly, is there any effort being put into returns anymore? Sigh... this and the Umbara flashpoint info just made my day a whole lot worse. :mad:

Same here. I was actually in the middle of playing a chapter and I had to log out. Don't feel like playing anymore.

Well after getting PM's about the returning LI I can sort of see the twisted logic behind it. But if they go the same route for all the remaining LI's it will not end well. Why? They're assuming that only the players who did the romances will want that companion back. But what happens to those of us who what other LI companions for our SW's? (Hey it IS a Quinn thread!) I can think of a few of the LI companions that Nat would happily have tagging along in her mismatched Alliance.

It also got me thinking I know there are a number of writers in this thread myself among them and it occurs to me that if we put out heads together we'd probably be able to come up with better story lines than the supposed 'professional' writers at Bioware. That's actually kind of scary and depressing when you think about it...

It also got me thinking I know there are a number of writers in this thread myself among them and it occurs to me that if we put out heads together we'd probably be able to come up with better story lines than the supposed 'professional' writers at Bioware. That's actually kind of scary and depressing when you think about it...

I think between all of us we already did hun

Well after getting PM's about the returning LI I can sort of see the twisted logic behind it. But if they go the same route for all the remaining LI's it will not end well.

It's lose-lose. They're returning a LI via Alliance Alert. People will get super pissed. So now they create a better, less INSULTING way to return LI's. Great for THOSE people, but what about the ones who got their LI back via Alliance Alert?

So unless they return the rest via Alliance Alert, it's unfair. But returning them via Alliance Alert is *still* unfair because other LI's got full CHAPTERS and story involvement dedicated to them.

The ONLY way to solve this is during their development phase going forward they have, I dunno, a generic dummy participating in the story, and during the actual gameplay the generic dummy is filled in by the LI's to make it personal. Record all the LI's lines for each scene (basically the same script, with a few tweaks here and there to account for the character's personality. (Vector comes to mind with his "We" and "us" bit) and it would make it FEEL different for every character. Hell, if they did it like that, it would be worth replaying KotFE/ET/whatever else is in the future just for those scenes.

My Agent doesn't need Corso Riggs. She wants Vector.

My Smuggler doesn't need Vector, he wants Risha back.

My Consular doesn't need Risha, she wants Iresso back.

And so on and so forth.

It seems like a simple solution that seems like it would be easy to do and would make people happier than they are now with the Quinn/Dorn return and the impending LI return via Alliance Alert.

Edited by AngFour

Same here. I was actually in the middle of playing a chapter and I had to log out. Don't feel like playing anymore.

I was replaying everything to video the Theron romance (now that I know how to video) and levelled an alt as far as chapter 3 of KOFTE. After reading the spoilers I've lost complete interest. It's feeling like game over - a real let down by the "new" team and confirmation (more or less) that this is nothing more than the Lana show and we're extras. They avoid this forum so we can pretty much say what we feel in here.

Since I unfortunately have 3 months sub to go - I will most likely be replaying my favourite class stories until then which are the Warrior (Quinn's betrayal seems like nothing now) and the Trooper. I'm really regretting messing up my main's romance chance with Andronikos and having to pair her up with Theron instead.

I think we need this more now then ever before to try and cheer us up:

The problem lays in the design of the game itself. Like, I love it and I think they were very passionate but their heads were in their clouds. 8 class stories with 40+ companions. How did they ever think they could continue the story and give all 40 companions meaningfull involvement.

It's a situation Bioware AUstin can't win, especially now with the reduced budget. I still think it's a great game but the original game designers should have had a clearer idea for the future instead of keeping their heads in daydreams.

It's lose-lose. They're returning a LI via Alliance Alert. People will get super pissed. So now they create a better, less INSULTING way to return LI's. Great for THOSE people, but what about the ones who got their LI back via Alliance Alert?

So unless they return the rest via Alliance Alert, it's unfair. But returning them via Alliance Alert is *still* unfair because other LI's got full CHAPTERS and story involvement dedicated to them.

The ONLY way to solve this is during their development phase going forward they have, I dunno, a generic dummy participating in the story, and during the actual gameplay the generic dummy is filled in by the LI's to make it personal. Record all the LI's lines for each scene (basically the same script, with a few tweaks here and there to account for the character's personality. (Vector comes to mind with his "We" and "us" bit) and it would make it FEEL different for every character. Hell, if they did it like that, it would be worth replaying KotFE/ET/whatever else is in the future just for those scenes.

My Agent doesn't need Corso Riggs. She wants Vector.

My Smuggler doesn't need Vector, he wants Risha back.

My Consular doesn't need Risha, she wants Iresso back.

And so on and so forth.

It seems like a simple solution that seems like it would be easy to do and would make people happier than they are now with the Quinn/Dorn return and the impending LI return via Alliance Alert.

there is rumoured info from the source that gave the spoilers that all remaining companions are being returned via alliance alert but only to the related class

Given this, they might as well say all companions back via impatience terminal, stick a letter in the mail if you romanced them and be done with it.

Okay this is what I did instead of sleeping...honestly not sure how I am still awake. So more pretty pictures if you want them :)

Alderaan 2

Alderaan 3

Alderaan 4

Alderaan 5

Alderaan 6

Dromund Kaas 2

Dromund Kaas 3

Hoth 2

Hoth 3

Hoth 4

Hoth 5

Hoth 6

Beautiful as always! Thanks for making all that effort, it did help to cheer me up some, seeing all the Quinn goodness. <3

Well after getting PM's about the returning LI I can sort of see the twisted logic behind it. But if they go the same route for all the remaining LI's it will not end well. Why? They're assuming that only the players who did the romances will want that companion back. But what happens to those of us who what other LI companions for our SW's? (Hey it IS a Quinn thread!) I can think of a few of the LI companions that Nat would happily have tagging along in her mismatched Alliance.

I agree with Nightfrogger, I think we lot have definitely come up with better tales than the pros in charge. :/

I felt the same way. Couldn't play, didn't feel like writing after learning that stuff. Basically spoiled my whole night. :(