So um, Yea command tokens..hey guys..what about the solo players?.

TL_Roff

I um mostly play solo.. I'm an old guy, turn 60 in a few months...And I mostly run solo...so running solo.. little interest in PvP (I get my PvP fix in world of warships folks.. sorry.. but swtor PvP/galactic starfighter/ ship combat.. Bleck.. no appeal!)

SO what am I going to be doing with command tokens that require yet something else I'm not likely to get anyway? Oh yea right CXP boost.. uh to get more command tokens right?

Love the story stuff but the game system is leaving me with very little on the gear chase.

SO any plans for how we mostly solo players are going get the fancy gear? Running around trying to do group content with kids who go running off and leave ya to get killed while yer trying to figure out whats going on get old about the second time it happens.. and I've delt with it too many ties.. Guildies.. yea, if they are on, and if they are interested and if, and if, and, and if.

Heroics are 95% solo-able.

I'm a solo player, and am having no trouble working my way through it. Is it slower? Yes. That's the point. The more people, the faster the gain. They still want to try to keep the MMO status, however small it is.

Even if you do Warzones/Operations, you eventually run into the same problem. once you have your gear in place, command tokens will just accumulate with nothing to spend them on, ( just like the way light/dark tokens do if you have few items of interest from the vendor)

Players who dont frequently warzones or ops, which isnt just solo-only players by the way, just are already at that point with nothing to spend them on because the components require a more-than-casual rate of attendance in ops/warzones or you simply wont be spending them often.

Light/Dark tokens and Command tokens both need things to be spent on or converted into moving forward. At least the old data crystals had Teir 6 gifts and advanced crafting materials to spend them on once you out grew the gear..those things were useable or even sellable.

Edited by thepilk

I also think that players who play solo most of the time should have something they can buy with those command tokens, i am also no real fan of the group content because of certain reasons and play more solo stuff, and i agree that loads of Heroics can be played solo, but that shouldnt mean that solo players dont have the right to get some fancy gear or something which they can buy from those tokens.

I also think that players who play solo most of the time should have something they can buy with those command tokens, i am also no real fan of the group content because of certain reasons and play more solo stuff, and i agree that loads of Heroics can be played solo, but that shouldnt mean that solo players dont have the right to get some fancy gear or something which they can buy from those tokens.

You can buy the components which can be converted to gear with tokens, can't you? The vendor is right there in the vendor area to buy components with tokens.

I'm in that same boat, fifty-something, tired of pug groups that fail, like to play solo heroics, grind dailies, etc. I've been playing this game for going on 4 years & in my experience, just compile the tokens because they'll be turned into credits when the currency changes again. As for good gear, that's the point of grinding solos, make $, pick up solid drops, and gear yourself to your liking... that's what I do.

I dont thikn this is going to happen the game is trying to promote gorup play, it would be counterproductive to do waht u ask for.

Just keep chaning guild till u find the one taht suits u.

There is alot of active packed with ppl pve guilds who will giveu a hand if u need it.

Heroics are 95% solo-able.

I'm a solo player, and am having no trouble working my way through it. Is it slower? Yes. That's the point. The more people, the faster the gain. They still want to try to keep the MMO status, however small it is.

As a solo player as well, I agree with this. Don't get me wrong as a solo player I won't complain about any extra help short or long term. Its very nice to get top end gear but for the most part it not overly important. BW has given us the ability to get it even if it takes a long time. Its not a grind either as I am not doing anything in game now I was not doing before.

You DO need set bonus gear if you decide someday to play Ops, etc. Woe be the player who enters matches with "crap gear" and has to endure the wrath of the elitists.

Under the old system, anyone could earn the best gear even if slowly.

It's really simple:

You don't need set bonus gear.

It is true for most of the solo content high level gear is not neccessary. But what we all need is motivation, something to progress in. Credits serve very poorly in that regard, in my oppinion at least. Gear, pets, decoration items, mounts, companion gifts, all those do a much better job at motivating me.

I can get most of those things via the crates, but those take away the element of controll. I can not decide what I want to get first, if I get it at all.

I was very exited about the tokens because I hoped they would bring part of that back, no matter if it took long. And I do get enough command tokens. But I was ver disappointed to find that without doing group-content I would not be able to do anything with them except buying cxp boosts.

I am a grown person having to go to work in shifts with a family at home. The time I can spend in the game is often when few other people are on so it is very difficult to find groups even if I am in the mood for one and have the time to do a pvp-game or an FP or anything else from start to finish.

Before the changes I could do some Heroics or dailys at a time and slowly move to the goals I set myself.

Now the only goal I can reach is the next cxp-level which might give me something I need or want. But for the last fifteen crates I was sorely disappointed in that regard.

This is not fun.

I really hope that this will eventually be changed again, away from RNG-rewards or at least more and solo attainable stuff that can be bought with the command tokens.

