The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please Buff Sorc/Sage DPS

BraverDre

Agreed. I feel the same. I have full 242 and I can do 4 mills damage when i play regular warzone against new players bt spreading my useless dots but when i play solo ranked, all i can is kite hard and hope for the best. When I want to play group ranked, nobody want a sorc dps in their team. Pve is even worse. 8.6k dps on lightning with a bug and like 7.5k madness when other classes do 10k without even trying hard. 1 vs 1 sorc sxxx buuble just delayes ur death, defensive moves got nerfed dps got nerfed. If they dont buff it in 5.2 i quit cuz the game is no fun anymore for a sorc player

8.6k on lightning in full 242 is doable with no bug.

And most class top around 9.5k, its only Viru, Lethality, and Engineering that go higher.

Edited by verfallen

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8.6k on lightning in full 242 is doable with no bug.

And most class top around 9.5k, its only Viru, Lethality, and Engineering that go higher.

8.7k without bug is doable,http://parsely.io/parser/view/255181 with you can push the 9200-9500 http://parsely.io/parser/view/256209/0

also madness only 7.5....? people need to stop crying and first try things, I am **** with madness and barly know how to play it. and can do this, http://parsely.io/parser/view/255088/0 8150

Sorc needs a buff, but sorc is still perfectly viable as dps, escpially on lightning, and if you really like madness I am sure it can be made to work aswell, if you can only do 6-7.5k, it's not the class, it's you.

Edited by Folcwar

It needs to be buffed its a fact. I am planning to unsub just because 5.0 nerf ruined the class for ranked pvp and NiM pve. 5.2 - LAST HOPE

So many complaints about sorcs dps lol, tired of reading this already. However, i hope they won't make a new fotm when buffing sorc's dps. Dot pt need dps buff too the same as second dps pt spec (forgot it's name) needs a bit more defensive abilities. Concealment agent needs a nerf of defensive abilities but a small buff to dps, mercs needs a nerf to defensive abilities and so on...

So many complaints about sorcs dps lol, tired of reading this already. However, i hope they won't make a new fotm when buffing sorc's dps. Dot pt need dps buff too the same as second dps pt spec (forgot it's name) needs a bit more defensive abilities. Concealment agent needs a nerf of defensive abilities but a small buff to dps, mercs needs a nerf to defensive abilities and so on...

And we are tired of reading to buff PT's...

I forgot how it feels to play a game that is fun, emerging and somehow rewarding. Last Saturday i invested 10hrs in a row to play the new Mass Effect Andromeda trial and im sure this game will keep me playing for the next months. Yes the Face Animations suck and in several dialogues it destroys the immersion. But hey - its just one "bug".

Not a big problem.

The imbalance in SWTOR - especially Sorc DPS at the botom of all classes - is a big problem. It is just NO FUN to play a sage. Not in PVP nor in PVE. Last Thursday i tried to join a pug group for SOA and they told me they are just taking me with them because of my raidbuff. :(

My Sub is ending in May and i dont have the expectation to resub before December. Maybe.

It needs to be buffed its a fact. I am planning to unsub just because 5.0 nerf ruined the class for ranked pvp and NiM pve. 5.2 - LAST HOPE

Ok, but they need to buff PT as well. Look...

A Sorc is perfectly PLAYABLE anywhere outside Hard Mode+ stuff. A Powertech is UNPLAYABLE until you get Jet Charge(level 59). Which means that, I guess, PT became a go to class for insta 60 characters...(lol fml)

Both need a buff, but I feel like a PT should be first in the line.

There's no doubt about it. They're a melee class with no escapes, very poor defenses and no self healing worth mentioning.

Except PTs are still viable in nim ops, a luxury that sorcs currently don't have. I agree that PTs, especially pyro for dps and all around for surviving in pvp, need a buff, but sorc is unuseable right now.

Except PTs are still viable in nim ops, a luxury that sorcs currently don't have. I agree that PTs, especially pyro for dps and all around for surviving in pvp, need a buff, but sorc is unuseable right now.

No, it is not. Wanna trade your NiM Ops(lol maybe 5% of players play at this level) inadequacy for our 1-60 inadequacy? Do keep in mind, this means NO new blood!

