So we're getting a new operation....but you're unlocking each boss during the year?

DarthWoad

And why not? We've done that before, and we've even been one for a few minutes *STOMPSTOMPSTOMP*

(Anyway it's not really a God, just a robot modeled after one)

Actually, I'd be willing to bet that the God was modeled after the robot, not the other way around.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is an excellent new way to introduce a new Operation. It gives players a way to enjoy something new every couple of months, rather than racing through the new operation then unsubscribing and complaining about lack of content.

I hope in the future they do it this way.

I think this is an excellent new way to introduce a new Operation. It gives players a way to enjoy something new every couple of months, rather than racing through the new operation then unsubscribing and complaining about lack of content.

Bleh, this is not really something that actually happened en masse. For the most part, the raiding community was fine with an Operations cadence of once (10 bosses) per year. The ability to easily gear alts and see it from another perspective made this possible. And, for more casual players, the ability to overgear/overlevel previous-tier content added to the shelf life.

As much as I suspect you're simply trying to rile people up, you're simply creating a false history.

Bleh, this is not really something that actually happened en masse. For the most part, the raiding community was fine with an Operations cadence of once (10 bosses) per year. The ability to easily gear alts and see it from another perspective made this possible. And, for more casual players, the ability to overgear/overlevel previous-tier content added to the shelf life.

As much as I suspect you're simply trying to rile people up, you're simply creating a false history.

It's the only thing the casual troll dumpsters can do when they get BTFO by a New Operation. Got to save themselves with more lies because they lack the facts. :rak_03:

Edited by FerkWork

Yeah, dude, even when I give you the dates you still cant get it.. its not been over 2 years. Jeez. And you accuse others of not reading???

You keep using this "kid" thing... so I'm guessing you're an old dude... well, you want to be seen that way... so in your extensive work experience, ever had funding pulled from one workstream and put into another? Ever had to change directions on a project? Its not lies, its called "changing priorities". But view it through whatever fked up pair of glasses you want and view me as a white knight all you like... you are fairly clueless about the working of the real world if you think they told "lies". Clueless.

In your simpleton world, given your hashtags, you literally have no idea (and nor do I) about what impact any individual developer has on the game. For all you know, the very person you are asking to be fired may well be responsible for the game being playable in any fashion... you simply do not know. You just hit out at the first face you see. Real life isn't black and white. But you would know this, given you're a big boy now.

Not to get in the middle of it, but did you read what you posted? Full access was Dec. 9, 2014 on SoR. It is now Jan. 26, 2017. This recent Dec. 9. 2016 was in fact two years and now we are past that. How are you coming up with that it hasn't been over two years?

Edited by Wayshuba

Nah, rather just go play a game that drops a new full raid every three months. That way there is always something new to do. Much better than getting a boss you down in three hours just so your can wait two months for the next boss.

It's like getting your dinner served to you in pieces. Here sir are you mashed potatoes... are you done with those already? Well you vegetable will be out in another two hours and your steak should follow two hours after that?

Nah.... I'll just go to the restaurant that serves it all at once.

Edited by Wayshuba

Not to get in the middle of it, but did you read what you posted? Full access was Dec. 9, 2014 on SoR. It is now Jan. 26, 2017. This recent Dec. 9. 2016 was in fact two years and now we are past that. How are you coming up with that it hasn't been over two years?

He doesn't know how to add or subtract. All he knows how to do is set up strawmen and fling insults.

In past

ToS + ravagers

Now

1 ops with 1 boss

+1 new boss every few weeks/months, last boss added in end of 2017 = one new ops this year.

Keep subbing like with 1 new Chapter per month?

60~ days of sub left, good bye.

Yeah In the past

TOS+ Rav= $20 on top of your $15 a month

Now

1 Ops with 1 boss a month = free with sub

Seems pretty good to me. Cant complain I pay for a sub and enjoy the current and all the old existing content already. Now I get a new ops boss every 2 months for free on top. :) I am happy.

if swtor is going on now like this with releasing monthly parts of a full addon than its nothing like 4.0 did with chapters.

realy.. who is going to support such stuff.

