• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YAY!...so what did you put in yours ? :D

Not likely to reccomend GC,

Likely to reccomend because of story

indifferent to class changes.

Rated swtor overall a 7

What would make me keep playing, Removal of GC + Arcann future romance.

:rak_03: Gotta put it in there.

Edited by Eshvara

I haven't seen anyone cancel yet, just a whole lot of empty threats as usual.

You do understand that once someone cancels a Sub they still have Forum Access for as long as they have remaining game-time.

I unsubbed the day it was confirmed that 5.0 would go live with RNG/GC intact.

My paid for game time runs out 23rd December, so I have Forum Access until then.

I played one toon, my main, through KOTET and have not logged back in since.

All The Best

Strange, that's the first one i got.

Some went out very limited number of people. They don't generally mass them out to everyone. It could be this time around more forum people got them then not forum people.

They also generally tend to either send them to long term subs who up and quit, or people who come back for an expansion and then bolt right after. Trying to figure out why they could not retain those people. I usually fall into the latter category, as I have probably canceled after every expansion.....

Got one too. It's nice that they're actively seeking out feedback, I'll give them that. But a 50 character limit to try to explain what the game would need to do to improve my experience (other than just #RemoveRNG and #RemoveGC) is completely inadequate. I get that they don't want to have to read through a novel from every person, but even a Tweet can have more characters than that.

I have, sub runs out in 2 weeks, will not renew, will take another look in 6mnths, i'm sure im not alone!!!

Sorry, I should have phrased that better. I haven't seen any one actually quit after falsely proclaiming to have quit. It's always the same, "I quit nine months ago, just waiting for my sub to run out", etc. My bad for not being more clear in my original statement.

Got one too. It's nice that they're actively seeking out feedback, I'll give them that. But a 50 character limit to try to explain what the game would need to do to improve my experience (other than just #RemoveRNG and #RemoveGC) is completely inadequate. I get that they don't want to have to read through a novel from every person, but even a Tweet can have more characters than that.

Just writing Galactic command is most of your characters already. -_-" Just watch them not understanding with GC means.:rak_03::rak_06:

:(

I went Jeeday and put ''Answer your playerbase on the forum''...

*Sigh*...too late for that wish now lol

xD

Edited by Eshvara

I haven't seen anyone cancel yet, just a whole lot of empty threats as usual.

I did. I pressed the unsubscribe button on the 5th I think after having recurring sub since launch with no lapses and being a beta player , blah blah blah. Sub runs to 2nd of January.

That's not to say I'm gone for good, as I may stay on as preferred to play things with friends here and there. But I won't keep paying for a sub while they "monitor things". When actions are taken, I'll "monitor things" and then resub if I like the changes.

Sorry, I should have phrased that better. I haven't seen any one actually quit after falsely proclaiming to have quit. It's always the same, "I quit nine months ago, just waiting for my sub to run out", etc. My bad for not being more clear in my original statement.

Of course you won't see someone quit after falsely proclaim it. The people who quit truthfully proclaim it :D

Just writing Galactic command is most of your characters already. -_-" Just watch them not understanding with GC means.:rak_03::rak_06:

Oh, I didn't actually use the hashtags. There's just stuff with this game I'd like changed other than that. Basically I just put "Get rid of Galactic Command forever". My original answer talked about fixing bugs that have been around for years, replacing the dev team, listening to customers on the forums, teaching their CS people to all actually read the tickets that get sent to them and how to better answer them, a bunch of other points... but then I found out about the character limit.

Edited by AscendingSky

• Dev Post

Hey folks!

Good catch on the 50 characters. That section is meant for quick/brief feedback, but not quite that brief. We have alerted the team of the issue and they are looking into allowing more characters in that field. Thanks!

-eric

I got one of these today; although I submitted it, it certainly didn't give me the opportunity to express my view on the content to any degree of detail. I haven't engaged the Galactic Command system yet due to a lack of interest after the initial first day of hype. Other than that, here was my view on changes I was most interested in, in regards to the current state of the game, post expansion.

TLDR: Though the Cartel Market releases great content, the attention it's given detracts from the gameplay value of "earning" your character progression. And since it's unlikely there will ever be even new advanced classes (e.g. no need to create new class story), I think it's important for continued replay value for advanced classes to be given new abilities to diversify their kits, and improve the power fantasy of each class/talent build.

My primary concerns with the progression of the game are twofold. The first centers around my perceived imbalance of the Cartel Market system. I love the items released through the system, and have personally invested a huge amount fiscally to obtain Cartel Market items. However, I feel the effort that goes into new Cartel Market releases greatly detracts from the gameplay potential. There are so few ways to obtain stimulating rewards with diverse visuals through gameplay, whereas the Cartel Market churns out high quality items in every field (armor, weapons, mounts, toys) on a constant basis. There's nothing wrong in my opinion with micro-transactions, but it is balanced in a way that makes me feel I'm just buying my character's individuality, not that I'm really earning anything towards it through gameplay. It hasn't stopped me from enjoying the game overall, but it has definitely diminished my excitement to play new content, and to invest more time overall in the game.

Secondly, and tied to diminished excitement to play new content, would be a complete lack of dynamic class changes since the game has been released. I've been playing since the game first launched, and each class plays essentially the same as it did from the start. There have been the addition of a few new abilities to each class, certainly, and tweaks to existing abilities, but they haven't, in essence, changed the "feeling" of any given class or talent rotation. Every class still feels the same to play, and has had nothing new to chew on and get excited about to add to their character fantasy. To make a comparison, in the new Legion expansion of World of Warcraft, the Artifact weapons that were introduced each added a new Artifact active ability for their respective Talent tree. These were wonderful additions to the power fantasy of the respective Talent builds and to the overall character fantasy of the classes. By comparison, the new release of Knights of the Eternal Throne simply tweaked several existing abilities, added new ones only to certain advanced classes, and stripped a great deal of shared abilities with the attempted idea of separating the play styles of each advanced class. This wasn't exciting at all when I first logged in to the expansion. I had nothing new to try out, nothing new to play with, my class, in essence, was playing exactly the same as it had beforehand. Class changes, in my opinion, add an enormous amount of replay value to an on-going game, as they force players to re-evaluate their play style, and learn more about their character as they do so, testing their new abilities in different scenarios.

Edited by KlaelDemon

Hey folks!

Good catch on the 50 characters. That section is meant for quick/brief feedback, but not quite that brief. We have alerted the team of the issue and they are looking into allowing more characters in that field. Thanks!

-eric

What about those of us who already submitted? A forum post we should make, humm?

EDIT: And don't you have a live stream to be preparing for... I don't want any shenanigans like last week...

Edited by Psychopyro

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.