The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

We get a letter from Quinn after Umbara? :D Yay! I hope we get letters from other LI's, too.

I have it on good authority that you do (well from the ones who have returned)

Quinn's a dirty traitor. Where's Jaesa?

No he's not. He betrayed only the warrior for what he was convinced by "fatass" was for the good of the Empire,

Theron's traitorism is far worse as he has gone against an entire alliance and worse still if you chose light side options

In our world Quinn was forgiven long ago and has been loyal since. Let's face it, his little assassination attempt, if you choose to ally with the republic, was not very effective deliberately so. Quinn does not miss. Oh and I expect Jaesa is now with Filbert Widmark Pierce. Just to spite you :p

(edited to make sense)!

Edited by Sarova

I melted into a pond of little happiness after reading that letter from Malavai. I needed it soooo much after my poor Inquisitor getting totally heartbroken. (Seriously, what happened hurt him so much I cried; tears rolled down my face :().

I melted into a pond of little happiness after reading that letter from Malavai. I needed it soooo much after my poor Inquisitor getting totally heartbroken. (Seriously, what happened hurt him so much I cried; tears rolled down my face :().

The sweet words dear Malavai wrote to my Wrath- best part since my head canon then involves him getting a rare reprieve from Vette who is nice for a moment, basically a 'you're not Theron', after which they resumed their usual banter.

My Wrath is upset but she's had to watch herself- she's still healing after Valkorian and losing that centre to her universe (light sided but was loyal to her Emperor), having Malavai back helps.

Same with my Smuggler...even though I already knew who the traitor was to begin with. She's going to pretty much give up on love, I think. First, she loses Corso (or is my headcanon since she opted not to marry him, so she got no letter from him...nothing...even after all of his "I'll always be here, waiting for you" talk), so she eventually moved on...and now she loses her new love. :-(

I promised myself to mercilessly point out every hypocrite who says Arcann is love, Umbara traitor is love, but "die scum die Quinn!!!111!!"

Every. Single. One.

No. Mercy.

I won't suffer any more double standards. :mad:

Either all people who try to kill you/imprison you deserve a lightsaber in their gut, or all of them deserve a chance of forgiveness. If someone gets in my face because of my Quinnmancing, but is Umbara-traitormancing themselves, I'll punch them in their face :p

New content spoiler and speculation:

Especially since I think Umbara traitor isn't really doing it because they want to. Just like Malavai didn't want to. They are both forced by circumstances and "bigger picture".

I promised myself to mercilessly point out every hypocrite who says Arcann is love, Umbara traitor is love, but "die scum die Quinn!!!111!!"

Every. Single. One.

No. Mercy.

I won't suffer any more double standards. :mad:

Either all people who try to kill you/imprison you deserve a lightsaber in their gut, or all of them deserve a chance of forgiveness. If someone gets in my face because of my Quinnmancing, but is Umbara-traitormancing themselves, I'll punch them in their face :p

New content spoiler and speculation:

Especially since I think Umbara traitor isn't really doing it because they want to. Just like Malavai didn't want to. They are both forced by circumstances and "bigger picture".

Hahaha! Yes!

It always kills me when people are, on one hand, "Quinn is a scummy traitor and must DIE HORRIBLY!!!!!11111! Because ALL TRAITORS MUST DIE!!11!!1!1!", but then turn around and beg for genocidal, war-mongering, murderous, dictator Arcann (or psychopathic murdering headcase Vaylin) as an LI....or aren't immediately calling for The Umbara Traitor's head on a pike.

So, randomly checked my sith assassin who has done the Iokath story (Republic aligned). Of course, Malavai did not join her as a companion. However, apparently she reunited with Quinn but they decided to go their separate ways. :confused:

I'm pretty sure it didn't say that before today. I'm also pretty sure I'd remember if my assassin had ever met Malavai before Iokath.

The same thing happened to me on my warrior, and she's been romancing Quinn from the get-go. I'm pretty sure it's just a flashpoint-specific bug, because my log reverted back to its correct information (reunited/continued romance) once I was out of the flashpoint. Is yours still reading incorrectly?

Every. Single. One.

No. Mercy.

-SNIP-

PREACH!

