Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Worst ingame community ever.

Dreez

Started playing yesterday after having my doubt since launch... today i decided against all judgement

to go subscriber to gain more benefits because i did like it somewhat... and it was 13$.

But today i've been running around in Kaas city for 1 hour trying to locate the trainer for speeder,

and everytime i've asked in general chat for help, i've been trolled by all players who actually responded.

I come from Warframe where, if you ask a question, you get instantly 5-6 ADULT REPLIES to the direct

solution to the problem. But in this game, is appears to be only trolls and immature players.

Starting to regret that 13$ spent.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started playing yesterday after having my doubt since launch... today i decided against all judgement

to go subscriber to gain more benefits because i did like it somewhat... and it was 13$.

But today i've been running around in Kaas city for 1 hour trying to locate the trainer for speeder,

and everytime i've asked in general chat for help, i've been trolled by all players who actually responded.

I come from Warframe where, if you ask a question, you get instantly 5-6 ADULT REPLIES to the direct

solution to the problem. But in this game, is appears to be only trolls and immature players.

Because its Dromund Kaas the hearth of f2p troll kids

On DK you're lucky if no one talks at all. Everyone gets diarrhea of the mouth there for some reason.

Honestly if I had been there I probably wouldn't have said anything because to tell you the truth I don't even remember where you get speeder training, I just always get it from my legacy anymore.

On DK you're lucky if no one talks at all. Everyone gets diarrhea of the mouth there for some reason.

Honestly if I had been there I probably wouldn't have said anything because to tell you the truth I don't even remember where you get speeder training, I just always get it from my legacy anymore.

It's just a skill, so you get it from your skill trainer. For subs it's at level 10 that you get it, so all he has to do is talk to his skill trainer.

You are probably being trolled because of:

A) Dromand Kaas is the SWTOR equivalent of WoWs Barrens Chat.

B) For a long time now.... speeder training is handed out directly from your class trainer (or the pop-a-trainer personal trainer on demand.. which you can obtain one for free right now on Fleet).

C) You are trying to use in game chat channels as your own personal search engine. After 5 years of this.. a lot of MMO players simply have little tolerance for such laziness. They may also not know if you are trying to troll them with such a simple and easily searchable question, since your question is silly given B above. https://www.google.com/#q=speeder+trainer+on+dromund+kaas

Edited by Andryah

There is no separate trainer for speeder, it will be available with your class trainer at the appropriate level. You should have met your class trainer already in DK, if you haven't they are in the sith sanctum / mando enclave / intelligence headquarters. There is a handy filter on your map which will highlight the trainers.

Which server? While there is no place on the internet entirely free from trolls, the chat channels on some servers are far worse than others. Faction matters to a certain extent too. For whatever reason the Empire seems to attract more douchebags no matter the server. While Republic chat isn't entirely free from trolls, Imperial chat is toxic more often.

Last night I was running a new character on Ebon Hawk through Tython and there was a new player that was asking a lot of questions about the game. He or she didn't get anything except civil or helpful replies.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Because its Dromund Kaas the hearth of f2p troll kids

Those who troll are sub players .

to the OP : Avoid chat on starters planet like Hutta , Coruscant , Dromun Kaas and the fleet . The fleet is way worse . If you need the GTN , you can find one on Nar shadaa so that you can avoid the toxic Fleet .

Those who troll are sub players .

to the OP : Avoid chat on starters planet like Hutta , Coruscant , Dromun Kaas and the fleet . The fleet is way worse . If you need the GTN , you can find one on Nar shadaa so that you can avoid the toxic Fleet .

Better yet. I have one in my stronghold.

Better yet. I have one in my stronghold.

Yep... stronghold chat channels tend to be less troll ridden. Probably because many players simply ignore chat while in their stronghold and the available audience is smaller.

Trolls need a large audience to feed them attention... so they go to Fleet or the starter planets where instance populations tend to be higher.

And I agree with an earlier post that the imperial side of the game seems to be more troll prone. It seems smack-talk is part and parcel of the Imperial social model with many players.

Edited by Andryah

No luck man. For me SWTOR got one of best community.

Well, I don't know which server you're on and all that but it does get better. Dromund Kaas for some reason is the worst chat of the entire game. You might find that on the following planets things are much better.

Hey Fellow Tenno! Look me up if your ever in Warframe my Operator name is: 0zryel :D

Also to the main comment, try none starter cities... starter cities in this game are really toxic for some reason. GM supervision must be minimal in some servers.

Unless your a "Troll Hunter" like me and just play along to see how much of a fool they make them selves look... personal entertainment, got to feed the troll... their such a frail pathetic species, worthy of torture. (joking) :p

Edited by Zehal

Unless your a "Troll Hunter" like me and just play along to see how much of a fool they make them selves look... personal entertainment, got to feed the troll... their such a frail pathetic species, worthy of torture. (joking)

Lol your avatar goes along perfectly with this comment :D

B) For a long time now.... speeder training is handed out directly from your class trainer
"For a long time now" as in since the game launched.

Yep... stronghold chat channels tend to be less troll ridden. Probably because many players simply ignore chat while in their stronghold and the available audience is smaller.
There are no "stronghold chat" channels. If you are in your stronghold, the chat is the same General Chat channel as the planet the stronghold is on. If you are in your DK stronghold, you will see the exact same "toxic' chat as if you were on the planet.

Dromund Kaas is legendary. I think it's the power of the Dark Temple slowly brainwashing all residents.

Also it's such a well known discussion swamp that people are often throwing in Trump/Hillary or religious topic baits just to keep the DK chat legend alive:-D.

There are no "stronghold chat" channels. If you are in your stronghold, the chat is the same General Chat channel as the planet the stronghold is on. If you are in your DK stronghold, you will see the exact same "toxic' chat as if you were on the planet.

True, I was just keeping it simplistic.

And I agree, the DK stronghold chat would be just as toxic, but I refuse to have a DK stronghold... so no personal experience with it.

Edited by Andryah

To be honest not all people are trolls and immature. If you like the game, don't let those people get to you. My suggestion to you though is find a guild. Then you do not have to worry about general chat and turn it off if you like. People in guilds typically want to help if they can. If you are on one of the servers, I am on, I will be more than willing to help if I can.

uuu what we have here a little child came from Warframe whining uutututu need a glass of milk soldier? Maybe to lvl up your toon? WELCOME TO EMPIRE u dirty SOLDIER,here we don't tolerate those who can't find and take whatever they want, stupids don't become sith :csw_guard::csw_atat::wea_03:

DK general chat is worse than WoW Trade/Barrens chat COMBINED. At least back in the old days of WoW. Trade chat is still like that... but at least you get complete silence in the Barrens nowadays.

I was on DK just the other day, and was appalled at the vitriol. I've gotten in habit just closing chat all together. I'm sorry you didn't get a straight answer, OP.

BC, while one of the smaller servers, has a fairly helpful community. Every time someone asks questions. There are the trolls, yes, but people do answer them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.