Sorcerer is perfectly playable outside of Upper echelons of PvE / PvP. PT is playable there, but unplayable on the road there.

lol at this whole discussion. "We are the worst!" "No, we are!" "Go to hell, we suxxorz as all hell" :D

No, it is not. Wanna trade your NiM Ops(lol maybe 5% of players play at this level) inadequacy for our 1-60 inadequacy? Do keep in mind, this means NO new blood!

Sorcerer is perfectly playable outside of Upper echelons of PvE / PvP. PT is playable there, but unplayable on the road there.

lol at this whole discussion. "We are the worst!" "No, we are!" "Go to hell, we suxxorz as all hell" :D

Seeing as levelling from 1-60 takes all of 4 hrs atm I'd love to take you up on that offer.

Seeing as levelling from 1-60 takes all of 4 hrs atm I'd love to take you up on that offer.

It does not. Only to level from 1-10 takes like 20-30 minutes(depending on the starter world) with skipping cutscenes. What about all those new players who want to just immerse themselves? The lack of jump will be jarring. And the lack of comparative ability(when they see that a JK gets it at level TWO! -> 2 minutes tops playing) could even piss them off so much that they could simply give up and /uninstall.

I mean, even with spamming heroics and flashpoints...it'll take you some 24 hours or so. If you divide that by 2(amount of casual playing hours), that is TWELVE DAYS(17 280 minutes). While a JK gets it in TWELVE MINUTES(cutscenes included - 0,00833 days). The difference? 1 440 times! And if newbies simply grind heroics and fps they won't experience the best part of SWTOR: 1 - 50. And all that only because of a single skill(and few passives) that are blatantly in the wrong place.

I mean, it's so easy to fix. If I could edit the game, I'd have fixed it in ~2 hours(including getting used to the edit tools). A Bioware professional can do it in like ~10 minutes tops.

Now, a Sorc is a more complex subject. They've numbers deficiency. But I'm not certain where. Turbulence is still very strong, every GCD is used, there are TWO DoTs practically omnipresent, no energy issues, no tempo issues...this is a conundrum. Which can only be fixed by going and seeing what was changed in the first place. Some of those changes backfired(or a mix thereof). The question is...which?

Edited by Cuiwe

It does not. Only to level from 1-10 takes like 20-30 minutes(depending on the starter world) with skipping cutscenes. What about all those new players who want to just immerse themselves? The lack of jump will be jarring. And the lack of comparative ability(when they see that a JK gets it at level TWO! -> 2 minutes tops playing) could even piss them off so much that they could simply give up and /uninstall.

I mean, even with spamming heroics and flashpoints...it'll take you some 24 hours or so. If you divide that by 2(amount of casual playing hours), that is TWELVE DAYS(17 280 minutes). While a JK gets it in TWELVE MINUTES(cutscenes included - 0,00833 days). The difference? 1 440 times! And if newbies simply grind heroics and fps they won't experience the best part of SWTOR: 1 - 50. And all that only because of a single skill(and few passives) that are blatantly in the wrong place.

I mean, it's so easy to fix. If I could edit the game, I'd have fixed it in ~2 hours(including getting used to the edit tools). A Bioware professional can do it in like ~10 minutes tops.

Now, a Sorc is a more complex subject. They've numbers deficiency. But I'm not certain where. Turbulence is still very strong, every GCD is used, there are TWO DoTs practically omnipresent, no energy issues, no tempo issues...this is a conundrum. Which can only be fixed by going and seeing what was changed in the first place. Some of those changes backfired(or a mix thereof). The question is...which?

Your first part of the response is merely opinion, which I can respect. However, while it sucks that PTs take forever to get a leap, it's in the part of the game that doesn't matter compared to the endgame. Also, it's worth noting that until 4.0 DPS PTs didn't even get a leap at all, and that was when it took much longer to level. While I agree jet charge should be an early ability, it's only a minor inconvenience that it comes at level 59, imo.