I feel like that's exactly where this storyline is headed, and I'm 100% certain that everything will be forgiven and the traitor's "traitor" status forgotten when their motives are thoroughly explained and romanticized in the main story, something poor Quinn never got.

I don't think everyone who wants the traitor back despises Quinn. I'm certainly feeling very unwelcome here now, for liking all 3 of said characters ...

Though I almost want all 3 of them as LI's for one character.

spoilers - Umbara traitor etc.

Class story part be with Malavai, then get with Theron and choose not to take Malavai back as husband, then lose Theron, curse and end up with the megalomaniac villian wacko who locked her in carbonite for 5 years among many other things. It'd be a trainwreck and I'd love it...

"how could I do any worse?" - my SW, probably.

*going to impatiently wait for the next tiny story snippet* exciting.

I don't think everyone who wants the traitor back despises Quinn. I'm certainly feeling very unwelcome here now, for liking all 3 of said characters ...

Though I almost want all 3 of them as LI's for one character.

It's not about who you like, or how many of those I listed. I love Umbara-traitor myself.

It's about people who attack me for liking Quinn because he's a traitor, but see no problem in them liking Arcann, because he's such a saint, huh? It's about those who attack Quinn for turning against you, but love Kaliyo in spite of her turning against you. Double standards. As long as they stay on NPCs, it doesn't matter much. But *I*, a player, a person, have been attacked many times because I like "that traitor scum".

If a person doesn't have a problem with Umbara-traitor, but attacks me, because I don't have a problem with Warrior traitor, then they can go kriff themselves. :mad:

The same thing happened to me on my warrior, and she's been romancing Quinn from the get-go. I'm pretty sure it's just a flashpoint-specific bug, because my log reverted back to its correct information (reunited/continued romance) once I was out of the flashpoint. Is yours still reading incorrectly?

I didn't do the flashpoint. The quest to talk to Theron auto popped up in my quest log because I completed Iokath prior to this update but other than that, I've done nothing with Umbara.

(Tbh, I'm not even likely to touch the flashpoint until I know the resolution of this particular story arc.)

If a person doesn't have a problem with Umbara-traitor, but attacks me, because I don't have a problem with Warrior traitor, then they can go kriff themselves. :mad:

If that's their sole reason for disliking one and liking another and it's bad enough to have a go at someone else, that's very hypocritical and rude.

It's not about who you like, or how many of those I listed. I love Umbara-traitor myself.

It's about people who attack me for liking Quinn because he's a traitor, but see no problem in them liking Arcann, because he's such a saint, huh? It's about those who attack Quinn for turning against you, but love Kaliyo in spite of her turning against you. Double standards. As long as they stay on NPCs, it doesn't matter much. But *I*, a player, a person, have been attacked many times because I like "that traitor scum".

Why is there no "Like" button?!

It doesn't matter who you want as an LI. Personally, I like redeemed Arcann as a character. If they made him an LI, I'd probably make a character for him just to see it. It's the hypocrisy some people have of hating Quinn (because he betrayed you once) but saying whatever Umbara-traitor did or Arcann did is totally ok and all is forgiven. Although, for the Umbara-traitor, I'm refraining from from passing judgement until the end of this story.

If that's their sole reason for disliking one and liking another and it's bad enough to have a go at someone else, that's very hypocritical and rude.

Exactly. This and only this was my point.

Sorry, if I made you feel unwelcome. You are very welcome! Like whoever you want for whatever reasons and forgiveness you want to give them. Or not give them. :)

This is about rude people who take it to RL with double standards on top of that.

That said, I noticed a significant drop in personal attacks since Iokath. I guess finally having a chance to off Malavai gave them release they needed, and they leave Quinnmancers alone... for the most part. Once in a while someone still pops here to poop on our party :cool:

^^What she said. I have no problem with anyone who wants to forgive Arcann and/or the Umbara Traitor. I just don't like double-standards from people who think that Quinn...because he was a "traitor"...needs to die a horrible death, but doesn't apply those same standards to Arcann and/or the Umbara Traitor (or, for that matter, Vaylin or Kaliyo).

I could care less if anyone personally attacks me over it. I mean, really, it's a fictional character. Anyone who attacks me as a person over what pixellated character I like in a video game isn't worth my time to even worry about.