Well if it's as announced and it's as fun as it seems it's going to be ... me?

And I've been one of the more anti BWA people as of late.

Honestly though I think you have completely unfair expectations and you would be moaning regardless.

We get an update that is delivered a lot of content people have been asking for and still people find room to moan, go figure.

How many MMO'S comes out with 10 bosses a year and release them for free with a paid sub?

an operation in any shape is better than none, so i'm less pissed than is was.

Still you have to ask the question what the hell have they been doing with their budget all this time? smaller less profitable mmo's produce more content than these guys. this isn't a case of "job-done, they like us again" but rather they avoided the guillotine this time... must do better in future.

time to buck your ideas up Bioware.

What they really didnt make clear was if it is JUST A SINGLE boss like on Ziost, or if it is an operation with a story, and eventually the whole operation will be doable all at once. Or will we ahve to requeue for every single boss. They kind of skidded around that. If it is JUST a boss, lets be honest, that is shameful.

Pretty sure it was mentioned there was a side story to the "operation" so solo players wouldn't be locked out.

My point in relation to your question is if there is a side story then it's more likely each part will have a bit of story and trash etc. as we expect heading into each encounter.

Being solo op bosses hopefully more akin to heading into SnV / TFB than DP where it was pretty much boss to boss ( which is great for a full op but not split out singley like this ). Also if you are reading designers don't be afraid to put a puzzle heading into the boss ( like DF before Draxus and people found easy ways around it ) - good way to lengthen out the single encounter.

What they really didnt make clear was if it is JUST A SINGLE boss like on Ziost, or if it is an operation with a story, and eventually the whole operation will be doable all at once. Or will we ahve to requeue for every single boss. They kind of skidded around that. If it is JUST a boss, lets be honest, that is shameful.

They made it very clear... the first boss of 5 will be on PTS in about two weeks, with a view to launch into live in about 8 weeks. After that, the second boss will be introduced along with the HM (now, it wasn't clear if it was HM for all from then on, or one at a time). The cadence of the further bosses is not known... some seem to think it will be spread over the rest of the year... myself, I reckon they will pop them out as they are ready, hopefully quicker than 1 every 3 months.

They made it very clear... the first boss of 5 will be on PTS in about two weeks, with a view to launch into live in about 8 weeks. After that, the second boss will be introduced along with the HM (now, it wasn't clear if it was HM for all from then on, or one at a time). The cadence of the further bosses is not known... some seem to think it will be spread over the rest of the year... myself, I reckon they will pop them out as they are ready, hopefully quicker than 1 every 3 months.

April drop means 4 bosses over 8 months ideally with the aim of the 5th by December so you would have one every 2 months going to plan.

What will be interesting is what else is coming over the year in regards to story after 5.2 0 I doubt it's going to be just 1 boss every 2 months and that's it.

It seems the Iokath daily etc. was developed fairly quickly ( granted they get to reuse assets ) so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to see something similar again in August/September with a full expansion again in December.

April drop means 4 bosses over 8 months ideally with the aim of the 5th by December so you would have one every 2 months going to plan.

What will be interesting is what else is coming over the year in regards to story after 5.2 0 I doubt it's going to be just 1 boss every 2 months and that's it.

It seems the Iokath daily etc. was developed fairly quickly ( granted they get to reuse assets ) so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to see something similar again in August/September with a full expansion again in December.

I don't disagree at all... but I am sure many will :(

Can't tell if serious ...

Hell no lol. One Op boss at a time is ridiculous and speaks volumes of the current team in Austin. That's fine for some budget game that's purely F2P, not for a game like this...it's pathetic!!!

How in the world does this game have a raiding community? Just how?

I think SWToR may have the most abused player base in the history of mmo. The one thing I will give BioWare credit for is it's ability to abuse the players and still keep them.

They put out a tiny amount of content compared to other games. What they call expansions other games call patches, content updates. No game would get away with not putting out new flashpoints and new ops for 2 and half years. No game would get away with that.

The chapter system, feeding them out slowly as possible in a attempt to keep players like they did. No one other then Bioware would try that and get away with it, yet they did.

