Way to go punishing PvPers....

Psychopyro

PvPers just basically got punished with the new system...

Run HM ops to get Tier 2 piece

Turn in OPS piece with PvP components to buy Tier 3 piece...

Rinse repeat until you have a full set of gear....

PvE and PvP should have required the previous piece to upgrade. Forcing the PvP players only to have the previous tier is unbalanced IMO...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the numbers needed are outrageously high. PvPers weren't given a bone with 5.1, they were handed a second grind as painful as CXP.

Yup and OPS whiners got what they wanted... If you plan it out right, you could have 4 people nearly fully geared in a few days... More then that if you got really lucky with drops... That's better then pre 5.0...

With alts and prudent planning, you could have a full 8 geared just as fast... It's BS how much PvP players got shafted.. And then the bolster "fix" really screwed things up between the haves and have nots

Edited by Psychopyro

PvE and PvP should have required the previous piece to upgrade. Forcing the PvP players only to have the previous tier is unbalanced IMO...

No offense but this is exactly what you "hardcore" players deserve. You people playing pvp all day long like having a no life, trolling others in general chat saying "swtor dying" "story sucks" "going to switch wow" etc and then destroying casual pvp'ers in every map and THEN brag about your K/D ratio.

Now my dear, watch me playing awesome story/pve content with my sorc and my agent.

:rak_01:

No offense but this is exactly what you "hardcore" players deserve. You people playing pvp all day long like having a no life, trolling others in general chat saying "swtor dying" "story sucks" "going to switch wow" etc and then destroying casual pvp'ers in every map and THEN brag about your K/D ratio.

Now my dear, watch me playing awesome story/pve content with my sorc and my agent.

:rak_01:

Actually, and others could probably attest to this by some of my posts, I am by no means a PvP hardcore... I will maybe, MAYBE get my weekly done for PvP. I play it casually. Just like OPS and everything else...

What is pissing me off is the fact of watching subsets get screwed. Call me Bernie if you want, but I'm done fighting for my own agenda anymore. Unless all of us stand up and say make it somewhat fair for time vs reward, they are just gonna keep screwing people over. The question becomes which group is next...

pvp wz should have a weekly lockout and repairs. Way to punish raiders.

there is a valor requirement to use the pvp vendor that gates out many pvers.

Edited by ivanhedgehog

Dying in Ops isn't part of the gameplay - in PvP it is. You have scripted bots attacking you the exact same way every time - PvP is 100% random every time. I'm fully in favor of removing PvE repair costs AND lockouts, but to suggest adding them to PvP is just silly.

there is a valor requirement to use the pvp vendor that gates out many pvers.

What valor requirement... There is nothing in the mouse over that says it has a requirement... What is it?

I'll be fair and note that most of my toons are over Valor 30, so if it's lower, I can't see it..

Edited by Psychopyro

Sounds just like 4.0

Not to mention they severely knocked down the effect of bolster in warzones, from 250 gear level to 232. So those of us who have lives and haven't been already able to grind up to tier 3 gear are just getting demolished by those who did, and there's literally nothing to be done about it. Every WZ I've been in so far today has been completely one-sided towards tier 3 premades. And since you get 60% fewer components when you lose, that makes the grind for PvPers who don't already have the top tier gear even more miserable, while people who already have tier 3 get 60% more components that they don't need!

It's like every time RNGWare takes a step forward, it takes five steps back immediately afterwards, shafting people even harder.

Edited by AscendingSky

Not to mention they severely knocked down the effect of bolster in warzones, from 250 gear level to 232. So those of us who have lives and haven't been already able to grind up to tier 3 gear are just getting demolished by those who did, and there's literally nothing to be done about it. Every WZ I've been in so far today has been completely one-sided towards tier 3 premades. And since you get 60% fewer components when you lose, that makes the grind for PvPers who don't already have the top tier gear even more miserable, while people who already have tier 3 get 60% more components that they don't need!

It's like every time RNGWare takes a step forward, it takes five steps back immediately afterwards, shafting people even harder.

Yea this new system is just going to encourage more scrubs to run premades in the pug queues.

So instead of coming up with a better solution to ease the gathering of gear for PvP your solution is to whine and force that terrible grind on both (not mentioning that you have to roll against 8 others in for the piece you need and killing a NiM Apex boss so it would be worse for Ops). As someone who only logs into to play ranked, farm bads in regs for Weekly mats, or NiM raids or meme genchat, The masochism of Swtor players never ceases to amaze me. This is what you made BW good job. :) Edited by FerkWork

Dying in Ops isn't part of the gameplay - in PvP it is. You have scripted bots attacking you the exact same way every time - PvP is 100% random every time. I'm fully in favor of removing PvE repair costs AND lockouts, but to suggest adding them to PvP is just silly.

Please tell us which war zones require you to die to complete them. dying in a raid is no more unusual than dying in a wz. People die in both gameplay options, the op was calling for the random drop from ops to be further nerfed. In an op, you are competing against 7 other players for that drop. who are you competing against in a wz for the reward at the end?

I do think we need to avoid calling for nerfs to either gameplay style just to keep the other one happy.

What valor requirement... There is nothing in the mouse over that says it has a requirement... What is it?

I'll be fair and note that most of my toons are over Valor 30, so if it's lower, I can't see it..

the patch notes say there is one

Players can turn Unassembled Components into a PvP vendor with a Valor requirement to get an Unassembled Gear piece.

if it isnt there it is a bug

As an Inquisitor healer, I find it very unusual if I don't die multiple times per WZ. As soon as I start healing 2-3 DPS jump on me and target me until I am dead. Stun breaks, bubble etc can buy me some time but it soon enough ends with me being dead.

Not complaining as in fact it is a very valid tactic - take out the other teams healers before yours dies and you pretty much win. I am referring to the person saying to play better so you die less

As an Inquisitor healer, I find it very unusual if I don't die multiple times per WZ. As soon as I start healing 2-3 DPS jump on me and target me until I am dead. Stun breaks, bubble etc can buy me some time but it soon enough ends with me being dead.

Not complaining as in fact it is a very valid tactic - take out the other teams healers before yours dies and you pretty much win. I am referring to the person saying to play better so you die less

Healing in a raid also gains agro. Raid bosses never miss using a cooldown, never run out of energy and never have the wife , kid or pet disturb them and make them miss an ability. they never have a bad internet connection either. you die in either play style, it is the way games work. If you heal in a raid, you will die sooner or later. some of the pvp premades actually protect their healers and do very well. you might try that tactic sometime.

Try out this build.

I find the speed, mobility and CC capabilities help for giving DPSs the slip in PVP.

This it's so darn painful when you get death marked with a big ol target on your head. There are matches that if your team doesn't have a tank or multiple healers that it's near insta death every time you step into the arena. Soon as you appear. Boom. They all turn to you. If this happens to me multiple matches in a row then I stop pvp for the night as it sucks. I know it's great gaming on their part. They're doing what they need to win but my operative can't handle that many and they just follow me incessantly. Another tactic that smart PvPers will do is lay down an aoe when I try to stealth out. I'm done with my operative healer :p not in 5.1 and not after operative heals were nerfed

Yep, no surprise there. This isn't even remotely alt or even main friendly toward pvpers, IMO.

Question for me is, do I sub next month knowing this or not? The answer for me is obvious, but I'll be thinking about it.

Edit: *ofc, I could just run ops, but fair-minded decisions, in regards to the game, is what this is about for me*

Edited by ZeroTypeR