Edited by feylyndiira

I could care less if anyone personally attacks me over it. I mean, really, it's a fictional character. Anyone who attacks me as a person over what pixellated character I like in a video game isn't worth my time to even worry about.

Normally I find such people pathetic and pitiful, but sometimes it's just too many in a short span of time. I had teammates subvert a pvp match (refused to guard or heal me) when I was on Milivai Quinn. I constantly have people barging into my convos with other people on twitter to announce how much they hate Quinn (sadly, the same happened today for Umbara-traitor). I had people attacking my Malavai companion in my own stronghold. I had people spitting and "pushing out of the airlock" emoting my Milivai Quinn character on the fleet.

I am a very vocal defender of Quinn, drawing a lot of attention, especially in that period before Iokath and the announcement of his return. People on the fleet whispered me, asking if I was that particular person on Twitter. I was told by my guildies I was famous (or rather very infamous) on Reddit (I don't visit or read that) among Quinn haters who apparently were ************ about me (that one amuses me to no ends :D).

We constantly get people coming here with their negativity. Those aren't personal attacks, because we are legion, but apparently some people just feel a need of telling you they can't stand you liking something they don't, and that's why you suck. Some of those visitors called us crazy, didn't they? :D

Okay this is my writers speculation on what could be going on. Spoilers contained.

Seeing that Theron was basically raised as a Jedi and his family has a history of doing things for the greater good...love life be damned... and that he is a spy. Revan left his love to go seek out the Emperor and bring a stop to him, His mother left Malcom and gave her son up to the order to be a Jedi...

I see this as a chance that he is doing this as a triple agent. He could have uncovered something that is worse that is probably having plans of pulling the galaxy back into war. If he were to play triple agent to the book he would look like he betrayed us and try to leave us in the dark so we would play our parts properly so he could infiltrate this organization and gain their trust. The writers have already used this in the imperial agent story so why not rehash?

My thoughts on it. So either way we should treat him like a traitor until/if he comes back and truly does the I did this for the greater good to stop them thing. Star Wars is all about redemption stories so I see this being a possibility. But I also see them giving us a chance to kill him now as well...since well choices mater. They gave us a chance to redeem Arcann... they let us forgive Malavai... Luke redeemed his father...I am going to guess Theron will be no different. My two cents on how I see this possibly playing out.

Edited by Nightfrogger

Okay this is my writers speculation on what could be going on. Spoilers contained.

Seeing that Theron was basically raised as a Jedi and his family has a history of doing things for the greater good...love life be damned... and that he is a spy. Revan left his love to go seek out the Emperor and bring a stop to him, His mother left Malcom and gave her son up to the order to be a Jedi...

I see this as a chance that he is doing this as a triple agent. He could have uncovered something that is worse that is probably having plans of pulling the galaxy back into war. If he were to play triple agent to the book he would look like he betrayed us and try to leave us in the dark so we would play our parts properly so he could infiltrate this organization and gain their trust. The writers have already used this in the imperial agent story so why not rehash?

My thoughts on it. So either way we should treat him like a traitor until/if he comes back and truly does the I did this for the greater good to stop them thing. Star Wars is all about redemption stories so I see this being a possibility. But I also see them giving us a chance to kill him now as well...since well choices mater. They gave us a chance to redeem Arcann... they let us forgive Malavai... Luke redeemed his father...I am going to guess Theron will be no different. My two cents on how I see this possibly playing out.

There were...

...quite a few hints in Umbara that would support double agent theory, so it's my suspicion too. Those hints are in dialogue, actions, and facial expressions. I'd be very surprised if Theron betrayed for reasons he shared. That's it's all there is.

I only hope it's not wishful thinking. I'd be heartbroken if it's really over between him and my Inq, and even more that he's taken away from me.

I only hope it's not wishful thinking. I'd be heartbroken if it's really over between him and my Inq, and even more that he's taken away from me.

