5.0 and 5.1 are complete failures.

Vektarulz

Dear Bioware, I don't know if it was your Devs, or EA employees pulling your strings that created the obvious cash grab that is Galactic Command, but you are destroying what was once a great game. I know you needed more players, I know you needed more money from subs and the cartel and thought that if you kept people playing you would get more money. It was a good theory, you forgot the factor that so many would hate it that they would just stop playing all together.

You briefly got a massive increase of OLD players coming back for 5.0, but the amount of NEW players was miniscule. They realized that it would take a casual player months to get full 6 set gear, the only people who made it to tier 3 in an unacceptable time, had to use in game exploits like running a glitched flashpoint, using a glitch with disintegration, ect, and even they had to play for weeks non stop, along with use command boosts that are roughly 2 dollars each U.S.D.

Then you gave us hope, you quickly realizing your horrible mistake and seeing the population collapse rushed to do 5.1, you knew the same thing I did. That the game was not going to survive to a 6.0.

We thought 5.1 would make the system easier, we had another way to get gear we needed, and an actual reason to level it. but then we find out Tuesday, that this system, IS WORSE. 5 unassembled coms for one winin a warzone? 5? I need 180 for one teir 3 piece trade.

Whoever made these decisions should lose their job, because I promise you, you are following the path of Galaxies, and this game will die.

Oh P.S, you didn't Nerf merc mando when it is pretty much every single forum post in PVP. LISTEN TO YOUR PLAYERBASE

Edited by Vektarulz

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen. It's hard to believe people could make so many bad decisions. It's even more difficult to understand how they could put something in (bolster nerf) in the fix for the first fiasco and therefore create an even bigger one. Even worse, to fail to communicate the bolster change until the very last minute....it just reeks of incompetence or duplicity. Neither are good.

Devs: what the heck are you doing? Your decisions are impossible to defend.

Dear Bioware, I don't know if it was your Devs, or EA employees pulling your strings that created the obvious cash grab that is Galactic Command,PLAYERBASE

It not even a cash grab is a grind fest people don't play mmo for gear progression they play for fun. We do not want to spend years gearing we dread every time they release more gear as it is a grind fest we don't pvp for new gear we don't pve for ir either we do these thing because we role play the star wars universe. Hell i bet 90% of the population would be happy if they never put new hear in the game and spent there time on content alone. They let us down yet again an d lied to us for the last time

Yeah, the thread title says it all

5.0 and 5.1 are complete failures.

UNLESS, the intent of 5.0 was to try to kill the game as quickly as possible. If that's the case, Well done BWA.

:mad::mad:

Straight forward and to the point. BW can't claim they need more details as to what people don't like. They've already gotten was more feedback than I ever remember seeing, all if it explaining why so many people are leaving the game.

It not even a cash grab is a grind fest people don't play mmo for gear progression they play for fun. We do not want to spend years gearing we dread every time they release more gear as it is a grind fest we don't pvp for new gear we don't pve for ir either we do these thing because we role play the star wars universe. Hell i bet 90% of the population would be happy if they never put new hear in the game and spent there time on content alone. They let us down yet again an d lied to us for the last time

The moment they started selling CXP boosters on the CM it became a cash grab. The system is obviously tuned to punish us for not buying/using them.

It is SWG all over again, SOE did the same thing to galaxies and the game failed and never recovered. Why would people resub for this game when the expections are set so high. The grind is too intense.

Except for one thing when the NGE hit SWG continued for another 6 years afterwards so in my book SWG didn't die and if you also look at the emulators right now the ones that are actually doing well are the ones that are based on NGE.

Straight forward and to the point. BW can't claim they need more details as to what people don't like. They've already gotten was more feedback than I ever remember seeing, all if it explaining why so many people are leaving the game.

They don't listen anymore, they used to take our suggestions, I don't think they even play PVP matches anymore.

