Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

Well got done with my continuation from my last chapter so here it is.

Solaris' Gambit

Be afraid, I was able to do two chapters in a row without adult content :) Yes, I am feeling fine, just trying new stuff :) This will continue with a part 3 of this mini arc as soon as I get that where I want it :)

Nice! While I, on the other hand, have only two adult content chapters out of 9 so far. Just posted a new chapter today too...the new chapter 7 in Nar Shaddaa. It was supposed to be a fun little fluff piece, but I got so wrapped up in the vanilla storyline that it ended up going way longer than I intended....i.e. the distance between point A (arriving at NS) and point B (fluff fun time!) got really long. So, next chapter will be a quick bit of vanilla storyline, seguing into the trio spending a night out on the town in NS. So, fun, fluff and some backstory! Going to try and pound it out tomorrow since I'll have free time...and I need to get it out of my head before I forget all the fun little morsels I've thought up.

Pollution Manifest

Edited by feylyndiira

Nice! While I, on the other hand, have only two adult content chapters out of 9 so far. Just posted a new chapter today too...the new chapter 7 in Nar Shaddaa. It was supposed to be a fun little fluff piece, but I got so wrapped up in the vanilla storyline that it ended up going way longer than I intended....i.e. the distance between point A (arriving at NS) and point B (fluff fun time!) got really long. So, next chapter will be a quick bit of vanilla storyline, seguing into the trio spending a night out on the town in NS. So, fun, fluff and some backstory! Going to try and pound it out tomorrow since I'll have free time...and I need to get it out of my head before I forget all the fun little morsels I've thought up.

Pollution Manifest

Up to 11 completed chapters myself, and 3 ones that are in progress, granted the 3rd one I am working on is not posted yet. I now have office so can work on them in there before I post :) Those other two in progress ones I add bits and pieces to as I think about it, but mainly waiting to see how the Iokath story plays out afterwards before I ultimately finish those. Did a count I think only 4 of them have the adult only label on them...but when I say adult only I usually go full blow smut mode ;)

The more of these chapters I write the more I want to throw my first rule I placed on myself out the window...or at least bend it a bit...these limitations are starting to bother me...but it is a fun challenge to see if I can make it work. The twist I placed on myself for the betrayal...almost wrote myself into a corner there. But I think I did alright :)

I try to write these with the original story being intact, that I am not changing (not throwing in the towel just yet on that challenge)...though I am guilty of cherry picking conversation responses if I can get it to work towards how I want the chapter to shape. I do not know exactly of which choices any of my characters made in any of the story (no way to video my stuff here :() But I know how I played this character and how she would act so can basically dig through youtube and research most of the choices and find the one that fits the gist of that character...so grateful for those videos :)

This is my she mostly makes darkside choices character, I like to think of her as my lawful evil...though approaching neutral evil character. I just figure you see so many goody two-shoes characters written it is fun to try to write someone who is evil for a change :)

Well and now that I have an incredibly long night ahead of me, I think I will get some work done on part 3 of this little story arc :) I got a call from my boss Friday morning saying I am being moved back to the over night shift...oh joy. So I guess I can stay up as late as I want writing tonight...through coffee I gain strength....

Edited by Nightfrogger
adding stuff

Up to 11 completed chapters myself, and 3 ones that are in progress, granted the 3rd one I am working on is not posted yet. I now have office so can work on them in there before I post :) Those other two in progress ones I add bits and pieces to as I think about it, but mainly waiting to see how the Iokath story plays out afterwards before I ultimately finish those. Did a count I think only 4 of them have the adult only label on them...but when I say adult only I usually go full blow smut mode ;)

Yeah, I love Office...it's what I write mine on. I have a looonnnggg way to Iokath.

The more of these chapters I write the more I want to throw my first rule I placed on myself out the window...or at least bend it a bit...these limitations are starting to bother me...but it is a fun challenge to see if I can make it work. The twist I placed on myself for the betrayal...almost wrote myself into a corner there. But I think I did alright :)

I'm hoping my idea for the betrayal works out as well on paper as it has in my head so far. I tend to really nit-pick little details and if something doesn't click just right, I don't use it.

