Next Big Bad?

sithgreyguard

None. I cannot really imagine what should be EVEN MORE BOMBASTIC than what we've seen, story-wise, and keep the least bit of PLAUSIBILITY.

This game has had such an epic finale.

By killing Vitiate, i.e. THE big bad of virtually all previous contents of SWTOR, you have basically made it Ruler of Everything, although completely taking over Zakuul and thus the Eternal Empire should really have been an option; this "Alliance" cannot plausibly be kept up past the achievement of the mutual target, and this should have been accounted for.

I would have liked to see the players return to (or at least approach) their own faction. Keeping up a setup that was created for the sole purpose of fighting a common foe has never once proved viable in history once the common foe was gone.

However, while the setup in which they chose to leave players in 5.0 Endgame seems to provide for future story possibilities at a first glance, for me this tactic quickly gains a stale feeling, since it would basically be like forcing characters which ought to have a lot of experience and sense (The Barsen'thor! The former Emperor's Wrath! Darth Nox! etc.) on an imbecile, short-sighted decision-making process, offering them no plausible or rather obvious options, instead forcing implausible and instable solutions on them and afterwards forcing them to mop up what's left of their intentionally misconceived decisions.

That's why it doesn't really matter to me if they find someone in the ranks of either faction to play the new Big Bad, or if they intend an even more implausible and ridiculous move than they made by introducing Zakuul. The fact that the alleged Ruler of Everything cannot make a decent decision as to what plausible aim the Alliance should follow after Valkorion's death would be a grossly weak nucleus for a new story arc and a new Big Bad.

Seriously, what should possibly follow? I find it hard to believe that this game is gonna reach 6.0. We're now into the Knights of the Eternal Gear Grind endgame concept, this imho is pretty much a preliminary stage of Maintenance Mode (which is likely to be announced as soon as an EA followup MMO from the Star Wars IP announces a go-live schedule). They're milking players like crazy with all those fancy CM options, packs and crates, GCXP boosts being just the tip of the Iceberg - make as much profit as long as there's people willing to pay money for that stuff.

To wrap it up: I do not see another big expansion to this game, so no new Big Bad on the horizon imho.

Edited by force_fortytwo

No idea, they've shot themselves in the foot with the plot. Then blew said foot off with a shotgun with the RNG.

Plot wise: The guys who built the Dyson Sphere perhaps? Maybe some galaxy wide droid revolution that takes the Eternal Fleet with it leaving you with your Sith/Pub ships?

Maybe the first boss fight could be against C2-N2 ? :sul_wink:

Edited by Paulsutherland

I really don't see where this game can go from here. The ending was too much like LOTR where they finally defeat Sauron. We've achieved peace one way or the other, but this Alliance we've built doesn't last, but that could be a hundred years before it falls apart.

The only way this could go, would to really blow their entire lower body off and have us fight the Yuzhann Vong next.

Well they way things where left I say the next big comes from both the Republic and Empire...as the main character is now a Third Political and military power on its own. Maybe the BIG BAD will be one of your rivals on the legacy? That be something! Facing off or teaming up (romancing even) if temporary with one or more characters in your legacy... thought I cannot see how they could pull that off... without addressing first the missing elements in the completed chapter stories that are not taken into the current (or even previous) stories. OR The Ones: Abeloth (the Mother), The Father, the Son and the Daughter worshiped as the Twin Deities or simply as the spirits in the Nightsisters' religion, are the only ones powerful to be a threat to the main character.

Other than that I think SWTOR should focus on enhancing what content is already in game... make the Class story and other completed content count for any Chapter you replay or will come out...like additional options open up, like you reviving your fallen friends (in story, console recruitment dose not count, as its just a game option with no real impact in story), or stopping them from being killed... landing on your feet or resisting in a more powerful and visual manner any type of force/massive attack/manipulation... shoot massive force powers even without the Emperor empowering...and the list can go on.

Point is: If they want to milk it and make us replay content it should be refine and show in story how far your character has progress in it, just like you get to actually see how your legacy empowers your character in game. Before any other chapter they should work on this, and refine whats already on that direction. I think their aiming to that, specially seeing how you get a special weapon and other little bits that affect the challenge of certain fights depending on previous choices on other Chapters... but they should add more in the cut seems too...so veteran players can feel rewarded for all the challenges they overcome and see their effort taking form not only in game play but also in story and cutscenes... its just disappointing and disrespectful seeing a veteran character being toss constantly left and right like a rookie with no regard to any previous experience or similar challenges that you overcome...

I really don't know if this a limitation of the game or too hard to implement without messing up the old content or just being easy way to write content for the game... but as a heavily focus story driven MMO this has to at "some point become the focus" of development for SWTOR Dev Team... specially if they want to sell more and more Cartel stuff... if not, whats the point of a main BIG BAD enemy, if your just gonna get beat up all over again and have all your efforts be dismantle into nothing to start all over again? It doesn't even have to affect how the main story flows but it would add a desirable layer of detail and depth to your character making you want to unlock all chapters (or even pay for vanity items) just to get that deserve satisfaction in the cutscenes storytelling. (Making you want to see and replay your character just to chose does unlock cutscenes hidden options you previously could not access through the default "Outsider Story" quest.).

