SWTOR marketing team fail

higginsjf

Its sad that yet again in 2016 that deal has come to some of us and yet when you try to find out way its not come to you get the long song and dance from CS. Even if you where a auto 30 day sub and happen to get a 60 day card and put it on your account they see it as your 60 day player not what your account is flagged as. So I lost it on the SCR they moved my call to a supper visor that did nothing but piss me off even more. For where I live just North Up the Cost line of NY state up here in Canada. Told them EB Games up here been selling the 60 day cards for $29.99 no tax but yet when billed for the 30 days at times has gone over $25 so for few bucks more bigger bang for my $$$ but still got told that I had to have back in OCt 5th set up a auto sub. point out what was i to do unsub to swtor then re do it and get billed for 30 days even tho my account still had game time. SO far 2016 there deals to be sub have hit for some and left others in the dark and then fight to get it. Makes me wounder why the Teams at SWtor/EA can not come to the same table. And they wounder why so have left the game over the year. told one thing get the 180 side of the coin and Have to fight for what we where told we would get by swtor team For being Sub at point in time. !! Edited by higginsjf
rewording

Maybe stating in one sentence what your issue is would be a plus for those of us trying to read what you wrote.

I think the OP is trying to say "5 years of back to back time cards should = 5 year sub for rewards"

In which case I say, sub is sub. Time card is not sub.

Its sad that yet again in 2016 that deal has come to some of us and yet when you try to find out way its not come to you get the long song and dance from CS. Even if you where a auto 30 day sub and happen to get a 60 day card and put it on your account they see it as your 60 day player not what your account is flagged as. So I lost it on the SCR they moved my call to a supper visor that did nothing but piss me off even more. For where I live just North Up the Cost line of NY state up here in Canada. Told them EB Games up here been selling the 60 day cards for $29.99 no tax but yet when billed for the 30 days at times has gone over $25 so for few bucks more bigger bang for my $$$ but still got told that I had to have back in OCt 5th set up a auto sub. point out what was i to do unsub to swtor then re do it and get billed for 30 days even tho my account still had game time. SO far 2016 there deals to be sub have hit for some and left others in the dark and then fight to get it. Makes me wounder why the Teams at SWtor/EA can not come to the same table. And they wounder why so have left the game over the year. told one thing get the 180 side of the coin and Have to fight for what we where told we would get by swtor team For being Sub at point in time. !!

What in the heck is this? Try for some punctuation and maybe someone will bother to read your word salad. :rolleyes:

What I am trying to say is this. If your a RECURRING SUBSCRIPTION but some one gives you a 60 day time card for your Birthday or holiday gift using it for some reason when rewards Ie 30 days on swtor back in Oct. How can the use of a time card over ride your RECURRING SUBSCRIPTION flag

What I am trying to say is this. If your a RECURRING SUBSCRIPTION but some one gives you a 60 day time card for your Birthday or holiday gift using it for some reason when rewards Ie 30 days on swtor back in Oct. How can the use of a time card over ride your RECURRING SUBSCRIPTION flag

You remain recurring. I've done this with a referral and still got early access and rewards. You just add the time in there and your recurring renewal will be pushed back to cover it. At least that's what happened with the referral I clicked in the middle of my sub. Someone wanted extra cc.

You remain recurring. I've done this with a referral and still got early access and rewards. You just add the time in there and your recurring renewal will be pushed back to cover it. At least that's what happened with the referral I clicked in the middle of my sub. Someone wanted extra cc.

This was an issue with the free month promotional award they did a few months ago. Even though the text said game cards were counted, folks got support responses saying that they weren't.

Or at least that's how I understood it. I only use game cards and I've gotten early access and the physical awards but I've never gotten any of the coin payouts and I didn't qualify for the free month.

This was an issue with the free month promotional award they did a few months ago. Even though the text said game cards were counted, folks got support responses saying that they weren't.

Or at least that's how I understood it. I only use game cards and I've gotten early access and the physical awards but I've never gotten any of the coin payouts and I didn't qualify for the free month.

Thing is, only SOME people were told it didn't count.

Many people ended up getting the promo after submitting a ticket.

It's VERY inconsistent.

LoL

there was no fail. You have to first have a marketing department before you develop a plan. Let alone new content to advertise to get the playerbase excited about. :rolleyes:

RNG? oh, I'll pass. I'll stick around long enough to watch them burn it to the ground on their own.

Edited by Liquor

The reason I used the title cause after a 2+hrs on the phone with both a rep and her supervisors and the Fact is was set up for over 2 yrs as 30 day auto sub but was told there system pick up as 60 day card and its not the first reward as be sub by this time that rewards like the 500 Cc later then some got cause thing fell throw creaks in there system. Only rewards that it counted for where the date like 25th and 27th got those to but free time failed to come.

I think the OP is trying to say "5 years of back to back time cards should = 5 year sub for rewards"

In which case I say, sub is sub. Time card is not sub.

uh, NO. timecards count as subscription. they cost the same as subscription, they are SOLD as subscription, when added to account - they show up as "days of subscription remaining" in the exact same way is recurring subscription. they give identical perks to recurring subscription. they ARE a subscription.

do not confuse them with cartel coin cards.

it was supposed to count. it did for me. I do think I had to call them up and clear that up, but even if you read the small text - it states that yes, time cards counted. sometimes you used to get unlucky and got service rep that had no clue whatsoever, so they just said no, but I would insist to talk to someone else instead (or call back) nowadays though... it seems like pretty much all of them have no clue.

Edited by Jeweledleah

Its sad that yet again in 2016 that deal has come to some of us and yet when you try to find out way its not come to you get the long song and dance from CS. Even if you where a auto 30 day sub and happen to get a 60 day card and put it on your account they see it as your 60 day player not what your account is flagged as. So I lost it on the SCR they moved my call to a supper visor that did nothing but piss me off even more. For where I live just North Up the Cost line of NY state up here in Canada. Told them EB Games up here been selling the 60 day cards for $29.99 no tax but yet when billed for the 30 days at times has gone over $25 so for few bucks more bigger bang for my $$$ but still got told that I had to have back in OCt 5th set up a auto sub. point out what was i to do unsub to swtor then re do it and get billed for 30 days even tho my account still had game time. SO far 2016 there deals to be sub have hit for some and left others in the dark and then fight to get it. Makes me wounder why the Teams at SWtor/EA can not come to the same table. And they wounder why so have left the game over the year. told one thing get the 180 side of the coin and Have to fight for what we where told we would get by swtor team For being Sub at point in time. !!

What's this aboot, eh?