I try to write these with the original story being intact, that I am not changing (not throwing in the towel just yet on that challenge)...though I am guilty of cherry picking conversation responses if I can get it to work towards how I want the chapter to shape. I do not know exactly of which choices any of my characters made in any of the story (no way to video my stuff here :() But I know how I played this character and how she would act so can basically dig through youtube and research most of the choices and find the one that fits the gist of that character...so grateful for those videos :)

Same here. I try to stick to the main plot, but just add or subtract little bits here and there. I record video, but I also recently found Tor Community where you can find dialogue trees for...well, everything. So that has been a HUGE help because I can see all the dialogue options for any particular mission at once....and lately, I've been mix-and-matching them because there are some times when I think that multiple responses would have been more logical.

This is my she mostly makes darkside choices character, I like to think of her as my lawful evil...though approaching neutral evil character. I just figure you see so many goody two-shoes characters written it is fun to try to write someone who is evil for a change :)

I only have one LS Sith and that's my male character. All my females are DS....and I try to play them that way. No offense to those who like such things, but I absolutely cannot write her as being a happy-go-lucky softie. Even in my more fluff pieces she's not "Whee...look at me! I'm just a regular girl having fun!" kind of person.

Well and now that I have an incredibly long night ahead of me, I think I will get some work done on part 3 of this little story arc :) I got a call from my boss Friday morning saying I am being moved back to the over night shift...oh joy. So I guess I can stay up as late as I want writing tonight...through coffee I gain strength....

Through caffeine our chains are broken.... :cool:

It's nice to see the Quinn thread still going strong! 400 plus pages, not shabby at all.

I've been playing about with the idea of writing my SW's misadventures from the start but currently TDS is my main focus as I want to get back to where I was before I pretty much started over from scratch. That and Nat's rather interesting parentage/family is a major part of her class story so it would really spoil the effect when it comes to light in TDS.

It's nice to see the Quinn thread still going strong! 400 plus pages, not shabby at all.

I've been playing about with the idea of writing my SW's misadventures from the start but currently TDS is my main focus as I want to get back to where I was before I pretty much started over from scratch. That and Nat's rather interesting parentage/family is a major part of her class story so it would really spoil the effect when it comes to light in TDS.

Yep, still kicking and still going strong. The Force is strong with the Quinnmancers :)

Welcome back! I hope you have fun redoing Nat's adventures and posting them. :)

Indeed, we're still here!

Quinn: To our simultaneous chagrin and pleasure.

Quit lying, you like the attention.

Quinn: ...well...

Aha!

Quinn: Don't you have other things to be doing right now.

Unfortunately, yes. Don't think this lets you off the hook, mister...

Quinn: MAJOR.

...sore subject, huh.

Quinn: *mutters something*

What was that? "It should be Moff"? Well, I agree, but--

Quinn: That is not what I said!

Then what did you say?

Quinn: To put it colloquially, "none of your beeswax, sir."

No, c'mon, spit it out. ...Quiiiiiiiiiiiiiinn?

Quinn: "GO DO YOUR SCHOOLWORK. ...SIR."

*grumble* Fiiiine. Told to do my homework by a fictional character... I knew it, I'm going insane. :p

Indeed, we're still here!

Quinn: To our simultaneous chagrin and pleasure.

Quit lying, you like the attention.

Quinn: ...well...

Aha!

Quinn: Don't you have other things to be doing right now.

Unfortunately, yes. Don't think this lets you off the hook, mister...

...sore subject, huh.

Quinn: *mutters something*

What was that? "It should be Moff"? Well, I agree, but--

Quinn: That is not what I said!

Then what did you say?

Quinn: To put it colloquially, "none of your beeswax, sir."

No, c'mon, spit it out. ...Quiiiiiiiiiiiiiinn?

Quinn: "GO DO YOUR SCHOOLWORK. ...SIR."

