Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

An additional question: I thought you had to have rank 50 with him in order to get his proposal, instead he popped it to me at rank 49. Do I still need to raise it to 50 for the follow-up with companion gifts?

Nope! Companion storylines aren't tied to affection/influence any longer - instead, they're tied to where your character is in their class story. :)

I am absolutely loving the Sith Warrior storyline in general and Malavai Quinn is just to die for.

He's simply too adorable for words!

A shame to hear that Malavai is now under the name Quinn instead, but we loyal Quinnmancers will forever know his true name! ;) I am really looking forward to proceeding onwards with my levelling so I also can experience the reunion with Malavai, though I'm not looking forward to quest without him... :(

Still, I'm happy to hear that the relationship that's been built up won't be forgotten upon his return.

An additional question: I thought you had to have rank 50 with him in order to get his proposal, instead he popped it to me at rank 49. Do I still need to raise it to 50 for the follow-up with companion gifts?

Eeeee! Looking so much forward to this!! :p

Welcome fellow Quinnmancer!

To answer a few things....if you don't want to wait too long to get him back, you can start Iokath at any time after you hit lvl 70 and get him back through that storyline if you don't want to just snag him from the companion terminal on Odessen. I just did this today with my most recent SW. Head-canon is that, once they get to Odessen, she pretty much says that she's not doing another single thing until they find her husband. They contact Acina who pretty much says "Yeah, I can help you with this....if you help me with this superweapon". Obviously I still have to head-canon a lot of the missing lead-up, but I prefer to get him back like this so I can have him run with me for whatever missions will let me from then on out. (Which, unfortunately, you do get saddled with Theron, Lana, Senya, and/or any of the other KotFE companions for most of it. But I can at least take him with me through the Star Fortresses and on Alerts.)

Also, your companion rank has no bearing on the relationship or proposal.....it's all determined by where you are in the storyline and what choices you made when interacting with him. He was only rank 20 with my SW when he proposed. I have yet to get any companion up to 50.

Enjoy!

Edited by feylyndiira

Oh, this is the perfect thread as I want some questions answered in regards to Malavai Quinn!

I'm a returning player to the game and this is the first time in years that I've actually played it thoroughly, especially when it comes to all class storylines.

I'm currently levelling my first Sith Warrior, she is level 46 as of right now and recently married Malavai Quinn. At least, I think so? He asked if she wanted to marry him and I had her say yes (of course!).

Now I'm asking for spoilers... Once Malavai proposes, that's it? They're just magically married? If so, why doesn't it say anything under the 'interactions' section?

I'm also wondering about the return of Malavai in the later expansions, which if I've understood correctly will occur in the latest expansion, will you actually regain him as a follower once more?

Welcome! I see that the others have answered your questions, but it's nice to have a new Quinnmancer in the ranks :D

I hope you enjoy the craziness here and visit often, if not move in lol. :D

I think SW should've gotten to have a wedding cutscene, much like JK gets. I always felt a bit ripped off that we didn't get to have an Imperial wedding ceremony. I would've loved that.

Nope! Companion storylines aren't tied to affection/influence any longer - instead, they're tied to where your character is in their class story. :)

Oh wow... I had no idea about this. I've just wasted million of credits to get him up to 50 for this particular reason. Perhaps not for nought, as he runs my errands with my professions much quicker than any other companion of mine, but still!

Now I know not to do this again, haha!

Welcome fellow Quinnmancer!

To answer a few things....if you don't want to wait too long to get him back, you can start Iokath at any time after you hit lvl 70 and get him back through that storyline if you don't want to just snag him from the companion terminal on Odessen. I just did this today with my most recent SW. Head-canon is that, once they get to Odessen, she pretty much says that she's not doing another single thing until they find her husband. They contact Acina who pretty much says "Yeah, I can help you with this....if you help me with this superweapon". Obviously I still have to head-canon a lot of the missing lead-up, but I prefer to get him back like this so I can have him run with me for whatever missions will let me from then on out. (Which, unfortunately, you do get saddled with Theron, Lana, Senya, and/or any of the other KotFE companions for most of it. But I can at least take him with me through the Star Fortresses and on Alerts.)

Enjoy!

Oh, this is a very interesting turn...

I do want to quest throughout the whole thing of course, for the experience and to sit on the knowledge of everything that's happened. If I decide to go straight to Iokath once I hit 70, will I miss out on anything special?

Welcome! I see that the others have answered your questions, but it's nice to have a new Quinnmancer in the ranks :D

I hope you enjoy the craziness here and visit often, if not move in lol. :D

I think SW should've gotten to have a wedding cutscene, much like JK gets. I always felt a bit ripped off that we didn't get to have an Imperial wedding ceremony. I would've loved that.

Why, thank you very much! I might just move in already!

