Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

So where are the promised changes to gearing up ?.

Dreez

I've read that the devs were going to change the way we acquire gear and i have yet to see any

changes to the stupid Command point system. How about actually making Flashpoints useful ?.

Currently there's no reason to run Flashpoints OR Heroics, both rewards a minor reward for commandpoints

nothing more, and i can understand if Heroics doesn't offer gear, but Flashpoints should, they are the steppingstone

towards Operations and to learn players to team up.

This coming Tuesday.

And most likely you won't be any happier.

Well.... unless i see some positive changes to gearing up that doesn't involve total RNG,

my sub isn't going to be very happy either. Changes that makes Flashpoints actually WORTH DOING.

Currently 90% of content is useless. PvP doesn't reward anything, Heroics, Flashpoints rewards nothing.

Then what are we left with?.. Operations.

Edited by Dreez

Well.... unless i see some positive changes to gearing up that doesn't involve total RNG,

my sub isn't going to be very happy either. Changes that makes Flashpoints actually WORTH DOING.

Those are still better than those worthless Uprisings, A.K.A. - Guild Wars 2 fractured dungeons.

Better than recycled, harder, repeatable chapters, A.K.A. - 'Digitally remastered dog barf".

Currently 90% of content is useless. PvP doesn't reward anything, Heroics, Flashpoints rewards nothing.

Then what are we left with?.. Operations.

You're going to be disappointed.

Flash points are not getting any changes. They will still not really be worth doing. Same goes for heroics. Nothing but CXP gains for another slot machine pull of the RNG GC crate system.

PVP gets a slight change in that you will get gear slot pieces. Get so many in PVP and combine them with a few new RNG crate given command tokens to get ONE slot of gear that we think will have a set bonus to it.

OPS gets a similar set but instead of pieces for gear to combine. Every boss except the last boss (last boss is 100% drop chance at something) has an RNG change to drop a completed unassemble slot token. Combine that with the same RNG crate command tokens to get a full set item slot piece of gear.

It's a massive convoluted approach that sucks in about every way. Combine it with you will still be doing content that is 2-5 year old and it just gets worse.

It's a massive convoluted approach that sucks in about every way. Combine it with you will still be doing content that is 2-5 year old and it just gets worse.

That's pretty much sums up what they've told us so far. I, personally, have no expectation it will be any better than what they've announced.

Guess i'll be ending my payment after only 1 month then, a shame, i expected more from an mmo

that the devs has had 5 years to learn something about their playerbase...

We ALL expected more as well...I hope they say something that'll keep you playing, but they won't.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.