Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

I'm in the process of levelling another light sided warrior - I did not realise there was an option I could take in which Zylixx lives. Unfortunately, I've only managed to choose options that lead to a death fight - even on my previous light sided Jedi. I know Zylixx is a little bit off the Quinn thread, however had you not posted that I would never have found about choosing options that let him live, as I quite liked that he was on the cusp of the dark side. I wonder what the crew would have been like if warriors had been able to have Zylixx as a companion instead of Broonmark? Well, apart from the double eye candy that is - the warrior and Jaesa would never have got any work done with Quinn and Zylixx around & Vette stirring the pot. Pierce would have despaired!

I was the same way. Every time I played, he ended up dying until I looked at the conversation on TORCommunity and I saw the options where you could let him live and try to turn him. So, I ended up doing that on Hyperia. I would have loved to have had him as a companion.

And I know a few people were curious about the "Who was FimmRess' master on the Dark Council?" question, so here's his answer to that.

I never settled on an answer for who FimmRess served. Back then I could have made a case for it to have been Vowrawn. I could see him assigning someone to watch over or try to influence a known Baras pawn. But there's been so much done with him since, I'd think FinnRess would have shown up at some point. I remember toying with the idea that he secretly served Baras, too -- Baras having circles upon circles and people imbedded at every level and purpose. That's still my favorite thought.

I was the same way. Every time I played, he ended up dying until I looked at the conversation on TORCommunity and I saw the options where you could let him live and try to turn him. So, I ended up doing that on Hyperia. I would have loved to have had him as a companion.

I wish we could have spared Tremel's daughter, I would have liked to take her under my wing or at least have run into her again.

And I know a few people were curious about the "Who was FimmRess' master on the Dark Council?" question, so here's his answer to that.

I never settled on an answer for who FimmRess served. Back then I could have made a case for it to have been Vowrawn. I could see him assigning someone to watch over or try to influence a known Baras pawn. But there's been so much done with him since, I'd think FinnRess would have shown up at some point. I remember toying with the idea that he secretly served Baras, too -- Baras having circles upon circles and people imbedded at every level and purpose. That's still my favorite thought.

All of these writer insights are more than making up for the current team totally ignoring us :D I <3. Neil Poliner! (I'm not finding a wiki for him. I'd like to see what else he's written.)

All of these writer insights are more than making up for the current team totally ignoring us :D I <3. Neil Poliner! (I'm not finding a wiki for him. I'd like to see what else he's written.)

He wrote PeeBee's story on ME:A and was a "Senior writer" on ME3. That's as much as I could find as far as video games. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2104232/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

EDIT: Here's his actual resume on LinkedIn which goes into more detail: https://ca.linkedin.com/in/neil-pollner-82447a5

Edited by feylyndiira

Damn I'm probably too late to the party here. I appreciate you asking it, but I was kinda disappointed in his answer, because it really didn't tell us anything new, just confirmed what most of us already thought about the actual event. But I'm more interested in how it actually started there on Balmorra and the psychology of betraying someone.

I've imagined that Quinn was totally impressed by the Warrior on Balmorra and genuinely loved working with them. Baras noticed how well they liked each other and saw himself a perfect opportunity to use a spy, ordered Quinn to make a show of "choosing" to serve the Warrior, and then Quinn reported on the Warrior's activities the whole time. I think Quinn saw how much the Warrior liked him and used that to his advantage, deliberately pushing and pulling back to keep the Warrior's interest. I don't think it occurred to the Warrior that they were being led on, I think the Warrior was so head over heels. I imagine that Quinn suppressed his initial attraction to the Warrior, but then couldn't do that anymore after a while. I think he was disappointed in himself and saw that as a personal weakness and decided that serving Baras and the Empire above his own personal love was the right thing to do.

I think he really did try with the droids, because I don't think that Quinn would believe that falling on his own sword would do the Empire any good. When he saw he was defeated he expected to die, but when the warrior spared him, all loyalty he felt toward Baras evaporated and he's been loyal to the Warrior ever since. Probably regrets every day of his life not following his own instincts and telling the Warrior the situation from the start.

I think that him being in imperial prison during Kotfe was a good decision on the writers and showed he learned that lesson and wasn't going to put the Empire's interests above his own anymore. I just wish that reunion gave us some explanation like the above from him, even if it was totally different than what I wrote. The reunion ******** we got was just that, total ********, and made me wish someone that actually cared about the character had written it. I'm still mad.

Those were a lot of words. I'm sorry not sorry :D

Damn I'm probably too late to the party here. I appreciate you asking it, but I was kinda disappointed in his answer, because it really didn't tell us anything new, just confirmed what most of us already thought about the actual event. But I'm more interested in how it actually started there on Balmorra and the psychology of betraying someone.