*grumble* Fiiiine. Told to do my homework by a fictional character... I knew it, I'm going insane. :p

Good to see purple Quinn and I agree getting told by a fictional character to do schoolwork is somewhat worrying. :D

Purple Quinn might like to know that Nathrrya (he should be able to work who that is) ends up Empress of the Galactic Empire and she's still scratching her head as to how that actually happened. However purple Quinn won't like the possibility that Nathrrya might end up with a Jedi husband, that would really be too much for purple Quinn I think. :D

ASSUME POSSIBLE SPOILERS (IOKATH)

Is Quinn still a major? Come to think of it, is anybody still anything? I've always wondered why those who left/deserted the republic/empire/wherever and joined our alliance still kept their former ranks. My Empress or my Ops Leader (Theron) should be allowed to assign new roles and ranks. Theoretically, (for those of us who romanced him or kept him as a companion) Malavai is a deserter and a prisoner-not-in-a-cell as that was not properly resolved in the Iokath story. As we've said previously, romanced Quinns should have been named Consort & Confidente. Though I expect finding a male title for the husband of an Empress is as hard as it is in real life (since there have been none iirc).

ASSUME POSSIBLE SPOILERS (IOKATH)

Is Quinn still a major? Come to think of it, is anybody still anything? I've always wondered why those who left/deserted the republic/empire/wherever and joined our alliance still kept their former ranks. My Empress or my Ops Leader (Theron) should be allowed to assign new roles and ranks. Theoretically, (for those of us who romanced him or kept him as a companion) Malavai is a deserter and a prisoner-not-in-a-cell as that was not properly resolved in the Iokath story. As we've said previously, romanced Quinns should have been named Consort & Confidente. Though I expect finding a male title for the husband of an Empress is as hard as it is in real life (since there have been none iirc).

Prince-consort or Lord or something right?

Theoretically, (for those of us who romanced him or kept him as a companion) Malavai is a deserter and a prisoner-not-in-a-cell as that was not properly resolved in the Iokath story.

Why should be called a deserter, unless you betrayed the Empire and joined the Pubs? If you're allied with the Empire, then he could still be in the Imperial service as a liaison, diplomat (that's clearly the role Acina assigned to him when sent him to speak in her name to you), representative, or in similar capacity. Being by your side -- allied with the Empire -- doesn't mean he left the Empire.

If you allied yourself with the Republic, then call yourself a traitor before calling him that (general "you", not Sarova "you" :)). It really annoys me how people happily call him names for following them to the Republic, somehow ignoring the point that they're traitors themselves, and he's loyal to them more than to the Empire. Does or doesn't, he's damned either way by haters.

That said, you're right that it's not resolved, because there is no story related to his (or Dorne) joining you officially. And I don't think there's going to be, because I doubt we ever see any of them in an cutscene in the future.

All we can do is RP it to make it work. Again. :sigh:

Same here. I try to stick to the main plot, but just add or subtract little bits here and there. I record video, but I also recently found Tor Community where you can find dialogue trees for...well, everything. So that has been a HUGE help because I can see all the dialogue options for any particular mission at once....and lately, I've been mix-and-matching them because there are some times when I think that multiple responses would have been more logical.

I found Tor Community easily enough but how to you find the dialog trees and such? I'm sure I'm missing something there.

Why should be called a deserter, unless you betrayed the Empire and joined the Pubs? If you're allied with the Empire, then he could still be in the Imperial service as a liaison, diplomat (that's clearly the role Acina assigned to him when sent him to speak in her name to you), representative, or in similar capacity. Being by your side -- allied with the Empire -- doesn't mean he left the Empire.

If you allied yourself with the Republic, then call yourself a traitor before calling him that (general "you", not Sarova "you" :)). It really annoys me how people happily call him names for following them to the Republic, somehow ignoring the point that they're traitors themselves, and he's loyal to them more than to the Empire. Does or doesn't, he's damned either way by haters.

That said, you're right that it's not resolved, because there is no story related to his (or Dorne) joining you officially. And I don't think there's going to be, because I doubt we ever see any of them in an cutscene in the future.

I don't consider Malavai to be a traitor if he follows you if you side with the Republic but then I don't consider any former Imperial class to be a traitor if they ally with the Republic either. At that point on Iokath, you haven't been with the Empire for years already. You've set up your own neutral faction and may even be called Emperor/Empress. Might as well call that person a traitor the moment they agree to lead the Alliance - which I don't think they are then, either. Come to think of it, you can't call a bounty hunter character a traitor even then as they were never an Imperial citizen to begin with.

