This gearing system is sucking off my will to play

Vaerah

Hello,

I just wanted to add my voice to the vast choir of dissatisfied players.

I quit at Makeb times, but after seeing such beautiful advertisment videos I decided to give SWTOR another try.

I paid a 3 months sub, I was eligible for the 3 days play before expansion release. I want(ed) to play all my 6 characters.

Besides the odd storyline, feeling very weird if you are not a force user, I am having an HELL getting geared up.

I am talking about *1* character here. The grind is gruesome, I play 6h a day so I am not exactly "casual". I also do a fair amount of PvP, where the CXP should come in at top speed.

However, playing since the beginning, all I have to show off so far, is a lowly 230 set pair of boots and that's it!

Plus, I have painfully discovered my Sage and Sorceress are more or less nerfed to beyond oblivion so I need 2 sets: one to have fun (DPS) and one to even be remotely allowed into a proper ranked PvP team (healing).

With this pace I am going to need 6 months+ a set per each of my 6 characters.

This is INSANE!

I am totally unable to play all my characters, I have to pick 1 and just grind gear like a Korean grinder on steroids!

Add on top of it, the fact every companion now is its own kind of grind and it has to be repeated...

What were you thinking at Bioware when you devised this gearing system?

I cannot bear this torture any longer, you are driving me out of your game despite I really wanted to play at least 1 year!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you mean, threads like this keep appearing now and after 3 weeks people are starting to feel hopeless. Even for the people for whom this system was designed, that dont do OPerations or PVP must be having a hard time.

This morning i didnt get a pop for PVP, GSF or Uprisings so i tried the "Daliy missions" and it was terrible, so little cxp and took so long. This system is indeed terrible. Some people got ahead with the early elite grind and then KP grind, but that is about it, now it pretty much stopped!!

I do feel frustrated my self when i see the rank getting harded and harder, longer and longer to achieve and as you said its "1" toon!! The nerfs to the elite mobs started it all as they are eveywhere, operations, flashpoints, heroics and with 2 cxp for them it just makes no sence. But overall the system is simply garbage and makes people hate the game.

I know what you mean, threads like this keep appearing now and after 3 weeks people are starting to feel hopeless. Even for the people for whom this system was designed, that dont do OPerations or PVP must be having a hard time.

I don't do Ops or PvP and I have been very vocal that RNG Gearing is just FAIL ever since it was announced.

In fact I am so disgusted at RNG that not only do I not do Ops and PvP, now I don't even do Login In.

All The Best

But look on the bright side, there's um, .... well, there's the...., um.... oh, never mind.

....there's something exciting they can't tell us about just yet?

Honestly, the most exciting thing that could happen to this game right now is BWA being removed as the developers.

All The Best

Edited by DarthSpuds

Even for the people for whom this system was designed, that dont do OPerations or PVP must be having a hard time.

As a primarily solo player, I think the RNG system is garbage. Not so much for me. I crafted 228 gear, which is likely to carry me through much of what I do. I've never had BiS gear with a set bonus as a solo player, and never needed it. I think the gearing system is garbage because of how it affects other players. I see the SWTOR players as a mix of a variety of interests, and playstyles. I don't like it when some aspect of the game is twisted so badly, and so poorly impacts other players. It's a bad idea that never should have made it live. The last livestream mentioned upcoming changes, but I think it will take some time before the current mess is straightened out.

This system is the latest in a string of things that adversely impact players.

RPers no longer have their servers listed as being RP on the ingame server selection screen. PvP season rewards are best described by the great Lando Calrissian, "This deal's getting worse all the time." Raiders get strung along with vague not-promises promises. The Eternal Championship Speed-run fiasco. Even me, as a story driven solo player, getting squished into one-size-doesn't-fit-all KotFE and KotET.

And that friggin' DvL banner is the bell to remind me of how things are during those rare moments when I can still lose myself ingame.

Edited by Nmyownworld

Hang in there. There are changes coming. What do you enjoy doing most in the game? Try looking at the gtn for 230 gear? And someone posted on YouTube there's a mods vendor with 45 mods for a fab price. Check it out and see if that's helpful. Dont focus on the gc or rng. Soon you'll be able to pvp and assemble gear so hopefully that will ease it a bit Edited by americanaussie

I don't do Ops or PvP and I have been very vocal that RNG Gearing is just FAIL ever since it was announced.