Indeed, I can understand why BioWare decided against to give all a wedding cutscene, but who doesn't love Malavai Quinn?! :eek:

Edited by Nalriel

Oh, this is a very interesting turn...

I do want to quest throughout the whole thing of course, for the experience and to sit on the knowledge of everything that's happened. If I decide to go straight to Iokath once I hit 70, will I miss out on anything special?

Actually, you just might. If you go to Iokath once you hit 70, a) much of the story won't make sense, and b) decisions will be made for you (if you're a warrior, I believe you'll automatically have dark-side decisions in the KOTFE/KOTET storyline, even if you go back and do KOTFE/KOTET later). Those dark-side decisions affect the beginning of the Iokath storyline, deciding which people have lived or died in your story, etc.

I'd recommend doing KOTFE/KOTET first, even if you hit level 70 before that storyline or somewhere in the middle of it. ;)

I agree, it is a lot of work, but I would recommend playing through all of the chapters first so stuff makes sense and stuff does not get picked for you. Also you get a letter from Malavai in chapter 3 ;) Edited by Nightfrogger

Actually, you just might. If you go to Iokath once you hit 70, a) much of the story won't make sense, and b) decisions will be made for you (if you're a warrior, I believe you'll automatically have dark-side decisions in the KOTFE/KOTET storyline, even if you go back and do KOTFE/KOTET later). Those dark-side decisions affect the beginning of the Iokath storyline, deciding which people have lived or died in your story, etc.

I'd recommend doing KOTFE/KOTET first, even if you hit level 70 before that storyline or somewhere in the middle of it. ;)

Sadly, when I did it today, it assumed light-side decisions for some odd reason. My SW is Dark IV, teetering on Dark V, and made DS decisions through the lead-up chapters to Odessen.....but once I got to Iokath, it made her the "Peacekeeper Commander" as opposed to the "Empress" (though Quinn still called me Empress in the letter). I'm guessing it's because she refused Valkorian's power...which annoys me that it's considered a LS choice.

On a lighter note, I did get a funny little glitch out of it.....two Quinn's in my SH (too bad they're just holo's)!

http://imgur.com/5F5NrOl

Oh, this is the perfect thread as I want some questions answered in regards to Malavai Quinn!

I'm a returning player to the game and this is the first time in years that I've actually played it thoroughly, especially when it comes to all class storylines.

I'm currently levelling my first Sith Warrior, she is level 46 as of right now and recently married Malavai Quinn. At least, I think so? He asked if she wanted to marry him and I had her say yes (of course!).

Now I'm asking for spoilers... Once Malavai proposes, that's it? They're just magically married? If so, why doesn't it say anything under the 'interactions' section?

I'm also wondering about the return of Malavai in the later expansions, which if I've understood correctly will occur in the latest expansion, will you actually regain him as a follower once more?

Welcome :)

I think most companions get "magically married" (I love that phrase) and now (as mentioned earlier) you have all of Malavai's letters to look forward too <3 :D The only actual companion wedding iirc is to Doc the Jedi Knight which is brilliantly done.

There's still time for this - maybe we should send another PM with this as a suggestion, I mean

the Empress of the Alliance really should be allowed to reaffirm her love for Malavai Quinn properly especially as he spent at least 5 years in prison for not giving up on his warrior

All right, I will definitely go through all expansions before hitting Iokath first then :) Thanks for the tips and advices everyone!

Sadly, when I did it today, it assumed light-side decisions for some odd reason. My SW is Dark IV, teetering on Dark V, and made DS decisions through the lead-up chapters to Odessen.....but once I got to Iokath, it made her the "Peacekeeper Commander" as opposed to the "Empress" (though Quinn still called me Empress in the letter). I'm guessing it's because she refused Valkorian's power...which annoys me that it's considered a LS choice.

On a lighter note, I did get a funny little glitch out of it.....two Quinn's in my SH (too bad they're just holo's)!

So, if you choose to refuse Valkorian's power, you get the "Peacekeeper Commander" title and if you don't, you get the "Empress" title? I didn't even know you could get a title, Empress would obviously fit a SW much more!

I think most companions get "magically married" (I love that phrase) and now (as mentioned earlier) you have all of Malavai's letters to look forward too <3 :D The only actual companion wedding iirc is to Doc the Jedi Knight which is brilliantly done.

Thank you! I really can't wait to read all those letters, it makes me want to hit 60 as soon as possible so I can start the KotFE expansion.

Unfortunately I never saw the attraction with the Doc, if anything I found him annoyingly frustrating :( I completely missed, from what it sounds like, an awesome cutscene since my Jedi Knight is now level 53...

Edited by Nalriel

It's just people having fun and enjoying part of the game as a group in a thread, I don't see the need for you to come in and smear negativity in here out of spite. If you don't like it ignore it. It's as simple as that.