It's really simple:

It's really simple:

Nobody asked for it in this thread (yet).

Are you sure you posted in the thread you wanted to?

HOWEVER, there IS solo content that requires good gear: master mode chapters, for example.

Actually who cares if they need it. I sure don't. If they want the set bonus then more power to them. They pay the same sub price I do so they should be able to get it as well.

And what she said.

Edited by Galahard

It's really simple:

Wowzers, the only people who actually need set bonus gear are......... ranked PvPers and HM/NiM raiders, which amounts to what percentage of the population? I know you don't know but hazard a guess....

And let's supposed I decided to pop into ranked with 210 greens ( I did btw - was called a lot of stuff). Or you have a few curious players wonder in to Temple of Sacrifice (story-mode) with DvL gear and greens... How you gonna get past the first boss.

And what of master MODE?

Solo-player does not mean you do NOT do anything group related, it generally means you play alone, instead of with friends, and having decent gear is guaranteed to make your life easier if you decide to step into group content.

I'm tanking ToS, not because I am a raider, but because it popped in GF and I was like why the hell not. We couldn't pass the first boss until we kicked a undergeared player, cause we were hitting enraged in Story-mode. Couldn't pass the two walkers either cause of enrage, and i quit about 1 hour in.

I um mostly play solo.. I'm an old guy, turn 60 in a few months...And I mostly run solo...so running solo.. little interest in PvP (I get my PvP fix in world of warships folks.. sorry.. but swtor PvP/galactic starfighter/ ship combat.. Bleck.. no appeal!)

SO what am I going to be doing with command tokens that require yet something else I'm not likely to get anyway? Oh yea right CXP boost.. uh to get more command tokens right?

Love the story stuff but the game system is leaving me with very little on the gear chase.

SO any plans for how we mostly solo players are going get the fancy gear? Running around trying to do group content with kids who go running off and leave ya to get killed while yer trying to figure out whats going on get old about the second time it happens.. and I've delt with it too many ties.. Guildies.. yea, if they are on, and if they are interested and if, and if, and, and if.

Do chapters over and over on story or veteran. Their focus is group content for now.

What happened to Bioware's promise of ensuring that there was something that solo players could use their tokens on, pretty much the only thing available for players who don't have components (ie solo players) have to spend tokens on are cxp boosts which are meh! I am going to accumulate tokens at a much faster pace then spend them if that's all thats available for me.

Hell, even a vendor with cosmetic stuff like the DVL vendor would be awesome. Armor shells, weapon shells, speeders, whatever.. Even if the prices were high.

Yeah I only have like 3 DS tokens and maybe 5 LS tokens but I have about 200 GC tokens already with zilch to spend them on. If there was a vendor with fancy speeders or weapons or armour shells - all purely cosmetic items ofc - that I could buy with them that would be grand.

What happened to Bioware's promise of ensuring that there was something that solo players could use their tokens on, pretty much the only thing available for players who don't have components (ie solo players) have to spend tokens on are cxp boosts which are meh! I am going to accumulate tokens at a much faster pace then spend them if that's all thats available for me.

I do wonder why they asked for suggestions when this is all we got. I don't recall a single person asking for Command xp boosts :rolleyes:

Edited by Damask_Rose

THIS....

I'd actually been grinding command levels during this event to get tokens because I figured there'd be some cosmetic items or something to spend em on. I didn't even bother to see what I could get because I figured anything would need at least 50-100 of em and I was on a roll. Went to check the vendor right before I was gonna log of and was very disappointed to see the only thing I could get was the boost. :(:confused:

Ohh well....I guess there's STILL no point in worrying about GC. My gear is more than enough for the content I run.

• 5 months later...

I agree, I'm also a mostly solo player, but do the fps because I was under the same impression the tokens could be useful. Not into pvp but I now have close to the cap level of tokens...with nothing to spend them on. Somebody posted on here they kicked an under-geared player out of a fp, what the hell?! I thought the main focus here was an MMO that's promoting players getting together in groups. Not to mention if you'd like to do master modes, without being geared up, you're going to get your behind handed to you. And you have to love some of those repair bills---NOT!

This whole command token business needs to be re-thought & re-worked because as it is right now, it's pretty worthless, especially if people are being kicked because of their gear. How else are they supposed to get that gear anyway?

Well, now you can buy 230 gear for your main/alts. I have many alts, so this helps. There's also a crafting mat used to make the 246 gear that requires tokens. Buy those and sell them on the GTN or craft 246 gear for yourself (if you have the schematics).

I agree with most of you. Although this is an MMO we also do need to be able to get command token's faster and have something worthwhile to spend it on. I mean you can buy a 230 set on fleet if you have enough tokens. But IDK ...I think the grind needs to have a purpose. for solo players