I've imagined that Quinn was totally impressed by the Warrior on Balmorra and genuinely loved working with them. Baras noticed how well they liked each other and saw himself a perfect opportunity to use a spy, ordered Quinn to make a show of "choosing" to serve the Warrior, and then Quinn reported on the Warrior's activities the whole time. I think Quinn saw how much the Warrior liked him and used that to his advantage, deliberately pushing and pulling back to keep the Warrior's interest. I don't think it occurred to the Warrior that they were being led on, I think the Warrior was so head over heels. I imagine that Quinn suppressed his initial attraction to the Warrior, but then couldn't do that anymore after a while. I think he was disappointed in himself and saw that as a personal weakness and decided that serving Baras and the Empire above his own personal love was the right thing to do.

I think he really did try with the droids, because I don't think that Quinn would believe that falling on his own sword would do the Empire any good. When he saw he was defeated he expected to die, but when the warrior spared him, all loyalty he felt toward Baras evaporated and he's been loyal to the Warrior ever since. Probably regrets every day of his life not following his own instincts and telling the Warrior the situation from the start.

I think that him being in imperial prison during Kotfe was a good decision on the writers and showed he learned that lesson and wasn't going to put the Empire's interests above his own anymore. I just wish that reunion gave us some explanation like the above from him, even if it was totally different than what I wrote. The reunion ******** we got was just that, total ********, and made me wish someone that actually cared about the character had written it. I'm still mad.

Those were a lot of words. I'm sorry not sorry :D

This is pretty close to how I wrote my fanfic so far. Where Baras notices the warrior's fascination with Quinn (and Quinn's admiration of her) and decides to use that. Baras is quite obviously used to using the people that someone cares about against them. So, having the warrior fall for Quinn, then being able to use that against her by having Quinn be the one to stick the dagger in (innuendo not implied...maybe) when the time comes, would be the ultimate way to break her spirit in his eyes. (Similar to the way Draahg really butters her up with praise before trying to kill her) And I interpreted Quinn's reluctance to get involved with her as a mix of military training, plus the knowledge that if he got too involved with her, his usefulness to Baras would be at an end since he wouldn't be able to be objective about her or betray her when needed (not to mention, Baras would be able to use that against him, if need be). And that worked to Baras' advantage because it strung her along enough to fascinate her even more.The more he pushed her away, the more she wanted him.

That's cool :D Cause as you know, I did think that he seemed the sort to belong to Vowrawn. But as Neil said, it would have also been an interesting choice to have him be Baras' too. I'm going to stick with my own initial thoughts on this one, and consider him Vowrawn's. This is great, I'm so glad you're asking him these things!

I used to get moaned at for not shaving by a former lady in my life something fierce.

A truly exceptional opponent she was.

She was one of the three.

Well, the five o'clock shadow is sexxxy to behold...to look at, but kissing someone who has it, is a bit like making out with sandpaper lol.

That's cool :D Cause as you know, I did think that he seemed the sort to belong to Vowrawn. But as Neil said, it would have also been an interesting choice to have him be Baras' too. I'm going to stick with my own initial thoughts on this one, and consider him Vowrawn's. This is great, I'm so glad you're asking him these things!

Yup! I brought up my theory that perhaps it could have been Ravage....since he was over the Sphere of Diplomacy and Expansion, as well as an ally of Baras' and he said that had pretty good potential as well.

Yup! I brought up my theory that perhaps it could have been Ravage....since he was over the Sphere of Diplomacy and Expansion, as well as an ally of Baras' and he said that had pretty good potential as well.

I agree, Ravage would've been another great choice. Fimmress seemed quite reasonable, so that's why I figured he was with the affable Vowrawn.

Be nice to our man. :)

I was nice to him last time I SWed and he rocked up with two inadequately powered droids and a villainous smirk.

We have to put a stop to this nonsense before it starts. If he shows up with Skytroopers this time I am going to have to fire him out of the proton torpedo tube.....do they even fire from tubes?

I was nice to him last time I SWed and he rocked up with two inadequately powered droids and a villainous smirk.

We have to put a stop to this nonsense before it starts. If he shows up with Skytroopers this time I am going to have to fire him out of the proton torpedo tube.....do they even fire from tubes?

Not 'we' lol. I don't abuse my man. Beside's it's not his fault. :)

He made the call. I even helped him murder Admiral Mad McMadpants.

Tough love is the way.

Well, he will have plenty of time to earn forgiveness :) And remember for your female warrior Quinn becomes completely devoted despite us getting to go super dark on him, force choke him and let him see our real Sith side after taking out his slightly-better-than-lego-droids. And he's still in! What a man :D As Damask_Rose says, maybe Quinn likes a bit of backhand...Purple Quinn may have a comment on this when he's free again ;)