In fact I am so disgusted at RNG that not only do I not do Ops and PvP, now I don't even do Login In.

All The Best

Well as for gear, we can just get the credits and buy 240 stuff from gtn and we are done, no need to get to rank 300 :)

Hang in there. There are changes coming.

There's nothing to hang in for. The "Changes" are a smoke screen. They are total BS because Ben and crown refuse to admit that there "chance" on something different was a total screw up. AS along as they won't admit they screwed the pooch it's not going to get better and there is no reason to give them any money, whatsoever. Strop paying and they'll either fix it or end up on unemployment. Either is preferable to the mess they've made of the game now.

Hello,

I just wanted to add my voice to the vast choir of dissatisfied players.

I quit at Makeb times, but after seeing such beautiful advertisment videos I decided to give SWTOR another try.

I paid a 3 months sub, I was eligible for the 3 days play before expansion release. I want(ed) to play all my 6 characters.

Besides the odd storyline, feeling very weird if you are not a force user, I am having an HELL getting geared up.

I am talking about *1* character here. The grind is gruesome, I play 6h a day so I am not exactly "casual". I also do a fair amount of PvP, where the CXP should come in at top speed.

However, playing since the beginning, all I have to show off so far, is a lowly 230 set pair of boots and that's it!

Plus, I have painfully discovered my Sage and Sorceress are more or less nerfed to beyond oblivion so I need 2 sets: one to have fun (DPS) and one to even be remotely allowed into a proper ranked PvP team (healing).

With this pace I am going to need 6 months+ a set per each of my 6 characters.

This is INSANE!

I am totally unable to play all my characters, I have to pick 1 and just grind gear like a Korean grinder on steroids!

Add on top of it, the fact every companion now is its own kind of grind and it has to be repeated...

What were you thinking at Bioware when you devised this gearing system?

I cannot bear this torture any longer, you are driving me out of your game despite I really wanted to play at least 1 year!

Good! I'm thrilled you're adding your voice. You're 100% correct and you're not alone. Help us get this changed!!!

With deep regret i unsubbed and uninstalled today,its inconceivable for a story driven mmo to turn into this korean grind fest.I was having a big discussion with my guild mates about the "end game" and the consensus myself included said after you get to legendary and finish the expansions theres nothing really anything to do aside from some OPs.

You're saying it's time for me to make my own special snowflake thread, so I can get a fanboy circle jerk going?

Actually I was just trying to point out that you are accusing the OP of the same thing you are doing - adding their opinion to multiple threads.

About the reason you gave for making your own thread, your private preferences and habits should remain private, so please keep them off this forum...

We're what, about 3 weeks into the expansion? I'm at GC Rank 4 on my one and only level 70. Haven't felt encouraged to really play since finishing out the 9 Chapters. I'm not really an end-game gear driven person either in this game, to be fair, but in the past I'd at least go knock out heroics, get my crystals and head for the vendor and I would have already accumulated a certain amount of crystals while leveling/playing the story which was nice. Now that I'm asked to grind myself into oblivion for a maybe, no thanks. I'll play my baby alts now and then to enjoy the classic story arcs and that's it. I may stay subbed for a while to see where it goes or I may disappear again. Classic content aside, I'm lacking the desire to play all that much.

Actually I was just trying to point out that you are accusing the OP of the same thing you are doing - adding their opinion to multiple threads.

About the reason you gave for making your own thread, your private preferences and habits should remain private, so please keep them off this forum...

No, his or her reason for posting a new thread was to add his or her own voice, which he or she has already done repeatedly. That was the point. Every one of these threads is a circle jerk affirmation for each one of the snowflakes that needs their own "hey look at me and validate my opinion" thread. I don't agree with everything being done with GC or CXP but the constant whine threads by the same crowd are getting old.

It really isn't THAT bad, all these dramatic "I can't take it anymore" posts are ridiculous.

With deep regret i unsubbed and uninstalled today,its inconceivable for a story driven mmo to turn into this korean grind fest.I was having a big discussion with my guild mates about the "end game" and the consensus myself included said after you get to legendary and finish the expansions theres nothing really anything to do aside from some OPs.

I'm sorry to hear this...:(