Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

Just curious why some of you folks feel like you need to post things like this in a fangirl/boy thread? :confused: You see a thread with little hearts and smilies and giggling girls having fun and you feel it's important to dump on it for some reason?

Its my thoughts on the Character. You speak on your Lovely thoughts for Quinn and i talk about my characters Hatred towards him.

Either or at least i am sticking to some what of the topic, an emotional side of the topic. it just isn't about love.

So Relax, and enjoy your fantasies about your boy toy. it's all good......

Take Care & Be well............

Right... some of us will "love" to dismember ole boi. :D

I gotta admit tho, this thread is a refreshing change of pace to the arrrrrrrRGN" rage threads. Even tho I personally hate him, it's funny to see the Quinn fangirls geeking out on jones finally returning. :D Never realized buddy was that much of a rockstar. :cool:

So enjoy your "50 shades of Quinn" thread ladies (or dudes if that's yo thang ;)). It's had me ROFLMAO all weekend. Lol

Just curious why some of you folks feel like you need to post things like this in a fangirl/boy thread? :confused: You see a thread with little hearts and smilies and giggling girls having fun and you feel it's important to dump on it for some reason?

My theory is that there a lot of guys disturbed by the homoerotic bdsm fantasies he evokes, so they lash out lest they accept them. And on the flip side, there are some women who don't grasp how strong and in charge their f!warrior is so they can't move past feeling like helpless little victims and see things from Quinn's perspective. (I've read quite a few fanfics where the f!warrior is a fragile flower, so I'm not totally pulling that out of my ***.)

In case anyone takes this seriously, I am rarely ever totally serious. I really don't know why some people feel compelled to poop on a positive thread.

Right... some of us will "love" to dismember ole boi. :D

I gotta admit tho, this thread is a refreshing change of pace to the arrrrrrrRGN" rage threads. Even tho I personally hate him, it's funny to see the Quinn fangirls geeking out on jones finally returning. :D Never realized buddy was that much of a rockstar. :cool:

So enjoy your "50 shades of Quinn" thread ladies (or dudes if that's yo thang ;)). It's had me ROFLMAO all weekend. Lol

He's everything I like in a romance companion. A complex character, with their own intrinsic motivations who is incredibly easy on the eyes as well... I'd write more but it's borderline inappropriate. It's fun to see other players who feel the same way and no matter how I feel about all the things upsetting me in this game at the moment, it's one good thing. :t_redface: I am geeking out about the return of Malavai Quinn- he's the companion I wanted back the most.

And now, Quinn's about to make good on that promise in his letter.

People who talked Bout the SWTOR Encyclopedia, where did you get it? I want one D:

I picked mine up on Amazon for around $25 - just do a search for it and it should pop up. I found it to be an amazing read for any vanilla story and character stuffs, such as Companion ages, little tidbits about them, info on other NPC's such as Darth Marr, Jace Malcom, the Dark Council, etc.

They also might have gone back and changed his age like they did with Theron.

Ugh, I hope not. They didn't age the other original Companions, so why him? If he comes back looking rekt like Senya without an option of customizing him back to his original look, I'm quitting the game (again). :mad:

Edited by Edyn

My fiance and I both play the game and when the word first came out that there would be no companions returning in KotET, he actually gave me a hug and said he felt bad since his characters had gotten some of their romances back while mine haven't.

The disappointment I felt at how the returning companions thing was handled has been enough to make me not really do much with the KotFE/ET content beyond what I did on some throwaway characters for the DvL event, and even wonder if it would be possible to skip that content entirely when a next expansion comes out.

I ended up hearing the news about Quinn and Elara returning second hand since I don't often bother watching the livestreams and while part of me's happy more of my characters will be getting their romances back, part of me also wants to yell at Bioware saying "See, giving out some actual details isn't always a bad thing."

With how long we've waited and everything we've heard about the VA strike and all, at this point I'm just happy to have companions return at all. I don't care at this point who they're being voiced by, or if there's some choice gating involved to affect future companion recruitment as long as they start bringing the remaining MIA companions back.

Sometimes I have to wonder of the reading comprehension of the people who post of this board. :rolleyes: Did anyone read the thread title in FULL? I don't think so.