Dear Bioware, I don't know if it was your Devs, or EA employees pulling your strings that created the obvious cash grab that is Galactic Command, but you are destroying what was once a great game. I know you needed more players, I know you needed more money from subs and the cartel and thought that if you kept people playing you would get more money. It was a good theory, you forgot the factor that so many would hate it that they would just stop playing all together.

You briefly got a massive increase of OLD players coming back for 5.0, but the amount of NEW players was miniscule. They realized that it would take a casual player months to get full 6 set gear, the only people who made it to tier 3 in an unacceptable time, had to use in game exploits like running a glitched flashpoint, using a glitch with disintegration, ect, and even they had to play for weeks non stop, along with use command boosts that are roughly 2 dollars each U.S.D.

Then you gave us hope, you quickly realizing your horrible mistake and seeing the population collapse rushed to do 5.1, you knew the same thing I did. That the game was not going to survive to a 6.0.

We thought 5.1 would make the system easier, we had another way to get gear we needed, and an actual reason to level it. but then we find out Tuesday, that this system, IS WORSE. 5 unassembled coms for one winin a warzone? 5? I need 180 for one teir 3 piece trade.

Whoever made these decisions should lose their job, because I promise you, you are following the path of Galaxies, and this game will die.

Oh P.S, you didn't Nerf merc mando when it is pretty much every single forum post in PVP. LISTEN TO YOUR PLAYERBASE

I agree with most of this as well. I gave Bioware the benefit of the doubt till 5.1 and now even though I used to be a loyal sub as well...Im very disappointed at what was done lately to rescue this MMO. I now join the group that thinks a roll back to pre 5.0 would have been a much better solution.

Personally I think everything since 4.0 has been a failure.

To me the game needs true expansions. Expansions containing new planets, new pvp maps, new daily areas, new operations, new flashpoints, and new chapters. Until they stop ignoring some of the pillars of the game, which they have done throughout the history of the game, it will continue to suffer. Period.

Spare me they "don't have the resources" garbage. With a Star Wars brand there is no excuse for where this game is at.

Except for one thing when the NGE hit SWG continued for another 6 years afterwards so in my book SWG didn't die and if you also look at the emulators right now the ones that are actually doing well are the ones that are based on NGE.

This game will follow that same path, it will die, someone will hack files to make a private server if they dont exist already and we will have to play there. At this point they deaerve it. It is a completley different team than vanilla

I enjoyed the story campaign missions, so no, its not a complete failure.

I like the idea of the Light side vs. Dark Side and Galactic Command, but I just feel that it was poorly implemented, and also suffers from previous methods of acquiring gear being eliminated.

I think with some work, and listening to people's feedback, they can improve it and make it worthwhile. First thing they need to do is stop being so damn miserly with the RNG odds.

Edited by Fygee

I enjoyed the story campaign missions, so no, its not a complete failure.

I like the idea of the Light side vs. Dark Side and Galactic Command, but I just feel that it was poorly implemented, and also suffers from previous methods of acquiring gear being eliminated.

I think with some work, and listening to people's feedback, they can improve it and make it worthwhile. First thing they need to do is stop being so damn miserly with the RNG odds.

Im very salty

They are, the 99% of happy players in the game. They are ignoring the 1% forum warriors posting the same thing over and over by the same people.

Wow that is a really high estimate. But even if accurate 99% of the 15 people still left playing the game are happy? Good luck keeping a game going on that. (See, I can do hyperbole, too).

Also, many of us have quit saying these things because we've recognized that no one is listening. The "forum warriors" as you describe them are in good company, the rest of us just are quietly leaving the game to the "99%". (Ha! Just that you quote it that high still makes me chuckle).

They are, the 99% of happy players in the game. They are ignoring the 1% forum warriors posting the same thing over and over by the same people.

Keep dreaming and ignoring Tweeter, facebook, redit or even fleet chat...you cant escape the conversation. This is like the Titanic part deux!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.