Prince-consort or Lord or something right?

yup, the married partner of an Emperor/Empress would be prince/princess-consort as the power and authority isn't shared equally, the Emperor/Empress holds full authority of the title, not their husband/wife hence the lower title.

Malavai may have betrayed my character once, but he hasn't been a traitor prior to possible-Iokath.. my sith lady has often been a traitor, but when the Alliance allied with the Republic on Iokath that was not a traitorous act/choice. That happened when the Alliance is founded, the player character ceased being Empire or Republic and defected into a third faction so the Iokath choice is not traitorous either way, but leading the founded alliance was/can be seen as such for both sides since rep or imp you defected to join the alliance (we didn't have a choice obviously but that's where the defection/traitor stuff happened). So allying with the Empire as a Imperial character is not going back to it either, you've still defected and now an ally not a member.

Malavai becomes a traitor to/defector from the Empire when he joins the Alliance if it is allied with the Republic, but that shows his loyalty is for the Warrior, not the Empire anymore. And likely considered a liason rather then defector if joining the Alliance when it's allied with the Empire. This is because Republic and Empire are at war still, but the Alliance is now dragged into it, so chooses sides.

Edited by Asmodesu

That happened when the Alliance is founded, the player character ceased being Empire or Republic and defected into a third faction so the Iokath choice is not traitorous either way, but leading the founded alliance was/can be seen as such for both sides since rep or imp you defected to join the alliance (we didn't have a choice obviously but that's where the defection/traitor stuff happened). So allying with the Empire as a Imperial character is not going back to it either, you've still defected and now an ally not a member.

I never "defected". I was held prisoner for 5 years, and then couldn't return home for some reason (all my warrior wanted was to go home, not do what Beniko barked at her). KOTET chapter 2 was very painful for her, because it became clear that her home treats her like a stranger, not one of them; that she was not welcome back, unless as a stranger-friend/visitor.

She didn't defect. She was exiled. She still wants to go home, but now she can't do it without killing Acina and taking over.

I even wrote a short story back then after playing that chapter. http://www.swtor-quinn-clan.kylemehr.avx.pl/2017/04/15/homeless/

I don't consider Malavai to be a traitor if he follows you if you side with the Republic but then I don't consider any former Imperial class to be a traitor if they ally with the Republic either. At that point on Iokath, you haven't been with the Empire for years already. You've set up your own neutral faction and may even be called Emperor/Empress. Might as well call that person a traitor the moment they agree to lead the Alliance - which I don't think they are then, either. Come to think of it, you can't call a bounty hunter character a traitor even then as they were never an Imperial citizen to begin with.

That's a fine reasoning.

But my point was not that if you ally yourself with the Pubs, you must be called traitor. My point was that if you call Malavai a traitor for following you to the Pubs, then call yourself that too. You either both are, or neither. Not: he's a traitor but you aren't for doing the same. If anything you are more guilty of it, because you made the choice of allying with the Pubs. He did not. He just stays loyal to you regardless of what you decide to do. (general "you"; English is stupid ;)).

I never "defected". I was held prisoner for 5 years, and then couldn't return home for some reason (all my warrior wanted was to go home, not do what Beniko barked at her). KOTET chapter 2 was very painful for her, because it became clear that her home treats her like a stranger, not one of them; that she was not welcome back, unless as a stranger-friend/visitor.

She didn't defect. She was exiled. She still wants to go home, but now she can't do it without killing Acina and taking over.

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from there.

I was just throwing an opinion about the situation out and I stated We (the player and our characters) never had a choice in this situation (forming and joining the Alliance) but I see we both agree whatever the way we got into Alliance : if we see it as defect, exiled or just forced into the third role - I see the Defect+forced since player has no choice about leading the Alliance either, no-one asks the character and mine are not happy with Lana. Exile to me would mean they were driven away from the Empire but for me that wasn't the case.

I'm not a fan of it for some of my characters, but my main Sith lady it fits the Alliance, a few others just want their old life back but can't get what they want.