Oh I'm sure they have but there's infants who think it's "funny" or "cool" to troll and spout venom regardless. They'll grow out of it one day... hopefully.

sometimes i have to wonder of the reading comprehension of the people who post of this board. :rolleyes: Did anyone read the thread title in full? I don't think so.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just hope the writers comprehend that many of us really really don't want to kill Quinn

I don't often bother watching the livestreams

Me neither, they happen right when I'm making dinner, and they talk a lot about stuff I don't care about. I listened to this one on a whim, was glad I did.

I don't care at this point who they're being voiced by

I disagree here, I vehemently care who they are voiced by. It's just gotta be the same actor or it'll be ruined. And I'm confident it will be, Swtor is not affected by the strike.

Edited by grania

Oh I'm sure they have but there's infants who think it's "funny" or "cool" to troll and spout venom regardless. They'll grow out of it one day... hopefully.

Sadly I think you're right.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just hope the writers comprehend that many of us really really don't want to kill Quinn

If they don't there'll be a lynch mob out for blood I suspect.

Sometimes I have to wonder of the reading comprehension of the people who post of this board. :rolleyes: Did anyone read the thread title in FULL? I don't think so.

While it's not the point of the thread, I personally don't mind the Quinn hate, even as a Quinn lover myself. In my opinion, it only reminds me that any character that can instill this much love and hate/divisiveness of opinion is a really well written character.

While it's not the point of the thread, I personally don't mind the Quinn hate, even as a Quinn lover myself. In my opinion, it only reminds me that any character that can instill this much love and hate/divisiveness of opinion is a really well written character.

I don't care that some people hate him either, but it's impolite to drop into a discussion with comments that are obviously so negative and contrary to the intent and spirit of the thread. I dunno, maybe I'm a dinosaur but that's the rules of foruming I've usually.. tried to follow.

I had to come back to this thread! It's been a few days since this was announced and I STILL get excited every day thinking about it. Quinn is my favorite companion, but I think part of it is just an over-reaction of being glad to have something I am finally looking forward to in my favorite game again. I pretty much played KTOET on my main, threw a few snowballs for life day, and haven't done any other appreciable content since 5.0 dropped. All the bad changes just made me get depressed whenever I logged in.

But Bioware, here is your chance! You have found the secret to forgiveness of the fangirl contingent. :sy_companion: Don't screw Quinn's return up, and add Scourge as a romance option, and I may just forget this who GXP thing ever happened!

I disagree here, I vehemently care who they are voiced by. It's just gotta be the same actor or it'll be ruined. And I'm confident it will be, Swtor is not affected by the strike.

I know the voice acting can be a very serious point with some and I'm something like the rarity with not having the sound on when I'm playing games. Part of that comes from when I was younger and sneaking playing games past my bedtime so it's habit and the rest from my hearing is finally paying the price of teen years going to metal concerts where I had to be in the first ten rows and years of headset use from working in call centers so at this point I'm trying to preserve what's left of my hearing by lots of subtitles use and silence. I end up imagining my own voicing so Doc in my head sounds like Bruce Campbell.

So for me, the voicing isn't a dealbreaker, but I accept that it is for others.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah.

Normally I'm all for previous aspects of the story to play a role in the up coming story, this is perhaps the only exception. I felt that the Quinn betrayal was the worst part of the SW story, get him to max influence (fairly easy back then he was my healers so went everywhere with me), get him his promotion and prove the moff was insane. It even says he Dislikes Betrayal, but he still has to betray you, even if he was with you in the cave in so had seen how expendable he was.

Okay, badly written, dealt with at the time (whatever choice you made that was the choice you made and it was dealt with) to then only focus on that one (out of characterly badly written) act as if that sums him up completely. How many times did his healing stop you from dying? Lets see him as a complete character if things are going to be brought up not just one mistake.

Ugh, I hope not. They didn't age the other original Companions, so why him? If he comes back looking rekt like Senya without an option of customizing him back to his original look, I'm quitting the game (again). :mad:

I meant the opposite, that they might make Quinn's official age younger to match his looks.

I meant the opposite, that they might make Quinn's official age younger to match his looks.

Ah, derp. I actually didn't know they changed Theron's age. If so, it seems kind of odd to me for writers to change a character's age after the fact, especially if it was just to match a pixel model in an outdated game engine.... lol... if that was the case.

