The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Warzone Bolster and why I almost uninstalled the game last night.

AllisonLightning

So went into warzone last night- I could have sworn that note wasn't there but you managed to break warzones so that it felt on some of my characters like they walked in with bad Expertise. I can't believe the audacity you have to introduce what has to be an insane grind where it's nearly impossible to gear and make it so the only people who get the best in warzones are people who were really lucky in the RNG lottery. Working as intended, indeed.

Expertise was always about making PvP not about gear, but by skill and now you've turned it into a gear fest where my highest two can barely justify being in regs and my tank- who I didn't have time to get to gear her for PvP- she might as well not ruin anyone else's game.

I don't make threats idly but you have until next patch to fix this or I'm uninstalling the game outright the second I've finished my last class stories. I'm just done- this is what I love to do in game and unlike 4.0, I can't even wear a 190 green set or check my Expertise. I said I'd never quit for warzones going F2P access- but I will over destroying them for me and other people who do warzones and were putting up with the trash. CXP gains being botched, I could care less of- I just want to PvP and have fun and you broke that.

So unless this is fixed inside a week, I'm done with any group activities which I love and am playing every single last piece of story and uninstalling the second I'm through and my subscription will just lapse in April.

I'd like some real answers on what the intent of the changes are.

Before this patch, bolster seemed great - everyone could easily compete and gear didn't make a huge difference. Does BW want this to change? Because there is no way I'm going to grind 100s of cxp levels just to play warzones. This is bad enough on one character, let alone several.

I'd like some real answers on what the intent of the changes are.

Before this patch, bolster seemed great - everyone could easily compete and gear didn't make a huge difference. Does BW want this to change? Because there is no way I'm going to grind 100s of cxp levels just to play warzones. This is bad enough on one character, let alone several.

I started crying during a warzone half an hour ago. I feel wretched and this makes me not want to play.

And sadly it's not the only hit to PvP... My shadow gets decimated now. The nerf to AOE DR (unannounced), plus the changes to bolster make me feel like the henchman in Austin Powers that does not have a name tag at this point... I may as well just lie down, I don't stand a chance...

So unless this is fixed inside a week, I'm done with any group activities which I love and am playing every single last piece of story and uninstalling the second I'm through and my subscription will just lapse in April.

I did not even wait for so long. Here's my good bye, you gave me inspiration about the title ;)

BW managed in the impossible task to convert an enthusiast SW fan who happily returned to the game paying 3 months in advance, into someone who would love to see their headquarters burn.

Edited by Vaerah

I did not even wait for so long. Here's my good bye, you gave me inspiration about the title ;)

BW managed in the impossible task to convert an enthusiast SW fan who happily returned to the game paying 3 months in advance, into someone who would love to see their headquarters burn.

I'm glad I could inspire you and I am right there with you- I'll bring marshmallows. :t_mad:

There was no patch notes or information released about nerfing Bolster. So they probably broke it.

Knowing Bioware it's a Bug because they added something.

Eric has said in the past if something isn't listed in the patch notes than it is a bug and report it to them.

Everyone report the bug and ask others in the game to do so too.

There was no patch notes or information released about nerfing Bolster. So they probably broke it.

They retconned the patch notes, it's in there now. It was NOT originally, or at least I missed it.

Edit: verified, the original notes Dulfy posted don't have it either. It was retconned into the stickied patch notes. Nice.

Edited by stoopicus

Dear Eric and Tait,

Since 5.1 last night we have the following issues in PVP.

1. Bolster is now broken. We are not sure what you have done but it is no longer working correctly. Please restore what ever you changed to 5.0 settings. - PLEASE NOTE - this is game changing and will stop people pvping period.

I am assuming this is a bug.

2. CXP Nerf of Bug? CXP is now lower in pvp than it was before. There was nothing in the patch notes about this, so I assume it's a bug. Can you please fix and restore to previous levels.

Eric, you have said in the past that anything not announced in patch notes that is then different after a patch is a bug. You have either failed/forgotten to notify us in the patch notes or this is a bug.

Please guys, can you communicate with the community asap as people are currently uninstalling or ready to cancel subs.

This is especially true for those players who are only subscribing to play pvp. If we can't play pvp where it is skill vs skill and not gear vs gear, most of us will move to other games.

I look forward to hearing from you in the next 24 hours.

PS. I've also PM'd both of you with this issue.

:(

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Dear Eric and Tait,

Since 5.1 last night we have the following issues in PVP.

1. Bolster is now broken. We are not sure what you have done but it is no longer working correctly. Please restore what ever you changed to 5.0 settings. - PLEASE NOTE - this is game changing and will stop people pvping period.

I am assuming this is a bug.

2. CXP Nerf of Bug? CXP is now lower in pvp than it was before. There was nothing in the patch notes about this, so I assume it's a bug. Can you please fix and restore to previous levels.

Eric, you have said in the past that anything not announced in patch notes that is then different after a patch is a bug. You have either failed/forgotten to notify us in the patch notes or this is a bug.

Please guys, can you communicate with the community asap as people are currently uninstalling or ready to cancel subs.

This is especially true for those players who are only subscribing to play pvp. If we can't play pvp where it is skill vs skill and not gear vs gear, most of us will move to other games.

I look forward to hearing from you in the next 24 hours.

PS. I've also PM'd both of you with this issue.

:(

Thanks for summing this up so well- I just get emotional because it turns out PvP is very important to my time in game and is actually a deal breaker for me despite loving story so much.

Thanks for summing this up so well- I just get emotional because it turns out PvP is very important to my time in game and is actually a deal breaker for me despite loving story so much.

I'm the same and at some point even the most dedicated supporter of the IP and loyal pvp subscribers have to draw a line in the sand.

I tried to be non emotional earlier in the day, but Biowares absolute silence and the people who don't pvp telling us it's fine, has got me emotional as well. I'm going to be uninstalling in the next 12 hours if there is no communication.

so..all of you got rekt inside wz?

:D

Actually i don't get wrecked i'm seeing and beeing part of roflstomping groups that wreck ppl.

It's not funny. It was part of the game when u can find a couple of guys with recruit gear an the rest of te opposite team was geared, even then at some point, it wasn't funny cuz there was no challenge, just grinding comms or finishing dailies

This guys just build a nice wall for those players coming back, new players and ppl who just leveled to 70

Display Name: Groncho

Account Creation Date: 03.09.11

You have 5 days of subscription play time remaining

unsub/

I just read the patch notes a few minutes ago for the first time and what immediately made me raise my eyebrows was the mention of the bolster nerf. Without even understanding the numbers, I knew right away that this cannot be right and memories of 1.0 (and/or 1.1?) came to mind when level 50s with their Battlemaster whatever rolfstomped poor newbies. Not sure if the situation is like this now, but apparently, my thoughts are not too far off (judging by the feedback I read on this board).

I pretty much never want to PvP at this point, there is almost no point I may as well stand there and hit default attack for what it will actually be worth.

If Bioware don't revert the change one of 2 things are likely to happen:-

1) players will do as above, there is no way to do any real damage and geared players will stomp you 9 times out of 10 so why bother just turn up get the cxp etc and don't do much

or

2) Players will simply stop queuing for Warzones which will hurt pop times. Not sure whether option 1 or 2 will hurt PvP more.

Plus you will find even more premades in PvP as the dedicated players will not be wanting to group with under bolstered players which if they go against a PUG then it's likely to demoralise the opposition team (as they will likely loose)