PS: Sorry for the long post, I was going to make a new post talking about this but seen this post already ask and brings up that question... I took the liberty of just adding my feedback to it... Not sure if this will fall into deft ears with the SWTOR team... but this is my honest feedback after being inactive and coming back to sub and play the story of this eternal SW Saga. :)

Edited by Zehal

I really don't see where this game can go from here. The ending was too much like LOTR where they finally defeat Sauron. We've achieved peace one way or the other, but this Alliance we've built doesn't last, but that could be a hundred years before it falls apart.

The only way this could go, would to really blow their entire lower body off and have us fight the Yuzhann Vong next.

I agree with the Yuzhann Vong theory :)

I agree with the Yuzhann Vong theory :)

It would literally be the only race now that could give us a major fight. And the groundwork was already laid in KOTOR with Canderous' story about chasing a ship that looked like an asteroid that spit plasma.

And since they have been completely written out far as Canon goes, they would be the only ones who could give the eternal fleet a major fight along with our uber powerful character.

Darth Jadus has my vote.

This. He would make the perfect big bad right now. He's shown a mastery of working in the shadows, manipulating ... well everything, and he's one of the very few that potentially saw/did see Vitiate/Valkorian's plan coming. He would be perfect right now and I could easily see him toppling, completely, the Alliance (for those that want that). The uprisings now would actually fit the beginning of his kind of plan. Him or the Star Cabal. Though I'd rather see Jadus, he's also more plausible given things.

Jadus has had the time to prepare and everything, I'd love to see his return, especially right now. I think it would be perfect. :)

+1 to Jadus, an intelligent Sith with no family drama would be a nice change. I also do not expect him and Empress Acina to get along so I can see both the Imps and Pubs going after him in their own way and leaving the PC to decide which side to support. Edited by EtherealSlasher

The Exile became one with the Force in the "Maelstrom Prison Flashpoint."

There's two star forges left, of which one is for terraforming.

And yes, the only plausible thing I can see happening now is that the Eternal Fleet is used to fight the Yuzhaan Vong. However, that would require the creation of a TON, literally probably hundreds of in-game assets, and they wouldn't be able to recycle assets like they used for the Eternal Empire. Therefore I doubt it would happen.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

The Exile became one with the Force in the "Maelstrom Prison Flashpoint."

There's two star forges left, of which one is for terraforming.

And yes, the only plausible thing I can see happening now is that the Eternal Fleet is used to fight the Yuzhaan Vong. However, that would require the creation of a TON, literally probably hundreds of in-game assets, and they wouldn't be able to recycle assets like they used for the Eternal Empire. Therefore I doubt it would happen.

~ Eudoxia

But the Galaxy hadn't saw the Vong until 25 ABY which was the start of the vong war.Woudn't mind a minor scout shipt becoming either an uprisings,an flashpoint or even a raid.But full scale war?That would be extremely lore breaking.

The Immortal Emperor might have passed away but He isn't dead; He is just a great Savant and User of all the Sides of the Force, He is also The Great Deceiver, namely The Greatest Actor and the Greatest Director and Screen Writter!!... As an example, He must be the very "Force Master" who had helped Guss Tuno to become a Jedi...

That said, I have to admit that He just lost a certain vessel and that He is almost everywhere!! His deeper purposes (and He must have at least one...) aren't conceibable from standard Force Users...

It is also true that the next Antagonist will not be perhaps directly connected to Vitiate/Valcorion/...

I honestly don't know. The New Canon established that the Old Republic was a separate government from the Galactic Republic, which fell apart around 1000 BBY when the last of the Sith were destroyed. Presumably, if SWTOR is going to have to match the New Canon, then whatever they do will imply that the Old Republic is continuing to get weaker.

~ Eudoxia

The New Big Bad is already here and has been silently at work since 4.0:

The second Star Cabal, composed of

all the EA bigwig execs and *gasp* believe it or not-- HEIDI KLUM!!!! Who have established the evil Empire of turning SWTOR into a Project Runway Fashion Show!! That's right folks, all part of EA's absolutely DESPICABLE plot of "Keep on buying more CARTEL PACKS so we can stroke our (rhymes with "sticks") ever more briskly!!

:tran_evil:

the ones: Abeloth (the mother), the father, the son and the daughter worshiped as the twin deities or simply as the spirits in the nightsisters' religion, are the only ones powerful to be a threat to the main character.

Those would be interesting, I hadn't thought of those! I'd be especially interested in Dathomir and the Nightsisters. Both would be going with SWTOR's current DvL theme. The devs aren't doing the class storylines or faction storylines anymore =(.

I think the next big bad will a betrayal from within the Eternal Alliance. There's just too many factions to find common ground now that their common enemy is no more.

Revan or The Emperor again, would be the worst:p

Edited by Walking_Kyle