LOL, Ok i did not attend to disrespect any ones thread here, i just thought i would share my thoughts about my 2 Juggs & Mara's view on the dude that betrayed them. I mean Men and Women are wired differently we all know that. If a guy gets betrayed, most likely they seek revenge of some kind. Ladies may do the same thing or they may take a liking to the betraying SoB. But then again, i really dont want, nor do i, try any more to figure women out. So i leave that at that.

Um. Sure i read the topic of thread but when it ends with a "LOL" i really didnt take it to serious about the LOVE THREAD on Quinn thing.

So with all that said, I Apologies to those that my interrupting thoughts has caused any grief too.

Do Take Care & Be Well......

LOL, Ok i did not attend to disrespect any ones thread here, i just thought i would share my thoughts about my 2 Juggs & Mara's view on the dude that betrayed them. I mean Men and Women are wired differently we all know that. If a guy gets betrayed, most likely they seek revenge of some kind. Ladies may do the same thing or they may take a liking to the betraying SoB. But then again, i really dont want, nor do i, try any more to figure women out. So i leave that at that.

Um. Sure i read the topic of thread but when it ends with a "LOL" i really didnt take it to serious about the LOVE THREAD on Quinn thing.

So with all that said, I Apologies to those that my interrupting thoughts has caused any grief too.

Hey, I'm a woman, and I've wanted to murder Kaliyo to death since the moment my agent (also a woman) met her. ESPECIALLY after that whole "oh, haha, yeah I've been

selling Intelligence secrets for years now under your nose

...wait, you're mad about it? How come?" thing. :p

As for Quinn, I guess the whole thing was kind of ruined for me, since I'd accidentally read a ton of spoilers about it beforehand. The whole thing was over and done so fast...it just left out a lot of the emotional punch. Now that it's been a while and I can go back and think about it some more, I can headcanon how my warrior lady (married to Quinn at the time of his betrayal) would respond to try and regain some of that emotional punch-in-the-gut. I know the eventual outcome - that she and Quinn, after a while, reconciled and are now (or were, before KOTFE) very happily living together - so going back and filling in the details is fun.

And also prime fanfiction fuel for writers. :D

Well, I'm the OP of the thread, and when I attached the 'LOL' at the end of it, I was trying to be lighthearted (I didn't want trouble or meanness from haters. There is enough of that around here). I didn't want any HATE on here at all directed at Quinn, that's why I said it was a love thread. If haters want to hate, they can make their own thread.

This one is to speak of the profound love and appreciation that Quinn fans and Quinnmancers have for the character.

I just wanted to be clear cause clearly you took your own meaning from the 'LOL'. I figured there would be haters, (there always are) no matter what you post about and I wanted *one* hateless thing...that's why I said 'haters make your own lol.' That was my attempt at a polite way to say 'Quinn haters aren't welcome in this one place.'

So there is no need to make mean comments. If you don't like Malavai to the point where you want to disembowel his pixels, just keep scrolling, please and thank you. :)

Edited by Lunafox

I'm happy for you. What I wish wasn't the case was this apparent choice you have to make between them. I mean, the Republic and Empire are not the same as they were before from what I've seen. It's hard to say at this moment but it seems like Elara and Quinn have their opinions graved in stone or something.

Part of the problem I guess is how BWA have focused a lot on the faults in the Republic and so I don't really see them as the good guys. With Acina at the helm in the Empire the constant infighting seems to have been abandoned and I wonder how that would've affected characters like Elara and Quinn. I fear it will just boil down to a choice between supporting Empire or Republic and no matter what your explanation or motivation is, you'll get Quinn or Elara based on that.

Personally I would choose Empire and have Quinn executed finally for his original treason that I wasn't allowed to punish him for. I'm sure if you've forgiven him that's not an issue but I would wish that it would be possible to side with one side and still have a way of persuading the opposing companion. I mean I don't need to have Elara as a companion for my inquisitor but I wouldn't mind and I can't stand Quinn. So I wonder if I can choose Empire and not end up with Quinn. I'd hate to have to take him just because I side with my old home.

It's about choice really and about different outcomes that I think should be possible.