I think you have misunderstood my point. I am not referring to the choice we made (to align with either the Empire or the Republic); I am referring to the choice Malavai made at the end if you choose to ally with the Republic when he says he is "done with the Empire" (or words to that effect). IIRC he doesn't say he's resigned - he just leaves (and since he's a military rank this is desertion) and becomes, by his own admission, a prisoner of the Alliance. My main point is that the poorly written story, if you aligned with the Republic, made Malavai into a deserter from his unit/position BUT HE DOES NOT DESERT TO JOIN THE REPUBLIC; he deserts to join his wife in HER ALLIANCE. When I chose Republic as far as I'm concerned they are an external ally to my alliance - they are not in or part of my alliance. I have to see it this way or I would unsub for the shear ridiculousness of the storyline. I also have a warrior that chose empire and that choice is not much better story-wise.

The choice thing for us was a bit rubbish. We've already been forced by the story to leave our original faction and become leader of our OWN faction the galactic alliance (or whatever it is now called). Being forced to team up with the Empire or Republic in Iokath was really annoying and poorly done. I don't see it as my character rejoining the Empire or defecting to the Republic (or vice versa depending on my other character's original faction). I see it as choosing an ally. I would have preferred that we made a temporary alliance just for the Iokath story OR were given the option to tell both the Republic and Empire to eff off and have our alliance go it alone (with some nutjob in our alliance taking on the role that Acina/Jace does).

As for what his title should be I quite like Prince Consort Malavai Quinn and since I'm Empress I should have the authority to make this happen!

My main point is that the poorly written story, if you aligned with the Republic, made Malavai into a deserter from his unit/position BUT HE DOES NOT DESERT TO JOIN THE REPUBLIC; he deserts to join his wife in HER ALLIANCE. When I chose Republic as far as I'm concerned they are an external ally to my alliance - they are not in or part of my alliance.

I thought the choices in Iokath were are very poorly presented personally, but what you said here is exactly how Iokath and the Alliance and ally thing had always been to me. 2 major factions allying against one other. not merging/joining together. The Republic (or Empire, whichever character I'm on) are and never were part of the Alliance, every Ally choice has been stated as that specifically. Ally together against Zakuul, Ally together against Empire/Republic.

Malavai deserted to join the Alliance if republic allies. still a traitor type of thing if someone wishes to see it as such since at the time of Malavai joining the Alliance as prisoner before asking to join properly they are at war with the Empire.

I am referring to the choice Malavai made at the end if you choose to ally with the Republic when he says he is "done with the Empire" (or words to that effect). IIRC he doesn't say he's resigned - he just leaves (and since he's a military rank this is desertion) and becomes, by his own admission, a prisoner of the Alliance. My main point is that the poorly written story, if you aligned with the Republic, made Malavai into a deserter from his unit/position BUT HE DOES NOT DESERT TO JOIN THE REPUBLIC; he deserts to join his wife in HER ALLIANCE. When I chose Republic as far as I'm concerned they are an external ally to my alliance - they are not in or part of my alliance. I have to see it this way or I would unsub for the shear ridiculousness of the storyline. I also have a warrior that chose empire and that choice is not much better story-wise.

None of my Imp characters allied themselves with the Republic, and certainly not my warrior, so I don't know what exactly he says. I also never needed to analyse it or care for it, since it's not part of my story. It "didn't happen" for me. ;)

But... I guess he'd keep being referred to as major as a courtesy. Didn't they all lose their ranks after joining the Alliance? Aygo? Jorgan? Pierce? Now Dorne? It looks like everyone is on first-name basis when they talk to each other, but using their ranks is polite, if nothing else.

Exile to me would mean they were driven away from the Empire but for me that wasn't the case.

To me it means that I was forced out of the Empire. They exiled me, not I exiled myself.

Edited by Lammia

I found Tor Community easily enough but how to you find the dialog trees and such? I'm sure I'm missing something there.

Go to Databases and click on Missions or NPCs, then choose what you want to look at. When the page pulls up for the mission/NPC, scroll down and there will be a section called "Conversations". Just click the "Expand All" and it will show all the conversations. Note that sometimes you might have to go digging a bit if you're looking for something specific. Sometimes a particular conversation isn't in a mission, but under the NPC instead. In other cases...especially companion conversations....you can just click on one mission and it will show all of them.

I've found some really interesting stuff there....there's conversations I have never experienced in my 4 years of playing. I'm not sure if I didn't trigger something correctly or they just ended up not getting included.