If that happens I will start with a rage quit and end with a bioware pitchfork invasion! They had better not even be thinking that option. Malavai, Theron and Aric are my favourites in this game. Kill off Theron? Hell no :mad:

If that happens I will start with a rage quit and end with a bioware pitchfork invasion! They had better not even be thinking that option. Malavai, Theron and Aric are my favourites in this game. Kill off Theron? Hell no :mad:

You know what is the worst in this?

We'd be permanently stuck with banana and not any other NPC would ever appear in the story.

Because, as this new baby-content showed, we have no chances of seeing anyone else.

So much for having more Malavai. :(

I hate her now more than ever before because everyone else was taken away from me, and now it's only her there.:mad: As if she wasn't forced on us enough yet. :mad:

We'd be permanently stuck with banana and not any other NPC would ever appear in the story.

Because, as this new baby-content showed, we have no chances of seeing anyone else.

I hate her now more than ever before because everyone else was taken away from me, and now it's only her there.:mad: As if she wasn't forced on us enough yet. :mad:

in other threads many people have suggested that to move back to republic vs empire they will have to kill of both Theron and Lana. As much as I dislike Lana being forced on us the whole time, killing off either of them at this point would be a stupid decision that will be the end of the game for most current players. Better to include an option in which players can keep their love interest and choose to keep Theron and/or Lana. I have to say that I was one of the people who complained about "too much Lana" and that we needed more Theron - well I got that wish even though I may not like how it was done. Theron is now central to the story - I just hope for the option to get a happy ending!

As for our class companions, I have a feeling that there will be some content involving them in 6.0 that's not cheap cop-out letters or crappy alliance alert style quests as there have been a lot of players request this in various threads.

Ditto....I am sooo tired of the Lana Show. Ever since I first met her in the SoR storyline, she's been almost stalkerish. She's everywhere, always tagging along like a puppy dog, hovering over you when you wake up, always with the "I'm your friend and I care so much about you!" lines, even if you don't act like you like her. I'd have loved the KotFE/ET storylines 1000x better if they'd just subbed Lana for our character's respective LIs...because she freaking acts like one, whether you romanced her or treated her like the dirt under your shoe.

Ditto....I am sooo tired of the Lana Show. Ever since I first met her in the SoR storyline, she's been almost stalkerish. She's everywhere, always tagging along like a puppy dog, hovering over you when you wake up, always with the "I'm your friend and I care so much about you!" lines, even if you don't act like you like her. I'd have loved the KotFE/ET storylines 1000x better if they'd just subbed Lana for our character's respective LIs...because she freaking acts like one, whether you romanced her or treated her like the dirt under your shoe.

Seems rather like two other BioWare creator's pets whose names begin with L and end with A. :p Liara and Leliana, Mass Effect and Dragon Age respectively. Apparently even if you treat them like dirt, come the second or third games in their series and they're automatically your best friend forever. (If you KILL Leliana, she shows up alive and well in later games. ...well, okay, in Leliana's case, that's actually justified and plausibly explained - at the last minute in the third game - but still.)

My concern for the current plot is that if there is an option to kill him off for some he will go the way of all other potentially dead companions and be minimized for everyone after that. That regardless of our choices he will be essentially lost to us. Even though I have no doubt he isn't really a traitor, I fear enough people are calling for his blood that the devs. will indulge that bloodlust, much like they catered to the Quinn haters and shafted the Quinn lovers. A lot of people want to kill him just because rather than for an actual reason. (I can sympathize, I'd love to kill Lemda Avesta for no other reason than how irritating she is.) I have this niggling suspicion that they expressed interest in providing a male force using companion as a love interest to replace Theron as our go to guy romance.

My concern for the current plot is that if there is an option to kill him off for some he will go the way of all other potentially dead companions and be minimized for everyone after that. That regardless of our choices he will be essentially lost to us. Even though I have no doubt he isn't really a traitor, I fear enough people are calling for his blood that the devs. will indulge that bloodlust, much like they catered to the Quinn haters and shafted the Quinn lovers. A lot of people want to kill him just because rather than for an actual reason. (I can sympathize, I'd love to kill Lemda Avesta for no other reason than how irritating she is.) I have this niggling suspicion that they expressed interest in providing a male force using companion as a love interest to replace Theron as our go to guy romance.

So... queue Arcann as the next male romance option then? :cool:;) ::runs and hides:: :D