The change with sorc was just a straight up nerfing of numbers in 5.0, which is evidenced by preliminary datamining in the months leading up to KotET. The fact that sorc wasn't even all that amazing in 4.0 after the madness self healing nerfs means that the decrease in raw numbers was a recipe for disaster. The fix is just a reversal of the 5.0 changes, and maybe even more...

Edited by AndoEyrune

Your first part of the response is merely opinion, which I can respect. However, while it sucks that PTs take forever to get a leap, it's in the part of the game that doesn't matter compared to the endgame. Also, it's worth noting that until 4.0 DPS PTs didn't even get a leap at all, and that was when it took much longer to level. While I agree jet charge should be an early ability, it's only a minor inconvenience that it comes at level 59, imo.

The change with sorc was just a straight up nerfing of numbers in 5.0, which is evidenced by preliminary datamining in the months leading up to KotET. The fact that sorc wasn't even all that amazing in 4.0 after the madness self healing nerfs means that the decrease in raw numbers was a recipe for disaster. The fix is just a reversal of the 5.0 changes, and maybe even more...

Yeah, but until 5,0, the average range of a Vanguard / PT was what? 15 meters? 20 meters? I think it's latter. Not to mention you had several full range abilities(also a certain ability called "Full Auto"). Nowadays, most of things are 10 meters or shorter, so...

Funnily enough a lot of complaints wouldn't be had if BW scraped the whole 5,0. I don't necessarily think there is a good thing to it. Well, maybe story-it's definitely better than KoTFE's was.

Edited by Cuiwe

Exactly. They should buff sorc dps because its dps is so low that u have to get 242 gear in order to dps on the same level as other classes like mercs and snipers that have 230 gear on. If they don't buff it in 5.2 ppl many ppl will leave.

Exactly. They should buff sorc dps because its dps is so low that u have to get 242 gear in order to dps on the same level as other classes like mercs and snipers that have 230 gear on. If they don't buff it in 5.2 ppl many ppl will leave.

But if they don't buff Powertech, Pyro especially, people will still leave. Thus, they simply have to(almost must) do the balance. But I somehow doubt it...

But if they don't buff Powertech, Pyro especially, people will still leave. Thus, they simply have to(almost must) do the balance. But I somehow doubt it...

I wish there are good people working on 5.2 patch and they buff both sorc dps and pt dps.

They need it more than sorcs.

Except they don't. I'm fine with Pyrotech receiving a buff. However, I don't think AP needs one, as it was incredibly powerful through all of 4.0. Sage DPS was not. And it's even worse now. I'm fine with leaving Telekinetics as is, as it's a ranged burst spec and has no business being near sustained specs in terms of damage numbers, but Balance needs a buff to at least make Sages able to clear NiM.

Except they don't. I'm fine with Pyrotech receiving a buff. However, I don't think AP needs one, as it was incredibly powerful through all of 4.0. Sage DPS was not. And it's even worse now. I'm fine with leaving Telekinetics as is, as it's a ranged burst spec and has no business being near sustained specs in terms of damage numbers, but Balance needs a buff to at least make Sages able to clear NiM.

I play Pyrotech so that's what I'm referring to. I should be more clear :p With that said, ,the fact that Pyrotech must be in melee range means it's already in worse shape than any sorc spec.

I play Pyrotech so that's what I'm referring to. I should be more clear :p With that said, ,the fact that Pyrotech must be in melee range means it's already in worse shape than any sorc spec.

I'll agree, and also, when Bioware nerfed Pyrotech into the ground around 3.1, I think it was, they did it not because of its performance in raids, but because of its performance on a dummy, where even AP was pulling close to or more, and on real fights, AP would do more. I honesty think that making the rotation work as it did in 3.0 launch would work, it wouldn't bring it to the level of a spec like Lethality or Annihilation, but it will still be competitive.

They should buff Madness/Balance Sorc/Sage in 5.2. it's disturbing how low the dps of this spec is

Very disturbing especially considering that unlike TK, Balance has a limited Force pool and eventually while doing the rotation, you will run out at some point, and Balance does not have an ability like Vent Heat that allows for them to resume their rotation, nor do they have an appropriate ranged auto attack. I'm not saying bring 2.10 Madness back but I still think that it needs a substantial DPS buff.