It's neat to see that they are doing a new ops but I will keep to the pattern I now have with this game. Sub for a month, see the new content come back in a couple of years and then view everything new they added in a month and leave again.

Grats to Bioware on being able to add a new ops over the course of a year....really BRAVO..../golfclap.

A little quote for you whinys...

Access progression

Icecrown Citadel will be split into four sections for release, in the following order: The Lower Spire (the first four bosses), the Plagueworks (the next three), the Crimson Hall (the next two), and Frostwing Halls (the last three). There will be a period of some weeks after the opening of the first section before going on into the second. The Lich King may not be fought until Professor Putricide, Blood-Queen Lana'thel and Sindragosa are dead. Any heroic modes may not be attempted until the Lich King has been defeated on normal mode, and you cannot face the Lich King on heroic mode during that week's lockout unless you defeat Putricide, Lana'thel and Sindragosa on heroic mode.

In addition, there will be limited attempts on the four most difficult encounters - Putricide, Lana'thel, Sindragosa, and the Lich King - similar to the Argent Crusade Tribute Chest for Trial of the Grand Crusader (with the difference of there being no reward for completing the instance before the attempts run out). This symbolizes the support (in the form of troops and material) provided by the Ashen Verdict. The number of available attempts will increase in increments as the raid sections open; when the second section (with Putricide) opens, players will have five attempts; the third (Lana'thel) will boost that to ten, and the final (Sindragosa/Lich King) will boost it to a total of fifteen. The number will increase further in the weeks after all twelve encounters are open, indicating the growing strength of the Ashen Verdict. Once all of the attempts run out, these four bosses will despawn for the week.

The number of attempts is now only limited in heroic, as Daelo stated in the forums.

The first wing of the Citadel, Lower Spire was opened with content patch 3.3.0 on December 8, 2009.

The second wing of the Citadel, the Plagueworks, was opened on US servers on January 5, 2010.

The third wing, the Crimson Hall, was opened two weeks later, on January 19.

The fourth wing, the Frostwing Halls and Frozen Throne, was opened with content patch 3.3.2 on February 2, 2010.

...considered one of the best raids in WoW ever.

If Blizzard does it no one bets an eye but if Bioware (11 Devs or so remaining) does the same everyone loses their minds...

Hell no lol. One Op boss at a time is ridiculous and speaks volumes of the current team in Austin. That's fine for some budget game that's purely F2P, not for a game like this...it's pathetic!!!

Ah right, I forgot - you're the serial complainer.

Luckily for BWA they would know by now no matter what they do you will continue to pay them money ( and have almost admitted as such in the past when quizzed on why you pay if so much seems so negative to you ) so I am fairly certain that aren't overly interested in your opinion anymore.

A little quote for you whinys...

...considered one of the best raids in WoW ever.

If Blizzard does it no one bets an eye but if Bioware (11 Devs or so remaining) does the same everyone loses their minds...

Comparing a 12 boss raid to one boss installments....you can NOT be serious with what you posted. Multiple bosses in each installment is not in any way comparable.

How in the world does this game have a raiding community? Just how?

I think SWToR may have the most abused player base in the history of mmo. The one thing I will give BioWare credit for is it's ability to abuse the players and still keep them.

They put out a tiny amount of content compared to other games. What they call expansions other games call patches, content updates. No game would get away with not putting out new flashpoints and new ops for 2 and half years. No game would get away with that.

The chapter system, feeding them out slowly as possible in a attempt to keep players like they did. No one other then Bioware would try that and get away with it, yet they did.

It's neat to see that they are doing a new ops but I will keep to the pattern I now have with this game. Sub for a month, see the new content come back in a couple of years and then view everything new they added in a month and leave again.

Grats to Bioware on being able to add a new ops over the course of a year....really BRAVO..../golfclap.

Abuse?!?! lol of dear...

No one is being forced to play. I think your post sums up perfectly the mentality of the people complaining all over the forums. I'm done, reading this sort of bs just broke something in me. No more forums for me.

Edited by IstariZen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.