Anyway I won't post anything further regarding this, this has been a positive thread and it would be a shame to see it turn into a warzone. Adios! o7

If a mod decides to remove certain unnecessary posts, please remove mine too.:rak_03:

I don't care that you have this silly, little fangirl club, but it's should not be in the general forum. It's not news or interesting.

I don't care that you have this silly, little fangirl club, but it's should not be in the general forum. It's not news or interesting.

This is the "General Discussion" forum. Not the "News and/or What Lundorff Thinks Is Interesting" forum. You know, if you don't like a post, you can just...I don't know...maybe skip over it or something. You know, like so many of us already do with the hundreds of whining, "SWTOR SUCKS", "This Crappy Game is Dead", "Give us MOAR Ops/PVP/Story You Jerks", "People Who Don't Play Like I Do Are Noob Losers", etc etc threads on here. Gods forbid someone should try to actually have fun. We should all be miserable whiners, complaining about something. That's what General Discussion is here for....right? Or at least it seems to be these days. Now shoo...or we shall taunt you a second time....and post more Quinn love! (Actually, we'll keep doing that whether or not you leave. In fact, thanks for posting.....it's keeping this thread on the top.) :D:rak_01:

If you'll notice, there are several pvp topics on the general forum. There are some about strongholds. Hey, there's some story discussion going on with a writer. That's what general means, guy. I'm sure if you wanted, you could disperse every thread on the general page into their own specialized forums. But no, you chose this one.

I see that you've started over 25 threads this year mostly about pvp. I would consider that a pretty intense interest in the subject. I happen to think the pvp in this game is silly and am not interested, but yet, I did not jump into a pvp thread on the general forums to tell them that their interest is silly and they should go away.

And I just have this strong feeling that you felt the need to do this in this particular thread because it's mostly women. Because we're all so silly. And pvp and strong holds and raiding and endless server merger and CXP theories and arguments aren't silly because they aren't strictly "little fangirl" things.

Everything else here is very serious business except this thread, where people are getting a long and aren't afraid to genuinely like something. Got it. :rolleyes:

I got the peacekeeper cutscene as well, and from what everyone has figured out, it's because I had an open chapter of Kotfeet when I started Iokath and it bugged out. Did you have an unfinished chapter in your log?

General discussion is defined as discussing anything that has to do with the game, and the SW story and the companion Malavai Quinn is relevant to the game.

If you don't find it informative or interesting, that's fine, it's subjective what people want to be informed about, or participate in. ( For example, I for one, don't care about PVP concerns, but out of respect for those that do, I tend to stay out of their threads. I don't go in and call them silly.)

This thread has been one of the few fun and positive threads about the game and is a nice contrast to the daily whine that defines the rest of General. There needs to be balance in the Force and this thread does that quite nicely.

That said, you are welcome to spend time in our 'silly little fan girl club' if you like, but please don't say it's not news or uninteresting because it is to the majority of us here. :)

Edited by Lunafox

There's still time for this - maybe we should send another PM with this as a suggestion, I mean

the Empress of the Alliance really should be allowed to reaffirm her love for Malavai Quinn properly especially as he spent at least 5 years in prison for not giving up on his warrior

I agree, after being apart for 5 years, and poor Malavai being in prison for most of that time, we should get a wedding cutscene to reaffirm our vows. Actually all the people reuniting with their loved ones should. :)

So, if you choose to refuse Valkorian's power, you get the "Peacekeeper Commander" title and if you don't, you get the "Empress" title? I didn't even know you could get a title, Empress would obviously fit a SW much more!

I don't think you get either "title" for display, it's just what the story calls you and what the story shows you doing in Iokath. And I thought it was based on the decision you made at the ending of Kotfe, not whether you accept Valkorion's power. I may be wrong.

In all the kerfuffle, I almost missed this:

Now that I am awake enough to get back to that desert Quinn outfit challenge. Here is my submission :)

http://disantia.deviantart.com/art/Quinn-Desert-Edition-692068208

That's a really great submission to the desert challenge. I'm going to try and get one done up tonight and share it with all you Quinnmancing lovlies. :D

Also, Nightfrogger, I forwarded your letter and Keith's response to OfficerDonNZ through email because he was curious, but isn't subbed atm. :)

Edited by Lunafox

I don't think you get either "title" for display, it's just what the story calls you and what the story shows you doing in Iokath. And I thought it was based on the decision you made at the ending of Kotfe, not whether you accept Valkorion's power. I may be wrong.

Oh, I look forward to see how it evolves then :)

I got the peacekeeper cutscene as well, and from what everyone has figured out, it's because I had an open chapter of Kotfeet when I started Iokath and it bugged out. Did you have an unfinished chapter in your log?

Depends on how you define "open". I had a chapter available to play, but I hadn't started it. In fact, after it started the automatic cutscene for it, I esc'ed out of it and abandoned the quest, just to be on the safe side. I'm still guessing it's because I kept refusing Valkorian's power.